UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> After win, Kim wants rematch with Maia

11/11/12 11:41 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In his post-fight interview with FUEL TV, Kim was asked if he has anyone in mind for his next opponent. After all, UFC Matchmaker Joe Silva is a big fan of fighters helping him with his job by simply speaking their minds and calling out prospective foes.

Kim didn't disappoint. His answer was short but sweet.

"Demian Maia."

read entire article...

11/11/12 11:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Gaspare
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont blame him, and its a rematch ill gladly watch Phone Post
11/11/12 1:15 PM
BispingsBritishWrasslin
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia by sub
11/11/12 1:16 PM
Jonesbonedpage

Mia sould be fighting Fitch or some1 higher up the division than stun gunn ! Kim did do very well tho to beat thiago like that !! Phone Post
11/11/12 1:17 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna see that fight really bad.  I think it will look a lot like Maia/MacDonald.  Just crazy grappling all over the place.

11/11/12 3:28 PM
JOESONDO
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too soon Phone Post
11/11/12 3:36 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Maia is much higher up the ladder and needs to fight a top 5 opponent next.
11/11/12 3:44 PM
gambatte

Edited: 11/11/12 3:47 PM
I want to see this fight. First one was a bit of a fluke, and with the way both Maia and Kim have fought recently.... Oh man I would probably watch this if it were the main event.
11/11/12 4:03 PM
garrote
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He deserves it. Phone Post
11/11/12 4:23 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Maia is much higher up the ladder and needs to fight a top 5 opponent next.

Well if you take the previous Maia fight out of the equation, DHK's only loss is to the interim champion.  The Maia fight was just a fluke injury.  DHK is very overlooked and I think he deserves a shot just as much as Maia.

11/11/12 4:26 PM
caseharts
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respectfully Maia needs to lose one and dhk needs another win. Maia just subbed story. Phone Post
11/11/12 4:47 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
NorthFromHere - Maia is much higher up the ladder and needs to fight a top 5 opponent next.

Well if you take the previous Maia fight out of the equation, DHK's only loss is to the interim champion.  The Maia fight was just a fluke injury.  DHK is very overlooked and I think he deserves a shot just as much as Maia.

Kim isn't being overlooked. He has won six decisions (plus one finish) over mid level competition. Paulo Thiago (1-3 last four before Kim) is his biggest win in the UFC.

In his last fight Maia finished Rick Story who holds wins over Johny Hendricks and Thiago Alves.

As far as WW ranking goes, Maia and Kim are miles apart.
11/11/12 5:36 PM
The Ghost of Eatonbeever
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As dominant as Kim was this weekend, I see Maia sunning him with ease, thiago gave up way to easy and wasn't even trying to counteract Kim in the third round. And I'm a thiago fan Phone Post
11/11/12 6:57 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunately, he's not going to get it right now. Maia wants Diaz or Fitch, so I'm assuming if Koscheck gets Nick, he'll be fighting Fitch next. Phone Post
11/11/12 7:07 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia by sub. Phone Post
11/11/12 7:08 PM
Ruin

Maia is on a different level, DHK would try to out grapple him and fail
11/11/12 7:14 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia has earned his shot against the top drawns of the welterweight division. But Kim is a freaking beast. I am not that sure that Maia would sub him with ease. It will be difficult for the UFC the find a good match up for Kim at the moment (even though the division is so stacked) . Ellenberger would have been a good pick but with his lose to Hieron Kim really deserves a better opponent.

I am pretty sure they are going to make Kos Diaz just because of the marketability of the fight. So i guess he has to hope that either Rory comes out of his bout with BJ unscratched or he might have to fight someone like Hardy (i dont think the will make Fitch Kim unless it is somewhere in Asia again).

Still i have Kim knocking at the door of top five at the moment if he isnt already.

11/11/12 8:30 PM
Naughty Gorilla

He'll work Maia
11/11/12 8:44 PM
JSMHP
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder ellenberger beat Hieron
11/11/12 8:58 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JSMHP - fightharder ellenberger beat Hieron

11/12/12 1:21 AM
NorthFromHere

MMAViking.com
Kim vs Pierce? If Kim can outgrapple Pierce then I'm impressed.
11/12/12 2:01 AM
KC007

Does DHK want another rib injury ? Phone Post
11/12/12 2:08 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Maia is much higher up the ladder and needs to fight a top 5 opponent next.
. Phone Post
11/12/12 2:08 AM
BrunoMcGyver
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Kim vs Pierce? If Kim can outgrapple Pierce then I'm impressed.

Pierce is fighting the Polish Pistola in Australia next month
11/12/12 7:02 PM
MartialArtsMixed
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kim deserves this fight after how the last fight ended with a freak muscle spasm. Let them fight in asia for the rematch, i'll bet the house on Kim.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.