UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

5/17/14 9:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OmgItsTheWams
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can david lemieux ever win a title? I never knew he was only 25 and next weekend he is fighting fernando guerrero for NABF middleweight title could be a fun fight

5/17/14 10:04 AM
OmgItsTheWams
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

another fight I would like to see is alexis santos 13(11)-0 vs daniel martz 10(7)-1-1 martz is a former somewhat local toughman fighter who is very raw but he has been improving and he is a very big HW 6'7 250ish the fight is june 5th

5/17/14 10:26 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KJ! - He won't get Pacman he will probably get Bradley. Rumors are PAC may leave arum I hope it happens. Phone Post 3.0
If he leaves arum we know what that means :) Phone Post 3.0
5/17/14 11:11 AM
chadk
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
KJ! - He won't get Pacman he will probably get Bradley. Rumors are PAC may leave arum I hope it happens. Phone Post 3.0
Means Floyd will have to find another excuse not to face him? I don't think it ever happens. We can debate ad nauseam about who's fault it "originally" is but it's clear to me that, for whatever reason, Floyd just isn't ever going to fight him. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/14 11:21 AM
Oak the Toke
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - So, call me suspicious but looking at the weigh in pics of Marquez and he's looking more ripped than he did for Bradley and has what appears to be acne on his chest. I've not heard of any drug testing for this bout, so.... things that make you go hmm... Phone Post 3.0
C'mon man, don't you know that most Mexicans hit puberty when they turn 40?

It does look like the pharmacy showed up for this fight. I supposed he could go the Vitor round and say that Jesus gave him his strength, but really, what need is there for Jesus when you have a drug dealing Angel in your corner. ;) Phone Post 3.0
5/17/14 11:25 AM
Oak the Toke
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Means Floyd will have to find another excuse not to face him? I don't think it ever happens. We can debate ad nauseam about who's fault it "originally" is but it's clear to me that, for whatever reason, Floyd just isn't ever going to fight him. Phone Post 3.0
Yikes, and I thought it just meant that he now can fight on Jewish holidays. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/14 1:37 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
851 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I doubt Pac will leave Arum, he would of last year if he really wanted that Floyd fight imo.

of course JMM is back on something, he'll run through Alvarado tonight.

OMG, Lemeiux has been a disappoinment for me.

5/17/14 2:28 PM
tbi0904
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you guys think JMM is back on the sauce? I didn't see the weigh in. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/14 2:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
851 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/17/14 2:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Cotto-Martinez PPV Scooped Up By BoxNation

LONDON - This summer’s eagerly anticipated showdown between superstars Sergio Martinez and Miguel Cotto will be shown live and exclusive on BoxNation.

‘The Channel of Champions’ has once again proved its punching power by landing the mega middleweight world title clash on June 7th at the iconic Madison Square Garden in New York.

This follows an incredible 2014 which has seen the world’s best boxing channel air a host of leading matchups including Floyd Mayweather’s toe-to-toe superfight with Marcos Maidana, plus Manny Pacquiao’s sensational ring return against Tim Bradley.

The addition of Martinez’s defence of his WBC middleweight crown against a rejuvenated Cotto, to the BoxNation calendar, offers fight fans the chance to see two of boxing’s biggest names go at it in a genuine 50-50 fight.

“I am very happy to be back in my second home, Madison Square Garden in New York, to once again make history in front of my fans,” said Cotto. “I will be ready and prepared to do whatever it takes to bring the WBC middleweight championship of the world to my country of Puerto Rico.”

“It has been my dream to fight in the big room at Madison Square Garden, a place where many great fighters have showcased their talents,” said Martinez. “It is the biggest stage in the world and the world will be watching this fight.”

“Miguel Cotto and Sergio Martinez have electrified sports fans during their entire careers,” said Todd duBoef, president of Top Rank. “On June 7, their passionate fans and the nations they represent will finally witness this highly anticipated showdown.”

June 7th will see a doubleheader take place on BoxNation with Stuart Hall set to defend his IBF bantamweight title against rising star Paul Butler at Newcastle’s Metro Radio Arena before going Stateside for the huge New York bill.

The exciting Martinez-Cotto announcement comes ahead of a big weekend on BoxNation which sees Mexican legend Juan Manuel Marquez and the sturdy Mike Alvarado go at it this Saturday night.

5/17/14 2:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mares' Return Eyed For Canelo-Lara Card

y Salvador Rodriguez

According to Golden Boy Promtions head matchmaker Eric Gomez, former three division world champion Abner Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs) is now likely to return as part of the Showtime Pay-Per-View undercard to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara, which takes place on July 12th from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Mares has been inactive since suffering a first round TKO defeat at the hands of Jhonny Gonzalez last August. They were set for a rematch in February, but then Mares withdrew with a rib injury. Mares then appeared to be returning on Golden Boy's Showtime date of June 21, which is now being ruled out.

The WBC recently ordered a final eliminator between Mares and Jayson Velez, who Golden Boy co-promotes with Miguel Cotto. A date of May 29 has been set down for the purse bid, but Velez expects Mares to take another direction.

Another fight that might appear on Canelo-Lara, according to promoter Fernando Beltran of Zanfer Promotions, is the mandatory lightweight bout between champion Omar Figueroa and challenger Daniel Estrada.

5/17/14 2:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Khan: My Performance Made Mayweather's Look OK

By Edward Chaykovsky

British star Amir Khan believes his welterweight debut against Luis Collazo was so impressive that it boosted his chances, in the minds of the boxing public, to defeat Floyd Mayweather Jr.  On May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Khan dropped Collazo three times for a lopsided twelve round unanimous decision.

The card was headlined by Mayweather, who had a tougher time than expected in winning a twelve round majority decision over Marcos Maidana to unify the WBC/WBA 147-pound titles.

“People said to me, ‘if you fought Mayweather on the same day as when you fought [Collazo], you’d have beaten him because his performance wasn’t the best’,” Khan told British reporters. “But I really think because my performance was so good that it made his [Mayweather’s] performance just look OK. And that’s why people say that."

Because Mayweather is planning a trip to the UK, and to Khan's hometown of Bolton, there could be some genuinine interest from Mayweather in facing Khan down the line.

“I don’t see the point of him coming to Bolton,” Khan said. “But it’s good for Bolton first of all — Floyd Mayweather one of the best fighters ever to come to our small town. If it wasn’t for boxing, I don’t know if anyone would know where Bolton is. If he didn’t know me, then I don’t think he’d know where Bolton is, but there must be some interest for him. But is he going to do it? I don’t know," Khan said.

“I can’t see why he’s picked Bolton of all places, it must be because of the fight, he wants the fight, or he doesn’t want the fight. I don’t know what it is. I think you guys have to ask him, I think it’s just to get under my skin, why Bolton from all the places in the UK?”

5/17/14 2:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Bradley: Mayweather Fought Brilliantly With Maidana

By CARLOS ARIAS

BELL, CALIF. --- Timothy Bradley said he was very entertained by Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s majority decision victory over Marcos Maidana a couple of weeks ago.

"It was a really good fight," Bradley said at Wednesday's Juan Manuel Marquez-Mike Alvarado workout at Azteca Boxing Club. "I didn't get a chance to see the actual fight that night, but I did see the replay. It was a very entertaining fight. I thought Floyd fought brilliantly. I liked the fact that he actually stayed in the pocket. He fought and didn't move around a lot. I mean, he gave the fans what they were asking for, so I thought he fought brilliantly. I thought Maidana fought very well. Really good strategy from (his trainer Robert) Garcia. I think it was great. I thought it was a great fight. I thought Maidana did very well in the fight and they put on a great, great show."

So what's next for Bradley?

"I don't know," said Bradley, who injured his right calf during his rematch against Manny Pacquiao in April. Bradley just had the cast removed his leg a few days ago.

"I don't know. I'm here to work. Do a little broadcasting," Bradley said. "I'm trying something new, something different. We'll see what the future holds for me. I think I'm going to do the international feed for this (Marquez-Alvarado) fight. I think I'm hosting with Crystina Poncher ... we also hosting the weigh-ins on Friday, you know, something different. I could picture possibly commentating some day. I just gotta get my feet wet."

Bradley still has a wrap on his calf and still has about 6-8 weeks of rehab ahead of him.

"I plan on getting back in the ring if everything goes well and according to plan," Bradley said, "probably in October or November some time."
5/17/14 3:34 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cleverly and Rees card starting, I don't think you can stream it on SKYsports website unless you are from UK or Ireland. 

Going to try to find a stream for UniMas (Ruiz v Quezada) tonight as well (1130pm ET)

Enjoy the fights bros. For the record, if you think Pacquiao's mom was throwing some witchcraft out there for the Bradley rematch........just wait until the 5th Marquez fight. She'll be twisting the knees of a Marquez Voodoo doll in the background of his public workouts.  

5/17/14 5:06 PM
Tomato Can
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the UK card is on AWE TV in the US, but it didn't look too interesting so I passed on it.
5/17/14 5:07 PM
sgotwalks
1345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

Cleverly and Rees card starting, I don't think you can stream it on SKYsports website unless you are from UK or Ireland. 

Going to try to find a stream for UniMas (Ruiz v Quezada) tonight as well (1130pm ET)

Enjoy the fights bros. For the record, if you think Pacquiao's mom was throwing some witchcraft out there for the Bradley rematch........just wait until the 5th Marquez fight. She'll be twisting the knees of a Marquez Voodoo doll in the background of his public workouts.  

LOL!

5/17/14 5:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea the UK card is ok. lol thanks Subb...that Unimas card is here in Fresno, didn't feel like going.

5/17/14 10:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm ready, no cable until next week. So I'll be streaming Bellator and this fight. War Rampage btw

5/17/14 10:51 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Aydin is boo boo

5/17/14 11:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Good, Fuck Em

5/17/14 11:28 PM
chadk
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ayudin's neck is going to be stiff as hell tomorrow. Phone Post 3.0
5/17/14 11:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Alvarado wont go past 6 I think.

5/17/14 11:36 PM
chadk

Mike looking slow on pads. I'd brawl the slow starting JMM early, then use my height, reach and younger legs once Marquez started timing me. Brawl early, box down the stretch. But Mike is pure warrior and tends to brawl when hit. Exactly the wrong approach to Marquez Phone Post 3.0
Zanzoken
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alvarado is going to get worked imo
tbi0904
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marquez has some impressive bacne. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.