UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey camp responds to Cyborg MD weight cut talk

11/13/12 8:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

With the news that the UFC had signed Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate, talk immediately turned to Cris "Cyborg" Santos, who can apply next month for a license to fight, following a year suspension for PED use. However, Cyborg's camp said recently that following a meeting with her doctors, Santos will not be able to make the 135 lb weight division.

Ronda Rousey's manager Darin Harvey said that he isn't buying it.

"If you ask five doctors, you'll get five different opinions," said Harvey. "I guarantee you, you can find doctors that'll say the weight cut will be fine."

"It all depends on what side they're working for. It's her doctor. If you're going to trial, I can find a professional witness to make you look innocent or make you look guilty."

"I don't want to see anyone get hurt long-term … but my personal belief is she can lose the weight. She would just prefer an advantage to fight at 145 pounds. And I think we have the advantage at 135."

"At the end of the day, it's up to Ronda," Harvey said about Rousey moving up in weight. "I would advise against it because I would like to do everything to get Cyborg down to 135 pounds, but I know it's the fight the world wants to see.

"I think it's a million-plus Pay-Per-View fight, so we have to take those things into consideration."

Read entire article...

11/13/12 8:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it should have been two words;

MAN UP

11/13/12 8:14 PM
Diazed And Confused
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am sure at this point in her life, with all the PED/Steroids she's been using, her cervix is a dried and shriveled ball of puss.

Just cut that out, and she'll make weight fine. Phone Post
11/13/12 8:18 PM
Brock Lobster
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Million ppv buys? Maybe with GSP vs Andy headlining. Phone Post
11/13/12 8:24 PM
BooZe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean its too easy! If you want to fight in the ufc for a title cut the weight and quit bitching... Phone Post
11/13/12 8:34 PM
x FOX x
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why should she be the one to change weight class? Phone Post
11/13/12 8:37 PM
stonepony

Pathetic and embarrassing... How can the cheater apologists even open their mouths with a straight face on this issue? How many decades does it take for a giant roid-monster to drop a few little pounds?

She could easily drop the weight. All she would have to do is stop cheating. Everybody knows it. She just doesn't want to face Ronda as even a pseudo-female, she needs to be full blown Overoids with a 5 o'clock shadow and an erection.
11/13/12 8:38 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obviously she ask the doctor in the manner of saying "hey can i cut down even further and still keep all of my muscle strength?" every doctor would say heck no thats not healthy, you need to hire a nutritionist and cut back on the lifting. She is clearly single digit body fat % so she only cuts fluids down to 145, without a little less muscle she won't make 135 without looking holocausty
11/13/12 8:53 PM
Enemies

So lets say one opinion is she can't. Another opinion is that she can.

So, those other 3 doctors giving 3 different opinions. How are they going to differ from yes/no? :P
11/13/12 9:08 PM
MMALOGIC

1 million ppv buys?  come on...  this fight will do big on free television but sorry, nobody is paying 55 dollars or hundreds of dollars for tickets to watch 2 women fight.  co-main event on ppv or main event on free TV... that's as far as it ends up.

Ronda vs Cyborg or Tate could co-main event the anahiem ppv on february 27th.  Dominick Cruz vs Barao could b  main event (if Dom's knee is better).

11/13/12 9:10 PM
Farewell Brock

LilBrockonmychest -
HolyAvengerP5 - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

"I think it's a million-plus Pay-Per-View fight, so we have to take those things into consideration."

Uh, ya.  Maybe if on the undercard of Jon Jones vs Anderson.

no way.

the biggest women's fight would be Ronda vs Gina.

casuals give fuck all about tootsie roll packer

Huh?  My point is that no female fight is selling any PPV's and sure as hell aren't getting close to 1M buys.  The only way the UFC gets in the ballpark of 1M is with Jones, Anderson, or GSP headlining.  And I don't know what a tootsie roll packer is. 

I may be in the minority here but if these females are on a PPV, they better be on the Facebook prelims.  I don't want to pay for that.

I don't think you're in the minority on this bud Phone Post
11/13/12 9:37 PM
MagSlim

1.”Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Silva” (February 2011): 741,000 viewers
2.”Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum” (June 2011): 624,000
3.”Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson” (July 2011): 571,000
4.”Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg” (January 2011): 561,000
5.”Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley” (April 2011): 528,000
6.”Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey” (March 2012): 472,000
7.”Strikeforce: Heavyweight Grand Prix Final” (May 2012): 463,000
8.”Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal” (December 2011): 460,000
9.”Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy” (July 2012): 420,000
10.”Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson” (March 2011): 412,000
11.”Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine” (January 2012): 344,000
12.”Strikeforce: Barnett vs. Kharitonov” (September 2011): 274,000

Rousey v. Kaufman averaged 529k peaked with 676k main event viewers.
11/13/12 9:37 PM
Evie
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Telling another fighter to move weight classes to fight her? Tacky.

Cyborg is built to fight at 145. That's just how she's physically structured, even without PEDs. Form follows function, and all that. She's been known to not make 145, because even after a brutal camp and water cut, she's physically too big to drop that low. She walks lean at 160. 

A person can only lose so much weight and still remain functional, let alone in peak physical condition. Cutting large amounts of weight fucks your metabolism. Yo-yo-ing up and down, repeatedly, for years on end, fucks it up even more. To be perfectly honest, she'll be lucky to make 145, especially given her age. I know plenty of pro fighters who walk at 160 - 170, who wouldn't, won't or aren't physically able to cut to 135. 

Rousey walks at about 160 and cuts to 135 easy, but Rousey is also plenty soft around the edges at walking weight. Cyborg still has abs you could grate cheese on at her walk weight. 

If you call someone out, you say 'i'll fight you anytime, anywhere, and i'll crush you'. Not 'i'll crush you, but only on my territory. I'll fight you, but only if you're at a significant physical disadvantage because you've just cut a fifth of your body weight'. 

11/13/12 9:41 PM
lgi

Evie - 

Cyborg is built to fight at 145. That's just how she's physically structured, even without PEDs. Form follows function, and all that. She's been known to not make 145, because even after a brutal camp and water cut, she's physically too big to drop that low. She walks lean at 160. 

A person can only lose so much weight and still remain functional, let alone in peak physical condition. Cutting large amounts of weight fucks your metabolism. Yo-yo-ing up and down, repeatedly, for years on end, fucks it up even more. To be perfectly honest, she'll be lucky to make 145, especially given her age. I know plenty of pro fighters who walk at 160 - 170, who wouldn't, won't or aren't physically able to cut to 135. 

Rousey walks at about 160 and cuts to 135 easy, but Rousey is also plenty soft around the edges at walking weight. Cyborg still has abs you could grate cheese on at her walk weight. 

If you call someone out, you say 'i'll fight you anytime, anywhere, and i'll crush you'. Not 'i'll crush you, but only on my territory. I'll fight you, but only if you're at a significant physical disadvantage because you've just cut a fifth of your body weight'. 

Agreed. I also feel that if Cyborg was to drop down and pull of the victory, she will not get fully praised because of one incident. Which is a shame really.
11/13/12 9:43 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the hell would Honda move up to fight Cyborg...especially now? Let Honda cash in on bringing WMMA to the UFC and then talk about that fight. Besides, this fight will be a much bigger payday for both, 1 to 2 years from now.

11/13/12 9:53 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/13/12 9:56 PM
11/13/12 9:56 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

x FOX x -  Why should she be the one to change weight class? Phone Post

Because she got popped for roids and stripped of her title. Ronda is in the UFC already and is the champ. Cyborg needs Ronda. I'd just sit back and look pretty if I were Ronda.
11/13/12 10:20 PM
Forrest Spliffn

Didn't the 125ers have to fight for the strap?

Surely the women's division should have to do the same.

People won't even give Cormier an instant shot at JDS but Ronda gets an instant carry over strap? That's some wamp wamp level shit.

I can't respect Dana for hating on women's mma and then being its biggest supporter as soon as Ronda gets hollywoods attention. He truly is a scummy fuck. Phone Post
11/13/12 10:22 PM
stonepony

Evie - 

Nice spin there Evie. All Cyborg has to do is stop giving herself gender reassignment therapy. Problem solved. Roid weight comes off fast.

The cheater has no leverage and no card to play. No title to defend. No logical argument to make for Rousey to leave her division just so that Cyborg can keep cheating.

"i'll fight you anytime, anywhere, and i'll crush you, as long as you come up to my division so I can keep injecting steroids" -Cyborg
11/13/12 10:24 PM
stonepony

Forrest Spliffn -  Didn't the 125ers have to fight for the strap?

Surely the women's division should have to do the same.

People won't even give Cormier an instant shot at JDS but Ronda gets an instant carry over strap? That's some wamp wamp level shit.

I can't respect Dana for hating on women's mma and then being its biggest supporter as soon as Ronda gets hollywoods attention. He truly is a scummy fuck. Phone Post

Are you high or something? Cormier is not coming over to an empty division.
11/13/12 10:26 PM
145er

Cyborg whoops that ass at any weight.. I like ronda, but theres no way she stands with chris and I just dont see her catching an arm on a girl as strong as chris. If ronda is so sure she will beat her, she should just walk in at 145 and prove it!!
11/13/12 10:29 PM
145er

Annnnnd,,,, boats and ho's!!!!
11/13/12 10:42 PM
145er

She has a vagina,shes a girl.. Just cause she dopped doesn't make her a man. Look at her now that she's clean. Still in awesome shape and big. You dudes need to cut it out with all the man talk. It makes you look stupid brah....
11/13/12 11:00 PM
Evie
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/13/12 11:03 PM
stonepony - 
Evie - 

Nice spin there Evie. All Cyborg has to do is stop giving herself gender reassignment therapy. Problem solved. Roid weight comes off fast.

The cheater has no leverage and no card to play. No title to defend. No logical argument to make for Rousey to leave her division just so that Cyborg can keep cheating.

"i'll fight you anytime, anywhere, and i'll crush you, as long as you come up to my division so I can keep injecting steroids" -Cyborg

You think that she'd really be stupid enough to juice again?! She's going to be tested like a mofo, all the time, even while not fighting. Especially if she gets signed to the UFC. Every commissioner in the world will be *waiting* to catch her fucking up. 

And you're acting like every single fighter who gets popped for steroids needs to be dragged through the streets and scourged. SOOOO many high-level fighters have been popped for PEDs. They serve their sentence, they pay their fines and move on with their lives and careers. Yeah, it sucks that people feel the need to cheat, but they got caught and they paid their dues. Suggesting that Cyborg endanger her health and welfare by cutting more weight than she's physically able to, in order to atone for her sins, is stupid. Suggesting that she be punished in ways that no other fighter - male or female - has been, even when guilty of the same crime, is nothing short of sexist. Should Stephan Bonnar or Vitor Belfort be forced to drop weight classes also? 

Also, suggesting that she should find it *easier* to drop weight now that she's stopped taking PEDs shows how little you know about the effect of hormones on the female metabolism. The type of PEDs she took increase lean muscle mass and reduces fat stores by limiting production of female hormones like Progesterone and Estrogen, and increasing Testosterone production. Female hormones cause higher body fat percentages in women and make it more difficult to cut. It's why women starting birth control always pack on weight. It's why athletes who take PEDs sometimes get Gynecomastia and have to constantly increase dosages to maintain low BF. 

Basically, messing with your hormone levels REALLY fucks up your metabolism. If anything, Cyborg will have a much harder time shifting the weight than before, because her metabolism is still adjusting to 'normal' female hormone levels. If she rarely made 145 before, WHILE taking androgens, she's going to have a LOT more problems now. 

11/13/12 11:05 PM
dahosse
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg's a juicer, been juicing her entire career. If you can't see that, it's because you don't want to. There are no women anywhere that big, that lean, and that cut who haven't been injecting male hormones. She could definitely make 135 if she wanted to, but her entire style of fighting is based on roughhousing her opponents and having a significant strength advantage. Her technique is fucking weak, and if you can't see that as an "educated" fan, I don't know what to say. Polished strikers don't drop their hands to their waists and throw gorilla hooks the way she does.

That said, I give two fucks about women's mma, but please don't confuse Ronda's proven level of world-class skill with cyborg's roid-fueled history of beating down smaller women.

Kthxbye Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.