UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Le: I got lucky

11/10/12 2:48 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Cung Le tells “UFC Postfight Show” Reporter Gareth A Davies how he feels about his victory: “I’ve got to say wow! It’s like a dream. I feel like I’m in a dream right now. Thank you, lord. You know, I just saw him timing my kicks, so I waited for him to punch and then threw that overhead right and I got lucky and hit him.”

Le on the knockout punch: “That was a money punch. I just want to thank my trainer Scott, who had three months away from his family and kids and had to deal with my stuff and my kids, because they are wild. I am just so thankful to be here in China in the first UFC fight. Thanks Dana and Lorenzo for letting me headline their card and, of course, Joe Silva for making this card happen. I want to thank everyone who came out.”

Le on his next move: “I love to do mixed martial arts. I love to compete. If I can do it as long as I live, I‘ll do it. But I know my clock is ticking, so I am just doing my best. I definitely want to take a little vacation before I start training to let my body heal up. You know when I hit him, I felt my shoulder jolt a little, but it was just a lot of adrenaline going.”

11/10/12 2:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CaliKush
363 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good 4 cung Phone Post
11/10/12 2:51 PM
hmb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR LE!

11/10/12 2:55 PM
ChaosOverkill
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 months away from his wife and kids?

Did he go crazy and demand to bang bro??

11/10/12 3:03 PM
SuperFightLeague
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Super Fight League, India's Pro MMA Org.

rather be lucky than good.

11/10/12 3:10 PM
alkysmurf
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still very modest. I don't think "luck" has allot to do with years of dedication and preparation.

"Luck is when preparation, skill and opportunity meet"- somebody famous Phone Post
11/10/12 3:12 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I rememeber people used to say Chuck Liddell was a lucky puncher too. Cung is being very humble,but there is no such thing as a lucky punch. Cung was timing Rich the whole time,you could easily see it. He landed that punch masterfully right on the button,amazing punch. WAR ICEMAN CUNG LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/10/12 3:15 PM
ajsr
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rich threw a kick and dropped his left hand for what seemed like an eternity.
11/10/12 3:15 PM
catgobling

pretty good power for a small asian dude, i wouldnt want to take one of his kicks
11/10/12 3:24 PM
Mattapooh
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He seems like such a great dude, I enjoy his fights. Phone Post
11/10/12 3:29 PM
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt

Cung Le has been a part-time fighter , yet he competes with the best IN THE WORLD in-between making movies, and wins most of the time.
11/10/12 3:31 PM
StrikeforceSupporter

I wanna see Cung get his win back from Wanderlei. Cung was so out of shape for that fight. If Cung is motivated, and in shape, he can easily smash Wanderlei. I'd like to see him get that loss avenged, then take on a current top 3 MW in the UFC whoever that may be when the time comes.
11/10/12 3:41 PM
Poindexter
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well-timed counter against some bad technique from Franklin. Not luck. 

11/10/12 3:47 PM
short round

Another terrible headline from the UG. Way to take another quote out of context. Le was being modest, and the UG took it way too seriously.
11/10/12 4:07 PM
Argo

You can have skills and prepare all you like. But it's still lucky to hit that small spot where you knock a guy into next week with one shot.

People tend to not notice/register the many hundreds of similar situations where the punch is missed.
11/10/12 4:20 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cung Le is one of the biggest what-ifs fighters. Imagine if he would haven gotten into MMA earlier and actually trained/fought full time instead of interrupting his training to do movies

11/10/12 7:32 PM
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt

maybe it was lucky? He called it an overhand right when it was a clear right hook.
11/10/12 8:02 PM
Escopeta
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh, he's just self-deprecating/trying to be humble. That was a simple right hook counter after a low kick. Pretty textbook but well-timed. Nothing lucky about it.
11/10/12 8:24 PM
RayRaysFunhouse
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's just being modest, which good for him. I'm a huge Rich Franklin fan and it broke my heart to see him crumpled up like that, but it wasn't luck. Just a very well timed counter.
Good for Cung, not good for my poor math teacher... Phone Post
11/10/12 8:40 PM
ufcman187

I love how humble Rich is and hated to see him go down the way he did. I did however become a Cung fan. The fight may not have been action packed but the KO was brutal and Le came across as a real class act. A+ fighters with A+ personalities
11/10/12 9:36 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luck counts too.
11/10/12 9:43 PM
UnbreakableT
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jerry Sandusky for Pope 2012 -

Classic UG blog twisting of the emphasis.

voted down.

Ya no shit Phone Post
11/11/12 5:53 PM
stonepony

Wasn't lucky at all. Rich left himself wide open. Cung will land that every single time.
11/11/12 6:14 PM
hmb

Throw a Conduit kick like that and drop your hand with the MACK truck, and that's what happens.
11/11/12 7:06 PM
StrikeforceSupporter

To ppl saying that was a "lucky shot" -GTFO. Le is one of the best strikers to EVER come into MMA. Rich was dumb enough to sit in their and trade. Also, the replay shows us all well enough how precise he landed that, and with an educated reaction. It was perfectly timed, it almost looked like Le was teaching a class on how to defend yourself from an attacker. That was a 101 class move, obviously rich missed class that day.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.