UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 16, episode 9 discussion and fight results

11/9/12 7:26 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
909 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

TEAM CARWIN'S MIKE RICCI (7-2) VS. TEAM NELSON'S DOM WATERS (5-1)

Round 1 - Steve Mazzagatti is the referee. Southpaw Ricci is sharp early with punches and kicks as the pair feels each other out. His movement is sharp, and he's quicker than Dom as he delivers a few powerful kicks to the body. Dom looks for a few takedowns that don't get even remotely close, though he does land a front kick to the face. Dom continues to walk forward and look for opportunities to strike, but Mike is obviously the quicker fighter in the opening round. The pair moves into the clinch in the final minute, and Do  pushes in from the outside. He's unable to really capitalize on the position, and the round ends against the cage.

Round 2 - Dom changes the momentum of the fight with an early takedown. Mike exposes his back as he climbs to his feet, and Dom latches the body and keeps the fight in a clinch against the cage. Another takedown comes shortly after, and this time Mike is forced into guard. Mike works to get to back to his feet as Dom stays tight on the body. Dom isn't doing a ton of damage, but he is controlling the entirety of the frame as time ticks away. He score another takedown with 90 seconds left, but Mike pulls immediately back to his feet. Mike then breaks the grip and reverses the flow with his own takedown. Dom gets back to his feet and immediately switches off the cage and on to his opponent's back in the final minute. Mike looks unconcerned about any submissions, but the round ends there, and it looks like we're heading to a third.

Round 3 - Judges agree with the split in the opening two rounds, and we go to sudden victory. Dom shoots in for a takedown and brings Mike to the floor after avoiding a guillotine choke. Mike scrambles to his knees and then sweeps Dom to his back and sets up in top position. Roy Nelson begs Dom to get back to his feet. He seems to have an opportunity when Mike postures, but he doesn't capitalize. Dom threatens with a triangle choke, but Mike easily pushes the legs aside and again establishes his position. With time winding down, Roy continues to press Dom to get off his back. Unfortunately for him, Mike remains heavy on top and controls the action. Dom brings his legs high again in the final seconds, but he can't establish any real threat. When the bell sounds, it looks like Mike has done enough to take the fight. As it turns out, he has.

Mike Ricci def. Dom Waters via unanimous decision.

read entire article...

11/9/12 7:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
torquemada
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do they bang, bro? Phone Post
11/9/12 8:51 PM
BispingsBritishWrasslin
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tumbleweeds rollin through this thread.
11/9/12 8:54 PM
Loadin76
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BispingsBritishWrasslin - Tumbleweeds rollin through this thread.

Not a single bang could be heard.....bro

11/9/12 9:01 PM
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They need to put forth a better effort recruiting amateurs because we have better fighters at Sakura than half the guys on this season of tuf. Phone Post
11/9/12 10:05 PM
UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaand he snaps...again. Phone Post
11/9/12 10:06 PM
torquemada
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do I even need to say it? Phone Post
11/9/12 10:06 PM
sandmanscomin4u
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just let him bang bro Phone Post
11/9/12 10:10 PM
FCFBlazer

What a fag Phone Post
11/9/12 10:11 PM
demonsurge
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to watch TUF before finding out that FX is now in my area / I have the channel.

UFC's site doesnt even reflect that I can watch it on FX in Quebec. First time watching this show on a friday night.
11/9/12 10:12 PM
torquemada

I try to never disrespect anyone. Especially anyone who actually gets in the ring or cage.

Having said that, he's a Fucking disgrace. He keeps trying to start shit with people still in the competition. Phone Post
11/9/12 10:12 PM
Bad News Garand
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't know Dom was a Marine, it's nice to see vets on the show like him and Secor that aren't so in your face about it. Nothing at all wrong with being proud but sometimes guys use it as a shtick it seems so its nice seeing guys humble about it Phone Post
11/9/12 10:13 PM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does TUF seem so gay this season?  And by that, I mean happy, yeah...right.

11/9/12 10:14 PM
mmavixen
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 
torquemada -  Do they bang, bro? Phone Post

If you let them.

LMCAO

11/9/12 10:17 PM
ranier wolfcastle
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goodness gracious, julian wanted to bang in the house again. never coulda predicted that.

11/9/12 10:23 PM
torquemada

Just heard Julian lurks here.

So do you bang, bro? Phone Post
11/9/12 10:26 PM
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

torquemada -  Just heard Julian lurks here.

So do you bang, bro? Phone Post

Only if someone does let him bang.......bro.
11/9/12 10:40 PM
torquemada

Ricci looks gassed. Phone Post
11/9/12 10:41 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

I like Ricci...only guy this season I wanna watch. I Hope he wins this. Phone Post
11/9/12 10:46 PM
torquemada

Pretty good fight.

They definitely banged, bro. Both looked spent at the end. Phone Post
11/9/12 10:49 PM
Chris27

Ricci won but he gassed, he also lacked killer instinct in this fight. He had opportunities to pass, mount and take the back and he didnt, he was happy just to control on top and get a decision.

He even said this season he is here to win not be exciting and lose.

He was the one guy this season I had hopes for but this fight wasnt impressive.
11/9/12 11:00 PM
GriffinQ
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I get why Nelson told Hill that Ricci wanted to fight him.... It was still a cocksucker move. Phone Post
11/9/12 11:01 PM
GriffinQ
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I get why Nelson told Hill that Ricci wanted to fight him... It was still a cocksucker move Phone Post
11/9/12 11:01 PM
GriffinQ

GriffinQ - While I get why Nelson told Hill that Ricci wanted to fight him... It was still a cocksucker move Phone Post
God damn this app sucks sometimes Phone Post
11/9/12 11:10 PM

GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE - hearing Hill say Ricci 'better keep his hands up' is hilarious

uh dude, you just fought for 15 minutes and threw two punches, dont act like a badass
But...he walks around without a shirt on. That's gotta mean something....right? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.