UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

9/4/14 5:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesse Vargas vs DeMarco added to Pacquiao/Algeiri 

9/4/14 5:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roach said Provodnikov can either face Luis Carlos Abregu or rematch with Herrera next.

9/4/14 5:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Wilder-Stiverne likely going to purse bid

9/4/14 7:48 PM
MMA Playwright
929 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A local card upcoming for the DFW area:

IRON MIKE Productions Coming to Mesquite, September 26!

Marinate on this boxing fans "Iron Mike". 
What mental picture does that name illicit? In the world of prizefighting, it can be associated with one man and one man only; undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, "Iron" Mike Tyson! After a storied career as one of the most exciting and intimidating knockout artists in the history of our sport, followed by a successful acting foray in the "Hangover" movies and an award winning, one man show on Broadway, Tyson is delving into boxing promotion.

On Friday, September 26, from the Mesquite Rodeo Arena, Iron Mike Productions (in association with Mario Davila Media and Big Card Productions) presents "Big Texas Throwdown", hosted by Mike Tyson. Fox Sports will telecast the card live.

The main event will be a World Boxing Association (W.B.A.) bantamweight title bout as Anselmo Moreno (35-2-1, 12 KO's) defends his laurels against Juan Carlos Payano (15-0, 8 KO's). Moreno has reigned supreme since 2008, defeating the likes of former world champion, Vic Darchinyan, in the process. In fact, other than a decision loss to Abner Mares, at a higher weight class, Moreno hasn't been defeated in nearly 12 years. He's proven one of the more consistent performers in the game, currently, and sparks will fly when he bumps heads with the undefeated Payano.

The undercard features several names, familiar to North Texas boxing fans. Charles "The Future" Hatley (23-1-1, 16 KO's) will face his toughest opponent to date, Canada's Joachim Alcine (35-7-2, 21 KO's), in the co-main event. Alcine has met a who's who of elite level competition: Alfredo Angulo, Travis Simms, Carlos Borjorquez, Daniel Santos, David Lemieux, Carl Daniels and Matthew Macklin. Most recently, Alcine fought to a draw with Delvin Rodriguez and is looking at the lesser experienced Hatley as a steppingstone. At the same time, Hatley is anxious to insert his name in the big fight super welterweight mix, and needs an impressive showing vs. a tough veteran, to stay on course.

Also scheduled to appear are Roberto Marroquin (23-3-1, 16 KO's), DeAnthony Bonner (8-1, 2 KO's) and many others.

9/4/14 8:13 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Broner is saying Matthysse is next

Could backfire on him imo. Can't imagine Lucas not being motivated for that fight.

9/4/14 9:14 PM
pharochuck
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Quillin is an idiot. Phone Post 3.0
9/4/14 10:17 PM
Chaelismyhero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just when I thought I could not respect Peter Quillin any less...I mean Jesus fucking Christ. The guy is a joke.

Broner-Lucas sounds good. Broner is very hittable and Lucas can fucking crack.
9/5/14 1:40 AM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quillin was going to get paid a lot of money for that fight. Unless he is going to get an even better offer this is a dumb career move.
9/5/14 9:50 AM
Tomato Can
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roman Gonzalez KO9 Akira Yaegashi in Japan today. Huge fight in the flyweight division. Gonzalez should probably be considered for P4P status at this point.
9/5/14 11:11 AM
MarkRobinson
1424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - Roman Gonzalez KO9 Akira Yaegashi in Japan today. Huge fight in the flyweight division. Gonzalez should probably be considered for P4P status at this point.
I was going to go to this fight but ended up being able to make it.

Just finished watching it on tv. Fuckin barn burner.

my wife, shes Japanese, cried for like 10 minutes after it was done. Lol

Roman was a beast but Akira's heart was absolutely impressive. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/14 11:25 AM
Tomato Can
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Estrada/Segura is another huge flyweight fight this weekend. Sadly it's on beIN sports which I don't get. Hopefully the winners fight each other and HBO or Showtime take notice rather than just televising whatever garbage Bob Arum and Al Heymon feel like putting on.
9/5/14 1:23 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rigondeaux and Gonzalez get no love from the networks 

9/5/14 1:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

MarkRobinson - 
Tomato Can - Roman Gonzalez KO9 Akira Yaegashi in Japan today. Huge fight in the flyweight division. Gonzalez should probably be considered for P4P status at this point.
I was going to go to this fight but ended up being able to make it.

Just finished watching it on tv. Fuckin barn burner.

my wife, shes Japanese, cried for like 10 minutes after it was done. Lol

Roman was a beast but Akira's heart was absolutely impressive. Phone Post 3.0

lol good stuff, I know the Kameda brothers are big out there. 

9/5/14 1:49 PM
Tomato Can

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Rigondeaux and Gonzalez get no love from the networks 

With Rigondeaux it's because he fights very boring and safe most of the time. With Gonzalez it's purely due to his size and a lack of big name opponents. The guy is definitely exciting to watch.

My hope is if Gonzalez fights the Estrada/Segura winner, at least THAT fight should get some attention. It would be the biggest flyweight fight in several years.
9/5/14 2:54 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rigondeaux put on a clinic against Donaire, people just don't appreciate pure boxing unfortunately. 

9/5/14 3:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Katsidis Charged With Burglary, Court on 9/30

By Shaun Brown

Boxing has been making headlines for all the wrong recently and now Michael Katsidis will find himself on the front pages rather than the back.

The 34-year-old slugger, known for his memorable battles with Graham Earl, Juan Diaz, Joel Casamayor and Juan Manuel Marquez has been charged with burglary relating to a break-in alleged to have happened on Jul 24.

Brendon Smith, trainer to Katsidis, has parted ways with the Aussie who is due to face England’s Tommy Coyle over 12 rounds at lightweight in Hull on Oct 25.

“I am very disappointed and upset about it,” Smith said.

“We have worked very hard over the last 12 months after rejoining together.”

The case is to be brought in front of Brisbane Magistrates Court on Sept. 30.

A comment from Matchroom Boxing (who promote Coyle) press department said that the fight was still going ahead to their knowledge. Promoter, Eddie Hearn, who is currently visiting his IBF welterweight champion, Kell Brook in Tenerife, after suffering recent knife injuries was unavailable for comment.

Writers note: Promoter Eddie Hearn confirmed, by text, to Boxing Scene that Coyle-Katsidis will still go ahead.

9/5/14 3:04 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

War Frampton tomorrow

9/5/14 3:06 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Arum Expects Cotto To Have Fight Before Canelo Bout

By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank confirmed a recent story on BoxingScene.com, that Manny Pacquiao’s upcoming training camp impacted Miguel Cotto’s decision to postpone his return to the ring from Dec. 13 to an undetermined date early in 2015.

“Freddie [Roach] is going to be in the Philippines [with Pacquiao] and Miguel decided he didn’t want to go to Asia to train,” Arum said following a news conference to promote the Pacquiao-Chris Algieri fight Nov. 22 in Macau, China. “So he’s going to postpone it until the first couple months of next year. Then he’ll have Freddie all to himself.”

Roach, also Cotto’s trainer, said Thursday he and Pacquiao will begin training camp for the Algieri fight next week in the Philippines.

Arum’s Top Rank Inc., with which Cotto (39-4, 32 KOs) is working on a bout-by-bout basis, had reserved Madison Square Garden for Dec. 13 because that was the original date on which the Puerto Rican icon was expected to fight again. The 33-year-old Cotto could come back at 160 pounds, the weight at which he dominated Argentina’s Sergio Martinez (51-3-2, 28 KOs) to win the WBC middleweight title June 7 at Madison Square Garden, or 154 pounds, his most natural fighting weight at this point in his 13-year pro career.

Arum added that he expects Cotto to fight “someone like” Ireland’s Andy Lee (33-2, 23 KOs) in his first fight of 2015, before pursuing a pay-per-view fight against Mexican star Canelo Alvarez (44-1-1, 31 KOs) later in the year.
9/5/14 3:26 PM
Tomato Can

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Rigondeaux put on a clinic against Donaire, people just don't appreciate pure boxing unfortunately. 

I can appreciate the skill it took to do that, but it wasn't exactly scintilliating stuff. I totally zoned out for the last few rounds, to the point where I had to rewind to see the knockdown because I missed it.
9/5/14 4:02 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/14 4:07 PM
Someone should tell Arum that no one wants to see Cotto fight Andy Lee. Then again no one wanted to see Pac fight Algieri either so I doubt that Bob gives a sh*t about the desires of the fans.

I like Rigondeaux. He represents the Cuban school of boxing and it's interesting to see that style matched up against others in the pro ranks. His footwork is amazing.
9/6/14 12:46 AM
Windy City
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing podcast up, please listen

https://soundcloud.com/chicagosportscrunch-radio/1moreroundradioepisode05-boxing-news-broner-mayweatheroxing-and-much-more
9/6/14 11:10 AM
BrckNoHitBk
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who we liking in the Frampton/Kiko rematch?
9/6/14 1:47 PM
Fedoral Crime
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrckNoHitBk - Who we liking in the Frampton/Kiko rematch?
Should be a tougher fight this time around although it wasn't exactly easy for Frampton in the first fight.

I'm rooting for Frampton as I'd prefer to see him against Santa Cruz next but part from that I think he wins a UD. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/14 2:34 PM
KFP49
1094 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys know what happened to Tebow fan? I haven't seen him post in a while and now I see his posts are gone. Must have deleted account or something cuz I can't imagine him getting banned. It's a shame, he was a good dude. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/14 7:20 PM
Tomato Can

Eamonn O'Kane on the Frampton/Martinez undercard is hot garbage. This guy is a highly-rated UK middleweight? Embarrassing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.