UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/20/14 2:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

looks like Khan vs Alexander in Dec.

10/20/14 2:53 PM
BradGluckman
810 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KFP49 - 
91W209 - Mexican style = balls to the wall. I like it. But when is th is bad as dude going to fight a name fighter? Phone Post 3.0
Can we see bad as dude vs good boy... Phone Post 3.0

The problem is GGG destroyed Chavez Jr in extensive sparring and got the better of Canelo so name guys don't want any part of him but now that he is getting a bigger following the top guys won't have the option of avoiding him

10/20/14 3:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andrade vs Charlo and Thurman vs Bundu are both eyed for that Khan-Alexander card

10/20/14 3:26 PM
Tomato Can
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like all of those fights, although I'd have slightly preferred Alexander/Thurman. Will still make for a tremendous triple-header if it comes off.

Other welterweight fights I'm hoping for in the next 6-8 months:

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao (lulz)
Maidana vs. Bradley (assumes Bradley beats Chaves)
Guerrero vs. Porter
Brook vs. Marquez
10/20/14 3:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

good list Tomato

10/20/14 10:28 PM
pharochuck
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
I don't put much stock in ggg vs Chavez jt sparring. Jr is known for being lackadaisical in that regards. Holyfield got owned all the time in sparring. That's well known. Michael grant would make him look ready for retirement. Ali is another who would look very pedestrian in sparring. When the lights are on and the crowd is yelling, Chavez will be coming forward, he's strong and has a sturdy chin that will be a real challenge for golovkin. How will he react, when he's unloading and the other guy doesn't just fold up. What if it's the 10th and the other guy isn't knocked out and hits him solid. How will he react if he driven backwards and is under pressure himself? Against Martinez, Chavez was still coming and throwing. Golovkin has special power, a Chavez or a froch have chins and physical strength Phone Post 3.0
10/20/14 11:33 PM
stillmatic
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck - I don't put much stock in ggg vs Chavez jt sparring. Jr is known for being lackadaisical in that regards. Holyfield got owned all the time in sparring. That's well known. Michael grant would make him look ready for retirement. Ali is another who would look very pedestrian in sparring. When the lights are on and the crowd is yelling, Chavez will be coming forward, he's strong and has a sturdy chin that will be a real challenge for golovkin. How will he react, when he's unloading and the other guy doesn't just fold up. What if it's the 10th and the other guy isn't knocked out and hits him solid. How will he react if he driven backwards and is under pressure himself? Against Martinez, Chavez was still coming and throwing. Golovkin has special power, a Chavez or a froch have chins and physical strength Phone Post 3.0

He can't knock out Brian Vera and he's going to knock out GGG? I'm not buying into just size and a good chin being enough to beat a special fighter like GGG.

Those questions will get answered when he gets in there with someone that can hang with him. He wouldn't be getting the hype he is now if he had to be answering those questions against the opposition he has faced thus far.
10/21/14 12:25 AM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Andrade vs Charlo and Thurman vs Bundu are both eyed for that Khan-Alexander card

Thats a sick card

I like how Showtime shows more then 2 fights. Edwin Rodrigues was on that Golovkin card and cant even get on tv
10/21/14 1:40 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

24-7 Hopkins/Kovalev was pretty decent. I'd love to see a GGG 24-7, the guy is unintentionally hilarious "Max look at me I have 3 belts". "You need exciting fight call me". Phone Post 3.0
10/21/14 2:46 AM
pharochuck
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic -
pharochuck - I don't put much stock in ggg vs Chavez jt sparring. Jr is known for being lackadaisical in that regards. Holyfield got owned all the time in sparring. That's well known. Michael grant would make him look ready for retirement. Ali is another who would look very pedestrian in sparring. When the lights are on and the crowd is yelling, Chavez will be coming forward, he's strong and has a sturdy chin that will be a real challenge for golovkin. How will he react, when he's unloading and the other guy doesn't just fold up. What if it's the 10th and the other guy isn't knocked out and hits him solid. How will he react if he driven backwards and is under pressure himself? Against Martinez, Chavez was still coming and throwing. Golovkin has special power, a Chavez or a froch have chins and physical strength Phone Post 3.0

He can't knock out Brian Vera and he's going to knock out GGG? I'm not buying into just size and a good chin being enough to beat a special fighter like GGG.

Those questions will get answered when he gets in there with someone that can hang with him. He wouldn't be getting the hype he is now if he had to be answering those questions against the opposition he has faced thus far.
I didn't say he would knock him out. Just asking the what if question. What if ggg not only can't put a shut away, but it's theatre rounds and the guy is fighting back. Laying on him, from time to time making him go backwards and hitting him as well. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/14 6:05 AM
touch
1500 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/10/bradley-canelo-beats-golovkin-hes-very-slow/

Bradley: Canelo beats Golovkin, he’s very slow

“I got Canelo in that fight if they fight,” Bradley said via esnewsreporting. “I say Canelo because Canelo has boxing ability. His ability to take a punch. He took a punch from a strong puncher before. His IQ for the sport if very high. He’s got a lot of skills. We know what to expect from Triple-G. ‘I’m going to mow you down. I’m coming to get you.’ He’s just going to come out and bring the pain. He’s very composed with it, but Triple-G is very slow. I didn’t know he was that slow. I thought he was quicker. When I was watching him fight this last weekend I was like ‘He’s very slow. Maybe he was just warming up?’”

“I didn’t know he was that slow, but he looked very intelligent in his approach,” Bradley said. “He knew what he was doing. He knows how to get in position to land those hard shots. But like I said, I got Canelo. Experience. He’s been in better fights. He’s been in with the top level for a long time. He’d be able to take his power, no problem. He’s the bigger guy. He’s the bigger guy, no problem. I got Canelo in that fight if they ever fight,” Bradley said.
10/21/14 7:41 AM
stillmatic
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck - 
stillmatic -

I didn't say he would knock him out. Just asking the what if question. What if ggg not only can't put a shut away, but it's theatre rounds and the guy is fighting back. Laying on him, from time to time making him go backwards and hitting him as well. Phone Post 3.0

He's been in 350 Amateur fights and only lost 5 of them. He knows how to box, which as an intelligent fighter is what he would do if he thinks his opponent can take his punches. If you watch his earlier pro fights, you will see a boxer puncher rather than the pressure fighter he is now.

He also spars with much bigger guys as well. He's testing himself in sparring as much as he can.

10/21/14 2:21 PM
tanner904

DanChow -
TzTinkle - I don't want to see Cotto be fed to GGG. Canelo would be a good scrap though, but I feel like GGG would eventually overpower him too.

Ranking the Best Options for Gennady Golovkin's Next Fight

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2236623-ranking-the-best-options-for-gennady-golovkins-next-fight

1. Miguel Cotto
2. Canelo Alvarez
3. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
4. Carl Froch
Froch is a super middle weight tho. Cotto he would knock out imo. I'd love to see Floyd try him hey he fought Canelo didn't he? GGG would knock Floyd out Phone Post 3.0
10/21/14 3:10 PM
tbi0904
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

touch - 

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/10/bradley-canelo-beats-golovkin-hes-very-slow/

“I got Canelo in that fight if they fight,” Bradley said via esnewsreporting. “I say Canelo because Canelo has boxing ability. His ability to take a punch. He took a punch from a strong puncher before. His IQ for the sport if very high. He’s got a lot of skills. We know what to expect from Triple-G. ‘I’m going to mow you down. I’m coming to get you.’ He’s just going to come out and bring the pain. He’s very composed with it, but Triple-G is very slow. I didn’t know he was that slow. I thought he was quicker. When I was watching him fight this last weekend I was like ‘He’s very slow. Maybe he was just warming up?’”

“I didn’t know he was that slow, but he looked very intelligent in his approach,” Bradley said. “He knew what he was doing. He knows how to get in position to land those hard shots. But like I said, I got Canelo. Experience. He’s been in better fights. He’s been in with the top level for a long time. He’d be able to take his power, no problem. He’s the bigger guy. He’s the bigger guy, no problem. I got Canelo in that fight if they ever fight,” Bradley said.

Bradley's still punch drunk from the Provodnikov fight.
10/21/14 3:13 PM
NiteProwleR
1670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, Donaire got raked.
10/21/14 3:58 PM
Chaelismyhero

touch - 

GGG is not slow. You have to have speed to be able to punch that hard.

Bradley is just not very smart. Nothing against the dude but he just says the dumbest things. Like when he said he beat Manny and Ruslan. I also thought JMM beat him.
10/21/14 4:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo has balls, I give the kid that...he doesn't give a fuck.

10/21/14 10:47 PM
MarkRobinson
1543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always enjoy reading the discussion on this thread.

VU guys. Phone Post 3.0
10/23/14 5:58 PM
pharochuck

lot of media guys picking hopkins

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/10746/hopkins-kovalev-media-picks

Hopkins-Kovalev media picks
October, 23, 2014
OCT 23
11:11
AM ET
By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com
24816COMMENTS64EMAILPRINT
COMMENTS64
EMAIL
PRINT
Hopkins-Kovalev
Jeff Fusco/Hoganphotos/Golden Boy
Despite closing in on 50, Bernard Hopkins is a slight favorite to beat Sergey Kovalev in a media poll.
The Bernard Hopkins-Sergey Kovalev light heavyweight unification fight, which takes place Nov. 8 (HBO) at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, is unquestionably one of the biggest matches of the year.

There is a very diverse opinion among media members on who will win the fight: the 49-year-old living legend Hopkins or the gargantuan-punching, 31-year-old Kovalev, who has been destroying opponents fight after fight. As the fight approaches, 23 media members were asked for their picks for inclusion in the fight-night program that will be for sale at the arena and SPBoxing.com.

For all of those who think Hopkins is a big underdog, think again. According to the poll taken, he edged Kovalev 12-11 in the media poll.

Here's a sampling of some of the picks:

• Dan Rafael (ESPN.com): Hopkins has been in this exact position many times, and pulled an upset. I've learned my lesson. It's a tough fight, but Hopkins' ring intelligence, experience and chin trump a Kovalev whose opponents have not been much to write home about. Hopkins W12.

• Bob Velin (USA Today): Kovalev might be the hardest puncher Hopkins has faced, and there is no doubt Hopkins is the smartest boxer Kovalev has faced. That should make for a fascinating matchup. Hopkins is older than old for a fighter, but is probably in better shape than the Russian destroyer, and has avoided damaging punishment. That said, I don't think he will escape Kovalev's ample power and Kovalev will not lose patience like so many of Hopkins' most recent victims. Kovalev KO10.

• Dave Weinberg (Atlantic City Press): Hopkins will frustrate and confuse Kovalev for the first few rounds, but Kovalev's power will eventually be the difference. Kovalev late KO.

• George Willis (New York Post): Hopkins has proved me wrong plenty of times. He hasn't had too much trouble with punchers. He beat Trinidad and ruined Pavlik. He'll have to prove me wrong again. Kovalev KO10.

• Mitch Abramson (New York Daily News): Hopkins is just too crafty, too smart and still possesses the necessary athleticism to beat a top fighter. Insane that a near 50 year old can win? No it's not. Hopkins W12.

• Ron Borges (Boston Herald): Hopkins will do what he does best. He'll mystify Kovalev into a fog of inaction and find a way to outpoint him. Hopkins W12.

• Graham Houston (British Boxing Monthly): I think Kovalev will out-work
Hopkins; don't think he will try to blast out the old ring general. Kovalev W12.

• Lem Satterfield (RingTV.com): Hopkins will be completely relaxed in this fight. He once told me that Kovalev is the virtual mirror image of Pavlik. However, I don't think that this will be as easy, but I do believe that he'll find a way to be victorious. Hopkins W12.

• Robert Morales (Los Angeles Daily News): I rarely go against Hopkins because of his defense and trickery, but have to go with Kovalev in this one because he'll be unfazed by the stuff that lulls others to sleep when they are in with Hopkins. Kovalev late KO.

• Jake Kaplan (Philadelphia Daily News): The ageless Hopkins will defy the odds again -- against an opponent young enough to be his son. Like many opponents before him, Kovalev will have trouble handling Hopkins' mind games before and during the fight. Hopkins W12.

• Tim Struby (ESPN The Magazine): Once again, Hopkins will defy conventional thought. He'll stay out of range, trash talk, hold and frustrate Kovalev. Hopkins will also pick precise spots to stick and move; it won't be pretty. Hopkins W12.

10/23/14 6:00 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm pumped for the fight, let's go Kovalev!!!!

10/23/14 6:10 PM
Chaelismyhero

Kovalev is going to knock Hopkins out within 5.
10/23/14 6:13 PM
HenryO

Huge fight

Ward needs to fight the winner
10/23/14 8:25 PM
judomf

touch - 

Canelo = most overrated Mexican fighter of recent times.

GGG would teach him a lesson; Canelo is simply too slow, and not active enough to put any pressure on GGG.

10/23/14 8:49 PM
KnockoutThoughts
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is going to be a fight overnight tonight between Leapei and Malik Scott. Any insight on who wins this matchup bros? I'm leaning Leapei because of the odds at the books, but I don't feel comfortable looking at just that. I do know last time I saw Scott in action he was a gas can in there. He tires and becomes a KO waiting to happen. Both guys best years are behind them. Leapei better KO percentage. I'm Leapei. Talk me out of it if I have this one wrong. Phone Post 3.0
10/23/14 8:50 PM
KnockoutThoughts
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KnockoutThoughts - There is going to be a fight overnight tonight between Leapei and Malik Scott. Any insight on who wins this matchup bros? I'm leaning Leapei because of the odds at the books, but I don't feel comfortable looking at just that. I do know last time I saw Scott in action he was a gas can in there. He tires and becomes a KO waiting to happen. Both guys best years are behind them. Leapei better KO percentage. I'm Leapei. Talk me out of it if I have this one wrong. Phone Post 3.0
Lol *I'm Leapei= I'm leaning Leapei. I'm not Leapei. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.