UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/1/14 3:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chadk
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm out of town on business. If I can find a bar in Vail showing it, I'll go watch it. If not... Phone Post 3.0
5/1/14 3:14 PM
endochokedme
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all access does a good job promoting the fighters imo. I find myself getting into the fight more as it gets closer to fight day. By fight day I really thought Canelo could win. I really want to see if el Chino can land just 1 of those chopping overhand rights

5/1/14 6:10 PM
pharochuck
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
MMA Playwright - This is Al Haymon? I didn't imagine him looking like that.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0219/box_e_haymon01jr_576x324.jpg

yes, thats him. he used to go to fights completely anonymous. guy is mysterious to say the least. there are only a few known pictures of him and even less interviews. guy basically took over the sport in a five year period

5/1/14 6:29 PM
MarcVanBas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

76k tickets sold so far for froch v groves.
5/1/14 6:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy shit Marc, it's going to be fucking electric. Where they are fighting, is it more pro Froch or Groves?
5/1/14 6:42 PM
MarcVanBas

Its at wembley the national football team stadium. Its more or less split 50/50, George has been doing more media work and talks well and carl has just been away from the spotlight training.
5/1/14 6:46 PM
MarcVanBas

Edited: 05/01/14 6:50 PM
Sorry, its in london so there should be more groves fans and most likely will be. Carl should get booed but you never know.
5/1/14 6:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome, can't wait for this. War Groves!!!!
5/1/14 6:54 PM
Tilla

I'd imagine Carl getting boo'ed due to how cuntish he came across after the first fight.

I've got 5 tickets here - I can't wait to go!

Groves within 5, tops. I reckon at least half of Carl's punch resistance has gone from their first fight. Groves detonated some abso-fucking-lute BOMBS on him. It's had to have an enormous effect on him.
5/1/14 6:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I hope Groves is in shape, just in case it goes 12. Froch is tough as nails and George started to fade in their first fight.
5/1/14 7:00 PM
MarcVanBas

Would love to see groves fight degale again. I had james winning the last fight but it was very close.
5/1/14 7:02 PM
MMA Playwright
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quick reminder:

ESPN Friday Night Fights is on tonight. 9 PM EST, on ESPN 2.
5/1/14 7:04 PM
MarcVanBas

Barry_BondsMVP - I hope Groves is in shape, just in case it goes 12. Froch is tough as nails and George started to fade in their first fight.

I worry that he might have taken on to much media stuff, it's got to take something out of you.
5/1/14 7:04 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

DeGale is meh to me. He gets the winner of this fight though as a mandatory, that's if he beats Gonzales.
5/1/14 7:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks MMA
MMA Playwright
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quotes from the presser for the undercard of Mayweather vs. Maidana:

Carlos Molina: We’re ready. Come Saturday night it’s pay-per-view, so we’re going to go for broke on this one. We’re letting our hands fly and expect a great performance from Carlos Molina.

Adrien Broner: If y’all thought a loss was gonna humble me or put me in my place, then y’all can just shove that up y’all ass. Listen, I’ve come to do damage man. I’m punching with bad intentions and I’m back on my “A” game…you put Carlos Molina in front of me? That’s kinda disrespectful to me. So I’m going to make an example out of this muthaf–ker. He’s talking something about going for broke. Sh-t. Ain’t he already broke? He’s getting the biggest payday he ever got and he’s about to get his a– whooped…no homo but he getting’ it off the ding-ding.
Barry_BondsMVP

MarcVanBas - 
Barry_BondsMVP - I hope Groves is in shape, just in case it goes 12. Froch is tough as nails and George started to fade in their first fight.

I worry that he might have taken on to much media stuff, it's got to take something out of you.

yea this is a huge fight, hopefully it hasn't gone to his head.
5/1/14 7:11 PM
endochokedme
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

legit lol at "...He’s talking something about going for broke. Sh-t. Ain’t he already broke?"

i loved seeing Broner get beat up last time out, but I do find him entertaining. Sometimes I laugh at him and sometimes I laugh with him.

5/1/14 7:36 PM
The Mouth

I hate Broner.

His mouth has more skills than his boxing.

Molina may not be a huge threat... but I sincerely hope he gets lucky.

5/1/14 9:13 PM
PoundforPound
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - Is anyone actually gonna buy this card? After putting on a card with Mayweather/Canelo and Garcia/Matthysse, this one looks like a pretty big turd.

I am, Floyd only has a handful of fights left before he retires and I plan to watch every one. Would love to go see him live before he calls it quits too.

The undercard does suck though. Not as good as we have come to expect from Golden Boy. Khan vs. Collazo should be competitive but that's about it.
5/1/14 10:18 PM
Tomato Can
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not just the lack of a compelling co-main. I thought Canelo had a legit shot. I don't really feel the same about Maidana.
5/2/14 4:36 AM
Fedoral Crime
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - It's not just the lack of a compelling co-main. I thought Canelo had a legit shot. I don't really feel the same about Maidana.
I'm the total opposite. I never thought Canelo had a chance and even though I think Floyd will have another dominant win, I think Maidana will make it more competitive.

He also has a better punchers chance than Floyd's last few opponents cos he does throw that overhand right in a weird way.

Compared to Top Rank's undercards this one is stacked. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/14 4:58 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Top rank's cards are fucking horrible. Phone Post 3.0
5/2/14 1:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

that awkward over hand lands on someone like Broner because he's straight up, Floyd leans back behind that shoulder roll. I could be wrong, it'll be interesting to see.
5/2/14 1:54 PM
Tomato Can
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually the Pac/Bradley II undercard was pretty decent on paper, although I still didn't buy it. The Bradley/Marquez undercard was hysterically bad.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.