UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Your favorite pre-fight trash talk that backfired?

11/13/12 1:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's hard for me to take most of these seriously. Almost all of this is just some pre thought out lines to hype a fight, it's pretty obvious they don't mean any of jt Phone Post
11/13/12 1:30 PM
91W209
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -

Donald Cerrone: "100% in my mind I will defeat Nate Diaz."

(Cerrone on Diaz) "If he makes it to the second round, he's lucky."

(Image below from AFTER 2nd round, just before 3rd)

I'm a big fan of Cerrone, but I was hella happy watching this fight live. Diaz bros come to fight! Phone Post
11/13/12 1:31 PM
UGCTT_Song2
729 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On Friday night, at the MGM Grand, right here, when the gate shuts and the bell rings, Tito Ortiz is going to find out what Ken Shamrock is all about. I guarantee that. So if I was you, I hope to God you come ready, ’cause if you don’t, I’m going to beat you into living death."

11/13/12 1:36 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  It's hard for me to take most of these seriously. Almost all of this is just some pre thought out lines to hype a fight, it's pretty obvious they don't mean any of jt Phone Post

...says the guy who's trying to ruin the thread

Even if I was, that changes nothing about the validity or truth about what I said :)

And I contributed to the thread, not ruining anything. Some people look like fools with the trash talk, Leben vs Silva always makes me laugh. Phone Post
11/13/12 1:39 PM
radiobaby
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/13/12 1:48 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This might just be me....

But Ross Pearson seems actually made at G-Sot.

I know the fight is not for a while,
but I am interested for that one.

11/13/12 1:51 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

radiobaby -

This! Is! Perfect! Phone Post
11/13/12 1:53 PM
Res Non Verba
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to top this.

11/13/12 2:01 PM
guardbr8kr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“When you’re in there with me I get you to skip to my Lou and you WILL skip to my Lou,”
11/13/12 2:04 PM
Samoa
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - Til the death
You're a quitter
-Penn before having to forfeit going into the 5th round with GSP after getting dismantled Phone Post
Im a huge Penn fan......but this

"To da fit round Georges. To da fit round!!"

- BJ Penn Phone Post
11/13/12 7:49 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do like Penn but I dod also enjoy

"They do not have much to work with, they just have Frankie Edgar"
-Before Edgar vs Penn 2 Phone Post
11/13/12 8:17 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger Huerta "Truth is, I'm never going to lose." before the Kenny Florian fight. Ends up losing 6 out of his last 7 fights. Though you could argue he only said that because he was told to for the promo.
11/13/12 8:19 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StrikingMMA - 
Bisping before the Hendo fight:

“I think I’m going to be too quick for him and I don’t think he is going to land that big shot. I don’t see Dan Henderson, no disrespect to 38 years of age, but he’s gotta be slowing down and I don’t think he is going to catch me with it.”

Little did Bisping know, Hendo had TRT up his sleeve! :D
11/13/12 8:32 PM
Boofhead3
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice thread ttt! All of the quotes are all good Phone Post
11/13/12 9:17 PM
Octogod
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - Roger Huerta "Truth is, I'm never going to lose." before the Kenny Florian fight. Ends up losing 6 out of his last 7 fights. Though you could argue he only said that because he was told to for the promo.
This Phone Post
11/13/12 9:22 PM
Jack Skellington
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boys! You're missing the best one!

Pat Smith before his fight with Ken Shamrock at UFC 1

Before the fight? Pat said that reason he would win UFC 1 was because he was "impervious to pain".

Loss 0-1 United States Ken Shamrock Submission (heel hook) UFC 1 01993-11-12November 12, 1993 1 1:49 Denver, Colorado, United States UFC 1 Tournament Qualifying Round

11/13/12 9:23 PM
Jack Skellington
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

check mate

11/14/12 1:52 AM
Rabid Bunyip
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everything from lookoutawhale's GSP/Bloodsport parody.

Chael "Happy meal black belt" comment before being tapped by AS.

Plus Hermans "Jiu Jitsu doesn't work" jibe before Nog. Phone Post
11/14/12 2:25 AM
SugaFoot
923 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Leben vs. Anderson for me
11/14/12 2:37 AM
ortoPsy

on TUF a few years back when a fighter (cant remember his name) said he was gonna smash a dudes teeth in. he got a knee to the face himself and a few of his own nashers fell out. epic shit talkin fail Phone Post
11/14/12 3:18 AM
simonpe

In Phone Post
11/14/12 4:56 AM
sexybutt69

Ninja/Bonello is my personal favorite.
11/14/12 9:52 AM
Periodik

Wu Massacre - So is it bad if I say Bisping-Rivera

Shamrock - Tito was probably one of the funniest, not only was it funny as hell, but the way Tito cracks up is great

Can't really say Bisping-Rivera due to Jorge landing over and over on Bisping in the first round. Momentum of the fight obviously turned after Rivera got blatantly kneed while grounded.

JBJ get's dq'd for 1 12-6 elbow but Bisping gets handed a tko win after cheatin' like a mofo.
11/14/12 4:24 PM
Brian Davis

I'm not gonna read through this thread because the only obvious answer is Sonnen constantly trahsing Silva and losing twice to him and the second time in devosating fashion.
11/14/12 4:24 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/14/12 4:29 PM

The following is probably my favorite of all:

TkDwn - Here's some facts for you, JUDO is NOT MMA I believe Ronda Rousey has yet to be challenged in MMA, I'm not going to be kind to her face & I believe when she's on her back my ground n pound & elbows will be a game changer for Miss Rousey She has a great armbar from mount but she will not get there in this fight,
- I have 20 fights overall & have never been mounted
- I have never been submitted
- I have already fought & beaten a similar opponent in hitomi Akano (77% of her wins via submission & 13 of her 14 submission wins via armbar)
The accumulation of records of all the opponents I have faced is 107-62
-I have a huge heart & love for this sport & am absolutely determined to win this fight, I will surprise like I did against Marloes & injury free this time

-Ronda has 7 fights & little cage experience with that even
-Ronda has never faced any1 with my style or background
-Ronda has never fought someone of my caliber
-Ronda has never Been tested
-Her accumulative opponents record is 14-8
-She has never competed at 135 & was adamant she could never go that low not long ago

I know MANY of you do not believe in me but I DO and I am very much looking forward to proving you wrong I will be coming with a vengeance

I respect Rondas judo background & obviously most of you do too but once again I feel highly underestimated & these are the facts listed above that I FEEL most are missing
Take it for what you will but I will be back to say I told you so!

Sincerely
Miesha Tate

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.