UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

1/1/13 6:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/01/13 6:55 PM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61004#ixzz2GlsZz5JM This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Edward Chaykovsky Trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. expects his son, WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr., to face mandatory challenger Robert "The Ghost Guerrero on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. During recent interviews, Floyd Jr. said he was possibly going to work with his father for the May return, because his regular trainer, uncle Roger Mayweather, is having health related issues.

Mayweather Sr. says Guerrero beat up former champion Andre Berto - because Berto made the mistake of trying to fight like Floyd Jr. "I think he'll fight Guerrero next. [Andre] Berto got beat up [by Guerrero] because he didn't know what he was doing. Berto should have fought like he fights, not like how Floyd fights.

He needs to fight his game, not Floyd's," Mayweather Sr. told Brad Cooney of 8countnews.com. He says Floyd will be too smart for Guerrero. "I think Floyd wins. Little Floyd is too smart for him. Anyway you want to look at it, Floyd is too smart for him," Mayweather Sr. said.

There are people who think Floyd is slowing down after a tougher than expected win over Miguel Cotto in May. Mayweather Sr. says his son was sick and nearly withdrew from the contest. "Let me say this, I told people that Cotto was going to give Floyd a good fight. I was told that Floyd didn't feel good that night and actually thought about pulling out of that fight. He fought him anyway, and he proved himself again," Mayweather Sr. said.

1/1/13 7:17 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather/Guerrero will be a lopsided affair. Phone Post
1/2/13 12:26 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Re watching Guerrero/Beto, wow he is trying to fight like Floyd. My God these bus driver uppercuts Phone Post
1/2/13 12:34 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol yea, first thing I thought, he was trying to hard...not his style. Guerrero earned his position, has heart, great story...Floyd will out smart him.

1/2/13 1:09 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So they are doing

Floyd/RG
Canelo/Trout

As one PPV?

Thats a good card and a smart strategy by the promoters. Floyd is gonna sell but you add Canelo and you get even more fans to buy it.

Plus it sets up a Floyd/Canelo fight in Sept if they both win.

Card should do 1.5 mill buys.
1/2/13 1:20 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Damn good card right there if that's the PPV. Phone Post
1/2/13 1:29 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea same card more then likely...just different locations.

1/2/13 2:22 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Oh I see, I think when Canelo fought Cintron they showed it on a Mayweather PPV. Wonder why they're doing different locations Phone Post
1/2/13 2:28 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea it'll likely be one card, different locations=more money, Canelo will sell out where ever he's at, likely LA.

1/2/13 3:03 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

great best of 2012 vid I just ran across 

1/2/13 4:29 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner possibly being on the May 4 PPV too will make it a stacked card.

I know that no one seems very enthused for Robert Guerrero but I think he can give Floyd some problems. The guy is a versatile and smart boxer who can fight from the outside or from the inside.
1/2/13 5:52 PM
God Bless Tim Tebow
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/02/13 5:54 PM
I'm hearing Trout got arrested for being drunk and getting into a fight at a bar. Any truth to this?
1/2/13 6:29 PM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
God Bless Tim Tebow - I'm hearing Trout got arrested for being drunk and getting into a fight at a bar. Any truth to this?
Local news out there is reporting it. Seems like he and his buddies got drunk and wrecked a diner Phone Post
1/2/13 6:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea just read it, what an idiot, hopefully this doesn't ruin the potential fight.

1/2/13 7:01 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Martinez says only way the rematch happens, if JCC agrees to a random drug test.

1/2/13 7:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Donaire will ask Rigondeaux to submit to random testing, if/when they fight.

1/2/13 7:04 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am from the netherlands so watching a lot of decent boxing is somewhat of a challenge. Any tips on where i might be able to find a nice stream/ torrent. I do not mind paying for PVV but even the bigger events ( like Manny vs Marquez) are impossible to get ( topteam only stream the PVV for people in the States).

Any tips would be much appreciated. Phone Post
1/2/13 7:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

@ChrisMannixSI Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer tells SI that @NoDoubtTrout is "being considered" for Canelo but "at this point, don't think it will happen"
1/2/13 7:07 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks for the vid, Gay

1/2/13 8:39 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Martinez says only way the rematch happens, if JCC agrees to a random drug test.

God i hope that fight doesnt happen, seems inevitable though
1/2/13 9:22 PM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are better than fightnews or maxboxing. Lot of good matchups coming!
1/2/13 9:23 PM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP -

If I'm Martinez I wouldn't trip. Chavez jr is so smug that he most likely will train the same way and keep smoking the weeds and think he can turn it on at any moment. I bet that 12th round gave him false confidence that he almost won instead of coming to grips with the fact he was completely out classed for 90% of the fight Phone Post
1/3/13 1:03 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks TBI

no doubt Pharo, he wants to do things his own way, don't know how that'll go with either Nacho or Garcia if they pick him up.

1/3/13 6:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Top 5 Break through fighters of 2012

1/3/13 6:59 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marking my spot on the thread, created this acct a few months ago after seeing the thread build up and have to complement alot of good info and conversation passed on here, Props BarryBonds and all the video contributors, links, etc. Good way to catch up on alot of today's fighters.

To echo Barry and Pharo, agreed on jr. Watching the 'spontaneous' training sessions of 24/7 was rough. Telling Martinez he's too old and finished to the camera at what looked like a decent party. I'm sure Nacho might just pass on that one, you never know what a friendly word from chavez sr. might get him though..just a thought.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.