UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/21/14 10:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haven't heard that name in a while.
7/21/14 10:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner is rumored to be fighting Emmanuel Taylor September 6th in Cincinnati. Berto and Matthysse are fighting the same day, probably a split venue
7/21/14 11:03 PM
Oak the Toke
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Cotto is eyeing Canelo and JCCjr 

JCC is too big for Cotto. As long as jr actually trains and shows up it will be bad news. Horrible idea. Besides I doubt jr could even cut that kind of weight again even though pops is blowing smoke that he can. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 11:37 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - Fury/Chisora II is off. Chisora has pulled out citing a broken hand.

Shocking.

Hasnt Fury had like 3 fights fall out in the last year? 

7/21/14 11:37 PM
Chris27

Cotto/Canelo is the fight to make, screw JCC.

Cotto/Canelo would do monster business with their fanbases.  Outside of fighting Floyd or Manny thats the biggest selling fight to make in boxing right now.

7/21/14 11:42 PM
Oak the Toke
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^^^ yes it's the #3 vs #4 draw in boxing. It's a freaking no brainer for both dudes. No clue why Cotto would chase less money to fight a much physically bigger JCC. The only reason I believe would be Cotto thinks JCC won't really show up like he has in the past. Phone Post 3.0
7/21/14 11:55 PM
Chaelismyhero

Julio Cesar Chavez is basically a bigger version of Antonio Margarito and Tony beat Cotto down.

Canelo-Cotto is the fight to make.
7/22/14 12:04 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - Julio Cesar Chavez is basically a bigger version of Antonio Margarito and Tony beat Cotto down.

Margarito and Plaster of Paris beat Cotto down Phone Post 3.0
7/22/14 12:23 AM
Windy City
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just did a boxing podcast with a few buddies. Iit started off a little slow but in the podcast we talk a little about

Canelo vs Lara post fight

Golovkin vs Geale

Jennings vs Perez

James tobey and Roy Jones

Kovelov vs Capparello

Rios vs Chavez

PAC vs Algieri

https://soundcloud.com/chicagosportscrunch-radio/1moreroundradioepisode03-post-fight-canelo-vs-lara-and-pre-fight-golovkin
7/22/14 1:02 AM
Chaelismyhero

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Chaelismyhero - Julio Cesar Chavez is basically a bigger version of Antonio Margarito and Tony beat Cotto down.

Margarito and Plaster of Paris beat Cotto down Phone Post 3.0

Their is absolutely no evidence to support that.
7/22/14 2:15 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'll have a listen tomorrow Windy, thanks.
7/22/14 5:59 AM
Fedoral Crime
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
Tomato Can - Fury/Chisora II is off. Chisora has pulled out citing a broken hand.

Shocking.

Hasnt Fury had like 3 fights fall out in the last year? 

Yep, David Haye pulled out twice and now Chisora.

The Gypsy curse is P4P the most powerful of all curses. Mama Pacqauio's curse pales in comparison. Phone Post 3.0
7/22/14 9:31 AM
salyer36
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lower tier tickets for the Golovkin fight are $60 on Saturday. I almost have to go.
7/22/14 1:07 PM
Oak the Toke

Naw man, Margarito was a relentless, come forward, volume puncher. JCC is more of a brawler that comes forward. Although I agree both guys strategy is to take punishment in order to dish it out. JCC is so much bigger though. He's gotta have at least 30 pounds on Cotto as we speak. 160 is about as drawn out as he can get unless he amputates a limb. I'm not sure there's any benefit for him to keep trying to make that weight except the paycheck. I guess Cotto's camp realizes this and is just trying to exploit his obvious weakness. It's a risky gamble to take because if jr is actually starting to take this shit seriously again then Cotto could get beaten real bad, and he can't suffer too many more like he did against Tony and Manny. Regardless, Miguel is only another big win away from the possibly the biggest paycheck of his career.

The million dollar question is, would either PBF or Pac move up to challenge him @160, hoping to add another division title for their legacy and cement their place in boxing immortality? Phone Post 3.0
7/22/14 2:14 PM
Windy City
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I am Cottos manager there are only 3 fights I am interested in and that's Canelo, Mayweather or PAC!

7/22/14 2:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Arum and Pac already said they wont fight anyone above 150 again, hell Arum wanted Canelo at 147. No way Cotto fights Manny below JMW.

7/22/14 2:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Adamek vs Szpilka looms for Nov 8th 

7/22/14 2:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Juanma is talking a return to 126

7/22/14 2:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

local boy Jose Ramirez will be training with Roach

7/22/14 2:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Jhonny Gonzalez-Cristian Mijares Clash in Talks

By Miguel Rivera

Cristian Mijares (50-8-2, 25KOs) is still hunting for another world title. El Diamante says his promoter, Pepe Gomez of Cancun Boxing, has reached out to promoter Oswaldo Kuchle regarding the possibility of a fight with Jhonny Gonzalez (56-8, 47KOs), the featherweight champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC).

Mijares lost a twelve round decision to WBC super bantamweight champion Leo Santa Cruz in March, and then returned last month to stop Sebastian Rodriguez in seven rounds. Gonzalez has only fought once this year, a ten round technical decision over Clive Atwell in May.

If Gomez can reach a deal, he wants to place the fight on the September 13th undercard to the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Marcos Maidana rematch, taking place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Another possible date for the fight is a slot on the undercard of Canelo Alvarez's fall return.

"My promoter Pepe Gomez will have talks with representatives of Jhonny to sign the fight for the undercard of Floyd Mayweather's rematch with Marcos Maidana, on September 13 in Las Vegas," said Mijares.

"I feel very strong in the featherweight division and it would be a great fight with Gonzalez. We are both on the same television network and we wouldn't have any problems to sign that fight."
7/22/14 2:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd's first day in camp

7/22/14 3:01 PM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Juanma is talking a return to 126

He really should retire, he is risking serious brain damage at this point. What's the last fight he wasn't concussed in? Every fight he'd had for years now (except the ones against scrubs) has involved him getting dropped or rocked badly.
7/22/14 4:20 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what is up with Keith Thurman? His last fight was over so quick I am hoping to see him fight again soon.

7/22/14 4:30 PM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see Thurman/Alexander to see if Thurman can deal with a boxer, but as far as I know he has nothing scheduled.
7/22/14 5:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Thurman vs the winner of Porter/Brook would be good

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.