UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

1/23/13 10:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
othree
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't been keeping up with this thread/boxing as well I should have recently, what fights if any are coming up this/next weekend?

1/23/13 10:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
897 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jan. 25 At Verona, N.Y. (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes): Sergiy Dzinziruk vs. Brian Vera, 12 rounds At Huntington, N.Y. (Showtime): Demetrius Andrade vs. Freddy Hernandez, 10 rounds, junior middleweights Jan. 26 At Las Vegas (Showtime): Lucas Matthysse vs. Michael Dallas Jr., 12 rounds, for Matthysse's WBC interim junior welterweight title; Selcuk Aydin vs. Jesus Soto Karass, 10 rounds, welterweights;
1/23/13 10:53 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry, Baylon has incredible speed/technique for his age. I know grown men who can't put touches on the speed bag like that lol. 

and big thanks for the extended schedules fellas. Andrade, Matthysse and Soto Karass this weekend,some mid week Mundine...IN!

1/23/13 11:54 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
897 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol it does Paul, it does.

Sub, he is a beast, his older sister is as well.

1/24/13 11:38 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A look at a couple Andrade fights before tomorrow nights contests and a pretty solid weekend.

1st is Angel Hernandez rd 2 KO

2nd is Rudy Cisneros rd 1 KO (Fight we talked about Barry/Stretcher KO because he was still dizzy forever after walking into a punch)

1/25/13 5:14 PM
SubbedZER0

World Boxing Association ordered Malignaggi to fight Diego Chavez. Talks supposedly halted with Mosley  because Malignaggi feels money isn't right. 

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/01/mosley-malignaggi-seems-to-be-afraid-to-fight-me/

1/25/13 5:17 PM
SubbedZER0

Danny Garcia's father Angel and Zab Judah get heated at pre fight presser. Angel Garcia steps up with some brutal honesty on Zab, and the usual pushing match with everyone but the people who are actually going to fight yelling at eachother ensues lol.

Note - funniest part of the video is Angel Garcia telling Zab Judah to take his 'Janet Jackson' hat off lol

1/25/13 8:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

my boy Frankie, his fighter Abner and Nonito going at it over a contract on twitter lol.

1/25/13 8:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo agreed to face (possibly Trout) on Mayweather's undercard, if Floyd fights him in the fall.

1/25/13 8:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 01/25/13 8:22 PM

Bute vs. Bika/Sjekloca on Froch-Kessler PPV, 5/25

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61741#ixzz2J2Yyyiaj This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luke Furman

According to Jean Bedard of InterBox, promoter for Lucian Bute (31-1, 24 KOs), is planning to stage his boxer's next fight on May 25th, either in Quebec, Romania or England. Bedard reached an agreement with promoter Eddie Hearn to stage the fight on the same date as Carl Froch's super middleweight unification against Mikkel Kessler - and then have both fights aired on split-site pay-per-view in order to further build a potential rematch with Bute and Froch [provided they both win].

Froch stopped Bute in five rounds last May, but the Canadian star has a rematch clause. Bute would go up against the winner of Nikola Sjekloca (25-0, 7 KOs) and Sakio Bika (30-5-2, 21 KOs), which takes place on February 16th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. The vacant WBC super middleweight title will be on the line in the Bute vs. Sjekloca/Bika clash in May. Andre Ward has the WBC title, but because of his shoulder injury the sanctioning body made him a champion "in recess" and left the regular title as being vacant.

"Andre Ward has to face the winner [of Sjekloca/Bika] in a maximum of 90 days after the fight, but he won't be available, so Lucian will fight against the winner for the regular title. Revenue sharing should be around 55-45 (for Bika or Sjekloca) instead of 85-15, since they will be meeting for the vacant belt. We agreed with Eddie Hearn that we would produce a big show on pay-per-view with those two fights. It will be show in order to build Bute-Froch," Bedard told QMI Agency.

1/25/13 8:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Steve Kim ?@stevemaxboxing Martinez -Burgos had 520,000 viewers, while Garcia-Salido had 780,000. I never knew Neilsen numbers were so detailed... #boxing 4m Steve Kim ?@stevemaxboxing Looking at the Neilsens, the GGG-Rosado fight was by far the most viewed on last weeks HBO card, with 813,000 viewers... #boxing
1/25/13 9:35 PM
SubbedZER0

Wow Luis v Hernandez was a great opener to the night!

1/25/13 10:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Paul..................................................................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................

................................................................................

.......................I agree.

1/25/13 10:38 PM
SubbedZER0

Kingfanpaul - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Canelo agreed to face (possibly Trout) on Mayweather's undercard, if Floyd fights him in the fall.

Sounds good to me.  Canelo vs Floyd is probably the fight I wanna see the most now, or if we would ever be able to see Floyd vs Sergio. I would still love my boy Manny to fight Floyd, but it will probably never happen and it just doesn't mean the same anymore :-(

Watching both Pacquiao and Mayweather at lighter weights (IE Pacquiao/julero and Mayweather/Augustus), lets me know that fight passed us by IMO. Shame

1/25/13 10:40 PM
SubbedZER0

Prelim bouts for Matthysse v Dallas Jr will be on Sho Extreme

1/25/13 10:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Dzinzurik needs to fight at 54'

1/25/13 10:49 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Dzinzurik needs to fight at 54'

Haven't really got a good gauge on the fight, Andrade starting now lol. I've been flipping back and forth and I see Dzinurik touching him up a bit though

1/25/13 10:54 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

just turned on the Andrade fight.

1/25/13 10:55 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Dzinzurik is getting better in the fight.

1/25/13 11:00 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Andrade is awkward

1/25/13 11:01 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Dzinzurik is getting better in the fight.

@ '54 he looks like he'd be good for Cotto as far as a name goes

1/25/13 11:03 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Andrade is awkward

This is def agreed. His movement seems to make fighters feel like he's off balance and throw punches and he gets good counters off of it.

1/25/13 11:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yes, if Vera is too much for him, he's better off at 154.

1/25/13 11:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Andrade is awkward

This is def agreed. His movement seems to make fighters feel like he's off balance and throw punches and he gets good counters off of it.

don't understand why some guys love leaving their hands down...especially after they throw a jab.

1/25/13 11:09 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 
SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Andrade is awkward

don't understand why some guys love leaving their hands down...especially after they throw a jab.

If I had to take a guess with Andrade he either feels comfortable enough with his range or just bad habit IMO

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.