UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Your favorite pre-fight trash talk that backfired?

11/13/12 9:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"GSP, he's a B-level fighter" - Frank Trigg...GSP went on to destroy him and make him look like an amateur.

"He'll outwrestle me?? lol Georges St-Pierre will outwrestle me? I've been wrestling since I've been five years old. That's my world. He's not going to beat me on the ground." - Josh Koscheck...GSP went on to outwrestle him, en route to a one sided decision.

11/13/12 9:43 AM
epwar
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm going to send him back to Japan where the competition is a little easier" - Chris Leben pre-fight talk on Anderson Silva

11/13/12 9:47 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let us use gifs to illustrate the points.

11/13/12 9:52 AM
Big Pun
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leben also asked what Silva intended to do when Silva hit Leben in the face with his best punches and Leben kept on coming. Turns out, wasn't really an issue hahaha.

Best pre fight trash talk has to go to either Tony Bonello against Ninja Rua when Bonello came out and kept yelling "FUCK YOU" to Ninja...before getting worked over badly.

Or maybe to that roided out guy Thompson? The guy who went nuts and came flying across the ring to try and take on Aleks Emilienko...only to get absolutely destroyed.

Honorable mention to all those guys out there who say "I have never been knocked out/submitted in my life". That's a long list.
11/13/12 9:58 AM
Sparkysmith
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 for Bonello. What made it better was how ninja pretty much laughed at him the whole time he was doing it. Phone Post
11/13/12 10:06 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum

“He’s got a weak chin, and I have heavy hands.” - Nate Quarry on Rich Franklin

11/13/12 11:18 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Til the death
You're a quitter
-Penn before having to forfeit going into the 5th round with GSP after getting dismantled Phone Post
11/13/12 11:19 AM
RicoVelasquez
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So much backfire with Chael trash talking Anderson. Phone Post
11/13/12 11:23 AM
ranier wolfcastle
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chael indeed

baroni talked an assload of trash on frank shamrock before getting outstruck and choked out. all that talk made watching the fight much more fun

11/13/12 11:26 AM
Periodik
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every Brandon Vera fight where he claims he's a "new fighter"
11/13/12 11:26 AM
Bill Pharoni
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -  Til the death
You're a quitter
-Penn before having to forfeit going into the 5th round with GSP after getting dismantled Phone Post

this
11/13/12 11:27 AM
StrikingMMA
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping before the Hendo fight:

“I think I’m going to be too quick for him and I don’t think he is going to land that big shot. I don’t see Dan Henderson, no disrespect to 38 years of age, but he’s gotta be slowing down and I don’t think he is going to catch me with it.”
11/13/12 11:54 AM
RicoVelasquez
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^
Yeah that's a good one too. Phone Post
11/13/12 12:08 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dwight K Schrute - Great thread. In Phone Post
This! Phone Post
11/13/12 12:10 PM
timmyboy1233
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
11/13/12 12:17 PM
Wee Bey Jr
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The videos that mesh the trash talk and the actual fights between Hendo/Bisping an Leben/Silva are priceless. Phone Post
11/13/12 12:17 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StrikingMMA -

“I think I’m going to be too quick for him and I don’t think he is going to land that big shot. I don’t see Dan Henderson, no disrespect to 38 years of age, but he’s gotta be slowing down and I don’t think he is going to catch me with it.”
This one is my absolute favorite lol Phone Post
11/13/12 12:19 PM
Big Pun
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, every Ken Shamrock fight ever
11/13/12 12:22 PM
UGCTT_warjimmiller
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kongo mir Phone Post
11/13/12 12:24 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wee Bey Jr - The videos that mesh the trash talk and the actual fights between Hendo/Bisping an Leben/Silva are priceless. Phone Post
Someone please post the Hendo/Bisping one, can't find it. Phone Post
11/13/12 12:29 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum

StrikingMMA - 

Classic. You can add more Bisping/Hendo trash talk:

"I'm gonna be the first person to KO Dan Henderson."

"I’ve been playing the ‘UFC 2009 Undisputed’ game as myself against Dan Henderson as part of my mental preparation"

- Michael Bisping

11/13/12 12:37 PM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The most rewarding I think was Hendo versus Bisping.

But GSP really owns this category. First Koscheck fight, he outwrestles him. Second Kos fight, he clearly hates him and he systematically and mercilessly breaks his face. Much more, though, BJ accuses him of not being a real fighter, of being a coward, and of being a quitter.

GSP makes him quit.

Doesn't get worse than that.
11/13/12 12:54 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In hindsight, I thought it was really funny that Tito said Randy was too old to beat him... in 2003 lol. Just because Randy dominated him and then still fought at a high level for several more years Phone Post
11/13/12 1:02 PM
Steve4192
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The clinch is my sweet spot"

Rich Franklin before the first Silva fight after being asked if he was worried about Anderson's Muay Thai plum.

11/13/12 1:04 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -

"The clinch is my sweet spot"

Rich Franklin before the first Silva fight after being asked if he was worried about Anderson's Muay Thai plum.

He's talked about that fight as being the biggest mistake of his career. Not because he lost his title, but because he just can't believe how dumb he was with gameplans and opinion of Silva going into it. He thought the clinch was where he would dominate that fight Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.