UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Rogan going full retard on Noah's Ark

3/11/13 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ridge hand
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

770mdm - 

Not all of us

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? (Isa. 45:9)
3/11/13 3:37 PM
ridge hand

they through his hat back in - "Also you are aware Hitler was a Christian?"
^
Thou shalt not kill. (Exod. 20:13)

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1 John 2:4)

Ye shall know them by their fruits (Matt. 7:16)
3/11/13 3:41 PM
ridge hand

Bjjudo - 
they through his hat back in - Ridge hand - this quote

'dogs produce different looking dogs, but no one has ever witnessed a dog produce a cat because it's impossible and never happened'

shows without doubt you know nothing about evolution or evolutionary processes. Evolution has never suggested what you stated above.

Please go away and do some research and reading in evolutionary theory because you are making yourself look uneducated.

To form a solid argument you must at least understand the opposing perspective. You clearly done not. Phone Post
This^
That statement alone shows how uneducated he is.

And I'm not sure where we came from. But I know it wasn't from a flying spaghetti monster.

Also, since if man came from the same ancestor as apes, why are there still apes.

Then if god created man out of dirt, why is there still dirt? Phone Post

Bjjudo - "And I'm not sure where we came from. But I know it wasn't from a flying spaghetti monster."
^
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart (Eph. 4:18)

either God created life, or life accidentally spontaneously generated itself from a soup of water and rocks...a scientific impossibility

In the beginning was the Word...and the Word was God (John 1:1)

I have made the earth, and created man upon it (Isa. 45:12)

Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. (Eph. 5:14)
3/11/13 3:49 PM
ridge hand

zealot66 - 

You think I am uneducated enough to let your comments slide 'the kjv is the same as the dead sea scrolls'. You  are unknowingly referring only to the Old Testament and the Masoretic text. Do you know how many documents were contained at the site. They all wouldn't fit your version of OT so don't even go therre. The tediousness and replication of the Jewish Scribes IS impressive however you completely are either ignorant or unwilling to address the NT. You know nothing about NT textual criticism and how many variations there are in the Greek Texts extant in the world. Though few are substantive , the only place 1john 5:7 appears is the Latin Vulgate. The papal church of Romes Text to support the trinity. 

Would you like to go toe to toe on the New Testament Greek texts? Probably not because it will destroy your king james version only argument and the rest of your christian cult concepts will fall like a house of cards. Bring your lunch son.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit (Col. 2:8)

Jesus Christ, God made himself and his will to be readily knowable to his creation by God's Word, otherwise God does not exist.

In the beginning was the Word,...and the Word was God....And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (John 1:1, 14)

Every word of God is pure (Prov. 30:5)

As a denier of Jesus Christ who serves the spirit of antichrist (1 John 2:22, Eph. 2:2), you want people to believe that there is no God...that man is God

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt (Ps. 14:1)

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (Gen. 3:19)
3/11/13 5:49 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ridge hand - 
zealot66 - 

You think I am uneducated enough to let your comments slide 'the kjv is the same as the dead sea scrolls'. You  are unknowingly referring only to the Old Testament and the Masoretic text. Do you know how many documents were contained at the site. They all wouldn't fit your version of OT so don't even go therre. The tediousness and replication of the Jewish Scribes IS impressive however you completely are either ignorant or unwilling to address the NT. You know nothing about NT textual criticism and how many variations there are in the Greek Texts extant in the world. Though few are substantive , the only place 1john 5:7 appears is the Latin Vulgate. The papal church of Romes Text to support the trinity. 

Would you like to go toe to toe on the New Testament Greek texts? Probably not because it will destroy your king james version only argument and the rest of your christian cult concepts will fall like a house of cards. Bring your lunch son.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit (Col. 2:8)

Jesus Christ, God made himself and his will to be readily knowable to his creation by God's Word, otherwise God does not exist.

In the beginning was the Word,...and the Word was God....And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (John 1:1, 14)

Every word of God is pure (Prov. 30:5)

As a denier of Jesus Christ who serves the spirit of antichrist (1 John 2:22, Eph. 2:2), you want people to believe that there is no God...that man is God

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt (Ps. 14:1)

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (Gen. 3:19)

You absolutely avoided your proclomation that the KJV is the only inerrant word of god. You have done this because you are afraid to duel this out. You want to tell me that I am trying to tell people there is no God. You know that if you engage me in a factual debate about this you will be confronted with facts that are very unsettling to your faith. You are enraptured and indoctrinated in a cultish mentality and it shows with each word you utter. 

You see if you were to look foolish on one of your statements, then it will cast doubt on the rest of your statements. Its a house of cards. You refuse to defend your ludicrous statements and give me some facts that prove that the KJV of all bibles is the infallibe word of God over and above any other translation and the Greek manuscripts. You've played your hand that your are a very unstable walking robot obviously programmed for years in a church that has robbed you of your mind and logic. 

The fact that you refuse to put forth an argument on what you state to be infallible is at best ignorance at worst absolute fear that you will be proven a FALSE PROPHET and those who are teaching you are megalomaniacs who have you under their spell and are teaching you a FALSE CHRIST JESUS. Wake up!!!!@

Nothing you have or will say on this thread matters if what you say about the KJV is indefensible.

3/11/13 8:56 PM
Ali
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/12/13 2:56 PM
I listened to Hovind's explanations of the flood story in the videos posted by OP. If Caleb or DyingBreed or anyone else is willing to correct or re-write any of these points, please do. Please let me know if you think I missed anything big. I just took quick notes and tried to summarize the main points. They're not all in order of presentation in the video because some points were repeated at different times. Here's what I came up with:

1. Racial differentiation came from the scattering of folks after the Tower of Babel incident.

2. Build a boat rather than kill everyone... why? God wanted to leave evidence. A flood left evidence in the form of fossils. (Satan makes it look like they testify to millions of years, but no.... it's proof of God's judgment, evidence of the Flood).

3. Evolution says "tomatoes turned into people". (Plus: Paley's watchmaker argument... and we knew scoffers would come).

4. Flood was also a good idea because the ark was visible during construction; it gave warning to others to repent as it was being built.

5. Before the flood, "everything lived 900 years".

6. Noah's ark was built to the correct ratio to withstand higher waves than other boats, so that's why Noah survived and no one else

7. A small ark would have given plenty of room for all the animals and the necessary provisions, "he could have brought the babies" (baby animals). "Common sense".

8. Re: Animals -- Noah only needed two of each "kind" not 2 of each species. Variation has occurred in the last 4,400 years. You can develop hyenas and wolves and foxes and coyotes and all breeds of dogs from 2 canines in that time.

9. People were much stronger and could run much farther back then, due to oxygen concentration because of increased air pressure because of the water canopy in the firmament....

10. Pre-flood, people "probably had IQ's of 3 or 400" because of the increased oxygen during fetal development. Increased oxygen comes from doubling the air pressure. Air pressure increases as a result of the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect was produced by the canopy of water in the atmosphere.

11. Animals and people were all vegetarian before the flood. After the water canopy was gone, and air pressure decreased, animals' diets diversified.

12. Insects don't drown, they breathe through their skin and not nostrils. (Presumably the spiracles in their skin has some can act as gills so they won't drown).

13. People scoff at the Bible because of their lusts, they don't want to face judgment or rules.
3/12/13 2:20 PM
ridge hand

Zealot66, though you don't want it to be, it's very simple:

God would make God and God's will to be READILY knowable to God's creation, otherwise God does not exist.

If you contend that God is not the Word in the King James Bible, then who do you contend is God?
3/12/13 2:25 PM
ridge hand

Ali, all doglike animals came from 2 doglike animals, not from "two dogs"

The basis of satanism/evolutionism is that life accidentally spontaneously generated itself from a soup of water and rocks.
3/12/13 2:58 PM
Ali
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/12/13 3:48 PM
ridge hand - Ali, all doglike animals came from 2 doglike animals, not from "two dogs"

I changed number 8, using the word "canines" -- is that acceptable for "doglike animals"? Thanks for your input. Please let me know if you see anything else in my notes that misrepresents the claims.
3/12/13 4:05 PM
robert bentley
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PS: You can't go "Full retard" on Noah's ark. It's all full-retarded out.
3/12/13 4:49 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ridge hand - Zealot66, though you don't want it to be, it's very simple:

God would make God and God's will to be READILY knowable to God's creation, otherwise God does not exist.

If you contend that God is not the Word in the King James Bible, then who do you contend is God?

I dont need to contend anything. The burden of PROOF is on YOU. YOu made the statement and I find it undermines your whole credibility and you faith. You are making the constructs here and Im asking you to prove it. Give me one logical tangible reason the KJV is alone God's infallible word. If you are too lazy to even defend your statements then you aren't worth talking to and have been defeated by default. Your God lost. If you hold this value so highly then you should be prepared in season and out of season to defend your faith. Otherwise you are not a workman approved unto God. You are just  a blowhard

3/13/13 7:01 PM
ridge hand

zealot66 - 
ridge hand - Zealot66, though you don't want it to be, it's very simple:

I dont need to contend anything. The burden of PROOF is on YOU. YOu made the statement and I find it undermines your whole credibility and you faith. You are making the constructs here and Im asking you to prove it. Give me one logical tangible reason the KJV is alone God's infallible word. If you are too lazy to even defend your statements then you aren't worth talking to and have been defeated by default. Your God lost. If you hold this value so highly then you should be prepared in season and out of season to defend your faith. Otherwise you are not a workman approved unto God. You are just  a blowhard

zealot66 - "I dont need to contend anything."
^
Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen (Isa. 47:3)
3/14/13 11:54 AM
Smokemonster
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thou art all stupid for believing this bullshit. Phone Post
3/14/13 4:05 PM
zealot66

Your nakedness is showing by your avoidance of a single issue that goes hand in hand with all your other issues and proclamations. Your shame is evident in your inability to provide one single defense. You should be ashamed in your workmanship as a defender and apologist for the christian faith. Shame on you.

3/14/13 6:36 PM
ridge hand

ridge hand - "If you contend that God is not the Word in the King James Bible, then who do you contend is God?"

zealot66 - "I dont need to contend anything."

zealot66: "your avoidance of a single issue"
^
Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay (Isa. 29:16)
3/17/13 10:03 AM
zealot66

You can qoute all you want but you refuse to answer one question on which basic tenents of your version of christianity lay. If you cannot defend your cultish stance on the KJV version then you are hopelessly lost in terms of your brain. 

If one person thinks you are crazy, don't worry, if Ten people think you are crazy, don't worry about it. If Everyone KNOWS you are crazy, maybe you ought to think about it. 

In your view, 99.9 percent of evangelical and other christians are being led astray worshipping false Gods and reading Satans version of the bible. Doesn't that make you awful special ? Cultish behavior my disturbed friend.

3/17/13 10:05 AM
zealot66

1. Is/was the Latin Vulgate the "word of God"? Why or why not? (Note: the Latin Vulgate was the standard Bible, by which all else was compared, more universally and for a longer period of time than the KJV has been)

2. Is/was the Septuagint (LXX) the "word of God"? Why or why not? (Note: despite its obvious imperfections and inclusion of apocryphal books, the KJV translators still called it "the word of God")

3. Is/was the Geneva Bible, the Great Bible, Matthew's, Tyndale's, etc. the "word of God"? Why or why not?

4. Which edition (year) of the KJV is uncorrupted? Why do they differ, even occasionally in words? (And if your response has to do with printing problems, why would God inspire a perfect translation only to have it corrupted by the printers? The common people would still be lacking an uncorrupt word of God. And how can we know the printing errors were all found, and all properly fixed?)

5. Who publishes the uncorrupted KJV? Cambride, Oxford, Kirkbride, Scofield, AMG, Zondervan, one of the Bible Societies, or one of the many other publishers? Why do they differ slightly, even occasionally in words?
  1. If passages like Psalm 12:6-7 and Matt 5:18 are about the KJV, what did these passages mean in 1610? In 1500? In 500 AD? Do these things, in the original context, have anything to do with a 17th century English translation of scripture?

2. When you encounter an archaic term or phrase in the KJV, or come across a "contradiction", why do you rely on fallible tools (dictionaries, etc) to interpret the infallible?

3. Suppose you lived in the 10th or 15th century. How would you define "preservation" as it related to God's word, so as to not contradict the KJV-only position?

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE "BIG 2" QUESTIONS 
  4. The KJV came out in 1611. Where was the "final authority", the "preserved word of God" in 1610 and prior? Why does the KJV differ from it, and how was it "final" if the KJV replaced it? Explain.

5. If scripture is the sole authority for matters of faith and doctrine, then by what authority should anyone accept the doctrine of KJV-onlyism? Since scripture does not teach the doctrine of KJV-onlyism, is it not then an extra-Biblical doctrine? Why should we accept a doctrine needing a second authority, proclaimed by those who argue that there is only one authority for matters of doctrine in the first place? 

Back

3/17/13 10:39 AM
zealot66

At the basis of your claims lies the EVIL men Westcott and Hort who put together the 1881 edition of the Greek NT that was used for most modern translations. People on your side malign these two men of God and completely fabricate qoutes from the scholars who devoted their life to the study of the Greek NT with honesty and integrity even when it wasn't comfortable within the church. Sometimes the truth hurts. Accusations are dealt with here regarding these two men. BAsically Jack Chick whom i have met in the late 80's started this garbage.

http://www.westcotthort.com/faqs.html

3/19/13 2:36 AM
ridge hand

Zealot66, at the basis of your claims lies the belief that life accidentally spontaneously generated itself from a soup of water and rocks...a soup of water and rocks.
3/19/13 4:11 AM
TheMessiah

In Phone Post
3/19/13 12:14 PM
Ali

ridge hand - Zealot66, at the basis of your claims lies the belief that life accidentally spontaneously generated itself from a soup of water and rocks...a soup of water and rocks.

Near as I can tell he's asking about how to decide about claims to inerrancy given the various editions and translations of the Bible. Has nothing to do with the origins of life.

Or are we on different topics?
3/19/13 4:48 PM
zealot66

Ridge hand, you are obviously mentally challenged. You have not answered my question regarding the KJV at all. If you are wrong about one part of your philosophy, then the rest is a house of cards. I do not believe we evolved out of soup, you just can't think of anything to confirm your belief therefore your faith is useless, wrong, uninspirted, the lies of power hungry men who have led you astray into their power structure and you worship the words of men who tell you what the bible says. You are a fool.

3/21/13 2:05 AM
mcgoogle66
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why am I suddenly hungry for soup?

More to the point...who here thinks Ridge Hand is a product of MANY MANY generations of in-breeding? Not too many generations, mind you...that would blow the whole 6000 year old Earth dynamic completely out of whack.

Honestly, I think the scariest part of this thread is that there actually ARE people that believe Ridge Hand's doctrine out there right now. I pray to the FSM not too many... Phone Post
3/21/13 6:15 PM
ridge hand

Ali - 
ridge hand - Zealot66, at the basis of your claims lies the belief that life accidentally spontaneously generated itself from a soup of water and rocks...a soup of water and rocks.

Near as I can tell he's asking about how to decide about claims to inerrancy given the various editions and translations of the Bible. Has nothing to do with the origins of life.

the scariest part of this thread is that there actually ARE people that believe mcgoogle66's doctrine...a world in which there is no sin, absolute good and evil do not exist, and might makes right is the whole of the law

Ali, deniers of Jesus Christ want people to believe that God left himself to be unknowable, meaning that there is no God (i.e. man is God).

They want to waste time engaging in tit for tat revisionist history minutiae, while simultaneously cowering from the shameful fact that they themselves actually believe the scientific impossibility that life accidentally spontaneously generated itself.

As you'll note, zealot66 still cannot bring himself to state his belief:

[zealot66: "I do not believe we evolved out of soup...I dont need to contend anything."]

which is why I took the liberty of clarifying it for him...he is understandably ashamed

And again, God preserved God's Word for God's creation. or there is no God.

The translation base for the King James Bible is the Textus Receptus, and the KJV is virtually identical to the oldest known biblical manuscripts, the Dead Sea Scrolls.

However, the best evidence that the King James Bible is the inerrant Word of God is that it is.

It's patently obvious that there's a God (Rom 1:20).

It's patently obvious to fearless truth seekers that read the Bible that it contains the perfect Word of God.

The Bible perfectly explains the inescapable reality of suffering and death:

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast...eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life (Gen. 3:17)

new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. (Isa. 42:9)

Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him. (Deut. 4:35)

It's patently obvious that everyone is evil and in need of a saviour (i.e. man cannot save himself through intellect, good works, or by any other means whatsoever). That saviour is the Lord Jesus Christ.

the lost will say and do absolutely anything not to have to be accountable to, and be judged by God who created them

but trying to be crafty and witty cannot save, only Jesus can

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! (Isa. 45:9)

this is not a game, there's a heaven and a hell

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matt. 13:42)

There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked. (Isa. 48:22)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Rom. 10:9-10)
3/21/13 6:23 PM
Bjjudo

ridge hand -
Ali - 

the scariest part of this thread is that there actually ARE people that believe mcgoogle66's doctrine...a world in which there is no sin, absolute good and evil do not exist, and might makes right is the whole of the law

Ali, deniers of Jesus Christ want people to believe that God left himself to be unknowable, meaning that there is no God (i.e. man is God).

They want to waste time engaging in tit for tat revisionist history minutiae, while simultaneously cowering from the shameful fact that they themselves actually believe the scientific impossibility that life accidentally spontaneously generated itself.

As you'll note, zealot66 still cannot bring himself to state his belief:

[zealot66: "I do not believe we evolved out of soup...I dont need to contend anything."]

which is why I took the liberty of clarifying it for him...he is understandably ashamed

And again, God preserved God's Word for God's creation. or there is no God.

The translation base for the King James Bible is the Textus Receptus, and the KJV is virtually identical to the oldest known biblical manuscripts, the Dead Sea Scrolls.

However, the best evidence that the King James Bible is the inerrant Word of God is that it is.

It's patently obvious that there's a God (Rom 1:20).

It's patently obvious to fearless truth seekers that read the Bible that it contains the perfect Word of God.

The Bible perfectly explains the inescapable reality of suffering and death:

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast...eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life (Gen. 3:17)

new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them. (Isa. 42:9)

Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him. (Deut. 4:35)

It's patently obvious that everyone is evil and in need of a saviour (i.e. man cannot save himself through intellect, good works, or by any other means whatsoever). That saviour is the Lord Jesus Christ.

the lost will say and do absolutely anything not to have to be accountable to, and be judged by God who created them

but trying to be crafty and witty cannot save, only Jesus can

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! (Isa. 45:9)

this is not a game, there's a heaven and a hell

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)

And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matt. 13:42)

There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked. (Isa. 48:22)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Rom. 10:9-10)
You do realise that quoting a book compiled in the 3rd century after 300 years of linguistic "phone tag", translated in the 14th century with over 50% translation error, and re written in the 16th century has zero bearing on anyone with any common sense right.

At this point I choose to believe no one is this crazy, and they are trolling Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.