UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Explain this verse in Job to me best you can :)

11/9/12 3:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was timid and afraid to tell you what I know I thought that age should speak and maturity should teach wisdom . But it is a spirit in man and the breath of the Almighty that give him understanding

Explain with precise inclusive detail all the angles and subjects above...then I will contribute Phone Post
11/9/12 11:46 AM
gord96
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/12 11:46 AM
I was gonna type my own reply, then I stumbled upon Matthew Henry's commentary and figured I couldn't really put it any better myself. I usually like to type my own thoughts but this is pretty much spot on.

Elihu professes to speak by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and corrects both parties. He allowed that those who had the longest experience should speak first. But God gives wisdom as he pleases; this encouraged him to state his opinion. By attention to the word of God, and dependence upon the Holy Spirit, young men may become wiser than the aged; but this wisdom will render them swift to hear, slow to speak, and disposed to give others a patient hearing.
11/9/12 12:54 PM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you supply the chapter & verse? 

11/9/12 12:56 PM
gord96
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's Job 32:6-8
11/9/12 3:03 PM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First off your translation is off.

6. Then Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite raised his voice and said, "I am young in days and you are very old; therefore, I was awestricken, and I feared to declare my opinion to you.

There's a difference in saying "Elihu raised his voice" and saying "Elihu professes to speak by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit." 

11/15/12 3:40 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha, totally forgot about this thread. Good post Gord Phone Post
11/15/12 4:51 PM
770mdm

Great post if we dispense of any correct translation.

11/16/12 3:08 AM
DyingBreed

He didn't quote any direct translation...he posted commentary Phone Post
12/9/12 5:36 PM
clean livin'
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good post.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.