UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

1/12/13 12:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, always need one outragious card.

1/12/13 12:59 AM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andrade v Hernandez the night before Matthysse as well, thats going to be a solid weekend, im shut down on fights until strikeforce tomorrow night, be easy Barry

1/12/13 1:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you too bro, GO NINERS!!!!

1/12/13 1:31 AM
Dirk Bevlin
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody check out John Molina Jr. vs Dannie Williams? Ended with a nice finish. Phone Post
1/12/13 5:04 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirk Bevlin -  Anybody check out John Molina Jr. vs Dannie Williams? Ended with a nice finish. Phone Post

Dirk, liked the fight. Got my first good look at Molina Jr really. Liked him hiding the right hand and then tearing off with it. When he nailed Dannie early a couple times you could tell that right hand was going to be a really dangerous factor. Didn't help Dannie hitting his face/chin on the canvas after being floored, looked like that really damaged him too.

1/12/13 7:27 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Molina responded well from his title loss Phone Post
1/13/13 8:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 01/13/13 8:42 PM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61363#ixzz2HuSdxLTk This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luke Furman On Saturday night in the vicinity of Lake Placid in New York, two division world champion Tomasz Adamek (48-2, 29 KOs) was involved in three car accident which totaled his 2010 Inifiniti. According to the local police, Adamek was arrested on Saturday night for allegedly driving while intoxicated and later released on $1000 dollar bail.

Adamek, 36, was charged with driving while intoxicated and failure to stay in his lane. According to the police report, Adamek failed to stay in his lane when turning and crashed into an unoccupied parked vehicle. The force of the impact caused the parked vehicle to jump forward into another parked vehicle. Police Sgt. Chuck Dobson told The Enterprise that responding officers suspected that Adamek was under the influence of alcohol. Adamek refused to take a chemical test to determine his blood alcohol content, police said.

1/14/13 5:13 PM
SubbedZER0

and it begins, amped for this weekend. UFC from Brazil and I get to flip that and Golovkin, Campillo, and Ayala.

I also can't believe Castillo signed for that co-main on FNF, he might be up there but i'm always down to see JL again.

1/14/13 8:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

1/14/13 8:40 PM
SubbedZER0

Loved the Augustus fight (Burton) - The KO Nation broadcast of it courtesy of ibhof youtube.

Chico and many others were great fights as well. Don't know what to call ortiz lol

1/15/13 1:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 01/15/13 1:02 AM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61396#ixzz2I1NRX36L This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rene Umanzor

According to trainer/manager Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain, a rich prince in Dubai has put together a written offer of $15 million dollars to see Juan Manuel Marquez face the junior welterweight champion of the World Boxing Federation (WBF), Zolani Marali (22-5, 13 KO's) of South Africa. Marquez is being lined up to return in the month on April, in a tuneup for a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao in September.

Nacho says despite the big offer for a fight in Dubai, promoters Bob Arum of Top Rank and Fernando Beltran of Zanfer are at the head of the line to stage Marquez's next fight. "At a function in Morelia, the president of the WBF (Howard Goldberg), an association that works more in Europe and Africa, was told me to tell me that a prince was interested in Juan and sent a written proposal to face Zolani Marali," Nacho said.

"It has a formal offer of $15 million to fight in Dubai, but Bob Arum and Fernando Beltran have priority." The proposal has a date in March, which Nacho says is not possible because Marquez has not been training. Even a date in April would be tough, says Nacho, but at least that is possible given the circumstances. "I think that is not enough time for Juan to fight, because he is usually prepared very well and he knows he can not go into a fight with little preparationt, so I do not think that anything will happen on that date," he said.

1/15/13 3:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mosley vs Malignaggi is on lol Shane is 0-3-1 in his last 4 fights. 3rd title fight in a row after losing his last 2.
1/15/13 4:19 PM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 01/15/13 4:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP - Mosley vs Malignaggi is on lol Shane is 0-3-1 in his last 4 fights. 3rd title fight in a row after losing his last 2.

Mosley still goin, Hopkins still goin, well......time for De La Hoya v Hitman Hatton

1/15/13 11:53 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 01/15/13 11:53 PM

Solid Card if it happens

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61393#ixzz2I6wwi1LO This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ryan Burton

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a fight between J'Leon Love (14-0) and former champion Bronco McKart (54-10) has nearly been finalized. The fight will take place on February 23rd and will be televised by Showtime from the Masonic Temnple in Detroit, MI.

Devon Alexander defends his IBF welterweight title against Kell Brook in the main event and Detroit native Cornelius "K9" Bundrage will put his IBF junior middleweight title at stake against Ishe Smith in the co-main event. Love versus McKart will be an interesting battle of youth versus experience and also is a local rivalry. Love hails from Detroit and McKart from nearby which Monroe which should provide a big boost to the gate.

1/15/13 11:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Froch-Kessler II on for the Spring.

1/16/13 12:07 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 01/16/13 12:07 AM

lol Steve Collins came out of retirment, looks like he's fighting RJJ, if he can get medically cleared.

1/16/13 12:12 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 01/16/13 12:12 AM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61405#ixzz2I71gx6Gj This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ernesto Castellanos,

notifight.com Veteran trainer Igancio "Nacho" Beristain is in dark about the future intentions of former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs). As previously reported, Chavez Jr. contacted Nacho a month ago to discuss the possibility of working together. The two of them were unable to agree on the money, with Chavez offering an amount that Nacho felt was too low.

In his last fight, Chavez lost a twelve round decision to Sergio Martinez in September. It was later revealed that Chavez tested positive for marijuana. Nacho is confident that he can change Chavez around, but he wants to be paid correctly for his efforts. Chavez never got back to him. "Some time ago, Julio Jr. wanted to come to work with me.

He offered me some money, but it was an amount that I would not accept. I gave him my rate and told him that he would have to put in 100% of hard work and I told him that because I work serious. I told him not to take it as an insult, but if he decides to pay me what I asked - I'll agree to train him. Now I do not know what to think. I can not say anything more if there is no further discussion on this issue," Nacho said. "I can do something with him if given the chance. The thing is, he trained for that [Martinez] fight with pure offense and did not care about defense. I believe that Julio can do a lot, as long as he's not sent in there just to catch punches on his jaw."

1/16/13 1:47 AM
kevinxanthony
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Mosley vs Malignaggi is on lol Shane is 0-3-1 in his last 4 fights. 3rd title fight in a row after losing his last 2.
Such a joke he needs to just let it go Phone Post
1/16/13 2:22 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

poor guy is still probably broke lol.

1/16/13 3:16 AM
pharochuck
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP - 

poor guy is still probably broke lol.

ex wife handled all the finances, new girl is a world class dime, still has fighter's life he's broke
1/16/13 3:23 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yep, Ex took most of it, including all his belts, sad lol

1/16/13 4:51 PM
SubbedZER0

Yeah that whole divorce situation was sad for Mosley. Supposedly from what I read around the net each of their 3 kids gets a belt when they turn 18 (not sure how old they are now). If I was Mosley Jr I would just give it back to my old man for sure.

Barry, any info on Mosley Jr or Brother Nazim's kid? Last I heard they were both light heavy's and not sure if amateur or pro. Also saw Broner was scheduled to scrap on an extended boxing schedule on the net. Any news on this? Did I miss it in the thread?

1/16/13 7:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 01/16/13 7:14 PM

Mosley's son sucks, and Naazim's kids were in a serious card wreck summer time of 2011.

Broner has a gimmie with Gavin Rees, same card as Banks-Mitchell II, Feb 16th.

1/16/13 10:03 PM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 01/16/13 10:04 PM

http://articles.philly.com/2011-06-09/sports/29638745_1_rock-and-tiger-allen-naazim-richardson-amateur-boxers

^^^

Article for the Richardson twins accident. Looks like Rock Allen was going pretty solid but was inactive as of late. In the article Bernard Hopkins calls Rock Allen Richardson 'the most decorated amateur fighter to come from Phili since Meldrick Taylor'.

1/17/13 4:38 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Arum claims Donaire vs Rigondeaux will happen on 4/27.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.