UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

1/30/13 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What was everyone's thoughts on the kimbo fight? He needs work on defense but for 7 fights in his career he took on a tough opponent Phone Post
1/30/13 1:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

talk about body shots, WOW lol...

all seriousness, he has no chin or cardio...always in a sluggers stance, someone with a good jab will just 1, 2 his @ss all night. He can't box from the outside, he needs to fight in the phone booth.

1/30/13 4:02 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow did I mess up what time I thought the card was lol.

Just got home and caught the replay of the Kimbo fight courtesy of the UG brethren. That being said I would call Kimbo the next Butterbean (king of the 4rdrs), if he had gas for four rounds lol. I don't like him rolling right hands and I'm unprofessional but I think his jab gets way lazy and the only thing I really see moving to higher opponents is a free knockout for anyone with some real technique and decent power. 

Side Note I would like to personally thank whoever jumped in the forum the other day to let me know I was Kimbo nut hugging too hard, holy shit what was I thinking when I said Kimbo v Chisora. Maybe if I wanted Chisora to stop him in less than a round lol. 

Anybody got a replay of the Mundine fight? Heard he didn't box to well, had some elbow issues?

1/30/13 4:05 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I shouldn't fully smash the guy though. I saw step on a good angle for a right hand early in the fight, and his head was moving more than before. His talents def rose from his last fight, but he still has leaps and bounds IMO. 

1/30/13 4:24 PM
SubbedZER0

Also in for Barry hitting 50 thou thread views soon.......realll soon.

1/30/13 4:46 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kimbo's fight 

1/30/13 5:05 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For a guy with bad knees and seven total boxing matches he Is where he should be at also he has no reason to box he is doing it because he loves fighting sure he Is making bank but you know he has to be loaded already either way he has my respect Phone Post
1/30/13 5:39 PM
SubbedZER0

OmgItsTheWams -  For a guy with bad knees and seven total boxing matches he Is where he should be at also he has no reason to box he is doing it because he loves fighting sure he Is making bank but you know he has to be loaded already either way he has my respect Phone Post

Hard not to respect someone who's had their hand in college football, mma, and boxing (with professional success). I didn't mean to come off bashing towards him, but I have to respectfully disagree as far as cardio goes. For 7 professional fights, his cardio needs to be higher. He;s been fighting virtually every 3-5 Months since the start of his boxing career for almost 2 years now, so as far his technique goes, he is right where he should be (with the exception of his defense). That also depends on how much time he's really spent in the gym (I don't know who his coaching staff is). But I evaluated based off the fight I just saw, and thats what I saw. If he is to stay at this level, i'll always watch him. But alot of people want him to step up. Evaluating him on that basis, I apologize but outside of the finish the fight didn't look good to me. Will re-watch later tho

1/30/13 5:56 PM
OmgItsTheWams

Yeah he cardio is shit but the guy has arthritis in his knees so road work Is out of the picture for him but for 7 fights and I'm sure he is a training camp fighter nowadays and not a fulltime fighter so he should stay at this level and sell tickets if he steps up he gets destroyed Phone Post
1/30/13 6:24 PM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 01/30/13 6:26 PM

Wams I wish he just had youth on his side. Seeing a few of his fights, he's made obvious improvement in his technique. Training through the athritis can't be fun for him at all. Being a boxer with leg issues def puts major strain on him all the way down to his stance. I'm a victim of wanting to see a solid Kimbo at a higher level being that he is such a punch first entertaining fighter. I would love to see him at a higher level and as much as I love the UG's silverback gorilla Petruzelli. I was depressed after the KO, I don't think i'm ready yet for another one lol.

1/30/13 11:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so Vanes wanted to fight Lara March 1st or after, and the WBC didn't like that, so they dropped him out of the title Eliminator lol.

1/30/13 11:40 PM
SubbedZER0

Threw that into Google and got some good stuff, I guess they threw him out for Canelo

1/30/13 11:43 PM
SubbedZER0

http://www.boxingnews24.com/

You should scope that page when you get a min. I'm looking through it now and its got a piece i'm going to read on Mayweather and some solid fight updates like Rios Alvarado 2 Signed, etc. Good stuff for anyone who wants to give a look 

1/30/13 11:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

of course, WBC and Saliuman (sp), can't stand them.

1/30/13 11:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

talks of Moreno vs Santa Cruz, that's a fight right there.

1/30/13 11:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Sulaiman: Mares vs Victor Terrazes must go next...

"Mares is becoming an idol and he does not need to fight with Nonito [to become one]. He must go against Victor Terrazas. We have a purse bid planned for this Friday, if the promoters fail to reach an agreement," said Sulaiman.

1/30/13 11:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 01/30/13 11:58 PM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61916#ixzz2JWg90XN7 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Hilmar Rojas

The World Boxing Association has granted special permission to super heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko to make a volunarty defense, likely on April 6th, before his mandatory with "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin.

Permission is granted under the condition of receiving a signed contract for a fight between Klitschko and Povetkin by the deadline of February 28. If a deal is reached, the battle should be set no later than July 31. If they don't reach a deal, then Klitschko vs. Povetkin will head to a purse bid on March 18. The purse bid will see a split of 75% for Klitschko and 25% for Povetkin 25%. In the event Klitschko loses in April, then Povetkin will see an even 50-50 split with the new champion.

1/31/13 12:09 AM
DanielCaton
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been pissed at boxing for years.  I was really excited for Dmitry Pirog when he beat Jacobs.  He's like some Chess Genius who picked up boxing out of boredom.  A Russian tough guy with an American Boxing style, fun to watch.

1/31/13 12:26 AM
SubbedZER0

DanielCaton - 

I've been pissed at boxing for years.  I was really excited for Dmitry Pirog when he beat Jacobs.  He's like some Chess Genius who picked up boxing out of boredom.  A Russian tough guy with an American Boxing style, fun to watch.

Golovkin is rumored to be facing Nobuhiro Ishida and after that pending the W I really hope he gets a crack at Pirog's Title. Would like to see them fight

1/31/13 12:35 AM
SubbedZER0

and now I miss the punisher again

God.......Bless Paul, I would like to see Golovkin v Williams. Bring him back, miracle style

1/31/13 12:40 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

just heard Mares is moving up to 126.

1/31/13 12:44 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Kessler-Froch II, April 27th in London.

1/31/13 3:16 PM
SubbedZER0

Not sure how legitmitate the articles im reading are. 

But claims Mayweather Jr. will announce official opponent on Superbowl Sunday. 

Also Arum to reveal the opponent for Donaire by the end of the week, 

1/31/13 6:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

it's likely Rigondeaux

1/31/13 6:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

the Polish Arreola fights on ESPN tomorrow night...Arthur Szpilka vs Mike Mollo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.