UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MDs bar Cris Cyborg from cut to 135

11/13/12 1:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Dayum, and your a 01er. That woulda been right after Yeaah Baby and his death -- VTFU for nostalgia
11/13/12 1:01 PM
Griffdog
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 
BuddyRevell -

If she can't make 135, then let her fight at 145 wherever someone will sign her (probably not Zuffa, since they'll probably only build a 135 lb. women's class around Ronda). No big deal.

The 135 class is the most stacked in womens mma.. And ronda is ducking cyborg. It's pathetic how cyborg gets bashed here yet ronda is a saint. Fucking douches. Phone Post

If Rhonda is the 135 champ, is being brought in to the UFC as the 135 champ and the UFC is ONLY going to have a 135 womens class...then how exactly is Rhonda ducking?

Are you suggesting that Rhonda throw away her UFC opportunity to meet the PROVEN steroid abuser in a weight class up that is not even in the UFC? I don't see how that makes any sense at all, especially considering that the 135 women have yet to fight in the UFC.

Cyborg gets bashed because she is a proven steroid abuser who is calling out someone in a weight class below her and is coming up with crazy 'cardiologist' excuses to avoid dropping in weight.
11/13/12 1:04 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She should have a camp dedicated to technique and cardio. No strength at all.

START NOW Phone Post
11/13/12 1:07 PM
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 
BuddyRevell -

If she can't make 135, then let her fight at 145 wherever someone will sign her (probably not Zuffa, since they'll probably only build a 135 lb. women's class around Ronda). No big deal.

The 135 class is the most stacked in womens mma.. And ronda is ducking cyborg. It's pathetic how cyborg gets bashed here yet ronda is a saint. Fucking douches. Phone Post

Really the UFC should just have a "womens division" and let it be open weight (maybe just have a 20kg rule like in Pride).

There isn't a deep enough talent pool in WMMA for many weight classes at this point.
It's probably in a similar situation as mens MMA was around the turn of the century.

I know it's not going to happen. "Safety" and stuff LOL
11/13/12 1:07 PM
tres_equis_666
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey DFW can you have your doctor's give a second opinion so that you can make this fight already?

Thanks Phone Post
11/13/12 1:14 PM
landers96
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

135 is the division, if she can't make it then she'll have to go find 145 somewhere else. Simply as that
11/13/12 1:15 PM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Potato.
Bullshit, she's a cheater on a massive scale clearly abusing testosterone. Phone Post
11/13/12 1:15 PM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now I finally have a legitimate excuse to not drop some pounds. Think of all the money I'll save by dropping my gym membership! Thanks, Cyborg!
11/13/12 1:16 PM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Potato.
rockwell -
Ryann Von Doom - 
BuddyRevell -

Really the UFC should just have a "womens division" and let it be open weight (maybe just have a 20kg rule like in Pride).

There isn't a deep enough talent pool in WMMA for many weight classes at this point.
It's probably in a similar situation as mens MMA was around the turn of the century.

A 44lb open weight for women? Crazy talk. Phone Post
11/13/12 1:26 PM
that new guy

She looks all natural to me.

11/13/12 1:32 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlyStallowned -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  It should not be up to Ronda - The Champion - to move up a weight class to fight a challenger.

If Cyborg can't make the weight, she shouldn't get the shot. Simple as that. Phone Post

The UFC will make it happen, since this is the only women's fight that anyone would possibly give a shit about
I don't think there is going to be a Women's 145lbs division in the UFC because the talent pool is so shallow.

Unless Ronda vs Cyborg happens at a catchweight or if Ronda does actually move up to 145 to fight Cyborg which I don't think she should do then I don't think it's a possibility unfortunately. I would love to see Ronda rip her arm off in the 1st round and end the rein of the steroid abusing Cris Cyborg.

I'm also very interested in Rousey vs Sara McCann once she gets more experience. Phone Post
11/13/12 1:33 PM
Ray Cappa

complete and utter horseshit. get the juice outta yer system, honey, you can make 135. jesus h christ.
11/13/12 1:34 PM
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MentaL - 
rockwell -
Ryann Von Doom - 
BuddyRevell -

A 44lb open weight for women? Crazy talk. Phone Post

You're talking to a guy who thinks the men should have 2 weigh classes (sub 200 and 200+)

But hey your name change game and face swap threads earn you a VTFU anyway
11/13/12 1:41 PM
Phil999

based on her personal health? And the cardiologist won't sign off. Maybe her heart muscle is already compromised for some reason.
11/13/12 1:41 PM
A_Butler
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a fucking joke. If Cole and Micah can make 135 so can she. Phone Post
11/13/12 2:16 PM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heel Hooker - Incredible that so many of you know more tahn cyborg and her Md. I'm guessing you're all just taking breaks from seeing patients to post here.

No doctor in the world is going to have a problem with a uber-muscular female patient with single-digit body fat dropping some of that muscle mass and raising her bodyfat into the double digits.  Female athletes carrying single-digit bodyfat is one of the single most destructive things they can do to their reproductive health, and all that lean mass Cyborg carries puts a ton of strain on her heart to pump enough blood to keep those muscle oxygenated.  I'll guarantee you her doctor has been on her for years to drop some muscle mass and put on a little more body fat.

11/13/12 2:22 PM
New Leaf 1.0

LOL @ anyone believing or caring about this.
11/13/12 2:22 PM
Jill Laz

berger - Imo this is just propaganda from the cyborg camp to start the discussion of RR going up in weight.

What fighters actually ask their doctor to sign off on going down in weight? Phone Post
Nobody your right it's not like she's going to go down to 100 pounds who goes to a Doctor to ask about losing 10 pounds my friend lost 15 pounds to get into a dress and she is married to her Doctor...Cyborg lose it or not just shut up Phone Post
11/13/12 2:23 PM
Leghound
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The dangers to her body could also prohibit Santos from carrying a child later in life, and according to her camp, that was a risk the former Strikeforce champion was unwilling to make for any fight."

I would have thought injecting male hormones could have the same effect....
11/13/12 2:25 PM
jacktripper

I don't know why everyone is so skeptical... Lots of og'ers are carrying huge amounts of muscle that is impossible to lose Phone Post
11/13/12 2:26 PM
crumbs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well , cyborg has the UFC right where she wants them. No doubt they will be forced to create a 155 division just for her and have her defend the belt they will for sure just give her as 55 champ, and then schedule her to fight Amanda Lucas 3 times a year.

Of course if the doctor gives the ok on a safe weight cut to 155. If not maybe we can create 170 just for her.
11/13/12 2:28 PM
Triple_B
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't read every post

MDs in general are against cutting weight and especially when it comes to women. Yo-yo dieting, excessive caffeine intake, depriving oneself of fluids, or whatever else a fighter might do to cut weight is not something doctors will give you the green light on. She could have went to a pediatrician and got the same answer. Walk into your general care doctor's office and ask them about cutting weight. You'll get the same answer, you don't need a health problem to be advised against it.

She probably saw a random cardiologist. If she had a severe heart problem it would have been caught by now in Strikeforce. If she recently developed one chances are the roids didn't/won't help. If she actually cared about having a normal family life and kids she wouldn't have given herself a clit-penis and an adam's apple in the name of athletic performance.
11/13/12 3:00 PM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/13/12 3:02 PM
Ryann Von Doom -

I'm just wondering how things will go when it's official. So far, Tate and Ronda are it for the UFc the rest are tied up with Invicta and how will that affect(effect?) the rest of female mma? 1 UFC female fight every quarter with just Tate and rousey? It really throws a monkey wrench into the whole scene IMO..

All of those Invicta 135 pounders are already under contract with Zuffa/Forza.  They aren't tied up at all. 

The real question is will the UFC keep the female fighters busy, and if not, will they continue to loan them out to Invicta?

11/13/12 3:02 PM
short round

Of course her doctor is telling her not to cut the weight, who else is he going to sell steroids to?
11/13/12 3:04 PM
Cya

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.