UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

1/30/13 1:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do the young brother/sister from your gym have some amateur plans? Wouldn't mind seeing him scrap, one of my nephews just began wrestling and the other wants to compete his first BJJ tourney this summer. Gonna try to get some of his rampage slams to the UG. I fucking dread the day they turn 18, they've already learned to much at the gym and back home with their father and I and god isn't supposed to make 5th graders with grown bodies. I'm a 72.5 inch reach and they check in at 57 and 65., 11 and 12 years old. I'm getting knocked out on their 18th, and apparently again the following year a month later..........

1/30/13 1:29 AM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

how about the body snatcher.

Loved McCallum, 

Fights with toney (even tho i think its one of toneys best there) and jones jr were the first I saw of him really and kinda when backwards to Glen Thomas and such from there

1/30/13 1:36 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are you talking about little Robby?

1/30/13 1:40 AM
SubbedZER0

Yes sir, does he have ammy plans for the future?

1/30/13 1:51 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's #1 in CA at 55 pounds, he leaves tomorrow for the Nationals Silver Gloves in Independence, MO.

his sister has two belts, the Golden Gloves for her is in FL...might be to expensive for her though, they both wrestle, but more into Boxing.

1/30/13 1:55 AM
edock02
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Kimbo Slice is fighting on undercard tonights Mundine vs Geale.
Haha hope Choc gets ko'd !!
1/30/13 1:58 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol yea, Bimbo is fighting.

1/30/13 1:59 AM
SubbedZER0

edock02 - 
I think Kimbo Slice is fighting on undercard tonights Mundine vs Geale.
Haha hope Choc gets ko'd !!

Thank you for this find! Had no idea except for the main event tomorrow night.

Fight Card for MAIN EVENT Broadcast -

IBF Middleweight World Title - Anthony Mundine v Daniel Geale - 12 rounds
Shane Tilyard v Kimbo Slice - 4 rounds
David Aloua v Daniel Amman - 10 rounds
Joksan Hernandez v Joel Brunker - 8 rounds
Zac Awad v Jamie Pittman - 8 rounds

1/30/13 2:08 AM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

he's #1 in CA at 55 pounds, he leaves tomorrow for the Nationals Silver Gloves in Independence, MO.

his sister has two belts, the Golden Gloves for her is in FL...might be to expensive for her though, they both wrestle, but more into Boxing.

Thats awesome for them both. I'm a newbie to anything outside of technique and training, and pro fight knowledge. As far as ammy goes and tourney's im just getting into what's local in New England due to watching more and more guys through the gym. Who's had a good ammy career that's pro...and who looks good now, etc. So i'm not to conversational on the Tourney scene. I remember you telling me he was wrestling as well....future MMA, get on that DFW. 

1/30/13 2:13 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea I'm paying more attention to the amateur scene as well..especially with these young kids, it's amazing to see all the talent, because of these MMA Gyms, I'm 28...Gyms like Koscheck's where I'm at, wasn't available for me growing up.

the problem with Robby is opposite with what most amateurs turning pro deal with...he fights more like a pro, moves around and boxes like he has 12-3 min rounds...these rounds are short and only go 3. So he needs to be more aggressive.

and lol at your nephews, that's awesome though, keep them going.

1/30/13 2:31 AM
SubbedZER0

I'm sure he will have no problem with that, he's got great hand speed and really turns everything over as far as his body goes. Those two talents alone are a recipe for 3rd offense. The way he looked in the video he's certainly capable of keeping a hard pace for those 3rds. Some faints, steps back, angles, curtains for kids. 

I'm 26 and got started through De Leon's a borderline garage gym in CT which really had alot of equipment for a place with a TOTALLY Macgyver maize that would KILL if you fucked up. Wrecked my body with 20 years of hockey and couldn't do the team thing anymore really. Rehabbin when I can on my left shoulder (expensive) cause like a tard I turned over an off balance hook and caught a tear in the labrum. Not sure if I could do a big gym with dif sports just yet. I've seen my nephews practices lol, am witnessing a meet this weekened, I do NOT need to be getting my dumb ass pulled on and stretched out lol.

The nephews are 'The monster of the midway' and 'The Devastator', and i'm pretty sure I couldn't stop them if I tried lol. 

1/30/13 3:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol that's great, I'm interested to see their development..if you get some footage of their Wrestling/BJJ Tourneys some time you should post it on here.

yea, once Robby starts developing physically, and gets power, he'll be scary.

1/30/13 3:03 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Robby's sister working the mitts last year.

1/30/13 3:09 AM
SubbedZER0

She's def a killer

and i'll def try to get some good Droid footage of his next wrestling meet I get to, the other is torn between football and BJJ. I def don't push him towards either, want it to be his passion. But i'd be lying if I didn't say I wanted him to tear off an armbar for the UG!

Until Mundine if you around man..

1/30/13 3:22 AM
buddie
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o7GXOdZeKos#!
1/30/13 3:47 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

she's learning from the best...(on the TV) 

I wont be waiting until 3am for that fight Sub lol....

1/30/13 12:43 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What was everyone's thoughts on the kimbo fight? He needs work on defense but for 7 fights in his career he took on a tough opponent Phone Post
1/30/13 1:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

talk about body shots, WOW lol...

all seriousness, he has no chin or cardio...always in a sluggers stance, someone with a good jab will just 1, 2 his @ss all night. He can't box from the outside, he needs to fight in the phone booth.

1/30/13 4:02 PM
SubbedZER0

Wow did I mess up what time I thought the card was lol.

Just got home and caught the replay of the Kimbo fight courtesy of the UG brethren. That being said I would call Kimbo the next Butterbean (king of the 4rdrs), if he had gas for four rounds lol. I don't like him rolling right hands and I'm unprofessional but I think his jab gets way lazy and the only thing I really see moving to higher opponents is a free knockout for anyone with some real technique and decent power. 

Side Note I would like to personally thank whoever jumped in the forum the other day to let me know I was Kimbo nut hugging too hard, holy shit what was I thinking when I said Kimbo v Chisora. Maybe if I wanted Chisora to stop him in less than a round lol. 

Anybody got a replay of the Mundine fight? Heard he didn't box to well, had some elbow issues?

1/30/13 4:05 PM
SubbedZER0

I shouldn't fully smash the guy though. I saw step on a good angle for a right hand early in the fight, and his head was moving more than before. His talents def rose from his last fight, but he still has leaps and bounds IMO. 

1/30/13 4:24 PM
SubbedZER0

Also in for Barry hitting 50 thou thread views soon.......realll soon.

1/30/13 4:46 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kimbo's fight 

1/30/13 5:05 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For a guy with bad knees and seven total boxing matches he Is where he should be at also he has no reason to box he is doing it because he loves fighting sure he Is making bank but you know he has to be loaded already either way he has my respect Phone Post
1/30/13 5:39 PM
SubbedZER0

OmgItsTheWams -  For a guy with bad knees and seven total boxing matches he Is where he should be at also he has no reason to box he is doing it because he loves fighting sure he Is making bank but you know he has to be loaded already either way he has my respect Phone Post

Hard not to respect someone who's had their hand in college football, mma, and boxing (with professional success). I didn't mean to come off bashing towards him, but I have to respectfully disagree as far as cardio goes. For 7 professional fights, his cardio needs to be higher. He;s been fighting virtually every 3-5 Months since the start of his boxing career for almost 2 years now, so as far his technique goes, he is right where he should be (with the exception of his defense). That also depends on how much time he's really spent in the gym (I don't know who his coaching staff is). But I evaluated based off the fight I just saw, and thats what I saw. If he is to stay at this level, i'll always watch him. But alot of people want him to step up. Evaluating him on that basis, I apologize but outside of the finish the fight didn't look good to me. Will re-watch later tho

1/30/13 5:56 PM
OmgItsTheWams

Yeah he cardio is shit but the guy has arthritis in his knees so road work Is out of the picture for him but for 7 fights and I'm sure he is a training camp fighter nowadays and not a fulltime fighter so he should stay at this level and sell tickets if he steps up he gets destroyed Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.