UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> WoW has run it's course IMO

11/11/12 2:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jacinto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MOP has been very underwhelming and the Pandaren race is ridiculous. I am GM of a Lvl 25 guild but i just don't think i am gonna stay on the game. I wish someone would come out with a new MMO that could replace this game.
11/11/12 2:58 PM
FloridaStriker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

only one MMO left to come. Well two but im not even sure it will be any good. CCP's world of darkness
11/11/12 3:29 PM
Zanzoken
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started WoW about two months ago, my first MMO. I am up to level 55 with a paladin and have had some fun with the game, but it's been over a week now since I logged in. Just really don't have the desire to keep grinding all the way up to level 85 or 90 or whatever level you start getting to do the big raids and end-game content.

WoW has its fanbase and will be around for a long time yet, but it seems like the game could be so much more if they just cut down on the time intensiveness and boredom of leveling.
11/11/12 5:10 PM
1st Round Armbar
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did similar to zanzo a couple of years ago, got a mage to 49 (70 was the cap at the time I think) got bored, played a Warlock up to about 45ish then just stopped playing.

started again a few months ago, got a druid to maybe level 11 before getting bored. it's just too time consuming, the hours you have put into it to get to top level is crazy and most players think that getting a character to the top level is beginner stuff Phone Post
11/11/12 5:15 PM
CWH
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I quit WoW a few months after Cata came out. I was a PvP only player. Lvl 85 Undead Arms Warrior.

I haven't played any other MMOs except Aeon which I quit after the first month.

I will be trying out Elder Scrolls Online next year.
11/12/12 3:14 AM
Squatdog

FloridaStriker - only one MMO left to come. Well two but im not even sure it will be any good. CCP's world of darkness

Don't jinx it like you did with SWTOR...

11/12/12 4:16 PM
Nexuscrawlers
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like the new expansion, but i also prefer leveling to end game content. There are such a wide varety of things to do and ways to play, that for me it takes a long time to get sick of it.

11/14/12 1:15 PM
le

Vanilla was good, BC was amazing. Wotlk was alright, cata was absolutely horrible, the downward slope has been steep and I've yet to try MoP.

I don't know why they keep trying to rebuild the game. Just make a new game/storyline with as much excellence as vanilla wow, people will play. Phone Post
11/14/12 1:59 PM
invalid
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually like the World of Darkness lore. The Masquerade game they made years back (after it was patches) was incredibly underrated.

That said, as fun as the WoD MMO might be I dread the kind of hardcore fans it's going to attract
11/14/12 2:52 PM
Jons Forsberg

lmao you think?
11/14/12 3:04 PM
invalid
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry, I was busy feeding my pet raven Azrael. Did you say something?
11/15/12 1:00 AM
gregbrady
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought somebody bumped this thread from 2007
11/15/12 7:20 AM
Meech
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I left WoW for WAR and kinda lost my gumption for MMO's after that game flopped.

The open world PvP was awesome, but the devs fucked shit up pretty bad. Everyone left.

Tried to log in to my WoW account recently and it appears someone else may have ganked my account. Didn't feel like going through the trouble of retrieving it. Last time I played was a while after TBC came out.
11/17/12 4:43 PM
Choochy
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm enjoying mop more than Cata. Cataclysm was an abortion. Phone Post
11/17/12 5:23 PM
CWH
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Choochy -  I'm enjoying mop more than Cata. Cataclysm was an abortion. Phone Post

The only reason I enjoyed Cata before I quit is because they gave back the PvP players ability to gear their toons without having to raid for weapons like in Wrath. Fuck I hated that!!!
11/19/12 12:29 AM
vRuthless

Ive been playing since Vanilla and still am. I do agree its prime has past. WoTLK had to be my fav xpac. Great story(esp if you played WC3), great raids and dungeons that were of relevance to the main factor: Arthas. I loved the PvP back then (the talents the zones). Also it was quite challenging with lots of world pvp fun and the questing. The area's seemed to really give you that cold,death atmosphere that the Lich King is suppose to present. When Cata came out it sold so much in so fast. I think Blizzard really slacked and weren't passionate in Cataclysm. It was like a gold mine to them. They didn't care how they mined the gold just as long as they got it (bad analogy lol). I think with MoP they show more passion then they did with Cata but it's still no WoTLK and no BC. I would really love if Blizzard made WoTLK, BC and Vanilla realms only. Keep to the same talents, races and everything the exact same as it was back then. But I don't see this happening because if people stay to a vanilla server they aren't selling the xpac's.
11/19/12 8:01 PM
Choochy
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CWH -
Choochy -  I'm enjoying mop more than Cata. Cataclysm was an abortion. Phone Post

The only reason I enjoyed Cata before I quit is because they gave back the PvP players ability to gear their toons without having to raid for weapons like in Wrath. Fuck I hated that!!!
Ahhh. I gave up on PvP after they took out the ranking system way back in Vanilla. Still have the Warlord title on my warrior.

I hated everything about Cataclysm. Like Wrath with Naxx, I said fuck it after having Nefarian again as a raid boss in opening content.

Only thing I'm not liking about MoP so far is the amount of dailies. Between Lotus, Shado and the other 4 hubs you can spend 3+ hours a day doing them if you're trying to complete them all at once. Phone Post
11/19/12 8:06 PM
Choochy

vRuthless - Ive been playing since Vanilla and still am. I do agree its prime has past. WoTLK had to be my fav xpac. Great story(esp if you played WC3), great raids and dungeons that were of relevance to the main factor: Arthas. I loved the PvP back then (the talents the zones). Also it was quite challenging with lots of world pvp fun and the questing. The area's seemed to really give you that cold,death atmosphere that the Lich King is suppose to present. When Cata came out it sold so much in so fast. I think Blizzard really slacked and weren't passionate in Cataclysm. It was like a gold mine to them. They didn't care how they mined the gold just as long as they got it (bad analogy lol). I think with MoP they show more passion then they did with Cata but it's still no WoTLK and no BC. I would really love if Blizzard made WoTLK, BC and Vanilla realms only. Keep to the same talents, races and everything the exact same as it was back then. But I don't see this happening because if people stay to a vanilla server they aren't selling the xpac's.
This would be great... hopefully in another 2-3 years they will release a progression server like EQ1 did. Roll through the expansions on 4-6 months release timers. Phone Post
11/19/12 11:32 PM
Granpa
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you like WoW but are sick of the dated graphics and easy-mode, I think you should try Rift.  I recently got the new expansion and the game is tailored to MMO veterans.   I love the graphics and costume design in Rift.  Here's my toon at level 54.  This is just quest gear, not even dungeon gear:

I think Rift has the best group PVP of any MMO out there, better than Guild Wars 2 (and you guys know how much I love Guild Wars 2).  The reason the group PVP is so good is that Trion has done a great job of balancing the classes, in addition, you are not going to get 2-3 shotted by anyone regardless of gear discrepancy.   No class does ridiculous damage and no class has ridiculous survivability.  It's all very balanced and takes being a good player to succeed.  

That said, Guild Wars 2 completely spoiled me in regard to questing.  I'm finding Rift's questing right not to be brutal and boring by comparison. But once you hit end-game the game just takes off, which is the opposite of Guild Wars 2, which hits a wall once you reach cap because the dungeons are terrible and the PVP can be frustrating if you're not a ranged class.  Rift's raid encounters are amazing, and as I said, the group PVP is superb.

If you've still got a hankering for MMO's I suggest you give it a shot.

11/19/12 11:39 PM
Choochy

Granpa -

If you like WoW but are sick of the dated graphics and easy-mode, I think you should try Rift.  I recently got the new expansion and the game is tailored to MMO veterans.   I love the graphics and costume design in Rift.  Here's my toon at level 54.  This is just quest gear, not even dungeon gear:

I think Rift has the best group PVP of any MMO out there, better than Guild Wars 2 (and you guys know how much I love Guild Wars 2).  The reason the group PVP is so good is that Trion has done a great job of balancing the classes, in addition, you are not going to get 2-3 shotted by anyone regardless of gear discrepancy.   No class does ridiculous damage and no class has ridiculous survivability.  It's all very balanced and takes being a good player to succeed.  

That said, Guild Wars 2 completely spoiled me in regard to questing.  I'm finding Rift's questing right not to be brutal and boring by comparison. But once you hit end-game the game just takes off, which is the opposite of Guild Wars 2, which hits a wall once you reach cap because the dungeons are terrible and the PVP can be frustrating if you're not a ranged class.  Rift's raid encounters are amazing, and as I said, the group PVP is superb.

If you've still got a hankering for MMO's I suggest you give it a shot.

Could care less about how a game looks. My favorite mmo that I still play looks like DOOM 1, Meridian 59.

I played Rift quite a bit at launch and have been debating going back to it or a private UO shard when i get bored again.

Didn't like GW2 at all, played it for maybe 2 hours and gave the account away. Phone Post
11/21/12 1:01 AM
Ceelo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love rift, they did it right. I want to go back but currently dabblin with MoP.

12/4/12 9:37 PM
The Governor

GUILDWARS 2 is the shitz try that bro Phone Post
12/4/12 11:59 PM
Granpa
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guild Wars 2 leveling is far, far superior to any other MMO out there. It's fun, rewards you for doing EVERYTHING, has a crafting system that is actually fun, creative, and also rewarding.. but once you hit end-game, it just kinda takes a nose dive. The PVP is one giant zerg-fest that will take your PC's graphics to the limit and make it cry, the dungeons are quite lame by comparison and totally not worth doing (I can craft items that are on par with what drops from the best dungeons).

Rift is the opposite. The questing is Korean grindy, boring, repetitive. But the PVP is a blast because it focuses on small skirmishes, not one giant zergfest like GW2, and you're not going to get two-shotted by any class. A warrior feels like a warrior. You don't want to stand in front of one and trade blows. A rogue feels like a rogue. Stealthy, sneaky. A mage feels like a mage, shoving magic up your ass if you're not quick. The raids in Rift are beautiful and creative. It's where the game really shines. Very similar to WoW's raiding but with current-gen graphics.

So if you like the leveling portion of MMOs and rolling alts, then I would recommend GW2. If you're willing to put up with dreadfully boring questing for some great end-game PVP and Raids, then go with Rift.

IMO.
12/5/12 2:08 PM
Jacinto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Bless Tim Tebow - I'm starting World of Warcraft on Sunday. I'm wondering if you guys could give me some tips?

Don't lol.

Seriously though it is a time killer as you just seem to lose track of it while you are playing. I still enjoy the game even though i believe Blizz needs to come up with a new an improved MMO at this point. I have made alot of friends on there that i now know in real life. The more i have played MOP the more i have liked the expansion as someone said above it is much better than Cata. I would still like to see a MMO based on The Walking Dead though lol.
12/5/12 3:33 PM
dangerboy12
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they are supposedly working on something called Titan

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.