UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/21/13 1:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

rumor is, HBO wants to offer Broner a 7 fight 14 Million dollar deal.

Better lock that man down. Pulls big numbers against no name guys. When do you think he'll be Ppv ready? Phone Post
2/21/13 1:18 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

you got GGG with the European market, and Donaire with some of Asia...

My boy Maravilla, and then JCC for the Mexicanos Phone Post
2/21/13 1:20 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

rumor is, HBO wants to offer Broner a 7 fight 14 Million dollar deal.

Better lock that man down. Pulls big numbers against no name guys. When do you think he'll be Ppv ready? Phone Post

two years imo.

2/21/13 1:20 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

you got GGG with the European market, and Donaire with some of Asia...

My boy Maravilla, and then JCC for the Mexicanos Phone Post

JCC for sure, Martinez is about done, so I was just thinking long term.

2/21/13 1:23 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's always hard to tell how fighters transition to PPV in boxing.  

If my memory serves, B-Hop/Dawson I absolutely tanked on PPV, did less than 50k buys, but the rematch between the two did really solid numbers on premium cable.

Mind you, it's a totally different scenario with Broner as he's an up-and-comer who's transitioning from premium cable to PPV (as opposed to the other way around), but it's still worth noting IMO

2/21/13 1:28 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

agreed with that, THAT lol...guys like Hop and RJJ weren't PPV guys, they were only house hold names with HBO.

it's all about marketing yourself, and if your a foreign star.

2/21/13 6:06 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Holt-Peterson weigh ins.

2/21/13 6:29 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i voted you up today BarryBonds_MVP and u too GayGaurd

this thread is fucking legit. I check it everytime i check the UG.

Broner is a fucking beast. Boxing Never Die!!!11
2/21/13 6:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

voted up right back bro...

Guerrero is really talking up the fight right now lol...comparing Berto's D to Floyd's.. 

2/21/13 6:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62616#ixzz2La3LuRlr This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman

Jim Lampley, HBO’s veteran blow-by-blow announcer for its boxing broadcasts, believes that Showtime long worked toward getting Floyd Mayweather to sign with them before ultimately succeeding this month.

Lampley, who made the same observation others in the industry have, said this in a radio interview with The Mighty 1090 in San Diego with Scott and BR, according to a transcript of the conversation from SportsRadioInterviews.com and a recording of the interview posted on that website.

“This is something that CBS/Showtime have been working on for a long, long time and within the past year they have sharpened their knives and worked even harder than ever before to try to get into this arena,”

Lampley said. “It’s been no secret in the sport that over the course of the past year Showtime has done all or maybe 90 percent of their business with Golden Boy Promotions.

They have catered very favorably to fighters who are managed by Al Haymon, Floyd Mayweather’s manager, so this approach took place on a lot of different fronts. They worked as hard as they possibly could.” Among other items related to this news, Lampley also questioned whether Mayweather will actually fight six times in 30 months, as was mentioned in the news release announcing his partnership with Showtime, and whether those bouts would be competitive or would be fights in which the outcome is known in advance.

2/21/13 7:07 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather Tabs Elegele For Sparring Ahead of Guerrero

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62608#ixzz2La8PX4Zv
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Chris Robinson

On Tuesday, Floyd Mayweather once again captured the attention of the boxing world when it was revealed that he had inked a record-breaking six-fight deal with Showtime PPV.

Coming in hand with the announcement was the confirmation of interim WBC welterweight champion Robert Guerrero as his May 4th opponent when he steps back into the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for his next ring assignment.

Coming off of decision victories of two bruising welterweights in Andre Berto and Selcuk Aydin, Guerrero will figure to give Mayweather a spirited battle despite the heavy odds that will see him as the underdog.

Meanwhile, behind the scenes in Las Vegas, Mayweather’s camp is already taking shape.

Having engaged in a routine sparring session with welterweight prospect Joseph Elegele (13-1, 10 KO’s) a few weeks back, Mayweather has told the 28-year old lefty that he will be using him this camp in preparation for Guerrero.

Elegele is a man of few words while training, but he’s been a welcome addition to the gym due to his skills, work ethic, and the respect that he shows to the sport.

Growing up in Melbourne, Florida, Elegele came from a crowded household and recalls getting into a lot of scuffles as a youth. At the age of 11 he approached his mother and pleaded with her to take him to a gym for a better way to vent his frustrations.

Elegele would end up calling University Boxing his home away from home as his journey in the sport took off.

“I got gloves and she signed me up,” Elegele recalls. “I never left there.”

Over time, Elegele would form a bond with junior middleweight prospect Daquan Arnett from Orlando and also speaks highly of a few camps he shared with him and Berto in Winter Haven.

Elegele won his first 12 bouts, 10 of them ending within the distance, before suffering an eight-round technical-decision loss to Aaron Martinez in July of 2011.

Without wanting to make excuses, you can tell that Elegele simply didn’t feel himself that evening in Cabazon, Calif.

“I learned a lot from that fight,” Elegele admits. “You live and you learn. I wasn’t in the best shape for that fight, but me being a fighter, I’m going to come and fight regardless."

Now lined up for a March 9th return against Javier Molina (12-1, 5 KO’s) in Costa Mesa, Calif., Elegele first got a taste of life in Vegas when he fought inside of Hard Rock this past June, winning an eight-round split-decision over Lanard Lane.

One month later and Elegele returned to the city but he admits that he didn’t know exactly where he was going to end up.

“I knew I was coming to Vegas but I didn’t know what gym I was going to be training at,” stated Elegele. “It just so happened I started hearing about Mayweather’s gym and I started going there.

“It’s a good experience,” Elegele continued of his time inside of the gym. “They’re very good people to work with and I’m sparring people from Europe, all over the world. It’s been a good mix of people I have been sparring with. That experience there, you can’t get enough.”

For fighters inside of the Mayweather Boxing Club, studying the movements of Floyd both in and out of the ring has become habit-forming.

So too does Elegele pay his respect to the five-division world champion.

“Floyd, he’s a very, very smart dude,” Elegele stated. “He knows the game in and out. He’s been on top for a long time. He knows what moves to make. He’s a very smart dude. We had a quick sparring session, but while it lasted it was real nice. I learned a lot from it.”

Anyone who has witnessed a Mayweather training camp can attest to the kind of commitment that Floyd has in training and Elegele is anticipating a whole new experience.

“I’m expecting the best work,” Elegele stated. “I know it’s going to be tough work. I’m expecting a tough camp and I’m expecting to learn a lot.”

2/21/13 7:11 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

endochokedme - i voted you up today BarryBonds_MVP and u too GayGaurd

this thread is fucking legit. I check it everytime i check the UG.

Broner is a fucking beast. Boxing Never Die!!!11
Gonna return the favor later. Thanks Phone Post
2/22/13 6:39 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before I even go to work today for Hotl v Peterson. 

2/22/13 5:51 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Ronda's training partner, Art Hovhannisyan on Shobox as well tonight.

2/22/13 5:57 PM
NAKMEEZY
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got Peterson by stoppage in the later rounds.

If I had to pick then round 9.

2/22/13 6:04 PM
Chomas
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Good night of fights boys! Phone Post
2/22/13 6:07 PM
DARTHHOGAN
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chomas - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

The old boxing/mma double dip weekend...gotta love it!!

2/22/13 6:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yes indeed gentleman, can't beat tonight's FNF.

2/22/13 6:14 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DARTHHOGAN - 
Chomas - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

and Tomorrow is Bundrage/Smith and some action on NBC sports as well as ufc 157

not to mention the big fight in the UK Price and Thompson for whoever gets it. 

PETERSON IN 10

2/22/13 6:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather talks Guerrero, Trout-Canelo

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62628#ixzz2Lfm1hiBo
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ryan Burton

Detroit, Michigan - BoxingScene.com recently spoke to undefeated pound for pound king Floyd "Money" Mayweather (43-0, 26KOs) who is in Detroit to promote Saturday's Showtime televised showdown between IBF junior middleweight champion Cornelius "K9" Bundrage and his fighter Ishe Smith.

The Grand Rapids, MI native recently announced his May 4th fight against Robert Guerrero (31-1, 18KOs) that will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. A unification fight between WBC super welterweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and WBA champion Austin "No Doubt" Trout is currently being negotiated to serve as the co-featured fight in what will likely be one of the highest grossing pay-per-view events in history. Showtime Pay-Per-View will carry the card.

Boxingscene asked Mayweather for his opinion on that fight and his thoughts on possibly facing the winner.

"Canelo is a young strong champion.  Trout I had a chance to see him (versus Cotto).  I thought the fight was a little closer than they had it.  That should be a good match up.  Like I said before, I have to focus on the guy in front of me and that is Guerrero.  If the Canelo fight versus presents itself or the Trout fight presents itself then we will make it happen. It is May Day of course.  Cinco De Mayo.  I am Mayweather so we like to call it May-per-view," Mayweather told Boxingscene.com

“Robert Guerrero is a champion.  For this guy to be mentioned with some of the top fighters in today’s time, he must have done something right or correct in his career.  This is a guy who I know I can’t overlook; I have to push myself to the limit.  I have to dedicate myself and I have to do what it takes to stay at the top."

"Guerrero is a very aggressive fighter.  I am starting to train.  As a matter of fact, this week I was out on the basketball court with some young kids working on my cardio.  I have to build my cardio up to fight Guerrero.  I will not overlook him.  I don’t overlook anyone.  I know that everyone who fights me is gunning for me, so I have to be ready for what they are ready to give me.

2/22/13 6:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Fitchhelpsmesleep - 
DARTHHOGAN - 
Chomas - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

and Tomorrow is Bundrage/Smith and some action on NBC sports as well as ufc 157

not to mention the big fight in the UK Price and Thompson for whoever gets it. 

PETERSON IN 10

Mayweather's guy, J'Leon on the Showtime undercard tomorrow as well..

Price will smash Thompson I think.

2/22/13 6:19 PM
TEX4N32
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Thanx for the heads up! Phone Post
2/22/13 6:20 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Does Bundrage clip Smith in the battle of Contenders? or does Ishe outbox him?

Mayweather takin a page of the Pacman conditioning routine with the B-ball cardio

2/22/13 6:25 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Tv Times Tonight (Boxing)

FNF @ 9PM (ET)

Fox Sports @ 10PM (ET)

Showtime (Shobox) @ 11PM (ET)

2/22/13 6:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol at this fight, they are still ducking Matthysse

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62647#ixzz2LfoFK5Jx

By Mike Coppinger

"Hammerin" Hank Lundy has advised BoxingScene that he will return March 16 against Victor Postol in the latter's native Ukraine.

The bout will be contest for a minor WBC junior welterweight title and will position the winner for a shot at the winner of the April 27 bout between Zab Judah and Danny Garcia.

Lundy (22-2-1, 11 KOs) was slated to fight Lucas Matthysse on Showtime in January, but the fight fell through amid managerial issues linked to Lundy and Dallas Jr. stepped in. The 29-year--old Philadelphian is now being trained by Mike Stafford, best known for his work with Adrien Broner.

Lundy has competed at 140 pounds in the past, but had his last four fights at 135. Postol (21-0, 10 KOs) defeated DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley by a wide decision in October.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.