UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/17/13 1:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitchhelpsmesleep - 

If I was Burns I would stay overpriced right now lol

that's if he beats Vasquez lol
2/17/13 1:45 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True story, def ready for the Burns v Vasquez scrap

2/17/13 1:51 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

same here, i'm sure both are worried of Broner
2/17/13 1:57 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Which one you think provides the bigger challenge to Broner? Not saying they both challenge him heavily, but who is the tougher to deal with for The Problem?

2/17/13 1:59 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I think Vasquez does.
2/17/13 2:05 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

btw, when are you getting on your interview game again? any fighters in the works?

2/17/13 2:07 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Lavar is a little reluctant to interview on camera, so I'm going to try and do a Q and A like I did with Abner.

here's my latest with Zoila Gurgel.
http://martygarabedian.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/interview-with-invictafc-new-fighter-zoila-gurgel/
2/17/13 2:15 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Saw it brother! Critiqued it (for what its worth considering I don't know anything of the art of the interview) lol

Didn't know you had all that work though.....got to take a look

For anyone interested in scoping out Barry's interviews: http://martygarabedian.wordpress.com/

2/17/13 2:16 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

oh yea, forgot our conversation, shows how full retard I can get lol.

thanks for the link...hopefully I can get Lavar's up before the fight.
2/17/13 2:22 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Hope so, lookin forward to what the big guy has to say. I'm out, it's hittin the early Sunday hours in the east and i'm gassin out. Be easy man

And stop it with the full retard, bad things happen to good people. 

2/17/13 2:24 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

hahhaa, you to brother, always a pleasure..and thanks again for the blue, definitely grateful for it.
2/17/13 2:40 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

you're welcome!

2/17/13 2:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm back.

2/17/13 2:44 PM
Chomas
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitchhelpsmesleep - 

Kendall Holt v Lamont Peterson this week on FNF

Yeaaaa buddy.

^ Looking forward to this.  Great display last night by Broner.  Just toyed with Reese.  Can't wait to see him fight again, itll probably be a long while before we see him in a close fight.

2/17/13 2:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

NBCSN Fight Night Future Stars Series Airs Sunday                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62472#ixzz2LBjRq7EW
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Jake Donovan

As Main Events and NBC Sports Network gear up for its next installment of its ‘Fight Night’ series, its expansion series ‘Fight Night Future Stars’ airs Sunday evening.

The hour-long episode will offer tape-delayed coverage of select previously non-televised undercard bouts from the previous ‘Fight Night’ card. Sunday's offering (11:00PM ET) picks up preliminary bouts from the January 19 card in Uncasville, CT. The headlining bout will be an eight-round super middleweight contest between Marcus Upshaw and Vladine Biosse.

The ‘Fight Night’ portion of the card – which marked the series’ one-year anniversary - was topped by Sergey Kovalev’s two-round destruction of former light heavyweight champ Gabriel Campillo.

Sunday’s installment will be replayed on Monday, February 18 at 9:00PM and 10:00PM ET.

The next live episode of NBCSN Fight Night comes Saturday, February 23. Vyachaslev Glazkov faces Malik Scott in a scheduled 10-round battle of unbeaten heavyweights at the Paramount Theatre in Huntington, New York. The co-feature offers a local attraction, as Chris Algieri meets Jose Peralta Alejo in a welterweight battle scheduled for 10 rounds.

Select undercard bouts from the forthcoming February 23 card will air in March.

2/17/13 3:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 02/17/13 3:02 PM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62436#ixzz2LBkQt5SM This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Rigondeaux Will Not Face Juanma at 128, May Drop 

By "Mr. Boxing" Giancarlo Oquendo As previously reported, former two-division champion Juan Manuel "Juanma" Lopez believes Nonito Donaire (31-1, 20KOs) will defeat Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0, 8KOs) in their upcoming super bantamweight unification on April 13th in New York City. Lopez would like to fight the winner at a catchweight of 128 pounds.

Caribe Promotions CEO, Boris Arencibia, who co-promotes Rigondeaux with Top Rank, would respond to Juanma's comments: "I think we have to respect Juanma"s opinion, but Rigondeaux will win easier than most people think because he will put Nonito to work and fight him. Nonito will feel the power of his punches. Rigondeaux is a stylist who breaks his opponents down. And when Nonito starts to get frustrated, that's the moment where Rigondeaux wil push his attack," he told Mr.Boxing/BoxingScene.com.

Regarding Juanma's position for a catch-weight of 128 - Arencibia said that won't happen. If anything, Rigondeaux would consider the possibility of facing someone at 118 before he would ever consider the possibility of going to 128.

"Right now Rigondeaux is focused on this fight [against Donaire], which is super important. [After Donaire], we would then be willing to go against anyone at 126 - where we wouldn't give away too much weight - and also against anyone at 118, but I think right now we can't think of anything more than the fight with Nonito," stated Arencibia to Mr.Boxing/BoxingScene.

2/17/13 3:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 02/17/13 3:10 PM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62474#ixzz2LBmLP7Im This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Adrien Broner Nobody at 140 Would Pose a Problem

By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (26-0, 22KOs) is seriously considering a a move to 140-pounds as early as his next fight. Broner is hoping to fight WBO champion Ricky Burns, but he won't wait around for the match.

Broner doesn't see any of the top names in the junior welterweight division - including Brandon Rios, Amir Khan, Danny Garcia and Juan Manuel Marquez - who would pose a problem for him. Broner retained his WBC title for the first time on Saturday night at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, with a fifth round stoppage of British challenger Gavin Rees.

"I'm not going to wait on Ricky Burns. If he fights [me] or doesn't fight [me], oh well. Nobody [poses a challenge for me] at 140. I'll make them all look the same. I'll fight them all different. Different strokes for different folks," Broner said.

2/17/13 3:25 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner needs to get to 140 asap, thats where he has big fights and could make the most money and become a superstar.

2/17/13 3:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

very true Chris, would love to see him fight Khan.

2/17/13 7:40 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Before anything at 140 i'd like to see him take the Rios v Alvarado 2 winner. Preferrably Rios just because the second the talking starts between them i'm grabbing popcorn and waiting for them to blow the press confrence mic's up insulting one another. Then I get to watch them fight!

2/17/13 11:58 PM
OmgItsTheWams
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man most mma fans are so dumb I'm so tired of the boxing is dead talk Phone Post
2/17/13 11:58 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Attn - Thread

If anyone wants a video of Broner v Rees I caught a good one on download at 400p, will drop it to you in e-mail if you want to re watch on cpu or phone. PM me

2/18/13 12:05 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Note - Just ran through it, the video also contains the Co-Main Bika fight, and is in great quality for sure. 

what up wams. boxing aint dead

2/18/13 12:09 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
512 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Can Man vs. Rees 

2/18/13 12:11 AM
OmgItsTheWams
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After watching that body shot again that has been the best shot I have seen in Years Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.