UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/10/13 6:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fitchhelpsmesleep
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like that KO as well. Going to look for full fight somewhere if I can find it. 

Great angle on the left hook, lined him up for the right

2/10/13 7:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks Sub...it was a good fight.
2/10/13 7:31 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Barry thats how your sparring sesh will go for the other guy!

2/10/13 8:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, what do you mean bro?
2/10/13 8:25 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

i'm telling you, when you get in there for some sparring....eventually with Big Lavar, you're gonna Carl Frampton curtain kids. Its a sign.

2/10/13 8:57 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

hahahahahaha, I rather not end up in a coma lol
2/10/13 9:08 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

omg if he ever stepped through those ropes on me i'd WWE tag somebody and high step right the fuck out of that ring.

2/10/13 9:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol, oh yea...you better swan dive over the ropes lol...some dude came into the gym a few months back, wasn't in great shape, said his record was this and that, fresh out of jail...

so he spars with Lavar, first jab Lavar lands was solid, drops the guy...and he quits lol, haven't seen him since.
2/10/13 9:35 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

I like both fighters, but I really think Lavar takes Duffee out. I'd like to see it, and I think it gets his name out there even more for fans. 

as far as the guy goes bro, not surprised at all. I'd imagine he felt something similar to the blast after a nuclear bomb goes off from neck up and called it a career lol.

2/10/13 9:37 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

BTW, hows his arm doing? I never looked up if he was injured from the Struve fight. I remember him being in some pain after the finish, doing well?

2/10/13 9:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

his arm is better, he said Struve could of really did more damage, but he didn't extend it...so Lavar respects him for that, and Duffee doesn't have the chin for Lavar imo, they've sparred at AKA before I believe.
2/10/13 9:53 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

heyyyy he's back for more bumps :)
2/10/13 9:53 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

WiqedWhite - 
Fitchhelpsmesleep -
WiqedWhite -  How did this thread become so popular? All I read is gibberish Phone Post

I would have to ask in return how your opinion became so popular? All I'm reading right now is trash

Your garbage Phone Post

Please i've dealt with much worse, you aren't trolling me into anything.

Goodbye and thanks again for participation.

2/11/13 12:55 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Pacman requesting that his next fight be in the Phillipines, we'll see how that plays out. Def no tax problems for Manny over there 

2/11/13 1:13 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I wonder if he finally cleared his tax issues in the Philippines.
2/11/13 1:48 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Whats up with his taxes? 

Maybe fight will clear up the issue?

2/11/13 1:55 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ycn-11075870
2/11/13 2:07 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Pacquiao’s Tax Issues Lead to Bigger Questions; Fan’s Perspective
By Paul Magno, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Friday, Mar 9, 2012

Yesterday, it was revealed that Philippine tax officials had filed a criminal complaint against Manny Pacquiao regarding several "discrepancies" in the 8-division champ's 2010 tax return. The nature of these discrepancies and the extent of Pacquiao's tax problems have not been divulged and probably won't be. For all we know, these issues could be mere clerical mistakes and problems easily resolved.However, this particular situation brings up a bigger issue that needs to be addressed by Manny Pacquiao.

Once well-kept, rumors about Pacquiao's financial situation have become public knowledge over the last several months and with so much weight behind these stories, there has to be some truth to the reporting.

Last year, when independent accounting firm, VisionQwest was hired to review all of Manny's financial dealings , they were shocked at what they found.

"A complete overhaul of Manny and MP's (MP Promotions— Manny's Promotional Company) financial records and bookkeeping needed to be implemented because there were no records other than six boxes of receipts, hand written notes, and e-mails which were not kept in any order with no designations," VisonQwest stated in a press release. "Manny and MP did not have any important documents in their possession like bout contracts, bank statements, bout proceed distributions, endorsement contracts, promoter contracts, co-promoter contracts, property ownership records and many other important documents…"

A little later in the same press release, it was revealed that Pacquiao was unable to pay the accounting firm for their services upfront due to "a lack of funds" and that the fighter would issue payment to them after he got his advance for 2011's Juan Manuel Marquez fight. VisionQwest even loaned Manny Pacquiao money in order to help buy a house for advisor, Michael Koncz. According to the accounting firm, Pacquiao promoter, Bob Arum, became increasingly uncooperative in forwarding crucial revenue documents and flew into a rage when the company took it upon themselves to search for the necessary documents at the offices of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Shortly thereafter, VisionQwest was fired by Pacquiao and his management team.

Back in July of last year, this writer posted an article on another website, using official documents from the House of Representatives in the Philippines as its main source, that quoted Manny's net worth as a shockingly low $26 million USD (prior to last May's Shane Mosley bout).

Manny laughed off the report, but the truth of the matter, if these reports from independent sources are to be believed, is that the Filipino legend has a very loose grasp on what he has and the money he has made.

According to VisionQwest, Manny was "distraught" when he saw their initial findings, but urged that no legal action be taken until he could get his pay for the Marquez fight because, presumably, he was in need of the money. Somehow, Pacquiao was convinced to fire VisionQwest, the one group that seemed to have his best interest at heart, and he decided to continue with the same crew that had made his finances a mess in the first place.Now, these latest tax issues have sprung up.

Pacquiao will likely work his way out of this legal situation back home, but the fact remains that something's not right with the financial situation of Manny Pacquiao. Boxers who risk their lives for their glory deserve to have their fortunes intact. Hopefully, Manny can fix things and not become yet another fighter with a sad story to tell after an illustrious career.

Paul Magno was a licensed official in the state of Michoacan, Mexico and a close follower of the sport for more than thirty years. He is also a contributor to Fox Sports. In the past, Paul has done work for Inside Fights, The Queensberry Rules and Eastside Boxing.

Sources:

Yahoo, Tax case filed against boxing champ Manny Pacquiao

8Countnews, VISIONQWEST FIRES BACK! VQ Press Release on Pacquiao, Koncz, and Top Rank

Boxingscene, VisionQwest Head Responds to Team Pacquiao Jab, Michael Marley

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.
2/11/13 2:11 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

The boxers life right there. I would hate to see Manny retire to be in trouble like the many before.

Also i'm glad Lavar's arm is a-ok. Looking forward to seeing him again v Schaub. I'm kinda upset to say that I bet against HD being that I'm a big fan of his too, but Lavar won me some big money with that stoppage. I could never hate the guy lol.

2/11/13 2:15 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol good choice, not to many guys can take punches from Lavar...and he's a real cool dude too.

yea, I feel for Manny, too many leaches though...he's too nice. Roach predicted this a few years back.
2/11/13 2:24 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Edited: 02/11/13 2:26 AM

Its a personal opinion for sure, but I wish Roach's top fighters would've listened to him a bit more come fight day. Everyone's always in great shape from Ariza's work and now the new guy from Phillipines for Strength/conditioning and Manny's speed mitt work. Linares' chin is a problem, but he spot on listens to Roach and shines technically. Khan and Pacquiao can be sucked out with action IMO, and end up set up or in the way for some punches. Khan basically left Roach to slow it down with Virgil, and over the time he was spending with Manny and Jorge. Slowing up his style and boxing was basically what roach was asking of him, makes me feel like the time spent with Linares is there because of the rifts in the bigger camps.

BTW did Rebook drop Khan?

2/11/13 2:32 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

not sure if Rebook dropped Khan, but the problem with Roach...he doesn't teach defense.

I had my suspicions with Ariza, odd that JCCjr, Pacquiao and Khan have all complained of leg cramps during fights.
2/11/13 2:43 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

This is true, way more Speed, Combinations, and whatever movement applys to boxer's skillset (I believe he taught Pacquiao no pivoting or stepping in a certain way I forgot what it was exactly)

That is odd on those three fighters with the exception of Pacquiao and his disproportionate lower body. His calves don't match anything on him lol. Don't want to make a call one way or the other on Ariza but from what I hear his condition programs for fighters are pretty intense. 

2/11/13 2:45 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea he has tough conditioning programs, he just seems like a shady dude lol.

Manny's calves are huge lol, goes with his big dome lol.
2/11/13 2:51 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

haha if we're talking about Ariza and shadyness, its up there with his talent of condition programs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.