UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Your favorite pre-fight trash talk that backfired?

11/15/12 5:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DAVID H
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caleb R -  Hughes when bj moved up for the first fight Phone Post

You beat me to it...
11/15/12 5:15 PM
DAVID H
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

groundfighter2000 - UFC 1 baby!

Probably has already been mentioned but haven't read through the thread yet. Patrick Smith claims he doesn't feel pain - > taps to heel hook.

Don't forget Pat Smith in UFC 2 as well. The interview before the finals was also shit talking gone bad.
11/15/12 5:43 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“I’m working on the intricacies of details of maneuvers that he still doesn’t even know the names of.” - Frank Mir before the second fight with Lesnar.

11/19/12 2:04 PM
Jack Skellington
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

groundfighter2000 - 
Jack Skellington - 

boys! You're missing the best one!

Pat Smith before his fight with Ken Shamrock at UFC 1

Before the fight? Pat said that reason he would win UFC 1 was because he was "impervious to pain".

Loss 0-1 United States Ken Shamrock Submission (heel hook) UFC 1 01993-11-12November 12, 1993 1 1:49 Denver, Colorado, United States UFC 1 Tournament Qualifying Round

Well i knew someone beat me to it. Good call Jack! VTFU!

I concur, lmao

11/19/12 2:06 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kampmann saying i know what he's going to do and i'm going to kick his ass then lasting 46 seconds was pretty funny but i don't hate Kampmann and him and Hendricks had no beef so i guess it wasn't really at the top of the list
11/19/12 2:07 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just remembered, DHK said Condit was overrated.. Phone Post
11/19/12 2:35 PM
ZombieAutoPilot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im a huge BJ penn fan but sadly he said some stupid shit before the second edgar fight. Phone Post
11/19/12 2:52 PM
Nuckin Futs
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not prefight trash talk, but Ogawa refusing to shake Fedor's hand and the ensuing beatdown was gold.

11/20/12 2:24 PM
lookoutawhale
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 - 
lookoutawhale - 
Rabid Bunyip -  Everything from lookoutawhale's GSP/Bloodsport parody.

Chael "Happy meal black belt" comment before being tapped by AS.

Plus Hermans "Jiu Jitsu doesn't work" jibe before Nog. Phone Post

*hat tip*

i made a whole video on gsp oppnents words backfiring

Holy Fucking Shit dude u made that? The bloodsport theme was genius. You can REALLY destroy a GSP hater with that video and im not gonna lie im one of them sometimes. Probably more than anything else about his game, i forget how he used to completely and utterly break guys mentally. GREAT fucking video again dude

thanks bud!

11/20/12 2:33 PM
IIAces

wiggum - The most rewarding I think was Hendo versus Bisping.

But GSP really owns this category. First Koscheck fight, he outwrestles him. Second Kos fight, he clearly hates him and he systematically and mercilessly breaks his face. Much more, though, BJ accuses him of not being a real fighter, of being a coward, and of being a quitter.

GSP makes him quit.

Doesn't get worse than that.
This.... Phone Post
11/20/12 5:21 PM
bruised
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd Phone Post
11/20/12 6:10 PM
6ULDV8
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That LOAW video was just amazing.  Can't believe I missed it.

TTT

11/20/12 6:44 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio - I do like Penn but I dod also enjoy

"They do not have much to work with, they just have Frankie Edgar"
-Before Edgar vs Penn 2 Phone Post
I never heard that! Oh yeah, just Frankie Edgar, not much at all.. Phone Post
11/20/12 6:48 PM
Ironclad

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -  Til the death
You're a quitter
-Penn before having to forfeit going into the 5th round with GSP after getting dismantled Phone Post

This. The bickering between Penn fans and GSP fans UG was insane prior the fight. After the fight, nary a Penn fan could be found. They all skipped town for about a week afterwards.
11/20/12 7:51 PM
Canadian_26
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not really trash talk per say but Dana and Rogan talking about Barry/crocop would be a guarenteed stand up battle void of td's or grappling... ends in a rnc. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:32 PM
bruised
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally, I liked the fact that Rampage was talking about JBJ choking and ironically, was choked out...

:)

11/21/12 1:15 PM
faixa branca

"Jiu-jitsu doesn't work." - Dave Herman Phone Post
11/22/12 10:30 PM
CornfedPride

Jerry Bohlander's pre fight trash talk against Tito Ortiz was classic. Then, Tito went on to utterly trounce him.
11/22/12 10:40 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale - 
irishman84 - 
lookoutawhale - 
Rabid Bunyip -  Everything from lookoutawhale's GSP/Bloodsport parody.

Chael "Happy meal black belt" comment before being tapped by AS.

Plus Hermans "Jiu Jitsu doesn't work" jibe before Nog. Phone Post

*hat tip*

i made a whole video on gsp oppnents words backfiring

Holy Fucking Shit dude u made that? The bloodsport theme was genius. You can REALLY destroy a GSP hater with that video and im not gonna lie im one of them sometimes. Probably more than anything else about his game, i forget how he used to completely and utterly break guys mentally. GREAT fucking video again dude

thanks bud!

What a video.

11/22/12 11:03 PM
carcaju
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate 'Rock' Quarry - 
YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 

“He’s got a weak chin, and I have heavy hands.” - Nate Quarry on Rich Franklin

Ha! I was just going to post that myself!
The back story was that they were just relentless in getting me to say something. Come on, Come on, Come on! Give me a quote!
And finally you get so frustrated you just say something to shut them up and of course, they smile and there you have it.
I learned my lesson from there on out. All of my interviews were shitty until afterwards. Then I'd talk about what I'd done, not what I was planning to do.
It is what it is.
Doing pre fight interviews is literally like being on Law and Order with Ice-T grilling you. Bright lights shining in your face, guy asking the same question over and over until you break. Worst part of fight week.

The ever classy Nate Quarry ladies and gentlemen.
11/23/12 2:23 PM
Roy Batty
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sexybutt69 - Ninja/Bonello is my personal favorite.

This. You can't top a guy cursing his opponent out during the pre-fight instructions, pulling guard right away after the bell rang, and then getting hape-choked and pounded out. That was a thing of beauty and a joy forever!
11/23/12 2:30 PM
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome thread Phone Post
11/23/12 2:39 PM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I remember when Brian Rogers fought Steele, I remember Steele saying Rogers was mentally weak, and proceeded to get dominated. Phone Post
11/23/12 2:41 PM
gooddoc

I remember a fighter on one of the seasons of TUF that basically compared himself to some famous conquerors of history and then got smashed.
11/23/12 3:00 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

some of the trash talk is in this video, and so is the fight

Shamrock vs Baroni - The New York Badass vs The Legend from Frank Shamrock on Vimeo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.