UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Star wars old republic

11/11/12 8:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AdamStewart
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just picked this game up for $10, since it's going free to play on the 15th. Does anybody have the game? Any tips or who to play as? Phone Post
11/11/12 8:48 PM
gord96
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight or Bounty Hunter/Trooper. Heavily armored classes.
11/12/12 2:59 AM
Squatdog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jedi Knight and Bounty Hunter story sucks balls.

Being a total dick to people as a Sith Warrior or Imperial Agent is where it's at.
11/12/12 8:05 AM
AdamStewart
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking Jedi knight/sentinel route, why does the story suck? Phone Post
11/12/12 9:11 AM
gord96
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/12/12 9:35 AM
I can't comment on the JK story. I heard it starts slow but gets really good later on. I did hear the Jedi Consular story was lame though.

Bounty Hunter story is awesome IMO and solid all the way through from what i hear. Imperial Agent is supposedly one of the better story line, same with the SI and SW.

The reason I said go with one of the heavy classes is because unless you plan to PvP quite a bit while leveling, the game gets a bit grindy in the later parts. I found the scoundrel/operative weren't the best for that, but I PvP'ed alot on my scoundrel so that offset it a bit. BH/Trooper, SW/JK can just mow through enemies without dying so it's better to level with I found.
11/12/12 10:47 AM
AdamStewart

I don't plan on playing pvp until later I'm going to stick to pve Phone Post
11/12/12 4:32 PM
BigWilliam
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a decent game with some flaws. But the end game content sucks balls and it is impossible to find teams. Once I got my Sith Warrior to 50 I bailed.
11/12/12 11:44 PM
Squatdog

gord96 - I can't comment on the JK story. I heard it starts slow but gets really good later on. I did hear the Jedi Consular story was lame though.

Bounty Hunter story is awesome IMO and solid all the way through from what i hear. Imperial Agent is supposedly one of the better story line, same with the SI and SW.

The reason I said go with one of the heavy classes is because unless you plan to PvP quite a bit while leveling, the game gets a bit grindy in the later parts. I found the scoundrel/operative weren't the best for that, but I PvP'ed alot on my scoundrel so that offset it a bit. BH/Trooper, SW/JK can just mow through enemies without dying so it's better to level with I found.

I thought the Bounty Hunter story was lame as hell.

Sith Warrior basically involves you raping and pillaging your way across the galaxy on the way to a spot on the Sith Council.

Imperial Agent is a more understated story, with lots of twists and turns.

Agent and Warrior have some of the best companions too.
11/12/12 11:46 PM
Trojan Rubber Guard
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a level 50 Sith Sorceror that I got The Infernal and The Unyielding with and then got server first Nightmare Pilgrim and server first HM Denova. During all this our guild was constantly losing raiders and our supply of randoms to recruit on the server was dwindling since the server was dying. Eventually everyone quit and very few of us came back for server transfers. AFAIK no one stuck around more than a month after that. I'll probably give the game another shot with f2p but I have since started and stopped playing The Secret World which I really did enjoy but endgame is incredibly grindy.

Anyway nearly all classes are viable so just choose what you feel fits your playstyle.

11/13/12 7:42 AM
AdamStewart

How many characters can you have? Can I start one, and if I don't like it. Pick a new one? Phone Post
11/13/12 11:31 AM
BigWilliam
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are a number of character slots, I think I had at least 4.
11/13/12 2:32 PM
theseanster
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squatdog - Jedi Knight and Bounty Hunter story sucks balls.

Being a total dick to people as a Sith Warrior or Imperial Agent is where it's at.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

11/13/12 2:33 PM
theseanster
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck it I just renewed mine, I think I've spent enough time away for it to be fresh now for a month or so

11/13/12 2:33 PM
theseanster

AdamStewart -  How many characters can you have? Can I start one, and if I don't like it. Pick a new one? Phone Post

Where are you rolling Adam?

LOL there's only like 10 servers now

11/13/12 2:51 PM
gord96

theseanster - 
AdamStewart -  How many characters can you have? Can I start one, and if I don't like it. Pick a new one? Phone Post

Yeah they merged em all and created 'super-servers' with higher caps. They also added an LFG feature. And the best new feature.....unify gear color to chest piece!

Truth be told, they should have just made this game a single player game. That's all it pretty much is to me.
11/13/12 10:24 PM
Squatdog

The only thing I miss is the casual PVP.
11/13/12 10:45 PM
AdamStewart

theseanster -

I have to wait till it's free to play, like 2 more days Phone Post
11/13/12 10:52 PM
Squatdog

I even made an EPIC highlight video:

11/14/12 10:05 AM
AdamStewart

cool vid. i voted you up

11/17/12 12:10 AM
theseanster

playing this weekend

11/17/12 7:16 AM
Squatdog

Downloaded a gigabyte of patches and attempted to play.

How the FUCK am I supposed to PVP without a second bar? These dipshits think they'll get people to PAY for a basic functionality that comes as standard in most MMOs?
11/17/12 7:51 AM
Sam Lowry
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm was almost tempted for a minute. If I can be sure that no more money is going to George Lucas I could possibley part with a tenner...

dunno if I can do it. It's still star wars, they had enough of my cash already.

Are any of the other free MMOs any good these days?
11/17/12 9:02 AM
gord96

Edited: 11/17/12 9:13 AM
That's crazy they limited the UI for F2P.
11/17/12 10:15 AM
Langolier
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gord96 - That's crazy they limited the UI for F2P.
What?! Won't be back for sure now. Phone Post
11/17/12 11:32 AM
theseanster

They locked the fucking UI???? Hahaha douschebags. I actually paid for 30 days so I didn't notice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.