UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> (OG100K) C# Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners

12/23/12 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theseanster
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I pay the 29 per month. As a developer you have to keep learning, it never ends.

12/23/12 10:44 PM
Tom O'BJPenn=Legend
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B17 - 

Man I tell ya.  That video #6 really is a beast.  I get the if, else if, and else statements but after that he loses me.

Ive watched it three times now too, lol.

Back to 8/9 for now.  I should get to 10 as well.

How are you doing Tom?

Also, Sean, how helpful would you say that C# book is?  Does it fill in some gaps pretty well?

I've pretty much only reveiwed the last few weeks.  I am in the process of finishing one job, moving, and starting another all in the next month.  Starting this week though I get vacation so I'll start back up.  The next month or so slows down and I can devote time back to it.  I'm still in!

12/24/12 10:01 AM
reagan123
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fyi. Pluralsight has a phone app for watching videos on your phone. Not sure if you've seen it or not. Phone Post
1/1/13 10:48 PM
Spoonie Luv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what do you think of these certs Seanster?
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=2&thread=2111205&page=1#post-42630848
1/2/13 1:56 PM
theseanster
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a Network / Infrastructure pro. I recommend asking big_slacker about it, he is very knowledgable about that stuff Phone Post
1/17/13 12:38 AM
falkofire
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In
1/19/13 12:16 PM
theseanster

Guys, take advantage of this just to see what's interesting to you. Free 1 day training to some of THE best content available

http://blog.pluralsight.com/2013/01/17/see-what-everyones-talking-about-get-a-free-pluralsight-day-pass/ Phone Post
1/21/13 11:00 AM
theseanster

For those of you who have completed all 24 videos and feel good about where you are, please start on the MVC training on this thread:

(OG100K) ASP.NET MVC w/ C#

1/21/13 12:23 PM
awesomestprime
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
1/22/13 12:32 AM
Herbish1
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in, thanks!
1/22/13 10:14 AM
unique_devil
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Late but IN!!

1/22/13 3:36 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
636 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub

1/22/13 4:25 PM
falkofire
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello World ? Phone Post
1/22/13 6:06 PM
falkofire

Are these notes im taking on terminology going to benefit me in the long run? Or will this be second hand after a few lessons of writing code ? Phone Post
1/22/13 9:36 PM
theseanster

Don't stress it too much. You have to google a lot to build apps anyway. Take in what you can Phone Post
1/24/13 10:08 AM
theseanster

Make sure you stop once in a while and try to write your own little console apps. Maybe even as simple as counting to 100, taking user input and spitting it out. You'll be doing a lot coding for the MVC section Phone Post
1/24/13 10:12 AM
Jons Forsberg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are these certs and the internship project all one needs to start applying for jobs on the field? at entry level how much can someone expect to make?
1/24/13 3:47 PM
falkofire

Moving on to lesson 8 - really enjoying it overall, already starting to correct some of my own mistakes in coding

Thanks again Sean, I'm enjoying my newfound hobby Phone Post
1/25/13 3:15 PM
falkofire

I've been having some pc issues trying to update this vintage xp machine to debug some of this code... Checking around for a new machine

Just curious what the pros thoughts on minimum system requirements for these courses so im not always just crawling by? Phone Post
1/25/13 7:02 PM
falkofire

ClayPackedB17'sFudge -
falkofire - I've been having some pc issues trying to update this vintage xp machine to debug some of this code... Checking around for a new machine

Just curious what the pros thoughts on minimum system requirements for these courses so im not always just crawling by? Phone Post
Anything with Windows 7 will work. They will all have at least 2gb of ram. Ideally you want 4gb.

When away from home I rock it in a virtual machine, VMware fusion, on my Macbook, with the virtual machine only accessing 2gb. Phone Post
This classic machine that I'm running is

AMD Athlon 64
2.20 GHz, 768MB of Ram

My question is.... Can I get by if I upgrade to 2gb of ram - or should I say fuck it and get some basic $350 set up? Phone Post
1/26/13 11:11 AM
unique_devil
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah if it's a 32bit OS which it can support up to 4gb. Phone Post
1/26/13 2:31 PM
theseanster

Jons Forsberg - are these certs and the internship project all one needs to start applying for jobs on the field? at entry level how much can someone expect to make?
It is very progressive the first five years. I'd suggest taking low salary for your first job and only keep it for a year. Then start contracting. After about 3 gigs you'll be at 6 digits. Keep the 3 gigs down to 3-6 months. Phone Post
1/26/13 2:32 PM
theseanster

falkofire - Moving on to lesson 8 - really enjoying it overall, already starting to correct some of my own mistakes in coding

Thanks again Sean, I'm enjoying my newfound hobby Phone Post
Right in man. Keep it up. If I can do it anyone can Phone Post
1/26/13 2:35 PM
theseanster

ClayPackedB17'sFudge -

Hey Sean,

What do you think of this site: http://www.w3schools.com/

Im really not liking Python at school and I think web based coding is where I am most interested.  Im going through the HTML course now.  Next I think I will hit the CSS.  

Just curious as to what you think.

I think I can have the C# vids done by the end of Feb.

It's a great site and HTML and CSS is an absolute must. At least understand inline styles from which you can build CSS.

JQuery is also another must. I plan on having everyone being dangerous with it to manipulate DOM elements and make AJAX calls in the MVC course Phone Post
1/29/13 7:56 PM
LegendCM
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just wanted to thank you Sean for starting this, hopefully I will learn something.

I have done the first 8 videos, and I think I am getting the basics. What I am wondering is does he ever give you any projects to do. I think it would be very helpful in reenforcing the concepts he is teaching.

I have done my own little projects, but concept specific project would be best.

Maybe someone else who has created there on project could share what they did.

Thanks again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.