UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kampmann "I can see GSP quitting if he gets hurt"

11/13/12 11:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SinCityHustler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is pretty much known at looking at the big picture.  If he gets in trouble and feels that he is better off surrendering than enduring injury, I'm certain that he would call it quits again.  Is this really in debate here?  He did it against Hughes and he did it against Serra.  The issue is can someone put him in that position again.  I mean lets be real here, he's no Mino or JBJ as far as toughing it out goes. I can't imagine anyone can intelligently argue this point.

11/14/12 4:53 PM
stop_it_right_meow
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

11/14/12 5:44 PM
TheMorg826
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/14/12 5:50 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot -
nick diaz nut hugger -
ManWithTheIronFists - Kampmann has gotten pretty mouthy as of late...
Chael sonnen effect. Talk shit, get title shot Phone Post
And they wonder why its not considered a true sport and why its still simply prize fighting. Phone Post
Because we all know Kampmann has done nothing in the octagon to deserve a title shot... Phone Post
11/14/12 7:16 PM
supersonic

GSP has shown mental cracks throughout his career. Hughes 1, Serra 1, groin fight(Kos?), eye poke(Shields)

He is lucky Jackson is a great cornerman cause the eye incident could have gotten the fight called.

Not saying these are not legit issues but many guys will quietly soldier through.

I think another loss would have done GSP some good. I think he feels so much pressure to live up to his image he really doesn't put in on the line.

Hope post surgery version is more or killer
11/15/12 12:51 AM
stop_it_right_meow
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersonic - GSP has shown mental cracks throughout his career. Hughes 1, Serra 1, groin fight(Kos?), eye poke(Shields)

He is lucky Jackson is a great cornerman cause the eye incident could have gotten the fight called.

Not saying these are not legit issues but many guys will quietly soldier through.

I think another loss would have done GSP some good. I think he feels so much pressure to live up to his image he really doesn't put in on the line.

im glad to see someone agrees. It is too bad MMA is only 5 rounds, I have a feeling if he were in more rounds than 5 against a guy that was in his face all night he would break. 

11/15/12 3:53 PM
lookoutawhale
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kapmann is trying to talking himself into a fight Chael style.

11/15/12 3:55 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale -

kapmann is trying to talking himself into a fight Chael style.

Probably trying to prevent himself from losing a title shot to another guy who is less deserving Dan Henderson style. With a win Saturday he absolutely deserves it. Phone Post
11/18/12 2:34 AM
Rabid Bunyip
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for post fight sense check
11/18/12 2:37 AM
yellow wrkahlc

11/18/12 2:45 AM
Mexican Janitor
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lawl. This really couldn't have turned out any better Phone Post
11/18/12 2:51 AM
Mr Sponge

Lol Phone Post
11/18/12 3:35 AM
Loadin76
649 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ahhh Epic Beard Man justice.... so sweet

11/18/12 3:45 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

LilBrockonmychest -
stop_it_right_meow - 
supersonic - GSP has shown mental cracks throughout his career. Hughes 1, Serra 1, groin fight(Kos?), eye poke(Shields)

im glad to see someone agrees. It is too bad MMA is only 5 rounds, I have a feeling if he were in more rounds than 5 against a guy that was in his face all night he would break. 

The hell are you 2 talking about?  How is tapping to an armbar mentally cracking?  How is fighting through a groin injury and dominating your opponent mentally cracking?  How is fighting through an eyepoke mentally cracking?

I think it's because he tapped with 1 second left in the round, after the armbar had been applied for like half a second. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.