UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/19/13 2:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

some may disagree and call Floyd a dick for leaving HBO...but he's opening doors for the younger guys. Ward and Broner will definitely be getting more and more attention from HBO now, Froch/Kessler II will be on HBO as well.

Floyd has made HBO the past decade, so now he's going to increase CBS/Showtime lol...I agree he'll make Fight Camp 360 much better, even though they did a good job with the Super Six.

as a Boxing fan, I'm excited, it'll make HBO have to dig down and come up with bigger fights too.

Agreed Phone Post
2/19/13 2:31 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

some may disagree and call Floyd a dick for leaving HBO...but he's opening doors for the younger guys. Ward and Broner will definitely be getting more and more attention from HBO now, Froch/Kessler II will be on HBO as well.

Floyd has made HBO the past decade, so now he's going to increase CBS/Showtime lol...I agree he'll make Fight Camp 360 much better, even though they did a good job with the Super Six.

as a Boxing fan, I'm excited, it'll make HBO have to dig down and come up with bigger fights too.

Very true, and competition is always a good thing for the sport.

I would like to imagine that Ward can become their new PPV king one day, but the problem is that there's no De La Hoya of SMW for him to fight, which both Pac and Floyd benefited from.

Ultimately this is great for Showtime/CBS, a bit of a hit for HBO, and good for boxing overall.

2/19/13 2:33 PM
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/13 2:32 PM

What is Showtime's '24/7' equivalent called?

2/19/13 2:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight Camp 360, remember they did a special on Fedor vs Rogers?

2/19/13 2:40 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/13 2:40 PM
pharochuck - 
Fitchhelpsmesleep -
pharochuck -  GGG and Martinez is the fight for me. Phone Post

GGG and Chavez is it for me

Martinez and Ward I like a bit more. Golovkin goes after and ends up getting Martinez IMO (a bit harsh to say though considering how good of a mover/puncher Martinez is)

Also i'm having trouble even THINKING of 6 opponents for Floyd that are relatively possible fights

Ward would crush him IMO. Ward seems methodical and fights in a controlled manner, but he's very fast and Martinez wouldn't be able to elude him or potshot. At a certain point ward is going to get him and Martinez honestly wouldn't be able to keep him at bay. Phone Post

I see Ward the clear winner of the two for sure. I def should have been more specific in the fact that I just see Martinez and Ward being able to get after it a bit longer than what would happen with GGG and Martinez. 

I always see GGG as a Kosta Tyszu, and would never mind if either got the fight with Ward. Thinking of the GGG/Martinez fight in this manner....Peter Quillin has said GGG has run him out in sparring as well as banged all over Chavez and Maritrosyan. If guys like Paul Williams, Macklin, and Chavez have knockdowns on you......I just have to think this is where GGG gets him. Also should state that as far as entertainment goes, I would want GGG/ Martinez. Me being a bit of a nerd for fighting styles tho, wanted to see how the skillset of Ward would play on Martinez and if Martinez can hold him off, or get eaten. 

2/19/13 2:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel GGG would beat Martinez, and Ward beats both imo.

2/19/13 2:43 PM

Vaguely.

Do you think the length of the contract is just a provision, or will Floyd actually fight 6 more times?

2/19/13 2:45 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - Gus Johnson calling a Mayweather fight euh

lol.....was not thinking about this.

2/19/13 2:49 PM

Sometimes these things happen in boxing.

2/19/13 2:59 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Anybody got an ideal opponent @ 140 for Broner pending the move?

Matthysse or Khan baby.

2/19/13 2:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Vaguely.

Do you think the length of the contract is just a provision, or will Floyd actually fight 6 more times?

I'll be surprised if he fulfills the contract, there's probably something in the contract that allows him to end it after a few fights.

2/19/13 3:00 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Fitchhelpsmesleep - 

Matthysse or Khan baby.

I have a handful to be honest.

2/19/13 3:09 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Barry_BondsMVP - 
Fitchhelpsmesleep - 

Matthysse or Khan baby.

I have a handful to be honest.

Lol like 7 of the top 10 guys of the division for me....including RIOS!

2/19/13 3:28 PM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitchhelpsmesleep - 

Matthysse or Khan baby.

Matthysse/Broner would be an amazing fight.
2/19/13 3:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

agreed sub, 140 is deep.

Matthysse imo is Broner's toughest fight.

2/19/13 4:56 PM
Gracie killar
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner faught at 135 on Saturday right? his next fight will be at 140 or am I wrong?
2/19/13 5:02 PM
D241
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I figured I'd share this with the true boxing fans instead of making it in my own thread.

I watched the first episode and it was good, going to watch the 2nd one later today.

http://www.putlocker.com/file/BFDAAD47CB169931 episode 1

http://www.putlocker.com/file/7D2BFD4C44A9DB00# episode 2

http://sharerepo.com/cb9i55ble4m6 episode 3

It's a documentary show called "The Fight" that goes through the timeline of boxings greatest and what made them great.

2/19/13 5:03 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - Broner faught at 135 on Saturday right? his next fight will be at 140 or am I wrong?
He's gonna sit down with Al Haymon, Golden Boy, and The Watson Twins so they can figure who can get it. Phone Post
2/19/13 5:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I found out the Watson aren't even twins lol...Broner said the other day, if he can't get Ricky Burns next (assuming he beats Vasquez) then he'll be jumping up to 140 sooner then later.

2/19/13 5:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mauro has been doing the Shobox as of late, so I figured Mauro will be doing the PPV as well.

thanks for the links D, I'll check it out tonight.

2/19/13 5:51 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Barry_BondsMVP -

I found out the Watson aren't even twins lol...Broner said the other day, if he can't get Ricky Burns next (assuming he beats Vasquez) then he'll be jumping up to 140 sooner then later.

Wait what? I hope this isn't true. I'd be as crushed as when I found out Renato Laranja wasn't real. Please tell me the Watsons are twins Phone Post
2/19/13 5:53 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

they aren't twins lol, one of them, I think the oldest one played a little pro baseball.

2/19/13 8:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Update on the deal 

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13941.html
2/19/13 8:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rigondeaux-Donaire fight having issues.

Donaire made this statement o. Twitter today

"I want you guys to hear it from me first. I am NOT going to NYC for the presser this Thursday bc Rigo is backing off his agreement to VADA drug testing. Rigo's team verbally agreed to VADA testing both online and in negotiations. But now that the contract to start testing is infront of them, they are finding every excuse not to sign and delay the start of the testing. I have NOT signed my fight contract yet to fight him so I have no obligation to fight ONLY HIM. It disappoints me that top fighters these days run from everything that will hold professional boxing integrity to its highest standard. I will be looking into other opponents with my manager, Cameron Dunkin immediately"
2/19/13 9:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

the kickoff presser to Guerrero/Floyd will be on CBS Live...not sure on the exact day yet...either going to be on a Saturday or Sunday.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.