UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/30/14 5:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soild promo

7/30/14 7:49 PM
MMA Playwright
1003 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chavez-Alvarez brothers collide Sept 13

Fans have talked about a showdown between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Saul “Canelo” Alvarez for years. On September 13, we get the next best thing as their brothers, Omar “Businessman” Chavez (32-2-1, 22 KOs) and Ramon “Inocente” Alvarez (19-4-2, 12 KOs), will face off at a venue to be named.

The fight is expected to take place in Verscruz as Chavez didn’t want to fight in Alvarez’ hometown of Guadalajara and Alvarez didn’t want to fight in Culiacan where Chavez hails from.

7/30/14 9:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

7/31/14 9:04 AM
OmgItsTheWams
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lucas Browne 20(18)-0 vs Andriy Rudenko 24(16)-0 is that a solid HW match or just pretty records from weak competition
7/31/14 9:13 AM
tanner904
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

GGG's viewership figures down

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post?id=9965

That sucks but it was the same night as a UFC card as well. Thx for info Phone Post 3.0
7/31/14 9:46 AM
Tomato Can
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams - Lucas Browne 20(18)-0 vs Andriy Rudenko 24(16)-0 is that a solid HW match or just pretty records from weak competition

Browne's best win was over a 44 year old James Toney. Rudenko has beaten nothing but abject scrubs. So yea, not as great of a matchup as it appears on paper.
7/31/14 5:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

tanner904 - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

GGG's viewership figures down

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post?id=9965

That sucks but it was the same night as a UFC card as well. Thx for info Phone Post 3.0

but the Fox card always ends before the main event. HBO calls it the summer spell 

7/31/14 5:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

N'Dam-Stevens Tops ESPN's FNF, 10/1 in Santa Monica

By Mike Coppinger

The IBF middleweight title eliminator between Hassan N'Dam and Curtis Stevens finally is set.

The bout will headline ESPN2's Friday Night Fights from The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California, on Oct. 1, N'Dam's manager Gary Hyde told BoxingScene.com on Wednesday.

The winner of the matchup will be the mandatory to 160-pound beltholder Sam Soliman.

"Myself and Hassan are super confident that he will be victorious when he fights Curtis Stevens in their final eliminator Oct. 1st," Hyde said. "Hassan's powerful promoter Michael King won the bid to host the show which will give Hassan home advantage."

N'Dam, whose lone loss came to Peter Quillin in Oct. 2012, chimed in on the opportunity.

"It's great to be right in the 160 mix and I will win this fight by putting on a master class performance," N'Dam told BScene. "If I had to hand pick an opponent who I would like to have fought, this is the guy."

N'Dam's manager King Sports surprisingly won the purse bid on July 14, outbidding Stevens promoter Main Events $80,000 to $62,000. Michael King has been putting on fights in Santa Monica, so the location is a natural.

Main Events, if it won the rights to the fight, was planning to stage it in Connecticut and televise on NBC in September.

N'Dam (30-1, 18 KOs) last fought in April, a shutout win over Fulencio Zuniga. Stevens (27-4, 20 KOs) fought Tureano Johnson that same month, coming out on a top in a brawl.
7/31/14 5:53 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Danny Jacobs said he isn't ready for Golovkin, he would like to beat some one like Kid Chocolate first, then get his shot. Said Golovkin has some holes in his D, and is flat footed.

7/31/14 5:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Khan Eyes 12/6 Return, Then Mayweather in May

By Edward Chaykovsky

British welterweight Amir Khan (29-3, 19KOs) has a two fight agenda in mind. He wants to face a decent name in December, likely on the 6th of that month, and then go straight into a fight with WBC/WBA champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (46-0, 26KOs) in May. Khan officially moved up to welterweight in May and won a dominating decision over former champion Luis Collazo. Mayweather returns in a rematch against Marcos Maidana on September 13th.

Khan told Sky Sports: "I'm looking at fighting on December 6. There's no opponent yet but I've got a meeting with my manager Al Haymon in the next couple of weeks. I'll be flying back to America to begin my training camp at the end of August with my trainer Virgil Hunter in San Francisco.

"I'd like to fight whoever. There are a few big names out there. You've got Devon Alexander and Robert Guerrero out there but who knows. I'll fight anyone you put in front of me. At the moment, I'm waiting for names from Golden Boy Promotions and from Al Haymon and I'll just take it from there.

"The Mayweather fight is within touching distance. It's very close. I had that good performance against Luis Collazo which put me in that position but obviously because I don't want a long wait until May, I want to get a fight in in December and look good in that fight. I want to fight nice and comfortable and then go into a super-fight in May. That's what my idea and I've left it to my team and management to take me towards that route."

7/31/14 6:50 PM
endochokedme
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for me the Khan-Collazo fight was boring as shit with all the clinching Khan was doing. He dominated Collazo no doubt but I don't think he will get a fight with Mayweather fighting like that.

7/31/14 7:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Cotto is back in December at MSG, an opponent will likely be named next week according to Arum. He said he's open to Canelo-Cotto next spring.

7/31/14 9:04 PM
MMA Playwright
1003 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beristain turns 75

beristain-b-day300
By Gabriel F. Cordero

Hall of Fame trainer Ignacio “Nacho” Beristain celebrated his 75th birthday today in his famed Romanza Gym in México City. Born in Actopan, Veracruz, Beristain was a former amateur and professional fighter who retired from the ring due to an eye injury. He was trainer of the México Amateur National Team that won medals in the 1968, 1976 and 1980 Olympic Games and has trained 25 professional world champions. Beristain goes daily to the Romanza Gym to work with amateur and professional boxers.

8/1/14 3:51 AM
PoundforPound
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happy birthday, Nacho!

Why aren't we getting Cotto vs Canelo next? What's the hold up?
8/1/14 2:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Triple header for Cincy with Berto, Matthysse, Broner.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/11293097/adrien-broner-lucas-matthysse-andre-berto-fight-sept-6-card

8/1/14 2:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Andre Dirrell back on FNF tonight, and this weekend.

At Las Vegas (HBO): Brandon Rios vs. Diego Chaves, 10 rounds, welterweights; Jessie Vargas vs. Anton Novikov, 12 rounds, for Vargas' WBA "regular" junior welterweight title; Jose Ramirez vs. Alfred Romero, 8 rounds, junior welterweights; Jessie Magdaleno vs. Carlos Rodriguez 

At Atlantic City, N.J. (HBO): Sergey Kovalev vs. Blake Caparello, 12 rounds, for Kovalev's WBO light heavyweight title; 

8/1/14 2:52 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

hearing Angulo is having issues making weight, so he's moving up to MW.

8/1/14 7:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

old man Hopkins has balls, an agreement was reached to face Kovalev in Nov if he wins tomorrow.

8/1/14 7:26 PM
TFK_HossPearson
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

old man Hopkins has balls, an agreement was reached to face Kovalev in Nov if he wins tomorrow.

Kovalev v. Stevenson! Make the fucking fight! WTF?!?! Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 1:46 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Briggs went full retard again lol. There's a video out of him interrupting Wlad having a meal. Wlad dumps water on his head and Briggs slips on the glass hurting his foot.
8/2/14 1:58 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

RIP Hopkins Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 2:32 AM
allforroy
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Barry_BondsMVP -

RIP Hopkins Phone Post 3.0
God bless Old Man Hopkins. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 2:33 AM
salyer36
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want Kovalev to crush Hopkins.
8/2/14 4:21 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Briggs went full retard again lol. There's a video out of him interrupting Wlad having a meal. Wlad dumps water on his head and Briggs slips on the glass hurting his foot.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sRspsGcV2Sg

Fucking sad. Klitschko was in such an awkward situation, I felt bad for both. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/14 10:33 AM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/02/14 10:33 AM

fucking LOL at whoever put the restaurant fight on Klitschko's wikipedia page

They have it recorded as a first round KO....in which Wlad kept his heavyweight titles, as well as his dignity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wladimir_Klitschko

Why doesn't Briggs just look for a fight with a top HW prospect to set up some hype here and make a believer out of somebody? Is he just going for it and talking his way into a final payday?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.