UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/6/13 1:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pharochuck
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
mayweather-alexander has no appeal to me. i like jennings vs wlad. i think jennings will give it a better go than haye did.
2/6/13 1:13 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Canelo is on the undercard, and possibly Broner on May 4th...Devon is a younger Zab imo.

can't blame JMM for not wanting another fight, I think he proved enough with that KO, can't get sweeter then that.

yea, loser leaves town, Khan/Ortiz? lol

Ortiz v Khan to the death??

2/6/13 1:15 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kumite rules for sure.

I think Devon would be a better fight then Guerrero imo.
2/6/13 1:32 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Kumite rules for sure.

I think Devon would be a better fight then Guerrero imo.

Shhhhh I want to see a possible KO! off with this Alexander! send him to Maidana

2/6/13 1:35 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/13 1:34 AM
he already decisioned Maidana :)
2/6/13 1:38 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

i know this lol, hence send him back!

2/6/13 1:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

God Bless Tim Tebow - I'm not paying $70 for Mayweather vs. Alexander.

Okay I lied I will, and have a fight party for it. Fuck you Floyd take my money.

hopefully Broner is on the card as well..Canelo should have a good fight too.
2/6/13 1:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Fitchhelpsmesleep - 

i know this lol, hence send him back!

Ward was talking Alexander up on twitter last week, feels he was drained at 40', we'll see.
2/6/13 1:41 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

@boxingscene
I spoke to several people in the know who believe Guerrero is still the frontrunner for Mayweather, not Devon Alexander, but who knows.
2/6/13 1:43 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

A rematch of the split with Matthysse would be nice....

2/6/13 1:44 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea, I'd like to see Lucas move up for that...I think he still has unfinished business at 40' still.
2/6/13 1:48 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Barry_BondsMVP - yea, I'd like to see Lucas move up for that...I think he still has unfinished business at 40' still.

still plenty of matches i'd like to see for Matthysse at 40, but being that Garcia may not accept and they both seem to be open with the injury (not sure if Brook fight is off or just delayed), but its a maybe.

2/6/13 1:50 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

heard Devon is out 8 weeks, so we'll see if Brook wants to wait it out.

Tebow, yea that could be it as well, maybe he's just negotiating.
2/6/13 8:36 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Seeing around the net that Mitchell v Banks rematch is off, somebody (Banks I think) has injured thumb.

2/6/13 10:24 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Business of boxing gives me a headache, I really just watch whats oon HBO and their Spring schedule looks solid.

Any chance Golovkin/Ishida gets shown the day of Rios/Alvarado 2?
2/6/13 10:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm really starting to like Bryant Jennings, he's willing to step up and fight Mitchell.
2/6/13 10:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Peterson Would Like To Continue VADA Testing

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62117#ixzz2KBJg4ntz
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luis Sandoval

Lamont Peterson will make his return to the ring after a 14 month layoff when he takes on Kendall “Rated R” Holt and defends his IBF Junior Welterweight title for the first time. Peterson has not fought since winning his title back in December of 2011 against Amir Khan due to testing positive for synthetic testosterone leading up to their rematch.

It’s been a long road for Peterson who has been fighting to clear his name ever since in the court of public opinion. While Peterson has been cleared by the IBF and has a scheduled fight in his birthplace of Washington D.C. on February 22nd, some still accuse him of cheating.

Peterson was on the most recent edition of BoxingScene’s official radio show The Boxing Lab and was asked despite all the testing controversy that sidelined his career for over a year, if he’d still continue random style drug testing for his upcoming fights.

“I want to continue to drug test. This fight coming up we won't have random drug testing [but] I will go out and get drug testing done mainly for my health to make sure my levels of testosterone are not too low or anything like that. We will probably get private drug testing but in bigger fights where more money is generated, of course we'll go random drug testing. I prefer VADA. So as long as we're making more money, because those drug tests are not cheap, I'll continue to participate” revealed Peterson.

Despite VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) being the agency who reported the positive drug sample for Peterson, he still would like to continue using them for future fights. That speaks volumes considering most would probably try to distance themselves but Peterson is doing the opposite.

2/6/13 10:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather-Alexander Not Likely, Guerrero Still in Play

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62123#ixzz2KBJyBLAU
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

The boxing world is on fire after Floyd Mayweather Jr. announced on his personal Twitter page that he was close to finalizing his May 4th opponent, and named IBF welterweight king Devon Alexander as the frontronner.

"The negotiations for my fight are almost done. The front runner is IBF Champion Devon Alexander. It'd be a unification bout at welterweight," he posted on his official Facebook and Twitter pages.

Speculation exploded - especially considering that one day earlier Alexander revealed that he suffered a right bicep injury and withdrew from a scheduled fight with mandatory challenger Kell Brook. It was the second postponement of the match, which had an orginal date of January 19th and was then booked for February 23rd.

For several weeks it was openly being discussed that Robert Guerrero was the frontrunner to meet Mayweather on the set May date at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Despite Mayweather's Twitter announcement, numerous sources have told BoxingScene.com that Guerrero is still the frontrunner.

Based on the facts, Alexander is not the likely opponent.

1. The IBF rejected the idea of approving Mayweather-Alexander as a unification.

2. The IBF has never received any request to sanction a Mayweather-Alexander fight.

3. Eddie Hearn, who promotes Kell Brook, has a signed contract for the Alexander fight.

4. Alexander's right bicep will require at least three weeks of therapy before he is even capable of training.

5. Kevin Cunningham, Alexander's manager and trainer, told BoxingScene on Monday that a period of at least six weeks would be necessary for Alexander to be 100% healed and healthy - placing his training start to at least some point in March.

6. The May 4th event will be one of the bigggest, if not the biggest, boxing pay-per-view of the year. From a business position, there is nothing that would make me believe that a show of that magnitude would rest on the shoulders of a boxer, Alexander, who just suffered an injury and his team confirms that it will take weeks to properly heal.

7. Cunningham, who wouldn't discuss the Mayweather situation when contacted Wednesday morning, told BoxingScene that Alexander's only focus is to "get his bicep back to 100%."

Contrary to some of the rumors floating around, numerous sources with knowledge of the details have told BoxingScene that there are no financial demands on the part of Guerrero which are stalling the match from being finalized. I've been told the monetary terms on Guerrero's side have never been an issue in making the Mayweather fight.

The truth is, there is no real explanation for Mayweather's social network commentary. There are some theories, but they are best left alone for another day when more facts become available.

2/6/13 10:49 PM
HenryO

Barry_BondsMVP - I'm really starting to like Bryant Jennings, he's willing to step up and fight Mitchell.

Well that would be awesome
Barry_BondsMVP

Lebedev vs. Jones Heads To April, King Wins Purse Bid

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62126#ixzz2KBKM2zjz

By Hilmar Rojas

WBA cruiserweight champion Denis Lebedev (25-1, 19KOs) will defend his belt against champion in recess Guillermo Jones (38-3-2, 30KOs) on an April date in Panama, Miami or Nigeria. Don King won this morning's purse bid at the WBA's offices in Panama, with a near double bang of $712,000 - far exceeding the bid made by Vladimir Hrunov, who put down $357,000.

Lebdev was the interim-champion but the sanctioning body made him the full champion after Jones, then the full champion, continued to postpone their fight. The last time it was scheduled was December 17th. Jones was unable to move forward and he was stripped of the full title, which then went to Lebedev. The WBA kept Jones in the mandatory spot.

Barry_BondsMVP

HenryO - 
Barry_BondsMVP - I'm really starting to like Bryant Jennings, he's willing to step up and fight Mitchell.

yes it would.
2/7/13 12:56 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Barry_BondsMVP - 
HenryO - 

yes it would.

gonna have to research me some Jennings, not framiliar with him outside of the Tupou fight. 

But if he's got Barrys approval and based on the fight i've seen...i'm in for this as well.

2/7/13 12:59 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea he comes to fight, he has the tools to beat Mitchell.
2/7/13 3:22 PM
CompanyBlue

I would rather watch Floyd hit mitts in the gym than have him go with Devon. This fight is so terrible I don't think it can really be legit. Devon and his family would be lucky as hell to land this fight. Much luckier than all the gift decisions he has gotten in his career. I'd feel a little disrespected as a boxing fan if this is Floyd's next fight. It would be his 7th fight in 7 years to the day on Cinco de Mayo and Devon Alexander is all we get?

Guerrero? Knowing his story outside of the ring I wouldn't hate because he seems like a guy deserving of a big payday. Ghost had very good power at 126 pounds. It's just amazing that a win over a 2nd tier fighter like Berto could land him a mega payday but that's boxing. If it doesn't make sense than it does. At least Jesse Vargas isn't being mentioned.
2/7/13 3:30 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Company, 

Saw a couple articles with Jesse being mentioned for Juan Manuel Marquez. I also hope this doesn't land.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.