UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

1/3/13 10:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

glad you decided to join Subbed.

1/4/13 1:47 PM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Barry. Any other match ups out there other than the return of Friday Night Fights tonight?

Just grabbed tickets to Campillo v Kovalev, and Rodriguez v Tahdooahnippah at Mohegan right after Christmas. Being a CT/MA New Englander has its benefits (being at Ortiz v Berto was awesome). Not sure how framiliar anyone is with Demetrius Andrade but seeing him fight from foxwoods a couple times have me looking forward to his debut on showtime soon. Chip Perez is a great fan friendly lightweight as well. Female boxer Adelita Irizarry is a friend and veteran pro from what I hear her bout is awaiting approval from commission. If any UG mobsters will be present feel free to find me in my usual section 15-16 area.
1/4/13 1:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea Andrade has some talent, and nothing else going on this weekend...it's going to start picking up by next weekend though.

Tahdo needs to step up, and stop fighting around his reservations lol.

1/4/13 2:10 PM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True, I always mean no disrespect as Andrade is a local guy, but I feel the same with him given his extensive amateur background. The Cisneros fight, Cisneros I kid you not didn't move his head, feet, or blink in that first round when Demetri opened up and I remember saying something along the lines of "when he angles out and sits down on one this isn't going to end well", 2 minutes later he was on a stretcher and I felt a bit had haha.
1/4/13 2:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol not surprising, if these promoters can build up fighters (Canelo) with out a challenge and still bring in a strong fan base, they'll do so....

1/4/13 2:26 PM
SubbedZER0

well said, I swear the De La Hoya/Canelo Alvarez relationship started with a forehead blessing from De La Hoya followed by "cinnamon, you will be my champion, when I believe Manny and Floyd are turning in...we will strike, sorry Sugar Shane....one for the team?"
1/4/13 2:34 PM
Ram Rod
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
1/4/13 2:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

dumb dumb Schaefer said the other day Trout is being considered, but doesn't see it happening...smh.

1/4/13 4:55 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry gotta ask and apologies if it's been asked in the thread. How did you feel about the Khan/Garcia stoppage (I felt Khan was more hurt upon the first knockdown and was getting his legs but at WAY too slow of a rate). Believed that fight was reaching a 2nd Khan v Maidana at that point and certainly don't argue to the stop but wouldn't have minded seeing that fight continue (understand this may be subject to debate lol).

Call me a bit short minded but the winner of Garcia/Judah, I wouldn't mind either taking their 2nd shot with Khan afterword. As far as Trout/Alvarez goes, I was looking forward to Alvarez/Ortiz before the boxing game and Lopez rucked that up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fighting Cotto before Trout, even with the given loss.
1/4/13 6:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I had no issues with the stoppage, Khan was out of it, and if it did continue I wouldn't have mind either lol.

I expect Garcia to handle Judah, it'll be tough early on, per usual of all Judah fights. But I think that left hook catches him some point in the fight. 

agreed on Cotto/Alvarez happening before Trout, Schaefer was pretty pissed when Trout beat Cotto.

140 is stacked and Khan said he'll be staying put for a while.

1/4/13 7:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Holt-Peterson set for 2/22 on FNF, solid fight for FNF.

1/4/13 7:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Adonis Stevenson vs Carl Froch is in the works for the Spring.

1/4/13 7:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Juanma returns on 2/2 against Brazilian Aldimar Silva Santos.

1/4/13 7:42 PM
SubbedZER0

Exactly why I followed right there, got a bit tired of looking for new and/or upcoming match-ups with all the extras of the boxing web pages out there. Holt-Peterson way solid for FNF, liked it when Glen Johnson was on late in the year last year as well. I would go with Peterson over Holt, Holt held up well with Garcia but depending on where Peterson is at i'll take him off the top of my head.

Not Framiliar enough with Stevenson's fights to give a real call for him and Froch, with no research the ignorance in me wants to say Froch.....and who isn't looking forward to the return of Marquez after. what. just. happened. incredible. (my reaction to pacquiao napping in front of Mitt Romney, and the famous 'i'll catch you Manny!' commission guy at ringside)
1/4/13 10:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I favor Peterson as well, but I'm curious to see how he performs after this PED issue...Kendall has that fight changing power though.

This would be Stevenson's biggest step up, I see Froch stopping him though.

and TR is eyeing a 5th Pac/JMM fight.

1/4/13 10:42 PM
Brady Spawn Killed My Texans
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is Gonzalez a legit prospect? I know it's only been 2 rounds but I'm not impressed Phone Post
1/4/13 10:48 PM
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looked good in round 3 I can still see Ennis landing a big counter to steal rounds Phone Post
1/4/13 10:55 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

he's had a pretty good amateur background.

1/4/13 11:46 PM
SubbedZER0

With Brady on this,

Gonzalez seemed to be moving ok, but straight forward with his head online often while punching. Would've liked Ennis to sharpen the timing, but he also weighed in 7lb over for fight. Enjoying the main right now quite a bit though.....
1/4/13 11:51 PM

Usmanee has turned it around that first round was rough but he has adjusters well Phone Post
1/4/13 11:55 PM
SubbedZER0

Absolutely, like Atlas says he's really forgotten the jab and those replays showed just how effective they were. Usmanee making a really good fight out of this, don't mind the showmanship on the other end either as long as it doesn't get too crazy.
1/4/13 11:56 PM

Barthelemy seems to have mentally checked out Phone Post
1/4/13 11:58 PM
SubbedZER0

Have to ask where Barthelemy's corner is here? Outside of the big shot you're right, no thought process really. Would LOVE a late KO here from Usmanee
1/5/13 12:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Cubans seem to have a hard time adjusting to the Pro styles...Only one I can think of that's been world class over the years is Casamayor...we'll see what happens with Gamboa and Rigondeaux.

1/5/13 12:13 AM
SubbedZER0

Anybody else wish Usmanee would hit that body a bit more? Would like to see him go a bit higher on the ribs with a couple counters, crazy how Barthelemy goes back to the boxing for just a minute then deviates after he had abit of control. Great beginning of the end of a hard fought fight so to speak.

Love a good Rigondeaux fight (aggressive opponent creates great counters a defense for him), suspect chin though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.