UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping-I think people are warming to me, a little

11/11/12 2:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

It's because of this old-school ‘anywhere, anytime' attitude, plus his open mockery of TRT, that Michael Bisping has begun to notice a shift in public perception that can only properly be described as a minor miracle. Bisping, long one of the most hated men in the sport, still hears his fair share of boos, however these days they're not quite as overpowering as they used to be.

"I like to play with it and say I'm hated everywhere I go," said Bisping with a smile on The MMA Hour. "But to be honest, that isn't the case. I think you get a lot of people together, and there's a pantomime effect, the ol' boo or whatever. But generally, for the most part my interactions with the UFC fans, they're always positive.

"Certainly on Twitter, everyday I almost get 20 messages with people saying, ‘You know, I used to absolutely hate your guts, and now you're one of my favorite fighters.' So that's nice. Obviously it's always nice to be appreciated. But it's not necessarily anything I've consciously done or changed. I think maybe, just over time, people are warming a little. Who knows?"

Read entire article...

11/11/12 2:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RandyDarsh
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheers to Michael

i have lost and gained respect for him over the years.

id like to see him finally get his

11/11/12 2:55 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Bisping, I've been dissapointed with his occassional brain farts but overall can't hate him

11/11/12 2:57 PM
RandyDarsh
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He means business

11/11/12 2:59 PM
Joe_Drogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's authentic. That's what people like about him.
11/11/12 3:42 PM
I AM A MOFO
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am one of those people warming to him.

I think for me it was partly that he fought so many overmatched opponents and I thought he shouldn't be so cocky considering. However, I now realize it's not his fault, and even if he's offered a Vitor or Chael, he takes it just the same (even on short notice).

So there was ONE of my biggest knocks against him flushed down the toilet.
11/11/12 3:46 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Good to see some positivity regarding Mike. Phone Post
11/11/12 4:07 PM
Mattapooh
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I stopped disliking him after the Chael fight. He fought impressively and took the loss extremely well. Phone Post
11/11/12 4:13 PM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mattapooh - I stopped disliking him after the Chael fight. He fought impressively and took the loss extremely well. Phone Post
That's the fight that showed his talent. Beating a gassed Mayhem shows nothing but that fight showed a tough and much improved fighter. Phone Post
11/11/12 4:39 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

nick diaz nut hugger -

I posted this in another thread but I didn't see the UG News one, so I'll post it here, too.

Bisping = true fighter. He fought Chael Sonnen on eight days' notice and arguably beat one of the top wrestlers at 185 when he was preparing for one of the top jiu-jitsu guys (if not THE top) in the UFC, and he didn't even blink when deciding whether or not to do it.

He brings it every single time. Not only that, his physical conditioning is reaching full retard levels. He doesn't get tired and throws a fuckload of punches. If you don't prepare for a three round-round fight against Michael Bisping, you end up like Mayhem Miller.

This is my favorite thing about Bisping - he's REAL. He gets the promotional aspect of the sport, but he's still a real fucking fighter. He is down to fight anywhere at any time (though obviously he wouldn't intentionally mess his career up by getting in a fight at a weigh-in). You don't see this with many guys these days. Most fighters are so wrapped up in promoting themselves that they're not real fighters. Every time Bisping has a staredown, my heart beats like a motherfucker, because you can feel the authenticity in the guy with his body language/facial expression. This is something truly special about the guy.

If the UFC had more fighters like Michael Bisping, MMA would be that much more awesome.

Great post. Phone Post
11/11/12 4:39 PM
Mattapooh
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist -
Mattapooh - I stopped disliking him after the Chael fight. He fought impressively and took the loss extremely well. Phone Post
That's the fight that showed his talent. Beating a gassed Mayhem shows nothing but that fight showed a tough and much improved fighter. Phone Post
Not just talent and abilities, he showed some heart in that fight which I've never really seen from him. He fought his fucking ass off and proved he belongs with the top guys in the division. Phone Post
11/11/12 5:16 PM
Foob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The more time passes the more i like him. WAR Bisping!
11/11/12 5:18 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan Phone Post
11/11/12 6:23 PM
AZKIEL
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RandyDarsh - 

cheers to Michael

I really like this post.

...I also dig that glass.
11/11/12 6:24 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started liking him right after the UKTT fell apart.

11/11/12 6:39 PM
B0NESAW
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping is incredibly overrated..

loses to a TUFer - Rashad
a former strikeforce fighter - hendo
a former WEC fighter - chael
& a guy with a 4-7 UFC record - Wanderlei
11/11/12 6:51 PM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B0NESAW - Bisping is incredibly overrated..

Rashad - undefeated going into that fight and former LHW champ - one of the best 205ers in the world (has been top 10 for years)
Hendo - Only fighter to hold two belts in two MMA organizations at the same time. Only man to KO Fedor. Consider by most to be top 5 all time, if not top 3.
Chael - Record has some scuffs on it but easily one of the best 185ers in the world, and easily the most dominant wrestler in the division. (A lot of people argue Bisping won that fight)
Wanderlei - obviously past his prime but one of the best of all time, and can still give anybody problems today with his striking style (aggressive and wreckless)
All losses to former champions or top ten fighters.
Was never dominated (KOd by Hendo) or destroyed in any fight and always brings it every time. Phone Post
11/11/12 7:03 PM
InspiritMick

MasterofMartialArts -

Rashad - undefeated going into that fight and former LHW champ - one of the best 205ers in the world (has been top 10 for years)
Hendo - Only fighter to hold two belts in two MMA organizations at the same time. Only man to KO Fedor. Consider by most to be top 5 all time, if not top 3.
Chael - Record has some scuffs on it but easily one of the best 185ers in the world, and easily the most dominant wrestler in the division. (A lot of people argue Bisping won that fight)
Wanderlei - obviously past his prime but one of the best of all time, and can still give anybody problems today with his striking style (aggressive and wreckless)
Was never dominated (KOd by Hendo) or destroyed in any fight and always brings it every time. Phone Post
I think he is trolling / being ironic in that the list is actually full of studs......

To be honest I give 9/10 to Bonesaw on that post. It's pretty funny and he got a bite. Will vote up when at my computer! Phone Post
11/11/12 7:05 PM
RandyDarsh

AZKIEL - 
RandyDarsh - 

cheers to Michael

I really like this post.

...I also dig that glass.

One upvote to you homie ;)

11/11/12 8:29 PM
B0NESAW

InspiritMick - 
MasterofMartialArts -

I think he is trolling / being ironic in that the list is actually full of studs......

To be honest I give 9/10 to Bonesaw on that post. It's pretty funny and he got a bite. Will vote up when at my computer! Phone Post

I love how MasterofMartialArts goes on and on explaining to us how great Hendo, Rashad, Wanderlei, and Chael are..

some people are so clueless
11/11/12 9:30 PM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B0NESAW -
InspiritMick - 
MasterofMartialArts -

I love how MasterofMartialArts goes on and on explaining to us how great Hendo, Rashad, Wanderlei, and Chael are..

some people are so clueless
I'm clueless?
There are plenty of people on here that would say the same thing you did - and they think Bisping is overrated. Not hard to believe that. Phone Post
11/11/12 10:11 PM
Gullivers Travels
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to hate Bisping but don't dislike him anymore. He always comes to fight and for some reason doesn't irritate me anymore. Maybe there are just other fighters that are more annoying now.
11/11/12 10:36 PM
The Overseer
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle -
nick diaz nut hugger -

I posted this in another thread but I didn't see the UG News one, so I'll post it here, too.

Bisping = true fighter. He fought Chael Sonnen on eight days' notice and arguably beat one of the top wrestlers at 185 when he was preparing for one of the top jiu-jitsu guys (if not THE top) in the UFC, and he didn't even blink when deciding whether or not to do it.

He brings it every single time. Not only that, his physical conditioning is reaching full retard levels. He doesn't get tired and throws a fuckload of punches. If you don't prepare for a three round-round fight against Michael Bisping, you end up like Mayhem Miller.

This is my favorite thing about Bisping - he's REAL. He gets the promotional aspect of the sport, but he's still a real fucking fighter. He is down to fight anywhere at any time (though obviously he wouldn't intentionally mess his career up by getting in a fight at a weigh-in). You don't see this with many guys these days. Most fighters are so wrapped up in promoting themselves that they're not real fighters. Every time Bisping has a staredown, my heart beats like a motherfucker, because you can feel the authenticity in the guy with his body language/facial expression. This is something truly special about the guy.

If the UFC had more fighters like Michael Bisping, MMA would be that much more awesome.

Great post. Phone Post
Agreed, amazing post. Phone Post
11/12/12 1:14 AM
ausgepicht

His anytime, anywhere [unless they are top ten] attitude? Easter bunny shits Cadbury eggs too.

11/12/12 2:36 AM
Frobenius

ausgepicht - 

His anytime, anywhere [unless they are top ten] attitude? Easter bunny shits Cadbury eggs too.

LOL. He doesn't decide who the UFC offers him. He would fight anyone.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.