UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

1/8/13 6:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/08/13 6:15 PM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61192#ixzz2HQeC79ai This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luke Furman Several overseas sources are reporting that Jan Zaveck (32-2, 18KOs) is possibly going to return to HBO on March 9th, taking on undefeated welterweight contender Keith Thurman (19-0, 18KOs). The event is taking place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Zaveck, a former IBF champion, was stopped by Andre Berto in five rounds in 2011. He fought once in 2012, winning a twelve round decision over Bethuel Ushona. Thurman is being pushed as a rising star. In his last bout, in November, he stopped former champion Carlos Quintana in four rounds.

1/8/13 8:15 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thurman is a beast, that being said he's a biiiit of a meathead, but I try not to judge. One person i'm really rooting for and miss right now....my man Paul Punisher Williams, really wanted him and Chavez Jr to go.

.....and yeah im going to go ahead and throw KIMBO in the Nightmare/Chisora mix.

1/8/13 8:22 PM
pharochuck
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP - 

would love to see Arreola vs Helenius, that would be a slop fest lol, but entertaining.

hell, Arreola vs Chisora would be entertaining, just the build up alone. Yea I expect Szpilka to win, interested to see how he looks since he broke his jaw last fight.

and not familiar with Graziano, thanks for the vid.

ins hape arreola beats either of those guys and when i say in shape it's a relative term

1/8/13 8:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol funny Pharo, I don't know though, both guys have great chins...I could see Helenius outboxing Arreola.

Agreed Subbed, Canelo/Williams would of been a great, great fight...but PW says he'll walk again, and I believe him.

1/8/13 8:47 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HBO needs to present some fucking Heavyweights.

More then fucking Seth Mitchell
1/8/13 9:04 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HBO's highlight reel of Paul Williams

1/8/13 9:05 PM
SubbedZER0

For anyone who wants to catch up on Williams' accident

1/8/13 9:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

By By Jennings and the Bronze Bomber, Henry lol.

1/8/13 9:30 PM
Brady Spawn Killed My Texans
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe him too I love his attitude imagine if he was able to box again like he said it would be story of the century imo Phone Post
1/8/13 9:42 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

i lol'd, golden heavy era turns to klitschko 12rdr or not very much for me in heavyweight these days.

.......and if Paul Williams boxes again, KOs martinez, and beats Canelo I will cast a presedential vote for him.

1/8/13 9:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

would be amazing just to see him box a 3 round exhibition, that alone would be something.

1/8/13 10:03 PM
Brady Spawn Killed My Texans
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love to even see him do a mitts routine in the ring during a boxing event Phone Post
1/8/13 10:04 PM
SubbedZER0

agreed Barry. Was also impressed with Danny Jacobs situation (Bone Cancer and removal of tumor around spine). Had a great comeback KO, and I think he's coming up for FNF.

1/8/13 10:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea, that's another great story, and also a sad one...because Pirog has fallen off the map lol.

1/8/13 10:17 PM
SubbedZER0

that was also a nice KO. Certainly happy for Jacbos given his situation but that one gave me a laugh. He had a face of 'but wait I didn't know I was on the floo.....shit'

1/8/13 10:25 PM
pharochuck
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

i lol'd, golden heavy era turns to klitschko 12rdr or not very much for me in heavyweight these days.

.......and if Paul Williams boxes again, KOs martinez, and beats Canelo I will cast a presedential vote for him.

I would quit everything and follow him around and be his disciple Phone Post
1/8/13 10:28 PM
pharochuck

HenryO - HBO needs to present some fucking Heavyweights.

More then fucking Seth Mitchell
There simply isn't any. Pretty soon Rahman son is a cool prospect but he's years away. Foreman the III would lose to light heavies, kid is hopeless. Malik Scott punches about as hard as a good super middle. Once you get past the top 5 the heavies have a tremendous talent drop Phone Post
1/8/13 10:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Pirog is ducking GGG hard.

1/8/13 10:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Foreman the III is amazing lol.

1/8/13 10:56 PM
SubbedZER0

on that note, I anxiously await the Foreman grill's next comeback, seems like Seth Mitchell would do justice as another Moorer right about now lol.

1/9/13 12:37 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Pirog is ducking GGG hard.

Lol I don't blame him. GGG is the real deal (imo)
1/9/13 1:35 PM
SubbedZER0

Gennady gets a big boost with me if he beats Gabriel Rosado, I actually don't mind Pirog ducking. Its personal opinion for sure, but if he wants to slide out of the way GGG is about to go through the 2nd of two tests I wanted to see. A tough southpaw and a decent name. Kassim Ouma was a great fight/tough finish (southpaw).

1/9/13 1:52 PM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 01/09/13 1:54 PM

Peter Quillin on sparring Chavez Jr. and Golovkin, says he's also sparred with Yves Edwards and Tyrone Woodley. Got some good laughs out of the end when Quillin explains his love for animal planet, and apparently hides his father's liquor.

1/9/13 2:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Quillin is interesting, N'Jikam had him beat if he didn't lose his chin in that last round. I can't see Martinez fighting any of these young cats coming up in the division. Quillin/Pirog, Quillin/GGG would be interesting. Thing about GGG, he can be hit, but the guy hits so hard it doesn't matter. He was hurting Cruiserweights in sparring.

1/9/13 2:41 PM
SubbedZER0

Hassan went straight prime Nogeuira zombie in that fight. I think he got off the canvas 6 or 7 times, not only that but was in the fight and fought harder upon getting up. Love Quillin, but after watching that and then the prospect who fought the Nigerian special forces guy, I remember wishing for those two to hit the gym and see them again over Quillin. The Barclay's Center i'm also a big fan of, i think Jay z, GBP, and 50 can throw down some good cards there. Enjoyed Garcia Morales 2, until Morales went spinning to oblivion lol.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.