UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Your favorite pre-fight trash talk that backfired?

11/14/12 4:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Periodik
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wu Massacre - I can say whatever i want really, it's my opinion

and thought that all added to the situation

and if it isnt boxing/kickboxing knees to downed should be allowed anyways, it's ridiculous that they arent

i really meant 'is it bad' because of the spitting, but tbh, i thought it was kindof funny

bad behavior, but eh. not like they hadnt talked shit. prefight staredown screaming was pretty good also.

It is your opinion...but you asked...so I answered...
11/14/12 4:45 PM
ChaosOverkill
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill Pharoni - 
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -  Til the death
You're a quitter
-Penn before having to forfeit going into the 5th round with GSP after getting dismantled Phone Post

this

x2

11/14/12 4:47 PM
OMGClayGuida

God dammit Ronda is nasty. Phone Post
11/14/12 6:15 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMGClayGuida -  God dammit Ronda is nasty. Phone Post

She's the most badass hot chick in the world for sure.
11/14/12 6:29 PM
Nate 'Rock' Quarry
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

“He’s got a weak chin, and I have heavy hands.” - Nate Quarry on Rich Franklin

Ha! I was just going to post that myself!
The back story was that they were just relentless in getting me to say something. Come on, Come on, Come on! Give me a quote!
And finally you get so frustrated you just say something to shut them up and of course, they smile and there you have it.
I learned my lesson from there on out. All of my interviews were shitty until afterwards. Then I'd talk about what I'd done, not what I was planning to do.
It is what it is.
Doing pre fight interviews is literally like being on Law and Order with Ice-T grilling you. Bright lights shining in your face, guy asking the same question over and over until you break. Worst part of fight week.
11/14/12 6:43 PM
fakezaga
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^incredible post!

Somehow Nate Quarry doesn't have a green name?

11/14/12 6:55 PM
RayRaysFunhouse
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herman: "Everyone knows BJJ doesn't work."
Gets armbarred and taps out. Phone Post
11/14/12 7:32 PM
Sam9104
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 

Donald Cerrone: "100% in my mind I will defeat Nate Diaz."

(Cerrone on Diaz) "If he makes it to the second round, he's lucky."

(Image below from AFTER 2nd round, just before 3rd)

Love them both, but man I LOVE that look on Cerrones face staring hopelessly at Diaz flipping him off. Looks like he realized he's out of depths but still has the heart to go in and take his ass whooping.

Cerrone is a warrior.
11/14/12 8:03 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"All this hugging and shit, it's nothing. K-1 standup fights, real knockouts" 

11/14/12 8:27 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Anyone mention Tito talking about how he was gonna wreck Dana White in boxing and then backing out of it all?

11/14/12 8:29 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 - 
sexybutt69 - Ninja/Bonello is my personal favorite.

Anyone see Bonello almost get dropped by the bully when he did Bully Beatdown. Oh SHIT!! Then he proceeds to headkick KO the fag even though head kicks werent permitted lol. He was PISSED

haha just looked it up. He DID get dropped by the bully within the first few seconds. Also got backed up and had  a flurry of punches landed on him. Who was that guy who couldn't ko or sub the bully and the bully got all 10K? I think it was Thomas Denney but I may be wrong

11/14/12 8:32 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
irishman84 - 
sexybutt69 - Ninja/Bonello is my personal favorite.

Anyone see Bonello almost get dropped by the bully when he did Bully Beatdown. Oh SHIT!! Then he proceeds to headkick KO the fag even though head kicks werent permitted lol. He was PISSED

haha just looked it up. He DID get dropped by the bully within the first few seconds. Also got backed up and had  a flurry of punches landed on him. Who was that guy who couldn't ko or sub the bully and the bully got all 10K? I think it was Thomas Denney but I may be wrong

That hockey player kid had decent hands!!!

11/14/12 8:54 PM
MachidasStraightLeft
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could make a case for Condit's pre-fight talk against Diaz, even though he won, because a lot of people have turned on him.

The whole "dogfight" thing, the "the question is whether or not he's gonna be able to take as much punishment as I'm gonna dish out" and the "I'm gonna take that belt home or die trying" lines didn't really represent how he fought in the cage - very cautiously.
11/14/12 8:56 PM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
11/14/12 9:08 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Dan Hardy shit talking wrestling since the GSP fight and then shooting on Lytle

I had a dream Carlos was going to try and get out of this fight-Dan Hardy 

11/14/12 9:13 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

for sure BJ Penn vs GSP II

Penn talked so much shit before the fight and got destroyed, you could see how perturbed he was after the fight, went on and changed his outlook on fighting after..

a real reality check, he's never been the same.
11/14/12 9:33 PM
Osiris_431
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Getting a black belt from the Nogueiras is like getting a free toy in your happy meal"

Triangle choked in the 5th round

-- Chael Sonnen Phone Post
11/14/12 9:56 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.. Maybe it was only so huge because I am from the coast but the build up to Rich Clementi fighting Melvin was intense. They had genuine beef and that was back when Melvin was still a punk and he talked SO much shit. Seeing Rich choke Melvin out and the minutes after said choke were so satisfying. Phone Post
11/14/12 10:01 PM
shoudawhouda
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of people know about the history and bad blood between Rich Clementi and Melvin Guillard, who are both set to meet at UFC 79 in December. However now that the matchup has been revealed, I’ve been getting a few emails asking about what happened between the two. I’ll try and give it a shot…

Basically Clementi and Guillard are former training partners. It’s been said before that Clementi was Guillard’s mentor of sorts and basically got him known by some of the bigger promotions in MMA, although I’m not sure if that is completely true.

Clementi has apparently had Guillard’s number for years in and outside of the gym. Clementi has said in the past that he has easily controlled Guillard during training sessions. It’s also been documented that Clementi once knocked Guillard out in a kickboxing match as well.

Things came to a head during the hours leading into The Ultimate Fighter 4 Finale. Clementi and Guillard exchanged a heated set of emails that can be found here.

A few months later Clementi and Guillard reportedly engaged in an altercation started by Guillard puncing Clementi in the face at a local MMA event:

According to reports, Guillard walked over, Clementi put out his hand for a shake and asked, “What’s up with those e-mails?” Apparently, before Clementi could finish, Guillard punched him in the face but didn’t noticeably hurt him. The two fighters squared off, but nothing happened, and it eventually got broken up.

Guillard then apparently threatened to shoot Clementi, stating, “Next time I’ll hit you with my pistol,” which consequently lead to him being tossed out of the fights.

Rumors floated around after the incident that the two were trying to get the UFC to set up an official bout between them. It look eight months but it finally happened…

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bad-blood-rich-clementi-and-melvin-guillard
11/14/12 11:51 PM
neibs

Res Non Verba -

Hard to top this.

Winner Phone Post
11/15/12 3:57 PM
lookoutawhale
1036 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rabid Bunyip -  Everything from lookoutawhale's GSP/Bloodsport parody.

Chael "Happy meal black belt" comment before being tapped by AS.

Plus Hermans "Jiu Jitsu doesn't work" jibe before Nog. Phone Post

*hat tip*

i made a whole video on gsp oppnents words backfiring

11/15/12 4:00 PM
groundfighter2000
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC 1 baby!

Probably has already been mentioned but haven't read through the thread yet. Patrick Smith claims he doesn't feel pain - > taps to heel hook.
11/15/12 4:03 PM
groundfighter2000
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Skellington - 

boys! You're missing the best one!

Pat Smith before his fight with Ken Shamrock at UFC 1

Before the fight? Pat said that reason he would win UFC 1 was because he was "impervious to pain".

Loss 0-1 United States Ken Shamrock Submission (heel hook) UFC 1 01993-11-12November 12, 1993 1 1:49 Denver, Colorado, United States UFC 1 Tournament Qualifying Round

Well i knew someone beat me to it. Good call Jack! VTFU!
11/15/12 4:03 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

shoudawhouda - A lot of people know about the history and bad blood between Rich Clementi and Melvin Guillard, who are both set to meet at UFC 79 in December. However now that the matchup has been revealed, I’ve been getting a few emails asking about what happened between the two. I’ll try and give it a shot…

Basically Clementi and Guillard are former training partners. It’s been said before that Clementi was Guillard’s mentor of sorts and basically got him known by some of the bigger promotions in MMA, although I’m not sure if that is completely true.

Clementi has apparently had Guillard’s number for years in and outside of the gym. Clementi has said in the past that he has easily controlled Guillard during training sessions. It’s also been documented that Clementi once knocked Guillard out in a kickboxing match as well.

Things came to a head during the hours leading into The Ultimate Fighter 4 Finale. Clementi and Guillard exchanged a heated set of emails that can be found here.

A few months later Clementi and Guillard reportedly engaged in an altercation started by Guillard puncing Clementi in the face at a local MMA event:

According to reports, Guillard walked over, Clementi put out his hand for a shake and asked, “What’s up with those e-mails?” Apparently, before Clementi could finish, Guillard punched him in the face but didn’t noticeably hurt him. The two fighters squared off, but nothing happened, and it eventually got broken up.

Guillard then apparently threatened to shoot Clementi, stating, “Next time I’ll hit you with my pistol,” which consequently lead to him being tossed out of the fights.

Rumors floated around after the incident that the two were trying to get the UFC to set up an official bout between them. It look eight months but it finally happened…

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/bad-blood-rich-clementi-and-melvin-guillard
Thank you I always wanted to know what their beef was about. Phone Post
11/15/12 4:45 PM
Caleb R
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hughes when bj moved up for the first fight Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.