UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

8/19/14 3:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

definitely a fighter Broner shouldn't get comfortable fighting consistantly. 

I would love to see Berto drop to 140, him and Broner would put on a good fight.

8/21/14 5:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

50 Cent Continues Heated Feud With Mayweather

Rapper/fight promoter 50 Cent continues to feud with WBC/WBA welterweight/junior middleweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. After already completing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge earlier this week, the rapper sent a challenge to Mayweather.

50 Cent took to Instagram to call out his former friend and business associate, challenging him to read a full page of a Harry Potter book without messing up. If completed, the rap mogul intends to donate $750,000 to any charity of Mayweather’s choice.

"Floyd will you [accept] my ALS/ESL CHALLENGE: I will donate $750k to a charity of your choice, If you can read a full page out of a Harry Potter book out loud without starting and stopping or f***ing up. lmao," he wrote in the caption for the video.

The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge calls for nominated participants to pour ice water over their heads within 24 hours or donate $100 to help find a cure for ALS, a progressive degenerative nerve disease commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease.  As of Thursday, more than $41 million has been raised by this year's campaign.

50 Cent's attack may have been a retaliation to an earlier interview that Mayweather conducted with MLive.com, where he took a swipe at rappers - without naming anyone directly. During the last few months, Mayweather has had issues with several rap talents - including 50 Cent, T.I. and Nelly.

"God has blessed me with an unbelievable talent, with fast feet, fast hands, unbelievable defense and a very, very sharp mind. So I'm thankful for that. Of course, hip-hop artists, they come and go. They come and go. But I'm still here," Mayweather said.
8/21/14 5:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Temporary Restraining Order Issued In Pacquiao Tax Case

MANILA (August 20, 2014)—The Philippine Supreme Court issued a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) to stop the enforcement of the Court of Tax Appeals (CTA) ruling which ordered Saranggani Congressman Manny Pacquiao and his wife Jinkee to post a cash bond in the amount of  P3,298,514,894.35 (US$74.9 Million) or a surety bond in the amount of  P4,947,772,341.53 (US$112.4 Million), as a condition for suspending the collection of alleged deficiency 2008 and 2009 income tax and value added tax by the Bureau of Internal Revenue while their appeal is still being heard.

The CTA (First Division) was further ordered to proceed with CTA Case No. 8683 with “deliberate dispatch”.

The TRO is attached.

The Supreme Court likewise enjoined the BIR from issuing, executing, enforcing, implementing, or otherwise giving effect to any Warrant of Distraint and/or Levy, Warrants of Garnishment, and Notice of Tax Lien, and from attempting to collect any tax on the basis of the deficiency income tax and VAT assessments against petitioners for the years 2008 and 2009.

The TRO is to be extended "indefinitely and until further orders".

Cong. Pacquiao and Jinkee thanked God for the welcome development in what has been a bitter dispute with the Philippine tax authorities. The couple were likewise grateful that the Supreme Court was able to urgently act on their Petition.

Cong. Pacquiao stated, “The issuance by the High Court of a TRO allows both side to have a fair opportunity to present evidence and prove their case before the CTA. I think I have said all that needs to be said in connection with the taxes I have paid in the United States and in the Philippines. Let us now let the legal process take its course. For now, I am just glad I will be able to concentrate on training for my upcoming bout in Macau.”

8/21/14 5:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Lomachenko-Piriyapinyo Eyed For Pacquiao-Algieri

By Luke Furman

According to overseas sources, two-time Olympic gold medal winner Vasyl Lomachenko (2-1, 1KO) could very well make the first defense of his WBO featherweight title on the Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri HBO Pay-Per-View undercard, which is set for November 22nd at the Venetian in Macau, China.

The most probable opponent is mandatory challenger Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo (52-1, 33KOs) of Thailand, who won his last eight fights since suffering a decision loss to then WBA champion Chris John in 2012.

Lomachenko capture the world title in June with a twelve round unanimous decision over Gary Russell Jr.
8/21/14 5:36 PM
Tomato Can
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, that's shaping up nicely to be one of the crappiest PPVs ever.
8/21/14 5:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Juan Manuel Marquez Could Return on November Date

by Salvador Rodriguez

According to the COO of Zanfer Promotions, Guillermo Brito, former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez could return to action in the month of November. Zanfer presented Marquez with the option of coming back in a big fight in November - but there is nothing concrete regarding the date, location or the opponent.

The Mexican future Hall of Famer is still eager to fight for a fifth divisional title and he is reportedly very interested in facing IBF champion Kell Brook, who is scheduled to come back on December 6th in Sheffield. The three possible locations for Marquez's return are Mexico City, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Mexico is said to be the frontrunner.

"Juan Manuel is a very high level fighter who's won everything and he deserves everything that he has. He is in the position to decide when and against whom he wants to fight. We will have set the date in November," Brito said.

"Juan Manuel, at this time, can say goodbye to boxing and boxing will appreciate everything that he has given us, including his character and professionalism. He is a gentleman inside and outside the ring. There is no need to press him [on making a decision regarding his next fight]. We are just giving him options and he'll decide."

Marquez (56-7-1, 40KOs), who turns 41 in two days, was last seen in the ring on May 17th, when he picked up a twelve round unanimous decision over Mike Alvarado.
8/21/14 5:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Bayless will be refing Mayweather/Maidana 

8/21/14 8:06 PM
Fedoral Crime
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Bayless will be refing Mayweather/Maidana 

Good. I think he's the best ref out there. Never liked Cortez or John Kerry. Phone Post 3.0
8/22/14 12:18 AM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - Well, that's shaping up nicely to be one of the crappiest PPVs ever.

lol

I think it's going to bomb pretty badly.
8/22/14 5:32 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Austin Trout on ESPN 2 tonight

Golden boy boxing on fs1 Phone Post 3.0
8/22/14 5:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd's response to Fiddy's challenge lol

8/22/14 5:53 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Floyd's response to Fiddy's challenge lol

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN Phone Post 3.0
8/22/14 6:34 PM
Thuglife13
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

47 have tried, and 47 have failed...

R.I.P. June Carter Cent
8/22/14 7:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Lol
8/22/14 9:15 PM
OmgItsTheWams
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn nasty ko Phone Post 3.0
8/22/14 10:39 PM
OmgItsTheWams
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trout down 2 times in round 3 Phone Post 3.0
8/22/14 10:40 PM
Oak the Toke
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yikes, Trout just got dropped twice in the 3rd round of FNF on ESPN. This dude is like a 30-1 dawg too.

How much worse could things get for him. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/14 12:39 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Oak the Toke - Yikes, Trout just got dropped twice in the 3rd round of FNF on ESPN. This dude is like a 30-1 dawg too.

Canelo took his soul. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/14 1:57 AM
pharochuck
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Oak the Toke - Yikes, Trout just got dropped twice in the 3rd round of FNF on ESPN. This dude is like a 30-1 dawg too.

he came back pretty good. composed himself well and got to it. dawson fought a great fight. he was brought in to be a showcase and instead tried to win

8/23/14 4:00 AM
Oak the Toke
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, he mostly dominated the fight, but I just wouldn't classify it as elite boxing or athleticism on display. At least not at the level I thought maybe he could be. That's ok though. Not everyone can be elite and he seems like a decent dude.

It turned out to be a very entertaining fight for ESPN. Nice efforts from both Trout and Dawson. Phone Post 3.0
8/23/14 3:24 PM
pharochuck
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

he fought out of his normal style. he tried to press the action and almost lost because of it. that was not his nomral style of fighting. i guess he's buying into the need to be more exciting stuff that boxing writers are saying

8/24/14 7:37 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Trout felt he had to change it up since his normal style was totally ineffective against Erislandy Lara.
8/24/14 8:54 PM
Oak the Toke

Idk guys I don't think he was fighting out of character I just think he thought he was going to out-class Dawson and paid the price for his brashness by getting sat down twice in the 3rd. Nothing more. Trout's crew handpicked Dawson, so perhaps that overconfidence was the reason for fighting a little too loose. He cleaned it up afterwards though.

Honestly, Austin looks big and athletic but doesn't fight that way. He's not that fast and his lack of anticipation results in taking more damage than you think he should.

I've only watched his last 5 fights, but seeing what Canelo did to him should give you an idea of his limitations. Canelo was faster and clowned him most of the night, and Canelo isn't exactly known for speed.

I don't think he'll ever be successful on the elite level for what it's worth. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/14 11:48 PM
salyer36
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a pretty good fight for FNF
8/25/14 12:12 PM
Chaelismyhero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oak the Toke - Idk guys I don't think he was fighting out of character I just think he thought he was going to out-class Dawson and paid the price for his brashness by getting sat down twice in the 3rd. Nothing more. Trout's crew handpicked Dawson, so perhaps that overconfidence was the reason for fighting a little too loose. He cleaned it up afterwards though.

Honestly, Austin looks big and athletic but doesn't fight that way. He's not that fast and his lack of anticipation results in taking more damage than you think he should.

I've only watched his last 5 fights, but seeing what Canelo did to him should give you an idea of his limitations. Canelo was faster and clowned him most of the night, and Canelo isn't exactly known for speed.

I don't think he'll ever be successful on the elite level for what it's worth. Phone Post 3.0

Actually Canelo's handspeed is quit excellent.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.