UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Creatine. A few questions.

11/13/12 11:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
12ealdeal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started taking Creatine monohydrate. To help lift, increase size, and aid recovery.

I am a week and a half into it and, just rounding up the "loading phase". I am really enjoying the results so far. To an extent I am feeling a bit clearer in my head too (cognitively).

My questions are:

How long should I take creatine for?
What kind of cycles are any of you on/find successful?
How long do you stay off of creatine before beginning a new cycle?
Do you start your new cycle with ANOTHER loading phase?
When do you generally take your creatine?
When do you take your maintenance dose on days you don't hit the gym?

Google searches bring up different answers to these different questions, all from different people. So I am hoping to see what ONE person would think/answer on all these questions.

Thanks
11/14/12 9:08 AM
tristar
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chareth Cutestory - Loading creatine is just a scam created by the supplement companies to get you to use up the product quicker. 5g a day without any cycles or loading bullshit is all you need.
What he said Phone Post
11/14/12 10:50 AM
Taku
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In my personal experience with using creatine, with both myself and the athletes I train, loading is not a scam. I agree that it is not required to gain the benefits that creatine offers, but in my experience a well laid out loading phase will speed up the process.

This being said, there in no real need to cycle on and off of creatine. This is a personal choice. It does not change one's hormone profile etc, so there is no fear of creating any issues around andorgen levels etc.

TAKU

P.S. In all of my years recommending and implementing creatine, I have only encountered one non-responder.

11/14/12 10:59 AM
Neal Zumbro
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with all the above. Add a few grams to each shake daily and your good. Don't be too concerned with brands or phasing on and off. I feel it has really helped keep me relatively injury free. Phone Post
11/14/12 11:09 AM
12ealdeal

Chareth Cutestory - Loading creatine is just a scam created by the supplement companies to get you to use up the product quicker. 5g a day without any cycles or loading bullshit is all you need.
When should the 5g be taken on "non-training" days?

(Asking anyone here) Phone Post
11/14/12 6:28 PM
tristar
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12ealdeal -
When should the 5g be taken on "non-training" days?

(Asking anyone here) Phone Post
Anytime. Doesn't matter Phone Post
11/14/12 8:00 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Before or post workout? Phone Post
11/15/12 12:25 AM
Soul Gravy

What are the benefits of creatine?
11/15/12 9:27 AM
tristar

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - Before or post workout? Phone Post
Anytime Phone Post
12/3/12 3:11 AM
onepunchJD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't forget the carbs.

Me personally - Non-workout days, once a day, (whenever I get around to it).

Workout days - about 30 min before, and right after.

Always with simple carbs.

I cycle off when I can't afford a new bottle, LOL!

Also, checkout the research of creatine taken with Fenugreek to aid in absorption. Some interesting results.
12/3/12 7:52 PM
Dr. Cheffa
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.