UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/8/14 2:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tomato Can
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

115-113 Canelo
7/8/14 4:38 PM
Chaelismyhero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Cobra BINGO'D My Screen Name Again - 

a few days away i'm excited for Canelo/Lara, any predictions?

I think Canelo is going to knock Lara out early.

Canelo has excellent handspeed and can box quite well and Lara was getting tagged repeatedly by,and I like him,slow as molasses Angulo.

I think Lara is a little chinny. If Canelo wins and moves up to MW,their are a lot of HUGE fights for him.
7/8/14 4:58 PM
The Cobra BINGO'D My Screen Name Again
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Canelo in a close one as well. Lara isn't that dominate force some make him out to be imo...He looked okay against Vanes and Perro, that pressure from Perro really bothered him, he should of lost to Molina. 

If Canelo imposes his will, and throws those nice combos on the ropes, I think he slows down Lara late.

7/8/14 5:20 PM
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

new Paul Williams interview

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/paul-williams-exclusive-i-still-feel-i-will-fight-again/

7/8/14 6:55 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also looking forward to Canelo-Lara and Canelo moving up to 160.

I want to see Canelo Cotto more than ever now that Cotto is back on top.

thanks for the Punisher interview, its inspiring to read/see his attitude on life

7/8/14 9:44 PM

Algieri was offered a fight with Pacman lol

7/9/14 10:39 AM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they've found a niche for Pacquiao, fighting B level opponents for A level revenue in Macau.

I don't mean the 'B level' tag to be taken too negatively, there aren't many fighters that are compelling matchups against someone like Pacquiao. But there must be a market, or they are developing a market, for Pac to appeal to an Asian audience by beating up guys like Rios and Algieri.
7/9/14 11:13 AM
chadk
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Lara's chances for an upset. Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 12:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hearn said talks for Froch-DeGale are on going.
7/9/14 3:59 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
478 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put Pacquiao/ Algeiri on HBO Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 6:47 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - I like Lara's chances for an upset. Phone Post 3.0

The biggest question with Canelo for me is his weight/stamina

I don't understand making these catch weight fights? Why not move up to 160?

7/9/14 6:50 PM
MMA Playwright
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shannon Briggs officially world ranked

The last U.S. heavyweight champion of the world Shannon Briggs (55-6-1, 48 KOs) has officially been world ranked by the WBA with a ranking of 14. The ranking is significant because upon approval by the sanctioning body, a boxer needs to be ranked at least number 15 to be eligible for a non-mandatory world title defense by the world champion. Briggs was contacted this past Friday to possibly step in to fight now two-time WBA world champion Ruslan Chagaev (33-2-1, 20 KOs) on just two days’ notice. Briggs without hesitation replied immediately that he wanted the fight.

“I’m appreciative to the WBA for the opportunity to fight for their NABA regional title which I won a little over a week ago,” said Briggs. “I’m right on track to where I wanted to be at this point of my current comeback. I was pleasantly surprised when contacted for an opportunity to fight Chagaev last weekend. I didn’t hestitate at all to tell Chagaev’s team that I wanted the fight. I was and still am in excellent condition. I would have beaten Chagaev for sure. I didn’t care if the fight was just on a few days notice or that I would have had to travel half way around the world arriving likely the day before the fight. I’m that serious about this comeback and winning the heavyweight championship of the world. I’m back in training and back in pursuit of Wladimir Klitschko,” said Briggs.

7/9/14 7:14 PM
dios
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rumors circulating that mayweather v pacquiao is gona happen May 2015 , with possible rematch should mayweather lose on September 2015 Phone Post 3.0
7/9/14 7:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

been hearing these rumors since 2010 lol. If both win their next fight, I'd still love to see it though.

7/9/14 7:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Briggs fucking sucks lol

7/9/14 7:23 PM
pharochuck
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
chadk - I like Lara's chances for an upset. Phone Post 3.0

as do i. 

7/10/14 2:30 AM
Windy City
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am picking Canelo, but am rooting for Lara being I think he has a better style to beat Mayweather!
7/10/14 2:47 AM
Windy City
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In this podcast we actually talk about the Lara vs Canelo fight starting at the 38:50 mark. We also talk about the Gennady Golovkin vs Daniel Geale fight and Byrant Jennings vs mike Perez fight.

Here is the soundcloud link

https://soundcloud.com/chicagosportscrunch-radio/1moreroundradioepisode02-june-boxing-and-breakdown-of-canelo-vs-lara
7/10/14 8:27 AM
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Windy City - I am picking Canelo, but am rooting for Lara being I think he has a better style to beat Mayweather!

I know this isn't what you meant, but I would argue that Canelo has a better style to FIGHT Mayweather--the style that generates 2 million plus buys for a big event.

In other words, I don't think Lara sells and I don't think Floyd fights frequently enough to want to make that fight in addition to what he might have lined up with easier and more marketable fighters like Maidana, Khan and possibly Cotto, Broner or Pacquiao after those fights are finished.
7/10/14 12:31 PM
Chaelismyhero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Shannon Briggs fights Wladimir Klitschko, I honestly believe that he might die. I'm dead serious...I highly doubt he beats Ruslan but if he somehow pulls it off...

Vitali almost killed him about 4 years. It was an absolute slaughter.
7/10/14 12:53 PM
Windy City

thefightingsheep - 
Windy City - I am picking Canelo, but am rooting for Lara being I think he has a better style to beat Mayweather!

I know this isn't what you meant, but I would argue that Canelo has a better style to FIGHT Mayweather--the style that generates 2 million plus buys for a big event.

In other words, I don't think Lara sells and I don't think Floyd fights frequently enough to want to make that fight in addition to what he might have lined up with easier and more marketable fighters like Maidana, Khan and possibly Cotto, Broner or Pacquiao after those fights are finished.

I agree with you, but Mayweather fights junior welterweights,welterweights and junior middleweights and if Lara wins he is the biggest threat to Mayweather. Bob Arum has said in the past Mayweather doesn't fight black fighters and I kind of agree with him.
7/10/14 2:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

what's Arum talking about?

Mosley

Judah

Shamba Mitchell

Corley

N'Dou

7/10/14 2:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Maidana-Mayweather II confirmed 

7/10/14 2:59 PM
thefightingsheep

Barry_BondsMVP - 

what's Arum talking about?

Mosley

Judah

Shamba Mitchell

Corley

N'Dou

I'm sure Arum really meant "He won't fight Tim Bradley, Kendall Holt or Lamont Peterson."
7/10/14 3:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol yea that's true.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.