UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> women defending themselve

11/12/12 9:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jrrrrr
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone here that teaches self defense have any youtubes of women defending themselves(not instructional, but real) against men well?

I help teach a krav maga class at a community ctr. I don't know KM, but I help the instructor hold pads, help him show how to do disarms etc. I have more formal training, but he teaches for free and I get to learn MA from a different viewpoint.

As most all the class members have no MA background I've sent some emails of fights/SD situations from youtube so that the class has a better educated viewpoint. Most fights are of men against men. I'm looking for women defending themselves against men so that the women stay motivated.
thank you for your help.
11/13/12 9:45 AM
Joe Maffei
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jrrrrr

First, get rid of the KM teacher. If you have to offer a better educated viewpoint or motivate them, what's the other guy there for?

Women are tough to teach because their values and belief system is contrary in role compared to men.

Good luck with that one...;-)

Remember we are all animals, and the female of species are more tenacious for protecting their young
therefor their end game is similar in movement but differs in motivation....but there are heshe's that cross over to the mans world represented in sport fighting. there is a separation from practicality to fair play.

Different parts, different machine.....

Read and watch my thread "How humans fight" Movement is movement and survival is survival, what you are taught and trained doesn't mean that is how you will respond and move when your brain (sub conscious mind) thinks other wise.

11/13/12 9:46 AM
Paul Hopkins
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/12 7:42 AM
11/13/12 4:05 PM
jrrrrr
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The instructor was a former marine and actually went to Israel to cert certified at the Wingate institute. He knows the combatives, but isn't at great at teaching body mechanics.
I'm kinda the opposite. I'm very good with body mechanics and technique, but as I don't get into "real" fights (vs sparring) the exposure is interesting to me. He has a whole bunch of knife/gun disarms that are interesting.

Paul, not exactly what I was looking for,but good for the young girl.
Thank you
11/14/12 3:26 AM
markijkd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is a Woman Instructors Perspective -

www.dr-ruthless.com

M...
11/14/12 9:24 AM
Joe Maffei
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This lady is a 50/50 bet. Not very good odds when your life is on the line. Half of what she offers is real good. And half of what she offers sucks She has managed to get a whole lot of press but the program is a cheap fake as an over all program..

Paul I do agree that gender matters not as far as movement and mechanics are concerned. However do to social up bringing and values and beliefs the Female has been conditioned to follow certain rules as far as appropriate behavior is concerned. ( How little girls should act). This mental programming is hard wired in and is very difficult to break.
11/14/12 2:42 PM
jrrrrr

Most women that I have trained with either do boxing/kickboxing fitness class or do a class for self defense. Very few women do it as a source of enjoyment and just to learn for oneself. Women don't have a dimmer switch with violence where as we have no problems in sparring against each other and getting a pizza afterward. My kali class has one women out a score of guys. Just an observation...
11/14/12 3:04 PM
Paul Hopkins
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/12 7:43 AM
11/14/12 4:06 PM
Paul Hopkins

11/14/12 4:13 PM
Paul Hopkins

11/28/12 4:13 PM
Stickgrappler
1102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FWIW, here's another site:

http://mommyandmeselfdefense.com/index/
11/29/12 5:00 AM
cm81
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't usually post here, but...

BJJ. Because whether they like it or not, when women are attacked they are grabbed and forced to the ground. Also, most rapes are done by people they know, so they have already let their guard down in the first place.

Other than this, learn to use a weapon and carry it.

Women (and people in general) should have realistic expectations. They won't be able to hit hard enough and they are too fragile to strike with most men. Real life is not like an Angelina Jolie movie. Forget all that Krav shite, it will only turn on their attacker, who if serious about his assault is not going to let his ego down even if ball-kicked or eye-poked.
12/23/12 7:28 AM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First be Rhonda Rousey; Laila Ali; Lucia_Rijker.

Can you teach a 30 y.o. female, liberal arts major, pampered lifestyle to defend themselves against a male or even an 19 yo ghetto female?

You can teach the 'what', but put most females on the ground in rape position (guard and mount) and they'll pack up and leave the class.

The new generation of female BJJ blue belts and up - excellent.

The new generation of Crazy Monkey female students - excellent

ditto - female wrestling, judo students.

Two years in a female-only class including grappling from the start, then move to a regular class with similar weight guys, but slow-rolling only. Harvest those for your SD students, teach them weapons. Kill box test them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.