UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/1/13 11:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

2/1/13 11:37 PM
OmgItsTheWams
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude this ref needs to stop cussing Phone Post
2/1/13 11:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hook-jab-straight left...lol at the ref.

2/1/13 11:39 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and the stoppage. That was a weird FNF

2/1/13 11:40 PM
OmgItsTheWams
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant even be excited about the finish because of all the bullshit surrounding this fight Phone Post
2/2/13 1:02 AM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where if anywhere do you gentleman download boxing matches? I find a lot of great ones of YouTube but many are taken down. Do you all use a trading block thread, website, etc? Shoot me a pm if you don't want to put it in the thread. Thanks Phone Post
2/2/13 4:36 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who are we going with tonight all?

FRANKIE or ALDO?!

2/2/13 4:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

tough won, depends on the game plan, I'm leaning with Frankie.

little Robby won the Silver Gloves today.

2/2/13 7:25 PM
OmgItsTheWams

Barry_BondsMVP -

tough won, depends on the game plan, I'm leaning with Frankie.

little Robby won the Silver Gloves today.

What about the girl? Phone Post
2/2/13 7:33 PM
SubbedZER0

Congrats to little Robby, put the thumps on em

2/2/13 9:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

this was only for boys, the girls Golden Gloves is held in FL...we're going to try and send her there.

2/3/13 2:23 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Juanma returned tonight, won via 9th round KO.

2/3/13 2:24 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Andre Dirrell, may face Rowland Bryant in March lol.

2/3/13 2:25 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I can ask, what did you boxing purists think of 156?

2/3/13 2:27 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 02/03/13 2:27 AM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62019#ixzz2Jop2lZhP This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno Keith Kizer, Executive Director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, has advised BoxingScene.com that former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will appear at a hearing on February 28th. Last week, Campbell & Williams, a Las Vegas based law firm representing the interests of Chavez Jr., issued an answer a response to the complaint from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

The NSAC filed a complaint against Chavez after the boxer tested positive for marijuana in the aftermath of his twelve round decision loss to Sergio Martinez on September 15th, 2012. The attorneys for Chavez have requested a suspension of six months and a maximum fine of $10,000. Chavez, who is set to appear before the NSAC on a February hearing date, will not get off that lightly.

The requests by Chavez's attorneys would have been considered if the circumstances were different, but this is his second testing violation in the state. Back in November 2010, Chavez testing positive for a diuretic following a unanimous decision win over Troy Rowland. The NSAC suspended Chavez for seven months and fined him $10,000.

Sources familiar with the situation expect Chavez to receive at least a nine month suspension period, and certainly a bigger fine than $10,000. Last year, UFC welterweight Nick Diaz was cracked hard over his positive marijuana violation. Diaz, a repeat offender in the state, was hit with a one year suspension and forked over a $60,000 fine. Chavez's suspension would run from the date of his fight with Martinez. If the NSAC hits him with at least nine months, Chavez will be capable of fighting again by June 15th.

2/3/13 2:29 AM
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at Chavez getting only a 10k fine.

Mind you that's his first time getting busted

2/3/13 2:32 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I thought it was pretty good.

Creepy-Benavidez wasn't bad at all...C+

Fitch-Maia..C-

Overeem-Big Foot..A

Hashad-Lil Nig...D-

Aldo-Edgar..A+

2/3/13 2:35 AM

Edited: 02/03/13 2:35 AM

I think the biggest improvement in Aldo's game was that he shored up his boxing technique significantly.

His jab was on point, and he kept Frankie on the end of it for much of the first 3 rounds.

2/3/13 2:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea, the jab was real nice...his distance was outstanding..he would step back out of range whenever Frankie rushed in, and just counter with the right hand. Worked for the first three rounds, eventually Edgar mixed it up, and Aldo started slowing down.

but the step back counter was a thing of beauty tonight.

2/3/13 2:53 AM
I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

JCC tested positive before. Not sure what it was tho Phone Post
2/3/13 2:53 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Diruetics.

2/3/13 3:22 AM

I've been on both sides of a Glory Hole - 
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh -

JCC tested positive before. Not sure what it was tho Phone Post

I just know that the Diaz suspension was particularly harsh because it was his 2nd time and he lied under oath

2/3/13 12:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Undefeated WBO welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley 29-0, 12 KOs), of Palm Springs, Calif., will defend his strap against the aggressive, entertaining contender Ruslan Provodnikov (22-1, 15 KOs), of Russia, on Saturday, March 16, at the Home Depot Center televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing. It marks Bradley's first fight since last summer, when he controversially defeated Manny Pacquiao. In the televised co-feature, 23-year-old Las Vegas welterweight prospect Jessie Vargas (21-0, 9 KOs) will meet Wale "Lucky Boy" Omotoso (23-0, 19 KOs), 27, of Nigeria, in a scheduled 10-rounder. Former two-time Méxican Olympian Óscar Valez (2-0, 2 KOs) will also appear on the undercard of the event, fighting in a six-round featherweight bout.
2/3/13 2:42 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

yea, the jab was real nice...his distance was outstanding..he would step back out of range whenever Frankie rushed in, and just counter with the right hand. Worked for the first three rounds, eventually Edgar mixed it up, and Aldo started slowing down.

but the step back counter was a thing of beauty tonight.

It was, watching those two catch their angles on one-another (aldo mostly) was beauty.

BUT Really suprised to see no talk of Rashad v Nogeuira here with the Southpaw trouble he gave him.

I'm a no doubt Evans fan, but damn Rashad I took a look at his record after the loss last night and His last Southy is Lyoto (KO). Not checking on his opponents before TUF, those may be the only Left handed power fighters he's ever faced in his career.  He let Nogeuira put that foot to the outside and fire in the straight left to the point where I thought Rashad was letting him have it to play a speed game with him. Trading the straight left for a looping right? You need position. I love Rashad, but I don't know about some of those mistakes. It has to be strategy I don't understand being that it looked that sloppy to me. Sorry to bash.

2/4/13 3:07 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Heartbreaking for those 9ers Barry. I was pumped for the comeback and saw that shit coming right after the blackout!

Note that I lost my sn bet with fitch/maia and my sn is now changed as well. It will be 29 days before I return to SubbedZER0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.