UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/22/13 5:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NAKMEEZY
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got Peterson by stoppage in the later rounds.

If I had to pick then round 9.

2/22/13 6:04 PM
Chomas
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Ronda's training partner, Art Hovhannisyan on Shobox as well tonight.

Good night of fights boys! Phone Post
2/22/13 6:07 PM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chomas - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

The old boxing/mma double dip weekend...gotta love it!!

2/22/13 6:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes indeed gentleman, can't beat tonight's FNF.

2/22/13 6:14 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DARTHHOGAN - 
Chomas - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

and Tomorrow is Bundrage/Smith and some action on NBC sports as well as ufc 157

not to mention the big fight in the UK Price and Thompson for whoever gets it. 

PETERSON IN 10

2/22/13 6:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather talks Guerrero, Trout-Canelo

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62628#ixzz2Lfm1hiBo
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ryan Burton

Detroit, Michigan - BoxingScene.com recently spoke to undefeated pound for pound king Floyd "Money" Mayweather (43-0, 26KOs) who is in Detroit to promote Saturday's Showtime televised showdown between IBF junior middleweight champion Cornelius "K9" Bundrage and his fighter Ishe Smith.

The Grand Rapids, MI native recently announced his May 4th fight against Robert Guerrero (31-1, 18KOs) that will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. A unification fight between WBC super welterweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and WBA champion Austin "No Doubt" Trout is currently being negotiated to serve as the co-featured fight in what will likely be one of the highest grossing pay-per-view events in history. Showtime Pay-Per-View will carry the card.

Boxingscene asked Mayweather for his opinion on that fight and his thoughts on possibly facing the winner.

"Canelo is a young strong champion.  Trout I had a chance to see him (versus Cotto).  I thought the fight was a little closer than they had it.  That should be a good match up.  Like I said before, I have to focus on the guy in front of me and that is Guerrero.  If the Canelo fight versus presents itself or the Trout fight presents itself then we will make it happen. It is May Day of course.  Cinco De Mayo.  I am Mayweather so we like to call it May-per-view," Mayweather told Boxingscene.com

“Robert Guerrero is a champion.  For this guy to be mentioned with some of the top fighters in today’s time, he must have done something right or correct in his career.  This is a guy who I know I can’t overlook; I have to push myself to the limit.  I have to dedicate myself and I have to do what it takes to stay at the top."

"Guerrero is a very aggressive fighter.  I am starting to train.  As a matter of fact, this week I was out on the basketball court with some young kids working on my cardio.  I have to build my cardio up to fight Guerrero.  I will not overlook him.  I don’t overlook anyone.  I know that everyone who fights me is gunning for me, so I have to be ready for what they are ready to give me.

2/22/13 6:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Fitchhelpsmesleep - 
DARTHHOGAN - 
Chomas - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

and Tomorrow is Bundrage/Smith and some action on NBC sports as well as ufc 157

not to mention the big fight in the UK Price and Thompson for whoever gets it. 

PETERSON IN 10

Mayweather's guy, J'Leon on the Showtime undercard tomorrow as well..

Price will smash Thompson I think.

2/22/13 6:19 PM
TEX4N32
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Thanx for the heads up! Phone Post
2/22/13 6:20 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Bundrage clip Smith in the battle of Contenders? or does Ishe outbox him?

Mayweather takin a page of the Pacman conditioning routine with the B-ball cardio

2/22/13 6:25 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Tv Times Tonight (Boxing)

FNF @ 9PM (ET)

Fox Sports @ 10PM (ET)

Showtime (Shobox) @ 11PM (ET)

2/22/13 6:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol at this fight, they are still ducking Matthysse

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62647#ixzz2LfoFK5Jx
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Mike Coppinger

"Hammerin" Hank Lundy has advised BoxingScene that he will return March 16 against Victor Postol in the latter's native Ukraine.

The bout will be contest for a minor WBC junior welterweight title and will position the winner for a shot at the winner of the April 27 bout between Zab Judah and Danny Garcia.

Lundy (22-2-1, 11 KOs) was slated to fight Lucas Matthysse on Showtime in January, but the fight fell through amid managerial issues linked to Lundy and Dallas Jr. stepped in. The 29-year--old Philadelphian is now being trained by Mike Stafford, best known for his work with Adrien Broner.

Lundy has competed at 140 pounds in the past, but had his last four fights at 135. Postol (21-0, 10 KOs) defeated DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley by a wide decision in October.

2/22/13 6:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

NP Tex4N32

Subb, not really impressed with Ishe, it might look like Mike Jones vs Randall Bailey.

2/22/13 6:38 PM
hbkurtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm incredibly biased, but I love watching Ishe Smith's fights. I'm not sure how this fight will go, but I really hope he pulls it out. I'm so excited to see him getting a big shot on a big stage.
2/22/13 6:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

he's on a little streak HBK, maybe it continues tomorrow.

2/22/13 6:43 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

hbkurtis - I'm incredibly biased, but I love watching Ishe Smith's fights. I'm not sure how this fight will go, but I really hope he pulls it out. I'm so excited to see him getting a big shot on a big stage.

loved it when he got into it with Ahmed Kaddour on the Contender

2/22/13 8:01 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/22/13 8:56 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I can't listen to these two argue about Boxing lol...is it worth the 7 mins?

2/22/13 9:01 PM
God Bless Tim Tebow
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I can't listen to these two argue about Boxing lol...is it worth the 7 mins?

Lol not really but I did it. Waiting for this Peterson fight man.
2/22/13 9:06 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol same here.

2/22/13 9:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

@RayMarkarian Im told @CBS will televise @FloydMayweather @GHOSTBOXING press conf live during March Madness. Will be Presidential style debate
2/22/13 9:26 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Robert Garcia in the beanie working Jesus Hernandez corner? or did I see that wrong?

2/22/13 9:41 PM
hbkurtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitchhelpsmesleep - 
hbkurtis - I'm incredibly biased, but I love watching Ishe Smith's fights. I'm not sure how this fight will go, but I really hope he pulls it out. I'm so excited to see him getting a big shot on a big stage.

I never actually watched The Contender, but I heard alot about that. Whatever happened to Ahmed? I'll have to look him up.

Barry, I started working with him sometime after his loss to Julio and have enjoyed each of his fights, including the losses. As long as he punches and doesn't stay too defensive-minded, I've found him really exciting. Hopefully this will be the fight to impress you!
2/22/13 9:53 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

hbkurtis - 
Fitchhelpsmesleep - 

I never actually watched The Contender, but I heard alot about that. Whatever happened to Ahmed? I'll have to look him up.

Barry, I started working with him sometime after his loss to Julio and have enjoyed each of his fights, including the losses. As long as he punches and doesn't stay too defensive-minded, I've found him really exciting. Hopefully this will be the fight to impress you!

Ahmed has been winning since the show and according to his BoxRec he's been fighting more so overseas lately. Kaddour and Alfonso gomez supposedly after each-other a bit since last August and a bout may happen there. 

I've been a fan of Ishe since the Manfredo sparring videos and The Contender, that's great you've worked with him personally. 

2/22/13 9:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

he's been spending the time in Mayweather's gym right? Let's see what he can do.

2/22/13 10:09 PM
God Bless Tim Tebow
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Peterson gets it done impressively here. I really want to see that Khan rematch. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.