UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MDs bar Cris Cyborg from cut to 135

11/13/12 3:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zaph
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/13/12 3:11 PM

Whambo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another thing to keep in mind she got busted using roids against Hiroko Yamanaka. A fight she probably could have won blind folded with an arm tied around her back. She risked her health and career for that total mismatch of a fight, but refuses to diet 10lbs while off the juice. Just lol.
Out To Lunch
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg is one of my favorite fighters, but it is BS that she can't make 135.
11/13/12 3:30 PM
Forrest Spliffn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She cuts to make 145.
She has almost zero body fat at 145.

She'd have to go no roids while removing a good chunk of the calories and protein she is used to. Pretty much turn her training into a cardio exercise.

Unless she started this process right after she got busted I can't see her having a whole lot of energy at 135.

It's her fault without question but we are assuming that once you quit roids you instantly shrink back to normal size. Phone Post
11/13/12 3:33 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone has the right idea except for Marcus Renato the contrarian troll and Ryann Von Doom, who is evidently retarded.

Not the first time... Phone Post
11/13/12 3:35 PM
Out To Lunch
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest Spliffn -  She cuts to make 145.

She'd have to go no roids while removing a good chunk of the calories and protein she is used to. Pretty much turn her training into a cardio exercise.

Unless she started this process right after she got busted I can't see her having a whole lot of energy at 135.

It's her fault without question but we are assuming that once you quit roids you instantly shrink back to normal size. Phone Post

I don't think she should cut to 135, 145 is where she is stongest, but she should not make excuses that it will be unhealthy for her to cut to 135. There are men that fight at 135. She could adjust to the new weight class if she does it the right way.
11/13/12 3:41 PM
TexDeuce
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOFL at this load of horseshit Phone Post
11/13/12 3:41 PM
OTT78
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a Cyborg fan but this is nonsense, if by cut the doctor means water weight then I obviously agree, but nothing prevents her from dieting down to 145lbs and then cut to 135 lbs. She's only 5'8". 

11/13/12 3:43 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why doesn't Rhonda just eat a sandwich and fight at her original weight class ? SUPER WMMA fight !
11/13/12 3:49 PM
per
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 

I'm sure her doctor did say she shouldn't CUT that weight.  Doctors hate weight cutting, especially for women.

However, I bet her doctor would have no problem at all with her dropping some muscle mass and adding a little bodyfat to her physique.  I would also bet he has been telling her that for YEARS.  Cyborg carries an unhealthy amount of muscle (too much) and a VERY unhealthy amount of body fat (too little).  Losing 10 pounds of muscle and gaining a little fat would do wonders for her long-term health.

If that doctor is even a real doctor this is for sure what he has said. Yeah, it would probably be a huge deal to stay the same mass and then cut that weight before a fight by dehydration. I don't know what her walk-around weight is but the necessary cut may be too big a percentage of her bodyweight. Obvious.

She has the muscle of a bodybuilder. Having large muscle mass is not dangerous in itself, but on the other hand it is not the least bit dangerous to lose some of it either. There are early pictures of her where she can be seen showing a very normal physique so the muscle have been gained by training, she is no genetic giant. If you are huge by nature it can actually be difficult to lose muscle but for her it would probably only take a diet (stay off proteins and the usual bodybuilding regimen) and to stay away from the weights. 8 months of technique, drills and sparring and she would shrink like a grape in the sun. Also obvious.

Hardly anyone believes her, how is it possible that she does not get this? Is she surrounded by an army of yes-men? Of course she wants to be the champion and losing her strength advantage would make it really difficult for her to beat Ronda but she has a golden opportunity of being a part of a blockbuster fight and have a UFC career, just bloody lick it up and accept the circumstances. Or go pummel girls in Invicta twice a year for 8K a fight.

Woman up and make the right choice for fucks sake.....
11/13/12 3:50 PM
OTT78
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out To Lunch - 

I don't think she should cut to 135, 145 is where she is stongest, but she should not make excuses that it will be unhealthy for her to cut to 135. There are men that fight at 135. She could adjust to the new weight class if she does it the right way.

I think she's afraid to lose muscle mass and strength because she's used to rely on them and she might not be all that confident about her skills without her brutal strength 

11/13/12 4:02 PM
Out To Lunch

OTT78 - 
Out To Lunch - 

I think she's afraid to lose muscle mass and strength because she's used to rely on them and she might not be all that confident about her skills without her brutal strength 

Too bad there is no one for her to fight at her best weight. Brutal strength is part of her game. If she drops down to 135, we wouldn't be seeing the best Cyborg.

11/13/12 4:06 PM
Lukinho
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is kinda funny that the doc says, "135? Absolutely not! Much too dangerous and detrimental to your health. What's that? 145 you ask? Oh, that's no problem." Phone Post
11/13/12 4:07 PM
JerodR
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Based on her current build and muscle tone I am not surprised to hear this at all. However, if she really wanted to go down to 135lbs I don't see why she couldn't change up her training and lose some of that muscle. That would be a perfectly safe way to cut weight, but just losing water or body fat with how she is built now would of course be dangerous. I don't think anyone would really debate that.
11/13/12 4:11 PM
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the funniest MMA shit I have read in a while. Almost as funny as Melvin G. testing positive for cocaine. Almost.

She really does not want to drop that weight. Since her success is partly based around her power, I don't blame her but really a drs. note? And this is after someone slipped the insanely muscular powerful person enough winstrol to test positive?

Her excuses are pretty funny. She needs to wake up and smell the roses she could buy with UFC PPV money before it's too late.
11/13/12 4:13 PM
WidespreadPanic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think she or her camp must have given the doctor some "incentive" to make that call.

As one poster said, males make 135 at her height.

11/13/12 4:18 PM
_33
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the biggest MMA promotion on the planet is going to make their first women's division. A 135lb division which has some talent to bring to get it rolling. People think it would be a smart move to have their most marketable female fighter and champion fight a KNOWN juicer who doesn't give a shit about the division?

How does that make any sense?

I think Ronda could win, BUT if she loses it's gone! There no legitimacy to the UFC female division.

The only thing to gain by having Ronda fight this ape is some extra PPV buys.

You're risking losing your most marketable fighter to someone who is a known cheater!

You don't do the super fight. If Cyborg wants to make 135 and fight CLEAN in the division then that's fine.

You do not appease her and risk losing the credibility the womens division has.

This division in UFC can really bring womens MMA to the front.
11/13/12 4:18 PM
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out To Lunch - 
OTT78 - 
Out To Lunch - 

Too bad there is no one for her to fight at her best weight. Brutal strength is part of her game. If she drops down to 135, we wouldn't be seeing the best Cyborg.

Any female who powerbombs Tito Ortiz can lose 10lbs of muscle and still be freakishly stronger than most women. She would be fine at 135. She just doesn't want to change anything. Her routine worked perfectly until she fucked up her dosing.
11/13/12 4:24 PM
Darth Ryase
1331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whambo - I had no idea she's only 27, she looks at least 35.

She's so concerned about having children later in life, perhaps she thought stanozolol was a fertility drug?

The issue isn't about cutting the weight, with diet less weight lifting, less steroids etc she could lose enough weight to cut safely. If Kenny Florian can go from a fighting weight of about 180lbs when he was on TUF down to fighting at 145 lbs, I'm sure Cyborg can go from 145 to 135 with the right diet. This is pathetic.

It's okay. I thought she was Wanderlei until a few days ago.
11/13/12 4:29 PM
whitejoe

Ryann Von Doom - 
BuddyRevell -

If she can't make 135, then let her fight at 145 wherever someone will sign her (probably not Zuffa, since they'll probably only build a 135 lb. women's class around Ronda). No big deal.

The 135 class is the most stacked in womens mma.. And ronda is ducking cyborg. It's pathetic how cyborg gets bashed here yet ronda is a saint. Fucking douches. Phone Post

They're ducking each other at this point. Only difference is Ronda isn't disgraced or temporarily barred from competing.
11/13/12 4:31 PM
Akston
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fact that he's a man is the biggest issue with conceiving Phone Post
11/13/12 4:31 PM
BuddyRevell
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/13/12 4:46 PM
whitejoe - 
They're ducking each other at this point. Only difference is Ronda isn't disgraced or temporarily barred from competing.

Agreed. And that is a very big difference indeed. Disgraced fighters coming off suspensions should have NO leverage whatsoever in these kinds of discussions, regardless if it is Cyborg, Diaz, Bonnar, or whoever.

11/13/12 4:34 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slevin Kalevra - Is she really that big? Can she not drop all the muscle she obtained from juicing?

She was taking cutting drugs to help make weight,  not bulking drugs

11/13/12 4:34 PM
tbi0904
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

I always thought they'll do a 140 catchweight fight (and still do) but what's really funny is these pics are Cyborg at 152. She missed 145 by 7 damn pounds. There's no way she'll ever make 135, brute strength is a big part of how she fights. I wouldn't be surprised if Cyborg didn't bother to make 140 and dared Ronda to not go through with the fight.
11/13/12 4:51 PM
Billyz
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sense that Cyborg doesn't have a good sense of how what she says or her camp releases comes off to the public.
Im neither a big Rhonda fan nor a Cyborg fan.
from that perspective the way Cyborg demands Rhonda to come up to 45 just comes off all wrong.
Especially all after being caught cheating in a case of cheating so obvious, that it would make former president Clinton's cheating look demure. I really dont think she understands the public's view.

Her physique is more muscular than most mens, to the point that vast amounts of the public questioned if she used PED's, as she out muscled fighters to get to the belt.
She is then caught using steroids with a big fat "No Duh!" asterisk to her name.
It puts in question all the wins she has over many women much smaller than her.
She then is demanding respect as a champion (for a championship she was stripped of for being found to have cheated)
She then chastises a smaller champion and tells her to move up in weight to the weight class she no longer has a belt in (being as she was caught cheating in it) and if not she is a coward
She says she cannot cut down to meet a current champion she wants to fight, but expects rhonda to bend to this and fight at a higher weight were cyborg would be much stronger.
She releases a statement trying to justify how she is medically advised how she cant cut down to 135.
She also cites its affects on ability to conceive and how that is something she would not risk
She forgets we all know she was caught taking steroids which everyone knows is much worse for conceiving than losing some muscle mass from a woman's frame.
She forgets that we ALSO heard about WMMA coming to UFC just the other day with Rhonda an actual current champ heading the charge and might find it ironic that her latest story comes out right after said announcement.

Its fighter bashing if we dont praise her and or bash Rhonda for not fighting her.

Am I missing anything?
yes she is a great fighter but she also is a stripped and rightfully so, disgraced champion.
Anyone think she wasn't on the stuff when she beat the shit out of Carano to get the belt? While its water under the bridge since she pissed clean for that fight, its a question she will always have hung on her doorstep thanks to her actions.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.