UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/18/14 12:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zanzoken
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn, that is a goat vag under Alva's eye
williepep
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative
chadk
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manny's a damned fool if he doesn't DEMAND random testing for 5 lol. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/14 12:19 AM
KFP49
1567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

johnyextra - Gifs? Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0
5/18/14 12:21 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
857 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ain't a JMM with out some drama lol. I have JMM up 10 rounds to 1.

5/18/14 12:22 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
857 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lockon - Is the Manny fight almost guaranteed for the winner? Haven't been keeping up with any of this, I know Freddie's at the event

that's what uncle Bobby is trying to say

5/18/14 12:25 AM
Zanzoken
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great fight!
5/18/14 12:28 AM
MarkRobinson
1549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great fuckin fight. 

5/18/14 12:28 AM
DanChow
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

117-109, 117-109, 119-108 all in favor of @Jmmarquez_1
5/18/14 12:31 AM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had it 117-109.

Alvarado tried to box a boxer.  WHAT THE FUCK WAS HIS CAMP THINKING.

He needed to walk him down and rough him up.  What a terrible game plan.

5/18/14 12:32 AM
johnyextra
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KFP49 -
johnyextra - Gifs? Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0
Vu sir Phone Post 3.0
5/18/14 12:36 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

master performance again, now on to Rampage....AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

5/18/14 12:45 AM
Oak the Toke
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great last half to the fight. It would of been better if Mikey would have brought it in the first 6 like he did in the last.

Turned out to be a nice victory for Marquez with several steller exchanges. I just hope he realizes that he might have a little rash going from the detergent in those hotel towels. Better get that checked out champ. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/14 12:53 AM
tbi0904
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight, Marquez outclassed and beat up Alvarado. Post fight he didn't say yes or no to a 5th fight with Pacquiao. I think for him the 4th fight was the storybook ending to their rivalry why go back? Marquez feels he won every fight. I can see his line of thinking behind that.
5/18/14 12:58 AM
chadk
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sergio Martinez speaks English well. Wonder why he insists on answering in Spanish? Good sense of intensity in that "Face Off". Phone Post 3.0
5/18/14 1:09 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Martinez needs to go with being the Latin Ben Stiller lol

5/18/14 3:00 AM
sgotwalks
3228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great night of fights, and my man Marquez was the star attraction. My Gawd this 40 year-old Mexican fire cracker. I personally would love to see him and Pac do a fifth fight, but I would also love to see this larger, ageless version of Marquez get another shot at Floyd. 

5/18/14 1:45 PM
Oak the Toke
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Marquez on gear couldn't do to Alvarado what Provodnikov could. It's too bad that he wants no part of the Siberian Rocky because that's the fight I'd like to see. It would be a great match-up and I wonder what type of damage that Ruslan can do to Juan because Mikey got to him several times. Although JMM has always shown an innate ability to recover and is one of the best counter punchers in the sport. Regardless, it would be a great and exciting fight for the fans.

He can't and won't fight Floyd. Money May is smart enough to demand for VADA testing and JMM won't accept. He hasn't before for good reason.

So I guess it's another match-up with Pac, who is sure to demand for stricter testing but Arum has been slow to grasp the PEDs reality before. They'll probably end up doing the same thing they did for the Bradley fight and have the NAC handle it, which would only give me a slight level of confidence over the laughable USADA. It will be a chance for PAC to redeem himself and a last big payday for Marquez. The fight should be exciting and the hype will be ridiculous. Another win for the fans if not for either opponent. Quite possibly another Manny decision with Juan claiming he really won like he does with virtually every loss. What then, Pacquiao / Marquez VI???? Lol, Meh. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/14 2:08 PM
Tomato Can
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really wanna see Maidana/Marquez but sadly promotional bullshit will never allow that to happen.
5/18/14 3:34 PM
sgotwalks
3228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oak the Toke - A Marquez on gear couldn't do to Alvarado what Provodnikov could. It's too bad that he wants no part of the Siberian Rocky because that's the fight I'd like to see. It would be a great match-up and I wonder what type of damage that Ruslan can do to Juan because Mikey got to him several times. Although JMM has always shown an innate ability to recover and is one of the best counter punchers in the sport. Regardless, it would be a great and exciting fight for the fans.

He can't and won't fight Floyd. Money May is smart enough to demand for VADA testing and JMM won't accept. He hasn't before for good reason.

So I guess it's another match-up with Pac, who is sure to demand for stricter testing but Arum has been slow to grasp the PEDs reality before. They'll probably end up doing the same thing they did for the Bradley fight and have the NAC handle it, which would only give me a slight level of confidence over the laughable USADA. It will be a chance for PAC to redeem himself and a last big payday for Marquez. The fight should be exciting and the hype will be ridiculous. Another win for the fans if not for either opponent. Quite possibly another Manny decision with Juan claiming he really won like he does with virtually every loss. What then, Pacquiao / Marquez VI???? Lol, Meh. Phone Post 3.0

Provodnikov is tough as fuck, and just because he was able to finish Alvarado and Marquez couldn't, doesn't mean Marquez wouldn't put on a boxing clinic against Provodnikov. Those arguments never make sense to me when discussing fighters with similar opponents.........everybody knows styles come into play.

5/18/14 5:59 PM
Oak the Toke

sgotwalks -
Oak the Toke - A Marquez on gear couldn't do to Alvarado what Provodnikov could. It's too bad that he wants no part of the Siberian Rocky because that's the fight I'd like to see. It would be a great match-up and I wonder what type of damage that Ruslan can do to Juan because Mikey got to him several times. Although JMM has always shown an innate ability to recover and is one of the best counter punchers in the sport. Regardless, it would be a great and exciting fight for the fans.

Provodnikov is tough as fuck, and just because he was able to finish Alvarado and Marquez couldn't, doesn't mean Marquez wouldn't put on a boxing clinic against Provodnikov. Those arguments never make sense to me when discussing fighters with similar opponents.........everybody knows styles come into play.

Seems like lately several of your arguments don't make sense to me or anyone else with a shred of intelligence. But that's besides the point.

Ruslan fought Mikey in his home town. He had everything going for him to win but got toasted. Another common opponent is Bradley. Again, Ruslan did better. If Tim wasn't so freakin tough that fight would have been a KO. But it's just a comparison and not an exact science as you mentioned. Why else could Marquez look so good against Pacquiao and so shitty against Bradley or Floyd?

I agree that most would think JMM should be able to pick him apart which is why I said it would make for a great fight. But honestly, that's only if he's using the same "supplementation" that he was for this fight. I'm not sure he'll have enough power to get the job done otherwise. You would think its Ruslan's relentlessness vs Juan's precise counter punching. It would be a great match up, should be tailor made for JMM, and be very entertaining for fight fans. It's irrelevant though because Marquez won't take the fight. Every big name seems to want no part of Provodnikov.

We're probably getting another Pac fight. Not my first choice but I love most fights anyways. So let's get ready to rumble, ding ding. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/14 6:30 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gents,

Apparently there was a FOTY candidate last night on the Leeds Town Hall card in the UK. Travis Dickinson vs Matty Clarkson in the Maxinutrition KO tourney. Same card Fast Eddie got a stoppage win on.

Here are rounds 5-6, all I could find. After watching who I think is Dickinson be allowed to continue in Rd 5, I'm not all that into the stoppage of the fight in the next round.....but then I didn't get a chance to see what kind of punishment Clarkson took in the earlier rounds. Supposedly he was knocked down a couple of times in the opening rounds by Dickinson. You be the judge........

5/18/14 6:42 PM
sgotwalks

Oak the Toke - 
sgotwalks -

Seems like lately several of your arguments don't make sense to me or anyone else with a shred of intelligence. But that's besides the point.

Ruslan fought Mikey in his home town. He had everything going for him to win but got toasted. Another common opponent is Bradley. Again, Ruslan did better. If Tim wasn't so freakin tough that fight would have been a KO. But it's just a comparison and not an exact science as you mentioned. Why else could Marquez look so good against Pacquiao and so shitty against Bradley or Floyd?

I agree that most would think JMM should be able to pick him apart which is why I said it would make for a great fight. But honestly, that's only if he's using the same "supplementation" that he was for this fight. I'm not sure he'll have enough power to get the job done otherwise. You would think its Ruslan's relentlessness vs Juan's precise counter punching. It would be a great match up, should be tailor made for JMM, and be very entertaining for fight fans. It's irrelevant though because Marquez won't take the fight. Every big name seems to want no part of Provodnikov.

We're probably getting another Pac fight. Not my first choice but I love most fights anyways. So let's get ready to rumble, ding ding. Phone Post 3.0

Your points are sound enough that I'm not gonna argue..............but that girl's shorts weren't short!

5/18/14 7:19 PM
Oak the Toke

It wasn't about the shorts, amigo. It was about the self-entitled mother wasting precious school resources that are better served elsewhere, perhaps even on the enrichment of her own child. The shorts, in and of themselves, were fine and she should feel free to wear them wherever on her own time.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Marquez vs Maidana as another poster suggested. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/14 7:36 PM
Oak the Toke

Thanks Subbedzero.

Action packed 2 rounds. Don't know why the ref stopped that fight. While the swelling on his cheek looked awkward, it certainly wasn't handicapping Clarkson from continuing. I wonder what was causing it, maybe a slighted broken jaw or cheekbone? Man, it's sure gonna look ugly tomorrow. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.