UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/25/13 1:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://www.rocklive.com/floydmayweather/photo/11488 Phone Post
2/25/13 2:11 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my article on Floyd leaving HBO, and his fight with Guerrero

http://martygarabedian.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/floyd-mayweather-jr-the-money-team/
2/25/13 6:18 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MAyweather myspace image hosting

Mayweather negotiations

2/25/13 7:13 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

myspace image hosting

Robert advances in the Negotiation process.

2/25/13 7:14 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

myspace image hosting

Hatin on Canelo per usual.

2/25/13 7:15 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

myspace image hosting

Floyd counting the stacks

2/25/13 7:17 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

myspace image hosting

50 and Floyd talk about it

2/25/13 7:18 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

myspace image hosting

After the phone call.....

2/25/13 9:12 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being reported by Steve Kim via Twitter that Abner Mares Vs. Daniel Ponce De Leon is a done deal for April 20th in Ontario via Showtime with Marcos Maidana Vs. Josesito Lopez on the co-feature!

2/26/13 12:03 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

IKossedLawlersSalad - 

Being reported by Steve Kim via Twitter that Abner Mares Vs. Daniel Ponce De Leon is a done deal for April 20th in Ontario via Showtime with Marcos Maidana Vs. Josesito Lopez on the co-feature!

That's a solid tv card right there. 

Checked out the Mayweather article just now, some good stuff. I might post a couple of those videos from GP like the Mayweather and Emmanuel Steward tributes to the thread, those were well done. 

2/26/13 12:09 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

thanks bro, glad you enjoyed it.

De Leon/Mares is a done deal, I guess so is the Co-mainevent.

2/26/13 12:11 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Edited: 02/26/13 12:11 AM

Rios: Broner is No Mayweather, Bitched Out To Guerrero

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62786#ixzz2Lyl1k2PY
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luis Sandoval

Brandon Rios quickly became a force to be reckoned with at Junior Welterweight as he moved up from 135 pounds and beat a strong undefeated Mike Alvarado by stopping him in 7 rounds. Another fighter is currently contemplating such a move up and that is Adrien Broner and people are already envisioning a fight with him and Rios.

After his victory over Gavin Rees, Broner has been asked about possibly fighting Rios in various interviews.  Broner has gone on to say he either didn’t know who Rios was or that Rios would be easy work.

BoxingScene caught up with Brandon Rios and asked him for his thoughts regarding some of Broner’s recent comments. The always candid Rios did not hold back as he went on to say Broner still has not beat any top name fighters and is definitely no Floyd Mayweather.

“That's stupidness because this mother****r acts like he's on top of the world. He hasn't really done sh*t. He's fighting little motherf****s. Midget motherf****s is who he's fighting. He fights little f**kers that actually hit him without power. Imagine if I hit him with those type of shots [Rees] hit him with. I think he would've been done. Me and Lucas Matthysse or even Danny Garcia would f***ing hurt this guy. He's stupid” Rios would tell BoxingScene.

“He thinks he's the next Mayweather. He ain't no Mayweather. It showed that night. With a little midget with no power hit him, and if that was Mayweather in that situation, that would never happen. So this motherf****r ain't no Mayweather. He's stupid.”

This would definitely be a fight fans dream fight but the possibilities of it happening are small considering both men are with rival promoters. Both men and known to be outspoken but Rios believes Broner wouldn’t say the things he’s saying if they were to meet up in person.

“And he asks 'Brandon who?’ If he don't know who the f**k I am then I think he's in the wrong sport because everybody knows who I am. So it’s kind of stupid for this guy to say that sh*t. He looked retarded for saying that. Ignorance, he's a fu**ing ignorant dude. But you know what, I bet you anything if I go [up to him] face to face he won't say sh*t. Look what [Robert] Guerrero did; he bitched him out. Made him look like a bitch in front of the cameras! 'I still got my 0", that's all he could say. 'I still got my 0'. What does the 0 matter if you fu**ing [have] not challenged the best. I want the best. I don't care if I have an 0 or not, I want the best. That's who I want” declared Rios.

While a fight with both men probably won’t happen soon, it seems like things are already brewing between both. Let’s hope the Top Rank-Golden Boy feud ends soon so fights like these could be made.

2/26/13 12:13 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Cotto wants three more fights then retire.

2/26/13 12:16 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

here's Rigondeaux taking his random drug test, tells Donaire no more excuses.

2/26/13 12:17 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

When the betting lines come out on Maidana v Lopez i'm gonna take a look at those. If Maidana is a decent sized underdog may throw some money down on him. Not saying he's my winner in this one but with Maidana and this type of style match up you never know.

Who you gentleman and scholars got?

2/26/13 1:55 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

that's a tough one, Maidana has looked decent at 47' and Lopez can bang bro lol...leaning with Lopez for now.

Rumor I heard is Mayweather's deal with Showtime guarantees him $30 million a fight, regardless of the PPV buys.

2/26/13 2:07 AM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

Thats certainly some good news for Money May if the rumor turns confirmed. 

I used to dislike Rios going ape in the interviews. I guess I don't mind him at all here. He was in the fight of the year, has moved up with a decent set of opponents, and I def don't think it's Rios taking the longer time to sign the Broner contract if it one day gets made. 

A-B.....About Billions....

2/26/13 3:26 AM
IKossedLawlersSalad

would love to see Broner-Rios, so many lovely match ups for Broner at 140.

2/26/13 4:43 AM
Beggsie
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner would beat Rios easily. Phone Post
2/26/13 10:44 AM
OmgItsTheWams
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok Barry lemme ask you this do you think the koscheck stoppage was early? Phone Post
2/26/13 3:16 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

not at all OMG, he looked to have went out, then woke up after the second blow to the head...Herb was right there.

2/26/13 5:42 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Peterson-Matthysse, Alexander-Brook Could Head To A.C.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62807#ixzz2M31IJay5 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno Golden

Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer advised BoxingScene.com that his planned doubleheader for May 18th is slowly coming together. As part of the card, Lamont Peterson (31-1-1, 16KOs) would defend his IBF crown against the very dangerous Lucas Matthysse (33-2, 31KOs) of Argentina.

And the other half of the puzzle would see the rescheduled welterweight collision between IBF champion Devon Alexander (24-1, 13KOs) and undefeated mandatory challenger Kell Brook (29-0, 19KOs). The Alexander-Brook has already been postponed twice due to injuries. Brook injured his ankle and withdrew from a planned January 19th date, and then Alexander hurt his right bicep and pulled out from the rescheduled date of February 23rd.

While early reports indicate the event is heading to a venue in Peterson's backyard of Washington, DC - Schaefer told BoxingScene that several venues are in the running - including the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. "We are looking at the different venues...the Boardwalk Hall might be one of them, to see if we can put the fight [there] between Lamont Peterson and Lucas 'Machine' Matthysse, and on the same card we'll see if we could reschedule the fight between Alexander and Brook.

If you look at these two fights, this just gets fight fans totally excited. All of these fights that we just discussed are 50-50 fights, exciting fights where fight fans and general sports fans are going to get their monies worth and that's what boxing is about," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com

2/26/13 5:45 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Schaefer: Khan-Diaz, Ogogo, Haroon on 4/27 in The UK

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62805#ixzz2M31xLb3s This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno Golden

Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer confirmed to BoxingScene.com that former champion Julio Diaz (40-7-1, 29KOs) will be the opponent for Amir Khan (27-3, 19KOs) on April 27th in the UK. Golden Boy Promotions is looking to expand in the UK market. One of their recent acquisitions, British Olympian Athony Ogogo, is expected to make his pro debut on the card.

Ogogo is a charismatic fighter with ability. As a middleweight, he won a bronze medal for Great Britain in the 2012 London games. Amir's younger brother, Haroon Khan, is also poised to make his pro debut on the undercard. Haroon represented Pakistan in the 2010 Commonwealth Games, where he won a bronze medal in the flyweight division. Schaefer's company will indeed have a busy day on April 27th. At the Barclays Center in Brooklyn - Golden Boy will stage a Showtime televised doubleheader with Danny Garcia defending his WBC/WBA 140-pound titles against Zab Judah in the main event, and Peter Quillin defending his WBO middleweight crown against Fernando Guerrero in the co-feature.

Showtime, who recently signed Khan to an exclusive multi-fight agreement, will present a packed day of boxing for their subscribers. Golden Boy executives will be present on both sides of the ocean that day. Schaefer will be ringside in the UK, while Golden Boy President Oscar De La Hoya will handle company business at the Barclays Center. "It's getting close, but this [fight between Khan and Diaz] is going to be finalized. It looks like it's going to be Julio Diaz.

I don't have anything signed yet, but it appears to be the case. April the 27th will be a terrific day for boxing, an afternoon and evening of boxing. You're going to have Amir Khan coming from the UK [in the afternoon]. I will be in the UK as well. You will have potentially the pro debut of Anthony Ogogo and [the pro debut of] Amir's brother [Haroon Khan]. I'll be over there in Manchester and Oscar will be at the Barclays Center for a terrific doubleheader between Garcia and Judah, and Quillin and Guerrero," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com.

2/26/13 5:47 PM
IKossedLawlersSalad

Edited: 02/26/13 5:47 PM

Huck-Afolabi on May 25th in Germany, DKP Wins Bid

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=62815#ixzz2M32szZpk This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Don King came out swinging this morning at the WBO's purse bid. According to Chris Meyer, general manager for Sauerland Event, promoter Don King slammed down a bid of $1,500,000 million dollars to secure the promotional rights to the Marco Huck (35-2-1, 25KOs) vs. Ola Afolabi (19-2-4, 9KOs) trilogy match.

Sauerland Event, who promote WBO cruiserweight king Huck, put down $914,444. K2 Promotions, who handle mandatory challenger Afolabi, put in a bid of $375,000. The purse bid took place earlier today at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center in Miami, Florida. King advised the World Boxing Organization, and the involved parties, that he plans to stage the fight on May 25th in Germany. Next to the Klitshcko brothers, Huck is arguably the highest boxing draw on German television.

Logically, King will now attempt to stir up a financial tug of war between the various television networks in Germany. Every major network in Germany is sure to be interested in securing this fight. Huck won a close twelve round unanimous decision over Afolabi in 2009, and last year they met in a rematch that went to a twelve round draw.

2/26/13 5:48 PM
Fitchhelpsmesleep

IKossedLawlersSalad - 

would love to see Broner-Rios, so many lovely match ups for Broner at 140.

Its personal opinion but I hope Rios and Ajose eventually get paired. Liked A'jose's heart v Matthysse and wouldn't mind seeing him take a shot with RIos. 

Any word on what Lavar said to Schaub in the fight?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.