UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MDs bar Cris Cyborg from cut to 135

11/13/12 11:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jacinto
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the fuck should she?
Alumynabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waiting for Tru to jump in and defend. Phone Post
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slevin Kalevra - Is she really that big? Can she not drop all the muscle she obtained from juicing?
Well according to her the "juicing" she was doing was to lose weight... so she basically would be admitting she wasn't telling the truth and cheated if she got off of it and that allowed her to make 135.

She seems pretty adamant about maintaining her innocence in the matter so I wouldn't count on that happening. Phone Post
11/13/12 11:56 AM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

French Fries Malone - She is dicking Phone Post
She is dicking and ducking. Phone Post
11/13/12 11:57 AM
Snayke13
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont understand her. Shes been out how long? Yet she couldnt stay away from the weights and adjust her diet?

If she wanted the fight bad enough and compete in a division with more options then its all on her. No sympathy from me... Phone Post
11/13/12 12:00 PM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/13/12 12:00 PM

I'm sure her doctor did say she shouldn't CUT that weight.  Doctors hate weight cutting, especially for women.

However, I bet her doctor would have no problem at all with her dropping some muscle mass and adding a little bodyfat to her physique.  I would also bet he has been telling her that for YEARS.  Cyborg carries an unhealthy amount of muscle (too much) and a VERY unhealthy amount of body fat (too little).  Losing 10 pounds of muscle and gaining a little fat would do wonders for her long-term health.

11/13/12 12:02 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When your lifestyle is built on a lie that's been affirmed by all the people around you, maybe you forget how the outside world will perceive this nonsense.

11/13/12 12:02 PM
SasquatchShaman

Call in the Dolce
11/13/12 12:09 PM
player101
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This press release is comical. Did she forget that she just got busted for steroids? Did she also forget that even before she got busted everyone suspected she was on them since her physique rivals and exceeds many male fighters. No one believes this tripe. She needs to lay off the PED's (which I am guessing has not happened) train some cardio and she will have no issues making 135.

11/13/12 12:13 PM
hubris
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/13/12 12:17 PM
Maybe her MD should be more concerned about her abuse of PEDs
11/13/12 12:15 PM
imesser

This fight is going to happen no matter what! it has too. Dana will make it happen. It would be an awesome fight!
11/13/12 12:18 PM
Big Pun
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So she can't make 135. Ummm ok, then don't fight at 135. Just don't expect everyone else to come to you at 145. This is just ridiculous. I am really trying to keep an open mind about Cyborg, but she makes it tough. She expects that everyone will come to her and that she is number one. She lost that when she got the one year suspension. If she can't make 135 that's fine. Mayboe there will be a 145 womens division. If there's not, then good luck to her in Invicta. The world doesn't accomodate everything you want in life.
11/13/12 12:19 PM
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt

Everyone of course hating on Cyborg, the true Champion of Women's MMA. Rousy does not want to fight Cyborg because she will lose. Period. Zuffa has been treating Cyborg like a 2nd class citizen because she is not the most beautiful fighter. It is a joke... seriously guys keep supporting this garbage.

They openly "court" Ronda and make Cyborg feel like a nuissance... More Zuffa crap regarding the best female fighter in the world.
11/13/12 12:19 PM
pelekys
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder what this same doctor says about her steroid use?

11/13/12 12:23 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If she can't make 135, then let her fight at 145 wherever someone will sign her (probably not Zuffa, since they'll probably only build a 135 lb. women's class around Ronda). No big deal.

11/13/12 12:24 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Pun - So she can't make 135. Ummm ok, then don't fight at 135. Just don't expect everyone else to come to you at 145. This is just ridiculous. I am really trying to keep an open mind about Cyborg, but she makes it tough. She expects that everyone will come to her and that she is number one. She lost that when she got the one year suspension. If she can't make 135 that's fine. Mayboe there will be a 145 womens division. If there's not, then good luck to her in Invicta. The world doesn't accomodate everything you want in life.

Agreed. Voted up.

11/13/12 12:25 PM
Corey
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Biggest crock of shit I heard in a while.
11/13/12 12:25 PM
DABJJ BEN

Why does she even have a cardiologist? Does she have a heart problem? If not, why the hell is she just stumbling into a cardiology practice with a question about cutting weight. Either, 1) the translation of this article is wrong; 2) she actually has a heart issue; 3) her camp can't even lie right; 4) she randomly consults doctors to find one that will prescribe or say whatever she chooses; or 5) you go to a cardiologist when you have no known heart problem to see if you can lose 10 more lbs. Phone Post
11/13/12 12:29 PM
Big Pun
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone wants Rousey, noone really wants Cyborg. There's alot of bad press with Cyborg and alot of explaining to do. It's a PR nightmare. Not saying Rousey has problems, but she can be coached into a PR machine and may even become a decent role model. It's just hard to pitch that with Cyborg. Her ego about being the former champ is not helping her cause either. Cyborg just expects that people see her as #1 in the world. She does not realize people don't want the #1 womens fighter. They want Rousey. It's a strange standard, but it's a fact. I believe Cyborg has surrounded herself with too many "Yes men" and advisors. She needs a manager that is more in touch with the non-Brazilian market
11/13/12 12:31 PM
Big Pun

All I can really say is Brazilian excuses are on another level lol. Anyone remember Vitor's worms?
11/13/12 12:35 PM
fiercedragon

Lies lies lies Phone Post
11/13/12 12:35 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sunderground - Such bullshit. If she was worried about having children, she wouldnt takes steroids.

So Dominick Cruz is the same height and can easily make 135 as a male. Cyborg cant?

GO AWAY DUDE! And stop beating up girls who dont "prepare" like you in bjj tournaments.
This. Phone Post
11/13/12 12:54 PM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Pun - So she can't make 135. Ummm ok, then don't fight at 135. Just don't expect everyone else to come to you at 145. This is just ridiculous. I am really trying to keep an open mind about Cyborg, but she makes it tough. She expects that everyone will come to her and that she is number one. She lost that when she got the one year suspension. If she can't make 135 that's fine. Mayboe there will be a 145 womens division. If there's not, then good luck to her in Invicta. The world doesn't accomodate everything you want in life.

Let's be fair here, though. I'm not a Cyborg fan, but it's obvious why she's pushing Ronda to come up. In response to Ronda's taunts that she move down and that she's too Roided up to fight at 135, naturally Cyborg is going to counter with, "Well Ronda should move up to her old weight class and fight me then". More importantly --

Ronda is the centerpiece of what everyone in WMMA hopes will be the new wave -- where UFC supports wtv weight class Ronda is in i.e. 135.
If Cyborg can't make 135, her only hope of having a superfight on the big stage would be Ronda moving up or fighting at a catch-weight, so they can then promote this one-off super fight in addition to Ronda's usual weight class

Not saying I agree with her, and actually really hate Cyborg if I'm being honest, but it's not like she's randomly calling out fighters who are too tiny to compete with her for no reason

(Btw, awesome SN)
11/13/12 12:57 PM
JayBRO

Lol sure Cyborg Phone Post
11/13/12 12:58 PM
Chris27

She is ducking Ronda.

Give me a break, Rumble used to cut like 50 pounds to make WW you telling me Cyborg cant stop taking roids and go on a diet and lose a few more pounds and make 35 if she really wanted?

Ronda is a star and she can fight anyone and it will be a big deal, Cyborg can go fight for Invicta vs ? at 145 but few are gonna care.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.