UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Mike Brown Fired

11/9/12 1:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
saucylv33
750 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
11/9/12 1:14 PM
saucylv33
750 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to ESPN...

Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown has been fired after a 1-4 start to the season, a source tells ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.

It is not known yet who will take over for him, but a source indicated that it will either be assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff or Chuck Person on an interim basis.

Sources had said earlier Friday that his job would be in jeopardy if the team did not perform well on its upcoming six-game homestand.

The Lakers have had a healthy Steve Nash in the lineup for only 1½ of their five games so far thanks to a leg injury, while fellow newcomer Dwight Howard has acknowledged that he's still recovering from the back surgery that brought a premature end to his 2011-12 campaign and knocked him out of the London Olympics. Kobe Bryant has also been playing through a foot ailment.
The Lakers are off to the worst start in the Western Conference despite carrying the league's largest payroll at just over $100 million, which would trigger an estimated luxury-tax bill at season's end of nearly $30 million.
11/9/12 2:40 PM
Out To Lunch
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew this was going to happen, but not this soon.
11/9/12 3:01 PM
fna
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out To Lunch - I knew this was going to happen, but not this soon.

no shit, tough to get off to a hot start when your starting 5 have little to no chemistry, your newly acquired returning from back surgery center clearly isn't playing at 100% yet, and you lose your all star PG and have to start steve f'n blake in his place.
11/9/12 6:46 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to the game tonight...gonna be interesting. Had to be done, hope this means our season can start turning around.
11/9/12 9:04 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/12 9:05 PM
I hope they go after a big name coach that knows what he's doing, like Jerry Sloan.

Keep hearing that a call might be put in to Phil Jackson...
11/9/12 11:31 PM
EKPOGI
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jackson, Lakers reunite with three-year deal

LOS ANGELES -- Phil and Kobe, together again.

Phil Jackson is back with the Los Angeles Lakers following a breakup that took a year to mend, and back to coaching Kobe Bryant -- a player he once called "uncoachable."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2084948
11/9/12 11:33 PM
EKPOGI
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/10/12 3:21 AM
wolfdeth
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That story was from 2005 bro..

Go support your crappy team Saucy!!!! Leave the winning to the LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!
11/10/12 11:02 AM
MadDog243
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL@ the trollin.

For realz though, your organization is a bunch of fucking idiots if they dont throw a HUGE pile of cash at DAntoni.

This team was born to play that style, and as much as I hate the lakers it would be a damned entertaining team to watch. Not to mention his style plays to the strengths of the best players on that team.
11/10/12 9:56 PM
saucylv33

I wish they would have kept Brown.
11/11/12 8:06 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wont hide and ppl know me that i am not a Lakers fan by any means of the word...however ..that was kinda wild how they let Brown go like that ...

gonna be really pathetic if they get another coach and Lakers dont make the playoff or get ousted in the early rounds.

to make it worst they acquired Dwight Howard which so far = nothing and a wrecked squad
11/11/12 9:03 PM
HenryO

supersaiyan - i wont hide and ppl know me that i am not a Lakers fan by any means of the word...however ..that was kinda wild how they let Brown go like that ...

gonna be really pathetic if they get another coach and Lakers dont make the playoff or get ousted in the early rounds.

to make it worst they acquired Dwight Howard which so far = nothing and a wrecked squad

What are they 5 games into the season and their squad is wrecked?

Once they get Phil they become one of the title favorites once again
11/12/12 12:40 AM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think too much can be taken from the last two games because they were both against shitty teams missing key players BUT at least the Lakers are doing enough to win these games. We definitely need a healthy Nash and Howard to take on any of the top teams.
11/12/12 12:40 AM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah getting Phil back would be pretty big. If there is one guy who can take a bunch of pieces and mold them into a solid contender it is Phil. I'm not so hot on D'Antoni. He's a good coach, but I'm not sure he is the type that can really push a team over that final hump.
11/12/12 3:15 AM
wolfdeth
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dammit!!! Got Antoni!!!! I am disappoint..lol Phone Post
11/12/12 3:42 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/12/12 3:43 AM
D'Antoni gives Nash the best chance to succeed in LA. Plus Kobe seems to like him.

This should fix the offensive woes but what will happen to our defensive issues I wonder?

11/12/12 6:59 AM
PTM2020
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I pretty fricken shocked they didn't hire Phil.   When I heard the news I was blown away.

Defense is a HUGE question mark.  guess we'll just have to outgun everybody, every night.

11/12/12 5:41 PM
MadDog243
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CALLED IT.

at least your team is worth watching now.
11/12/12 10:12 PM
supersaiyan

HenryO - 
supersaiyan - i wont hide and ppl know me that i am not a Lakers fan by any means of the word...however ..that was kinda wild how they let Brown go like that ...

What are they 5 games into the season and their squad is wrecked?

Once they get Phil they become one of the title favorites once again

dwight not 100% and their guard is out and in comes Steve Blake?

then before Phil could get a call thru to Lakers the already snag up D'Antoni with the quickness...doesnt sound like a good combo imo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.