HolyGround >> Rogan going full retard on Noah's Ark

2/15/13 10:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
boooring
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ridge hand - 
gord96 - 
Every word of God is pure (Prov. 30:5)

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. (2 Pet. 1:21)

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isa. 45:7)

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. (Prov. 30:6)

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt (Ps. 14:1)

You're just taking verses out of context and throwing them around to support your thoughts. You are quoting proverbs assuming that 'word' in there is talking about the entire Bible?

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. (Deut. 4:2)

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. (Rev. 22:18-19)

if God did not preserve his perfect Word in its entirety for his creation, then there is no God

You realize your quote from Revelation proves his point. You are doing exactly what the text warns against. Quoting things without tying it to the context of the meta-narrative IS taking away from "the words of prophecy". That is to say not telling the whole story.

QED. Done with you. Back you go trolling, oh I mean 'preaching' for the Westboro Baptist.
2/15/13 11:11 AM
ridge hand

bjjdna - 
ridge hand - 
bjjdna - 
ridge hand - 
Trick or Truth - Sorry just realised in regards ad hominem you meant Kent Hovind, I didn't realise as you quote my first post.
The man is a liar and a fraud in regards the inane and fatuous creationist science he propagates.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? (1 John 2:22)

all complex creations have creators

how complex are human beings or the laws of physics

where is your evidence that life accidentally created itself from a soup of water and rocks

if you claim this is not your belief, please specify what it is you believe you believe

"all complex creations have creators"

This is NOT true.

Complex systems are diverse, interdependent, connected, adapting, novel, self organizing entities that often produce unpredicable emergent phenomenon that arise from the bottom up, i.e., there's no central control.

ask yourself what your point really is

you hope that you can rely on statements like these to excuse yourself from accountability to, and judgment by, God who created you

But God says there is no excuse:

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse (Rom. 1:20)

if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:24)

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23)

I already made my point. Complex systems produce self-organizing emergent phenomena that arise from the bottom up; there is no central control, e.g., the growth of a crystal. Life itself is an emergent phenomenon.

The study of complex systems is fascinating and very necessary – as the complexity of the modern world is NOT something we can afford to passively sit back and accept without the risk of catastrophe.

What does your book of everything from the mind of God have to say about complex systems? You would think that God would have a chapter devoted to the complexity of his creation - with all the subsequent math and modeling.

Oh wait. The bible was written by MEN from a time when the science of goat herding was the top science of the day. So we should not expect it to contain accurate scientific info. Only a fool would think a religious book doubles as a scientific treatise.

you're not God, you didn't accidentally create yourself

God made himself and his will knowable to his creation by his Word, which all will be judged by whether they like it or not (John 1:1, 12:48)

profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called (1 Tim. 6:20) cannot save one from God's judgment for the evil all have done (Rom. 3:23)

only Jesus saves (Isa. 53:5, John 8:24, 14:6)
2/15/13 11:29 AM
ridge hand

boooring - 
ridge hand - 
boooring - 
ridge hand - 
boooring - 
ridge hand - 
boooring - 
ridge hand - 
boooring - I wish more young earth creationists were better exegetes.

http://www.pcahistory.org/creation/report.html

YEC's seem to breeze past the fact they are reading an English translation and approaching the text with thinking primarily formed by the Enlightenment.

YEC's create a unnecessary division in Christendom. Yes, YEC's is ONE way to read the creation account in an orthodox manner. However, it is not the only way nor the most exegetically honest.

Framework, check it out.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division (Luke 12:51)

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. (2 Pet. 1:20)

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day (Exod. 20:11)

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. (Prov. 30:6)

all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Rev. 21:8)

So you are saying you are using no interpretive method at all? What about language? Isn't that an interpretive method?

Do you think the Hebrews of the ancient near-east were reading an English translation and had a world view primarily formed by the Enlightenment?

A YEC attacking a person's salvation is par for the course though. Sigh...

The wicked get convicted by God, the Word (John 1:1), and front their problem with God onto those who preach God.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. (2 Pet. 1:21)

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isa. 45:7)

Oh, you're a troll. Gotcha.

so you claim to be a Christian and refer to the preaching of God as trolling

Ye shall know them by their fruits (Matt. 7:16)

What you are doing is most certainly NOT preaching. Romans 10, Titus 1, etc.

Nice shot at my status as elect. *sigh* fundies gotta fundie.

"*sigh* fundies gotta fundie"

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matt. 4:4)

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. (Matt. 12:30)

You are preaching against a preacher for Jesus Christ, and calling God a liar by claiming God does not actually mean what he says, including in (Exod. 20:11)

If you feel your 'status as elect' is questioned by God's Word, your problem is with God, not me.

My problem is with you carelessly flinging verses from the Bible around like a dog flings earth.

You are not preaching. I won't argue with a fool about that because what does the Bible say about arguing with a fool?

You wouldn't know a systematized argument for what is the preaching of the Word of Christ if it fell on your head, repeatedly.

Now please continue with chopping up the text that you claim to care so much about. You clip things from the Bible without care for meta-narratives and context that makes the most ardent dispensationalist's heart swoon. Good job! You're doing the Kingdom a great service. *eye roll*

"I won't argue with a fool"
^
whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. (Matt. 5:22)

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:24)

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15-16)

boooring
^
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1 John 2:4)

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mark 16:16)

Jesus Christ is the living Word of God (John 1:1, 14).

You mock Christ (Gal. 6:7) and those who believe him (Rom. 4:3) with your whole "fundies gotta fundie" schtick.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. (2 Pet. 1:20)

All you do is preach that God does not mean what God says, but rather means what you say God means.

You believe the christ you've created in your own mind, and preach your fantasies for doctrine.
2/15/13 11:39 AM
ridge hand

boooring - 
ridge hand - 
gord96 - 

You're just taking verses out of context and throwing them around to support your thoughts. You are quoting proverbs assuming that 'word' in there is talking about the entire Bible?

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. (Deut. 4:2)

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. (Rev. 22:18-19)

if God did not preserve his perfect Word in its entirety for his creation, then there is no God

You realize your quote from Revelation proves his point. You are doing exactly what the text warns against. Quoting things without tying it to the context of the meta-narrative IS taking away from "the words of prophecy". That is to say not telling the whole story.

QED. Done with you. Back you go trolling, oh I mean 'preaching' for the Westboro Baptist.

All you do is preach against Jesus Christ, the living Word (Luke 11:23, Jas. 4:4)

boooring
^

If God did not preserve his perfect Word in its entirety for his creation, then there is no God.

You're arguing that man cannot rely on God's Word, and calling God a liar claiming that God does not mean what God says in any of the following verses:

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matt. 4:4)

2/15/13 11:48 AM
boooring

No, ridge hand. That's not what I'm saying. All you've been doing is violating the 9th commandment by not actually trying to hear what I've been saying. Instead you are trying to force what I've been saying to support your agenda.

http://timgombis.com/2013/02/07/the-fundamentalists-error/

Please post some more bible verses without context. In doing that you'll show how much you care for the Word of God. *eye roll* Thanks!

2/15/13 11:49 AM
boooring

Please keep quoting Rev 22 out of context where the text says do not take this out of context. Lol!
2/16/13 2:02 PM
ridge hand

boooring - No, ridge hand. That's not what I'm saying. All you've been doing is violating the 9th commandment by not actually trying to hear what I've been saying. Instead you are trying to force what I've been saying to support your agenda.

http://timgombis.com/2013/02/07/the-fundamentalists-error/

Please post some more bible verses without context. In doing that you'll show how much you care for the Word of God. *eye roll* Thanks!

"http://timgombis.com/2013/02/07/the-fundamentalists-error/"
^
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Matt. 15:8-9)

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division (Luke 12:51)

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. (1 John 2:22)

if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:24)

In flaming fire taking VENGEANCE on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be PUNISHED with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power (2 Thess. 1:8-9)

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. (Rev. 3:16)

boooring - "Please post some more bible verses without context. In doing that you'll show how much you care for the Word of God. *eye roll* Thanks!"
^
You claim every single Word of God preached does not mean what God says, but means something else entirely when taken in context.

The reason you do this is because you're afraid of, and ashamed of a true gospel (Mark 8:38), and therefore any scripture that does not tickle your itching ears (2 Timothy 4:3-4), you simply say that God does not mean what God says.

You have yet to provide any evidence for a single example of how any scripture quoted does not mean what it says without context, other than that you say so. Go ahead and give us your private interpretation chief (2 Pet. 1:20)

And you have completely dodged the fact that you assert that man cannot completely rely on every Word of God (i.e. "fundies gotta fundie"). If that's the case, then you're necessarily asserting that there is no God.
2/19/13 10:17 AM
boooring

"The reason you do this is because you're afraid of, and ashamed of a true gospel (Mark 8:38), and therefore any scripture that does not tickle your itching ears (2 Timothy 4:3-4), you simply say that God does not mean what God says.

You have yet to provide any evidence for a single example of how any scripture quoted does not mean what it says without context, other than that you say so. Go ahead and give us your private interpretation chief (2 Pet. 1:20)

And you have completely dodged the fact that you assert that man cannot completely rely on every Word of God (i.e. "fundies gotta fundie"). If that's the case, then you're necessarily asserting that there is no God."

Again, violating the 9th commandment. You should repent. You'll be known by your fruit.

I can play this game too. P.S. I'll pray for you.
2/20/13 3:15 PM
ridge hand

boooring - "The reason you do this is because you're afraid of, and ashamed of a true gospel (Mark 8:38), and therefore any scripture that does not tickle your itching ears (2 Timothy 4:3-4), you simply say that God does not mean what God says.

And you have completely dodged the fact that you assert that man cannot completely rely on every Word of God (i.e. "fundies gotta fundie"). If that's the case, then you're necessarily asserting that there is no God."

Again, violating the 9th commandment. You should repent. You'll be known by your fruit.

I can play this game too. P.S. I'll pray for you.

Your only initial comment on a video featuring a blaspheming antichrist, and one of the great witnesses for Jesus Christ, Kent Hovind, was effectively how annoying it is to you that there are those who take the Word of God seriously (i.e. "fundies gotta fundie").

Now you refer to the preaching of God as 'playing that game too,' and cower from responding to every point made by falsely 'pleading' the 9th commandment as a gimmick.

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith (Titus 1:13)

Pray for yourself, and the multitude of other lost souls on here (Matt. 12:30, Mark 3:29, Gal. 6:7).
2/20/13 3:20 PM
boooring

Oh so you are not saying you have taken what I've said in the best light possible? Gimmick? Really? I don't think you get it.

Praying diligently for you to repent. God Bless!
2/20/13 3:59 PM
ridge hand

boooring: "fundies gotta fundie"
^

Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen (Isa. 47:3)

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (2 Thess. 2:10)

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. (Gal. 1:9)

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed (2 John 1:10)
2/20/13 4:01 PM
boooring

Still praying for you to repent. You seem lost. God Bless!

2/20/13 4:06 PM
boooring

Edited: 02/20/13 4:09 PM
ridge hand: "Now you refer to the preaching of God as 'playing that game too,' and cower from responding to every point made by falsely 'pleading' the 9th commandment as a gimmick."

^

Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen (Isa. 47:3)

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (2 Thess. 2:10)

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. (Gal. 1:9)

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed (2 John 1:10)

P.S. What you are doing is not preaching. See Romans 10 and Titus 1 for what preaching is.
2/21/13 11:53 PM
ridge hand

There are tons of lost souls here boooring

What exactly are you doing in this thread that fulfills your duty to preach the gospel (Mark 16:15-16) as a witness for Jesus Christ (John 14:6, Matt. 12:30), aside from:

1. claiming that God always means something entirely different from what God says as preached herein when taken in context

2. refusing/failing to ever prove this claim of yours to help the lost understand

3. mocking witnesses for Jesus Christ in Kent Hovind and myself?

boooring: "P.S. What you are doing is not preaching. See Romans 10 and Titus 1 for what preaching is."
^
Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay (Isa. 29:16)
2/22/13 7:55 AM
boooring

"1. claiming that God always means something entirely different from what God says as preached herein when taken in context"

You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. (Ex. 20:16)

My statement was that the Gen. 1 account CAN be exegeted in a way that allows for young earth creationism. I then stated, however that is the less likely intent of the author. The more widely accepted view from Hebrew scholars (both Christian and Jewish) is an Analogical/Framework view of creation. This is the view of the church fathers. Day-age and Gap theory along with young earth creationism were later advents in the church. By later, I mean much later. This seems to be misunderstood by many young earth people because they think anyone who holds to an old earth view is just doing so to placate to what science has shown thus far.

You seem to really like hyperbole claiming that I hold the view God ALWAYS means something different than what God says (really it what YOU think God says).

As for the point I'm trying to make about your claim of "preaching". The systematized definition of preaching from an orthodox standpoint is: the proclaiming by the mouth of the Word of Christ (his coming for the forgiveness and repentance of sins backed up by all the Law, Psalms and Prophets (Luke 24)) under the assembly of the saints as God promised mechanism of salvation.

Copy and pasting written verses from Scripture (Scripture does not equal the Word, i.e. the Graphe does not equal the Logos) without context is NOT preaching.

As for my characterization as Ken Hovid and his fundamentalist views - they are accurate. Please google and find clips of him on the John Ankerberg show discussing creation. He repeatedly attacks people's elect status who do not hold to a young earth creationist view. His fruits thus far as I can tell is he has not submitted to the authorities as Paul commands in Romans 13 and is in prison rightfully so because of it. Listen to the recorded tapes of him telling his son to hide money so the government can't find it and then shortly there after crying to the judge saying if the government wants the money they can have it.

Fundamentalism is when people think God's thoughts are theirs. At the heart of this is what the Reformers called "enthusiasm" (God within). This is the view that the believer is fallen EXCEPT when interpreting Scripture. The proof text for this is a twisting of John 16:13 and ignores ALL of the teaching/teacher verses in Scripture. Therefore, the fundamentalist regularly claims that if a person does not hold to their interpretation that other person must not be a believer and be saved.

Is this not your view of exegesis and hermeneutics? From what you've written it sure seems that way.

I'm still praying for your repentance.
2/22/13 2:41 PM
ridge hand

boooring - "1. claiming that God always means something entirely different from what God says as preached herein when taken in context"

You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. (Ex. 20:16)

My statement was that the Gen. 1 account CAN be exegeted in a way that allows for young earth creationism. I then stated, however that is the less likely intent of the author. The more widely accepted view from Hebrew scholars (both Christian and Jewish) is an Analogical/Framework view of creation. This is the view of the church fathers. Day-age and Gap theory along with young earth creationism were later advents in the church. By later, I mean much later. This seems to be misunderstood by many young earth people because they think anyone who holds to an old earth view is just doing so to placate to what science has shown thus far.

You seem to really like hyperbole claiming that I hold the view God ALWAYS means something different than what God says (really it what YOU think God says).

As for the point I'm trying to make about your claim of "preaching". The systematized definition of preaching from an orthodox standpoint is: the proclaiming by the mouth of the Word of Christ (his coming for the forgiveness and repentance of sins backed up by all the Law, Psalms and Prophets (Luke 24)) under the assembly of the saints as God promised mechanism of salvation.

Copy and pasting written verses from Scripture (Scripture does not equal the Word, i.e. the Graphe does not equal the Logos) without context is NOT preaching.

As for my characterization as Ken Hovid and his fundamentalist views - they are accurate. Please google and find clips of him on the John Ankerberg show discussing creation. He repeatedly attacks people's elect status who do not hold to a young earth creationist view. His fruits thus far as I can tell is he has not submitted to the authorities as Paul commands in Romans 13 and is in prison rightfully so because of it. Listen to the recorded tapes of him telling his son to hide money so the government can't find it and then shortly there after crying to the judge saying if the government wants the money they can have it.

Fundamentalism is when people think God's thoughts are theirs. At the heart of this is what the Reformers called "enthusiasm" (God within). This is the view that the believer is fallen EXCEPT when interpreting Scripture. The proof text for this is a twisting of John 16:13 and ignores ALL of the teaching/teacher verses in Scripture. Therefore, the fundamentalist regularly claims that if a person does not hold to their interpretation that other person must not be a believer and be saved.

Is this not your view of exegesis and hermeneutics? From what you've written it sure seems that way.

I'm still praying for your repentance.

boooring
^
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Col. 2:8)

Jesus, the living Word (John 1:1, 14) alone convicts the wicked.

You're claiming that Christ is bearing false witness against you (Isa. 29:16).

boooring: "likely intent of the author"
^
All scripture is GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Tim. 3:16)

God says what God means, and means what God says. God gave man God's Word (Matt. 4:4) so that everyone can understand God, and does not need blaspheming deceivers to explain to them what God actually means.

Yes, context can be very important (e.g. man is not to stone witches anymore - 2 Cor. 10:4), but you have completely failed to demonstrate how any scripture preached herein cannot be relied on without context. You just say so while completely failing to clarify the apparently very different meaning behind what you say God says.

You posted that Prov. 30:5-6 do not apply to the Word of God as a whole, and are preached out of context. Please state your private interpretation of what Prov 30:5-6 means in context.

You preach and abide in all manner of doctrines of men (Matt. 15:8-9) that tickle your itching ears (2 Tim. 4:2-4), from Hebrew scholars to church fathers to your own vain imagination of the christ you've created in your own mind that's just like you, rather than abiding in God, the Word (John 1:1).

Your mockery that you're praying for my repentance is just that.

There are a myriad of lost souls who posted in this thread, none of whom you have cared to edify with the Word, or to pray for their salvation.

On what exactly do you base your claim that you are God's elect?

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (John 12:48)
2/22/13 3:40 PM
ridge hand

boooring: "[Hovind] repeatedly attacks people's elect status who do not hold to a young earth creationist view"
^
You are accusing Christ, the living Word (John 1:1, 14) of "[attacking] people's elect status."

Those who "do not hold to a young earth creationist view" are blasphemers, calling God a liar plain and simple. The wicked always want to subject God to their own private interpretation:

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. (Exod. 20:11)

Hovind is in prison for being a true witness for Jesus Christ, and blasphemer Hugh Ross continues to sell his doctrines of devils in freedom because he is a false witness (1 John 5:19).

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. (John 15:20)

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own (John 15:19)
2/22/13 5:54 PM
boooring

ridge hand:

"You are accusing Christ, the living Word (John 1:1, 14) of "[attacking] people's elect status"

NO I'm accusing YOU of doing it. Again, your thoughts are not God's thoughts.

So not paying your taxes and lying about it later is a true witness for Christ?

Btw, Exodus 20:11 is talking about the Sabbath. The 4th commandment is about honoring the Sabbath. It is not about honoring young earth creationism. Surely you would agree the point of the Decalogue is the commandments. So I'd start there in interpreting Exodus 20.

You make an idol out of your fundamentalism. You should repent and stop bearing false witness against your neighbor.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. (John 15:20)

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own (John 15:19)

2/24/13 10:18 AM
ridge hand

Exodus 20:11 confirms, in no uncertain terms, that God created all in six literal 24 hour days, and rested on the seventh literal 24 hour day and hallowed it.

Based on God's seven day creation account, according to the genealogy in the Bible, the earth is, in no uncertain terms, roughly 6000 years old.

Your private interpretation (2 Pet. 1:20) of Exodus 20:11, wherein you discount what God says in favor of what you say God means is indicative of the gospel you preach. You believe and preach your gospel, not Christ's. I worship God (Mat. 4:4), and you idolize your imagination along with doctrines of men aligned with your own lusts (John 8:37-44).

boooring: "NO I'm accusing YOU of doing it."
^
I preach and believe God (Rom. 4:3), the Word (John 1:1) as commanded by God (2 Tim. 4:2), and the wicked get convicted by the Word alone.

The wicked try to front their shame exposed by God onto those who preach God.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. (Gal. 6:7)

An 'old earth creationist' (2 Pet 1:20, Prov 30:6) complaining against a preacher of God and telling them to repent for 'challenging their elect status' is no different than a practicing homosexual doing same.

neither...effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind...shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Cor. 6:9-10)

You have yet to assert on what basis you are God's elect.
2/24/13 6:10 PM
they through his hat back in
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The greatest sentence ever written -

'the earth is, in no uncertain terms, roughly 6000 years old'.

Religious babble Phone Post
2/24/13 10:11 PM
boooring

Edited: 02/24/13 10:16 PM
ridge hand:

LOL @ private interpretation! I hold the interpretation of the church fathers. Your interpretation is the flavor of the week. I would think this is a troll, but unfortunately I've met fundamentalists like you before.

It is patently obvious you are not familiar with the Framework and Analogical Day view of creation which takes the days in Gen 1 as 24 hours FROM MAN'S PERSPECTIVE. The point of Gen 1 is to convey the 7 day work week for man and the holiness of the Sabbath. It is also patently obvious you are exegeting an English translation, but believe the bible is a "magic" book where original language exegesis is not required. You sound like a King James only guy. Am I right about that?

"You have yet to assert on what basis you are God's elect."

As for that: I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead and confess, "Jesus is Lord". (Romans 10:9)

Funny how Paul doesn't say anything there about the age of the earth.

"An 'old earth creationist' (2 Pet 1:20, Prov 30:6) complaining against a preacher of God and telling them to repent for 'challenging their elect status' is no different than a practicing homosexual doing same."

You've made an idol out of your fundamentalism. You are also very careless in how you handle Scripture. If you think 2 Peter 1:20 is talking about this and not about the confidence of Christ being revealed as the fulfillment of the Old Testament, you're just wrong. Hence ver. 16 just preceding. I'll continue to pray for your repentance. You sound like the Pharisee in the parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee. I can't make that judgment that you ARE like him. That's between you and God. However, I'll warn you that you sound an awful lot like him.

Maybe you can be a powerful witness for Christ by not paying your taxes and lying about it too someday.
2/26/13 11:46 AM
ridge hand

they through his hat back in -  The greatest sentence ever written -

'the earth is, in no uncertain terms, roughly 6000 years old'.

Religious babble Phone Post

You were created by, and will be judged by Jesus Christ whether you like it or not (2 Cor. 5:10).

Cracking jokes cannot save you from God's judgment for the evil you've done (Rom. 3:23), only Jesus can (Isa. 53:5, John 8:24).

You believe you're God and preach your fantasies for doctrine.

That's religious babble.

Jesus Christ, your Creator, is the truth (John 14:6).
2/26/13 11:51 AM
ridge hand

boooring: "I hold the interpretation of the church fathers."
^
Exactly. You abide in doctrines of men (Matt. 15:8-9), instead of God, the Word (John 1:1).

2 Pet. 1:20 and Prov. 3-0:5-6 unequivocally warn against committing exactly your error.

boooring: "Your interpretation is the flavor of the week."
^
I don't have an interpretation. I preach the Word, and you continually argue that the Word does not mean what the Word says.

I take the Word of God seriously, and you take yourself seriously.

Your 'Day view of creation' is just that. You continually subject God, the Word (John 1:1), to the private interpretations (2 Pet. 1:20) of men (Matt. 15:8-9) that align with your lusts (John 8:37-44). You are very impressed with men in robes with big titles as well as your private interpretations…'pharisees' to be sure. I'm impressed by God, the Word.

boooring: "You sound like a King James only guy"
^
I'm a witness for Jesus Christ, and believe God (Rom. 4:3) and his commandment in Matt. 4:4 that man is to live by God's every Word (as opposed to doctrines of 'church fathers,' boooring, or any other sinner taken from the dust of the earth).

The King James Bible is virtually identical to the Dead Sea Scrolls, and is the perfectly preserved Word of God in English. I the LORD do all these things (Isa 45:7). Every word of God is pure (Prov 30:5), add thou not unto his words (Prov. 30:6).

You're an Ephesians 4:14 child:

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive (Eph. 4:14)

boooring: "[you] believe the bible is a "magic" book"
^
The Bible is the inerrant, perfect Word of God. God is the Word (John 1:1). Your statement proves you a scoffer.

boooring: "I…confess, "Jesus is Lord"…"fundies gotta fundie"
^
Jesus Christ is the Word of the King James Bible made flesh (John 1:1, 14, and man is to live and preach Christ (Mark 16:15-16, Matt. 4:4, Prov. 30:6, 2 Tim. 4:2-25).

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar (1 John 2:4)

all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death (Rev. 21:8)

boooring: If you think 2 Peter 1:20 is talking about this…you're just wrong.
^
I don't think anything. I believe God, and you perpetually assert that God does not mean what God says.

boooring: "I'll continue to pray for your repentance."
^
this from a blasphemer who neither preaches Christ to, nor prays for, any of the lost here (Isa 29:16)

the wicked always accuse preachers of Christ as being 'pharisees'' because the light of God, the Word, causes the wicked great pain:

And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? (Matt. 8:29)

boooring: "Maybe you can be a powerful witness for Christ by not paying your taxes and lying about it too someday."
^
unreal

Kent Hovind is one of the great, true witnesses for Christ. You believe the lies spread about him by the prince of the power of the air because you've proven indeed to be a blind (2 Cor. 4:4) servant of the spirit of antichrist (Eph. 2:2).

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. (John 3:7)

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. (Mark 3:29)
2/26/13 1:24 PM
boooring

Edited: 02/26/13 2:11 PM
"I don't have an interpretation. I preach the Word, and you continually argue that the Word does not mean what the Word says."

You're denying the NECESSARY truth that language is an interpretive method. Language requires interpretation. Now I realize the KJV Onlyism denies this and they sound absurd when they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQMmA9qhtZc

You just hung yourself by this. You argument is based on a reductio. That is it quickly reduces to an absurdity.

We do agree that Ken Hovid is known by his fruit. That he's a cheat and a liar.

Game over!

I'll pray for your repentance from your false attacks on Christendom.

King James only - LOL!. What a joke! hahahaha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ld7av-AN9c
2/26/13 2:18 PM
boooring

I would like to ask you something a bit off topic ridge hand. What do you think of the Westboro Baptist Church?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.