11/8/12 9:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mctapin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

literally, "8 year old retarded boy" - http://youtu.be/3juOrOpqtpQ
11/9/12 3:36 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That dude is pretty concise and convincing Phone Post
11/9/12 3:36 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The speaker, not Joe mind you haha Phone Post
11/18/12 1:36 PM
ridge hand

Joe also talks to aliens through psychedelic drug use: http://youtu.be/O7A3SK5tnpQ
11/19/12 6:09 PM
Caleb
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Kent Hovind... that dude knows his stuff. You can youtube his name and find tons of debates. He is pretty amazing. 

11/19/12 6:31 PM
DyingBreed

Caleb -

Kent Hovind... that dude knows his stuff. You can youtube his name and find tons of debates. He is pretty amazing. 

I watched an evolution series of his back in 06 that blew me away. Didn't remember the guys name until your post.

He is one of those guys I wish I could download info from his brain to use in arguments. It's just so hard to come back at some of the stuff he says! Phone Post
11/27/12 4:25 PM
they through his hat back in
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are we talking about the same Kent Hovind who is currently locked up? This man's ideas are ridiculous. Many of his 'ideas' fly in the face of most, if not all, robustly tested scientific FACTS. Phone Post
11/27/12 6:12 PM
DyingBreed

they through his hat back in - Are we talking about the same Kent Hovind who is currently locked up? This man's ideas are ridiculous. Many of his 'ideas' fly in the face of most, if not all, robustly tested scientific FACTS. Phone Post
Name a few Phone Post
11/27/12 6:13 PM
DyingBreed

Why is he locked up btw? Phone Post
11/27/12 10:17 PM
DyingBreed

DyingBreed - Why is he locked up btw? Phone Post
Nvrmnd, wiki told me Phone Post
11/28/12 11:57 AM
mctapin

ridge hand - Joe also talks to aliens through psychedelic drug use: http://youtu.be/O7A3SK5tnpQ

WOW
11/28/12 11:57 AM
mctapin

DyingBreed -  Why is he locked up btw? Phone Post

why was Christ crucified?
11/28/12 12:55 PM
5pointer

rogan has gone full retard whenever he opens his filthy mouth regarding christianity or Jesus which is often on his podcasts. I had to stop listening, I have a hard time watching the fights bc of his annoying voice and lame jokes. His comedy is terrible and he thinks he's hilarious. I have argued with his cult like following on the OG for years. Elitist hypocrite to no end.
11/28/12 5:44 PM
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DyingBreed - 
they through his hat back in - Are we talking about the same Kent Hovind who is currently locked up? This man's ideas are ridiculous. Many of his 'ideas' fly in the face of most, if not all, robustly tested scientific FACTS. Phone Post
Name a few Phone Post

Of course. Anybody who makes a claim should back it up.

We'll go with one of his main ideas as to save time and we can discuss others if you wish.

His 'Hovind theory' says a ?300 °F ice meteor came flying toward the Earth, broke up in space, crashing into the earth with the fragments mostly being ‘dumped’ around the poles freezing the mammoths standing up and causing the great flood.

So let’s begin - firstly the Earth is a gravitational ‘well’ whereby to escape this ‘well’ an unpowered object needs a escape velocity of about 7 miles per second and is also the same in reverse where an object falling from infinite will hit the earth’s surface at about 25,000 mph.

However, this isn’t the whole story. The earth only plays a small part in the gravitational profile of the solar system and to keep this short – any object that hits the earth would accelerate to around 18 miles per second.

Therefore if the ice ball was a mere 100x100x100 cubic metres, tiny compared to the size of the poles, moving at that speed it would release the equivalent energy of 10, 4 mega tone thermo-nuclear bombs, per person alive on earth today - and that’s conservative estimate.

So I’m not sure those mammoths would be stood up and if Noah really was on his ark, a flood would be the least of his worries.
11/28/12 7:22 PM
ridge hand

so you do not have a perfect understanding as to how some aspects of The Hovind Theory can be reconciled

yet, for some reason, evidently you have no problem believing on faith that man accidentally evolved from a soup of water and rocks billions of years ago?
11/28/12 7:43 PM

Edited: 11/28/12 7:47 PM
Please Ridge Hand enlighten me on the aspects that can be reconciled. I'm always interested in gaining new information. Also who said I believe man evolved from a soup of water and rocks?
11/28/12 9:59 PM
ridge hand

I don't have perfect answers for the 2 issues you raise, but they are far less insurmountable than those within the religion of macroevolutionism.

A follower of Christ, and therefore necessarily a believer in biblical creation, would not seek to discredit a true preacher of God like Hovind.

What is it that you believe you believe exactly, if not that man evolved from a soup of water and rocks?
11/28/12 10:39 PM
DyingBreed

It does seem like there are only two options. But thanks for actually answering my question bro. My asking wasn't in a challenging spirit, I just was wondering where you were coming from Phone Post
11/29/12 6:06 AM

Edited: 11/29/12 12:24 PM
RH - I’m not sure if you are referring to macroevolution as a religion because it is a scientific theory and therefore has nothing to say about religion. However, by the use of the term macroevolutionism can I deduce you hold microevolution to be true? If so macroevolution has the same processes as microevolution, they just take place over a longer timescale

In terms of humans coming from rocks, ironically that very close to the biblical depiction of Adam being created by "the dust of the ground"? But, in answer to your question I very rarely believe anything. I try to find facts, but am not afraid to say I don’t know and you shouldn’t either. I can’t tell you the first process that started life NOBODY CAN at the moment! I can however explain the process of evolution from the first cell to humans is great detail, with facts to back them up.

However, my original proposal was not to debate where humans came from but to say that Kent Hovind isn’t a ‘true preacher’ he is a snake oil salesman. I would suggest that you’re local priest; victor or pastor would have a greater insight into the word of god compared to a half baked creation science preacher who puts profit before truth.

DyingBreed - Not a problem - Thank you
11/29/12 5:08 PM
ridge hand

God says to get the truth from God (Matt. 4:4), not from "you're local priest; victor or pastor."

Hovind preaches the Word and subjects all his theories to God, which is why satan's minions put him in prison, and why "you're local priest; victor or pastor" are allowed to keep preaching false doctrines of men (Matt. 15:8-9).

The wicked hate God, the Word (John 1:1, John 3:20), and bitterly attack anyone who preaches God with backward charges such as "snake oil salesman."

Speaking of snake oil salesman and since this thread is about Rogan, did you catch this video - http://youtu.be/O7A3SK5tnpQ

Those who believe there is no God, and that therefore they are living gods, call their religion "non-religious," and call the religion of macroevolutionism: "scientific theory"

A religion is a religion no matter what label one tries to hide it behind.

Scientific facts perfectly support biblical creation, and likewise confound the religion of macroevolutionism at every turn.

One either believes God created everything, or they necessarily believe that everything created itself.

Most don't realize this, and understandably hate having their absurd and evil religion made manifest, trying to hide behind non sequiturs such as "I never said that...or I don't know what I believe..."
11/29/12 8:02 PM

Quote mining seems to be a speciality of your, cherry picking lines and versus. It’s the same with the Joe Rogan video; most of it is just cherry picked lines.

There is such thing as context which you haven’t seemed to have grasped. For example where you say ‘Those who believe there is no God, and that therefore they are living gods...’ I could make say - ridge hand said ‘...there is no God...’ and you did, I wouldn’t be lying but it would be misleading and dishonest and therefore I wouldn’t do it.

It’s remarkable that those who preach honour and truth and often the first to break it.

Speaking of which, Matthew 4:4 – ‘But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.’ – It’s a huge shame that Hovind didn’t follow this teaching amassing huge fortune including 10 properties; it seems he needed more than god’s word. Also, I’m not sure satan had anything to do with him going to prison, it was more likely the tax fraud he systematically engaged in for a number of years.

Next on the list –

Atheist definition – a lack of belief in the existence of god or gods.

Religion definition - The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Therefore I’m not sure 'a lack of belief' can qualify as a religion? Let me put it into context as you seem to struggle with this. Do you believe in Thor? Ra? Apollo? Zeus? If not, why not? When it comes to these gods I’m sure you’re an Atheist.

For the same reasons you don’t believe in the gods I listed is the same reason I go one god further.

Finally, non sequiturs? All my points have followed the premise and have been backed evidence. Have yours?
11/30/12 2:28 PM
ridge hand

As a denier of Jesus Christ (1 John 4:3), your charge that any Word of God is being cherry picked or taken out of context is dead on arrival.

You are a liar and antichrist according to God (1 John 2:22), not me.

Who is the god of an atheist's life, or agnostic's life, or buddhist's life, etc.? They are.

They govern themselves and determine right and wrong based on their own infinite wisdom as living gods who created themselves and the universe, the only means by which such wisdom could be had, and such self worship justified.

For instance, how could anyone possibly have a clue as to all seen and unseen physical, emotional, and spiritual consequences to practitioners of homosexuality and to society at large now and into the future, if any?

Only the creator of all could possibly know and convey such to his creation (Lev. 18:22, Rom 1:27, 1 Tim. 1:10, Matt. 10:15).

A complex creation must have a creator (Rom. 1:20). It's no wonder we never witness a tornado rip through a junkyard and accidentally assemble a fully fueled and functioning 747 jet airliner.

Being that there must be a creator, it is now most important that man find out who God is (John 1:1) and what God wants (Eccl. 12:13).

There is either no truth, or one truth.

God says man will know that the Bible is the word of the only, true living God because it is the only Word that always tells the truth about everything (Isa. 42:9, 46:10, Deut. 4:35).

It is.

The Bible correctly identifies the thors, apollos, rogans, etc. as "false gods."
12/12/12 5:01 PM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Scientific facts perfectly support biblical creation.."

If scientific facts support biblical creationism, please explain human chromosone #2. Please explain the sequence in the fossil record. Please explain endogenous retrovirus...etc etc etc

All the evidence supports biological evolution. Why would god deceive us and make it look as if we share a common ancestor with the other great apes?
12/13/12 12:17 AM
ridge hand

"Why would god deceive us and make it look as if we share a common ancestor with the other great apes?"

Did the Ferrari Testarossa evolve from a Honda Accord? No, they both share the same creator: man. If a mechanic wanted to argue that the Testarossa evolved from the Accord, he could certainly drum up many so-called evidences, while pointing out many design features that make no sense to him.

In like manner, all points such as the 3 you listed which get raised by satanists are not evidence of anything other than what a satanist would like to attribute to them.

God does not give man all the answers to every last mystery. Here is what God has to say:

Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? (Isa. 45:9)

Thus says God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which comes out of it; he that gives breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk in it (Isa. 42:5)

The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law. (Deut. 29:29)

As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all. (Eccl. 11:5)

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. (Eccl. 12:13-14)

As to your claim that "All the evidence supports biological evolution."

Please explain how everything accidentally created itself.

Where time, space, matter, life, and the laws of physics came from, and why this accidental evolution would deceive us and make it look like God created everything.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse (Rom. 1:2)
12/13/12 1:12 PM
JitsuGuy
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ridge-hand is one of those peeps that believes we believe in what we want to.

This is the critical flaw modern Christianity.

I'd like to believe 1 million dollars will be in mailbox when I get home, but my observation of the world and how things work tell me that is extremely unlikely.

The same holds true for my belief in a compassionate god who knows everything, yet allows all the suffering in the world and creates beings he knows will spend an eternity in hell (according to fundies) before they even exist.

I do find it ironic how many Christians try to prove their faith to others when their own faith preaches faith is the almighty, greatest attribute. It's kinda of paradoxical.

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.