UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva won't be calling out GSP at UFC 154

11/12/12 1:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/12/12 1:08 PM

Sounds like he still wants the fight... but at the end of next year.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/17525-anderson-qi-definitely-wont-be-calling-gsp-out-at-ufc-154q

via GloboEsporte.com 

“I am on vacation from fighting, I think I will return only in the end of the next year. I have personal projects ongoing. Tomorrow I’m embarking to Los Angeles to attend the arrangements of the academy we’re setting up there,” he said.

“I will go to Los Angeles and then I will go to Canada for UFC 154. I’m going to stay there to film an action movie that me and Lyoto will participate in [along with Steven Seagal]. But it is not my character to step in there and call somebody out. So I think this won’t happen. I fact I don’t just think, I am sure!” he explains.

“My focus is on my personal projects and on the fight versus Georges St-Pierre. If the UFC wants to make an ínterim bout while I am away, it is up to them. I don’t know if it will have any meaning but they can do whatever they want. I am in a comfort zone, so I am not concerned about it,” he said.
11/12/12 1:08 PM
Shroom Haze
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he doesn't want to fight jones because of they are in different weight classes but wants to fight GSP? my head hurts Phone Post
11/12/12 1:09 PM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The saga continues.

BOOOO-Tang, BOOOO-Tang

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

The plot thickens.

How will goku spin this into shitting on Anderson is the real question... Phone Post
SugaFoot
920 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that sucks.
BillyRayChubbs
798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trying to start up some shit between fighters = The UFC

Trying to live a peaceful life, and be a real martial artist = Anderson Silva

11/12/12 1:20 PM
Brigham
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

End of next year??? Interim middleweight title then? Phone Post
11/12/12 1:32 PM
orcus

Edited: 11/12/12 2:09 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -  The plot thickens.

How will goku spin this into shitting on Anderson is the real question... Phone Post

Obviously he is ducking GSP now.

11/12/12 1:36 PM
MadmanGadman
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand he's at the end of his career and is looking for super fights, but I think maybe he should vacate the title. It's kind of unfair to the fighters who are working hard for a title shot.
If he wants to retire as the champ I'm sure he could get fast tracked right to the title shot.
I just don't want to see these fighters screwed out of a chance of being in a title fight and for them getting a chance at a big pay day. Phone Post
11/12/12 1:43 PM
dahosse
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - The plot thickens.

Lol Phone Post
11/12/12 1:44 PM
clattymine
524 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL ... "I fact I don't think!"  awesome.

11/12/12 1:46 PM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cant wait to see how the UG news spins this one.
11/12/12 1:53 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

He will be there for a reason. Maybe just coincedence that he is filming a movie there but we will see soon enough.

It is unlike Anderson, just like GSP, to "call out" anyone. If the UFC puts him in the cage after it will likely be just as awkward as "I am not eeeempressed" was...The UFC probably wants a "call out" though.

11/12/12 1:55 PM
imesser

GSP probably wont fight until the end of 2013 anyways. He usually fights like once a year. This could give GSP time to gain the weight the right way hah.
11/12/12 2:03 PM
likatiga
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imesser - GSP probably wont fight until the end of 2013 anyways. He usually fights like once a year. This could give GSP time to gain the weight the right way hah.

GSP has never fought only once per year. Except for his recent injury, he's twice a year at least.

He'll fight again March or April I bet.
11/12/12 2:09 PM
Frobenius
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It COULD give GSP that chance to put the weight on the 'proper way'... comes back, proves he's still king of WW then goes and packs on the pounds, maybe with a warm up fight against a small MW in the mean time.

Not going to happen, but it would cool.
11/12/12 2:14 PM
HenryO

Wouldnt surprise me to see UFC make Vitor/Bisping for interim belt winner then fight Weidman/Boestch winner. Whoever came out of those 4 would then set up a pretty big fight with Anderson
11/12/12 2:15 PM
Porkchop74
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 -  Silva deserves a vacation but its a shame we won't ever see him vs Weidman that would be epic and Weidman has all the tools to win. Phone Post

Why he has only had 2 fights a year the past 4 years . With training camps included . He gets plenty of vacation time ! need to fight if he is taking a year off for vacation then they need to put an interim champion or strip him of the belt like they did Mir when he was injured
11/12/12 2:22 PM
zazen br

*sigh*

It pains me but lately Anderson's attitude been really reminiscent of the old Boxing stars. He has the cash and the influence, and basically, can do whatever the hell he wants.

Which includes cherry picking fights and absurdly long layoffs while he gets money elsewhere.
11/12/12 2:37 PM
ufc98newb
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zazen br - *sigh*

It pains me but lately Anderson's attitude been really reminiscent of the old Boxing stars. He has the cash and the influence, and basically, can do whatever the hell he wants.

Which includes cherry picking fights and absurdly long layoffs while he gets money elsewhere.

you may have hit the head of the nail with this, and to take it further, this is probably another ploy by Anderson to tell Dana "if you want me to fight, show me the money" Sure he gets paid well, but Anderson Silva Money is not Floyd or Pac money. 

All this means is if Dana wants to put on something huge in the middle of the year, Silva gets more $$$$$$$$$

11/12/12 2:58 PM
Tilla

Didn't I tell you guys that this man is another Floyd Mayweather?

THE END OF 2013? 13 MONTHS AWAY? What a con artist.

There is NO EXCUSE that you can make up for his actions. None whatsoever.

Won't fight his No.1 challenger
Wants to fight a WW
Will fight @ 205 but doesn't even fight a top 10 opponent

Some of you are downright STUPID to come off with this vacation bollocks. It;s not like he is fighting 4 times a year or is injured.

Ridiculous behavior.

11/12/12 3:01 PM
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

End of 2013..are you fucking kidding me? Also funny how that's when Jones said he might move up to heavyweight....
11/12/12 3:01 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just twisting the story. In the unlikely event that GSP wins, he will callout Anderson and everyone will go "oooooh"
11/12/12 3:02 PM
1800champagne

Anderson can do whatever he wants. Good for him.
11/12/12 3:03 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. If must be tough to deal with him as a promoter. I mean, Father Time is knocking, AS should fight more, not less!!! I know he can make money elsewhere but as much as if fighting? Highly doubt it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.