UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Discrimination in gyms

11/12/12 11:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
factsoflife
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/12/12 6:13 PM

Over the past years and months, equal rights in sports have been a hot topic resolved by many sports federations, companies, and nationwide organizations. Social status, gender and race are the main areas protected in such equal rights programs. Equality depending on sex-related orientation however is still a taboo in some cultures and therefore not resolved as much as it should be. Homophobia in sports is still happening in this day and age. There is still a long way for an equal field in sports for all people regardless of their sexual orientation. Members of the LGBT community, specifically the gay population, who play masculine activities such as basketball or soccer have experienced discrimination. These people, however, do not experience discrimination when they are playing sports or activities that are associated with women such as dancing and ballet. I read [url]http://gayexercise.com/uncategorized/discrimination-against-lgbts/[/url] that joining an LGBT-discrimination free gym is a solution to prevent discrimination against members of the LGBT.
11/12/12 12:16 PM
Leigh
762 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather train with a bender than an asshole Phone Post
11/13/12 12:45 AM
Chocolate Shatner
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And how would a LGBT friendly gym be any fucking different than half the gyms in New York nowadays anyway?
11/13/12 1:44 AM
Chocolate Shatner
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, and how is soccer not associated with women? For fuck's sake, in the US, that's what everyone thinks of soccer. It's a chick sport. Men play football.
11/13/12 3:11 AM
kindofawesome

Chocolate Shatner - Oh, and how is soccer not associated with women? For fuck's sake, in the US, that's what everyone thinks of soccer. It's a chick sport. Men play football.
Women and children sport. Phone Post
11/13/12 3:45 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Men play rugby.. Phone Post
11/13/12 4:50 AM
LordSeano
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't think I have ever been in a gym that wasn't full of poofs. Staying in shape seems to be a big part of their lifestyle Phone Post
11/13/12 11:02 AM
vermonter
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TF? Pics???

God... it's like no one knows the rules anymore.

PS: I know you lurk here lawlor. You can't hide from this thread.
11/13/12 11:04 AM
vermonter
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PPS. What a weird first post from the OP...
11/13/12 11:30 AM
MarsMan
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP should post this gay shit on the OG...no one can discriminate him there.

11/13/12 4:25 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/13/12 5:36 PM
Walbert

Edited: 11/13/12 5:38 PM
I discriminate against people that curl in the squat rack, people that read on the treadmill and people that stop a set to text.

I will add more later but I need to burn a cross on the front lawn of an orange dude.
11/13/12 8:47 PM
HULC
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chocolate Shatner - Oh, and how is soccer not associated with women? For fuck's sake, in the US, that's what everyone thinks of soccer. It's a chick sport. Men play football.

Men play football - the sport that actually involves kicking a ball with your foot the entire match. Sissies dress up up in plastic armour and prance around for a few seconds at a time before resting.

*sits back and waits...*
11/13/12 9:49 PM
Chocolate Shatner

HULC - 
Chocolate Shatner - Oh, and how is soccer not associated with women? For fuck's sake, in the US, that's what everyone thinks of soccer. It's a chick sport. Men play football.

Men play football - the sport that actually involves kicking a ball with your foot the entire match. Sissies dress up up in plastic armour and prance around for a few seconds at a time before resting.

*sits back and waits...*

So what you are saying is that European men are as masculine as American women and children?

Gotcha.
11/14/12 6:26 AM
Leigh
762 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Walbert - I discriminate against people that curl in the squat rack, people that read on the treadmill and people that stop a set to text.

I will add more later but I need to burn a cross on the front lawn of an orange dude.

Only homosexuals do curls, so you are in fact discriminating against gays
11/14/12 10:55 AM
Taku
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ CS about Football (USA) Vs Football (Rest of World). Being a Football player (Rest of World) myself, I have to say that I feel it is a great sport. It also happens to be the sport with the highest participation world wide. CS, do you know what number 2 is? JUDO!

Discrimination is unfortunate on any level. It certainly is not limited to the LGBT community. There are many types of descrimination.

TAKU <---gets along with almost everybody.

11/14/12 5:21 PM
Chocolate Shatner

Taku,

As a practicioner of said #2 sport, it pains me to see such real men as you wasting talents and testosterone in a chick and kids sport. LOL.
11/14/12 6:13 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

American football should change its name to Concussion-ball.
11/14/12 7:45 PM
Taku
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/14/12 7:49 PM

Hey CS,

LOL@ that...

I actually have not played the girls sport in years, but did play in college and spent a a couple years trying to make it in the MISL (<---Dating myself by naming that organization) after college. Got paid to play for one year...injuries made me take a break.

TAKU

P.S. Greatest Player of All Time

Watch No 5. and tell me how he did that...WOW!

11/15/12 3:24 AM
Chocolate Shatner

TAKU,

Good on ya, mate. Getting money for playing a sport, even one like soccer, is cool. I was never able to with American football, just didn't have the body for it. When you're only 183 cm and 95kg in high school, not many universities are gonna look at you, especially when you play offensive line (to compare, the average professional offensive lineman is about 200 cm and weighs in the 135-150 kilo range).
11/15/12 10:05 AM
Taku

419...Agreed about the re-name.

TAKU

11/15/12 10:06 AM
vermonter

183 cm and 95kg

English motherfucker, do you speak it? Maybe you should play soccer. And move to europe.

We don't take kindly to foreign talk round these parts.
11/15/12 11:02 AM
Leigh

vermonter - 
183 cm and 95kg

English motherfucker, do you speak it? Maybe you should play soccer. And move to europe.

We don't take kindly to foreign talk round these parts.

English is the language of England and his post makes perfect sense to me ;) He's just over 6' and about 210lbs
11/15/12 11:05 AM
Taku

Or about 15 stone for you English blokes.

TAKU

11/15/12 11:10 AM
Leigh

Lol correct

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.