UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

11/20/12 6:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zenoplata
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think anyone believes Robert Strong is certainly Gregor in the sense that he has his personality and what-not.

11/20/12 6:19 PM
LittleKang
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adventure Runner -
Mencken - 
Hywel Teague -  At all you guys theorising the Stark's could become 'villains' in the story

Get real!

There are no good or bad guys in SOIAF. Only players in the Game. Phone Post

Yes, the white walkers that kill all humans and enslave them as a zombie army are just playing the GoT

Just wait for the white walker pov chapters. We'll find out they are complex people and really only the way they are through bad circumstance.
Im still waiting on a hodor chapter myself Phone Post
11/20/12 6:21 PM
DW
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang - 
Adventure Runner -
Mencken - 
Hywel Teague -  At all you guys theorising the Stark's could become 'villains' in the story

Get real!

Yes, the white walkers that kill all humans and enslave them as a zombie army are just playing the GoT

Just wait for the white walker pov chapters. We'll find out they are complex people and really only the way they are through bad circumstance.

11/20/12 6:21 PM
dizz
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 6:21 PM
Awesomo4000 - 
Mencken - 
canuck34 - 
Hywel Teague - At all you guys theorising the Stark's could become 'villains' in the story

Get real!

The Starks don't become villains.

The whole point of "Winter is Coming" is essentially to say "all your petty bickering will mean nothing when we all have to fight the white walkers." IMO Phone Post

That is certainly the most commonly held belief about its meaning, yes

I agree with canuck. The Starks aren't Walter White. They're not going to up and become the villains of the book.

It's going to be a more or less smooth wrap up from here. Dany, Jon and Aegon will be the riders of the three dragons. Jon is the song of ice and fire AND the prince that was promised AND azor ahai reborn. If his parentage (Stark/Ice + Targaryen/Fire) doesn't convince you, here:

1) In ADwD, Dany recalls that a wood witch prophesies that a child of Aerys II's lineage is the prince that is promised. Technically, that can be either Dany, Jon, or Aegon, but:

2) In AGoT, Dany sees a vision of Rhaegar holding a baby and speaking to a woman, the woman asks something like "will you compose a song for him?" Rhaegar responds with something like "he already has a song. He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire." That eliminates Dany, leaving Jon and Aegon.

3) Azor Ahai is also called the prince that was promised. Melissandre sees ONLY Jon when she asks R'hllor for a vision of Azor Ahai.

Add them up, Jon is the ONLY viable candidate.

As far as speculation goes, I think the following will also happen, though I'm fuzzy on the particulars:

1) Littlefinger will either be killed or have a fall from grace. It will be either to save Sansa or she will be the one who causes his death/downfall. Sandor will reenter Sansa's life. Probably to die to save it.

2) Jaime dies nobly in an act of self-sacrifice. Probably to save Brienne. Much less likely to save Cersei.

3) Robert Strong is not Gregor, per se. Gregor is dead, and Robert Strong is a reanimated golem/frankenstein. This one is not a theory, it's pretty obvious.

4) Bran takes over for Bloodraven as leader of the remaining children of the forest.

5) Victarion will outlive Euron.

I can tell from your previous posts that you know your shit, but how do you think it's "going to be more or less a smooth wrap up from here?"

If we know anything about Martin, it's that he'll do the opposite of what we expect. Shit, I half-expect him to change plotlines that he had planned purely because fans are predicting what will happen.

You think Bran is going to warg into a dragon? Watch Martin have him get raped by Coldhands! SURPRISE

11/20/12 6:23 PM
Zenoplata
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if Bran is secretely being used to further the plot of the Others and Benjen shows up and has to kill him?

11/20/12 6:44 PM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DW - 
LittleKang - 
Adventure Runner -
Mencken - 

Get real!

fucking win. lol.
11/20/12 6:59 PM
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dizz - 
Awesomo4000 - 
Mencken - 
canuck34 - 
Hywel Teague - At all you guys theorising the Stark's could become 'villains' in the story

Get real!

The whole point of "Winter is Coming" is essentially to say "all your petty bickering will mean nothing when we all have to fight the white walkers." IMO Phone Post

I agree with canuck. The Starks aren't Walter White. They're not going to up and become the villains of the book.

It's going to be a more or less smooth wrap up from here. Dany, Jon and Aegon will be the riders of the three dragons. Jon is the song of ice and fire AND the prince that was promised AND azor ahai reborn. If his parentage (Stark/Ice + Targaryen/Fire) doesn't convince you, here:

1) In ADwD, Dany recalls that a wood witch prophesies that a child of Aerys II's lineage is the prince that is promised. Technically, that can be either Dany, Jon, or Aegon, but:

2) In AGoT, Dany sees a vision of Rhaegar holding a baby and speaking to a woman, the woman asks something like "will you compose a song for him?" Rhaegar responds with something like "he already has a song. He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire." That eliminates Dany, leaving Jon and Aegon.

3) Azor Ahai is also called the prince that was promised. Melissandre sees ONLY Jon when she asks R'hllor for a vision of Azor Ahai.

As far as speculation goes, I think the following will also happen, though I'm fuzzy on the particulars:

1) Littlefinger will either be killed or have a fall from grace. It will be either to save Sansa or she will be the one who causes his death/downfall. Sandor will reenter Sansa's life. Probably to die to save it.

2) Jaime dies nobly in an act of self-sacrifice. Probably to save Brienne. Much less likely to save Cersei.

3) Robert Strong is not Gregor, per se. Gregor is dead, and Robert Strong is a reanimated golem/frankenstein. This one is not a theory, it's pretty obvious.

4) Bran takes over for Bloodraven as leader of the remaining children of the forest.

I can tell from your previous posts that you know your shit, but how do you think it's "going to be more or less a smooth wrap up from here?"

If we know anything about Martin, it's that he'll do the opposite of what we expect. Shit, I half-expect him to change plotlines that he had planned purely because fans are predicting what will happen.

You think Bran is going to warg into a dragon? Watch Martin have him get raped by Coldhands! SURPRISE

Thanks, I appreciate that. I don't really have any hard evidence to suggest that he's going to wrap things up quickly, but he planned for 6 (now increased to 7 books) and unless he plans on writing an 8th book (always a possibility) that doesn't leave much room to write. Plus, the title of the 7th book "A Dream of Spring" seems like it would be appropriate for an Epilogue. He might end up inserting an extra book in between the winds of winter and a dream of spring though. Actually, come to think of it that sounds much more likely.

Also, he seems to be tying up a few loose ends already. Like, he introduced Quentyn basically at the very end of the 4th book in Arianne's chapter, then Quentyn had a POV in the 5th and now he's already gone. Dany is finally out of Meereen and has her khalasar. Aegon is already in Westeros.

Then again, there's still about a million plot lines to tie up, so who knows. I suspect none of the plots are going to get any more tangled or really fluctuate from their current course. Some characters will die unexpectedly, I guess, but otherwise, everything points to an epic Targaryens + Dragons vs The Others to me.

11/20/12 7:29 PM
LittleKang
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DW -
LittleKang - 
Adventure Runner -
Mencken - 

Get real!

Epic. Better then any brienne chapter Phone Post
11/20/12 10:00 PM
El_Varaco
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get real!

not villains in the way that we know it.

villains in that they are "winter" personified. that one single time when the starks/northeners travel all the way down south and wreak havoc on westeros.

at least that's what I think zeno meant by his quoted post anyway
11/20/12 10:52 PM
GMB13
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 
canuck34 - 
Mencken -

Theon would know Blackfish by sight though. 

Why? It is never said that Theon spent any time in Riverrun or that the blackfish spent any time in winterfell. Plus the whole cloak thing. Phone Post

Theon has spent ten years at Winterfell.  He has been a brother to Robb in all but name.  Robb plainly knew Blackfish by sight, and I highly doubt that's because Robb remembers him from when Robb was 5 and younger.  The Starks and the Tullys are clearly very close, and young nobles are taught to know each other.  In ten years, he has met, or at teh very least seen, Blackfish.  I actually think it's silly to think otherwise.

But think what you want.  I won't convince you. 

Theon was one of the Blackfish's chosen scouts leading up to the Whispering Wood.  Theon boasts of this in Clash of Kings.  Blackfish isn't the type to pick somebody for such an important mission unless he knows them fairly well.  If the Blackfish knew who Theon was, Theon damn well knew the Blackfish.  Other than the madness angle, which could certainly be true considering all Theon has been through, Theon would know the Blackfish's face.

11/20/12 11:13 PM
canuck34
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GMB13 -
Mencken - 
canuck34 - 
Mencken -

Why? It is never said that Theon spent any time in Riverrun or that the blackfish spent any time in winterfell. Plus the whole cloak thing. Phone Post

Theon has spent ten years at Winterfell.  He has been a brother to Robb in all but name.  Robb plainly knew Blackfish by sight, and I highly doubt that's because Robb remembers him from when Robb was 5 and younger.  The Starks and the Tullys are clearly very close, and young nobles are taught to know each other.  In ten years, he has met, or at teh very least seen, Blackfish.  I actually think it's silly to think otherwise.

Theon was one of the Blackfish's chosen scouts leading up to the Whispering Wood.  Theon boasts of this in Clash of Kings.  Blackfish isn't the type to pick somebody for such an important mission unless he knows them fairly well.  If the Blackfish knew who Theon was, Theon damn well knew the Blackfish.  Other than the madness angle, which could certainly be true considering all Theon has been through, Theon would know the Blackfish's face.

Ah, sorry, I forgot about that.

So who is the damn hooded man??! Phone Post
11/20/12 11:13 PM
MickColins
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Ned would have no reason to hide he is raising Robert/Lyanna's bastard and lie about his origin as Jon would be just like Eric Storm on of robberts other bastard kids."

Sure he would. You think the second wife would let that kid live? History is full of the wives of kings killing older kids of their husbands so their biological kid inherits the throne. 

11/20/12 11:20 PM
Zenoplata

Seriously though, where does it say Theon does not recognize the hooded man? He simply doesn't call him by name.

11/20/12 11:29 PM
El_Varaco
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canuck34 - 
GMB13 -
Mencken - 
canuck34 - 
Mencken -

and why is he important again?
11/21/12 7:12 AM
canuck34
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 - I thought there were multiple instances of characters saying Snow looked alot like Ned?
Yes, but surely Ned looked like his sister.

And the reason Ned would want to hide him is because he saw what happened to the other targ children and Robert approved of it. Phone Post
11/21/12 7:40 AM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesomo4000 - 
Mencken - 
canuck34 - 

Get real!

You're forgetting some very key points.

Re #2) That is Aegon. The woman in that vision says so and Rhaegar then says there must be one more because the dragon has three heads (presumably Jon Snow).

So with that said #2 and #3 totally and completely contradict each other and Jon is far from the "ONLY" viable candidate. That's not surprising since Martin isn't going to give up such an important reveal in such an easy fashion.

For the others, I agree with Littlefinger falling due to Sansa but Sandor is dead. Jaime won't die. ;)
11/21/12 7:41 AM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boom. Just found what I'm talking about online.

---

The fifth room, finally, shows a man very much alike her brother Viserys, except that he is taller and has eyes of dark indigo rather than lilac. He is speaking to a woman who is nursing a newborn babe, telling her that the child's name should be Aegon and saying that "What better name for a king?". The woman asks him if he will make a song for the child, and he replies that he has a song and that "He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire.". He appears to look at Dany then, as if seeing her, and then he adds that "There must be one more," and "The dragon has three heads.".

---
11/21/12 8:40 AM
canuck34

Adventure Runner -
Awesomo4000 - 
Mencken - 
canuck34 - 

Get real!

You're forgetting some very key points.

Re #2) That is Aegon. The woman in that vision says so and Rhaegar then says there must be one more because the dragon has three heads (presumably Jon Snow).

So with that said #2 and #3 totally and completely contradict each other and Jon is far from the "ONLY" viable candidate. That's not surprising since Martin isn't going to give up such an important reveal in such an easy fashion.

For the others, I agree with Littlefinger falling due to Sansa but Sandor is dead. Jaime won't die. ;)
I don't know how anyone can think that the hound is dead. It is pretty obvious that he is alive. Phone Post
11/21/12 8:46 AM
Adventure Runner

I think it's too obvious, so it's a red herring.
11/21/12 8:50 AM
Hazmandoo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesomo4000
"Dany is finally out of Meereen and has her khalasar"

*hate epic sized multi quotes*

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the leader of the Khalasar she encountered one of the Dothraki that raped that girl she set free? And she swears to see them rather brutally murdered?

My thoughts are that Danys chapters in book 6 start with her and Drogon royally fucked up that entire Khalasar, possibly with the aid of the other 2 dragons that come and find them.

11/21/12 9:44 AM
LittleKang

canuck34 -
GMB13 -
Mencken - 
canuck34 - 
Mencken -

And this isnt really Theon but actually is Reek. If you barely remember your own name then your memories are probably shot too Phone Post
11/21/12 9:58 AM
Zenoplata

thirdleg - "Basically if a character mercilessly rapes people and slaughters children I think they can call them a bad guy."

Those are evaluations in your head, not given by the story.

Fortunately Martin is a lot more nuanced than the childish "good v. evil" lot.

Childish?

Fuck off guy, you may very well be retarded.

No one can make the claim that Ramsay or the Mountain are redeemable characters with many layers of depth. Their intention is to be monstrous bad guys for other characters to rally against.

Not every single character in the story is hyper dynamic. Static characters have their place as well, in a story with this many characters it'd be childish to think that every single one ought to be dynamic.

Now kindly fuck yourself out of my thread.

11/21/12 10:11 AM
Zenoplata

LittleKang - 
canuck34 -
GMB13 -
Mencken - 
canuck34 - 
Mencken -

And this isnt really Theon but actually is Reek. If you barely remember your own name then your memories are probably shot too Phone Post

I'm still going with Robett Glover. It would be an interesting way to introduce him to some of the major characters and get him more involved with the main plot. So far we've only seen him as a secondary character, but I think circumstance and motivation make him a very viable candidate.

Not to mention he was with Roose Bolton's host during the war, I'm not sure Theon would recognize him, although it's possible they've crossed paths before.

I think I discussed this earlier, but he may have more reason to hate the Bolton's than any character besides the Starks themselves.

- Glover fostered Larence Snow, the last remaining Hornwood. Remember Ramsay kept Lady Hornwood imprisoned and starved her to the point that she ate her own fingers.

- Robett was used by Roose Bolton and intentionally allowed to be captured by Vargo Hoat in order to enact their plan to take Harrenhall. Although Glover was in on this plot, he was not in on Bolton's second plot;

- Glover was ordered to march on Duskendale, a tactical move that Bolton took in order to allow the Lannisters a victory. Basically Roose sent Glover on a suicide mission and Robett survived but was captured and later exchanged for a lesser Lannister.

- He also has reason to hate the Greyjoys. Asha took Deepwood Motte and Glover pleaded with Manderly to retake it. Manderly openly denied him, givng good reason as to why Glover would have to act in secret - which we know he does as he was the one to escort Davos to their secret meeting.

- He is also aware of everything that has happened in Winterfell, is aware of the sack and of Bran and Rickon's fate and Ramsay's true intentions as he was the one helping Wex Pyke communicate with the Northern conspirators.

11/21/12 10:39 AM
Mencken
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/21/12 10:39 AM
canuck34 - 
irishman84 - I thought there were multiple instances of characters saying Snow looked alot like Ned?
Yes, but surely Ned looked like his sister.

And the reason Ned would want to hide him is because he saw what happened to the other targ children and Robert approved of it. Phone Post

You can follow the chain of looks haha.  Ned says Arya looks like Lyanna.  Arya looks like Jon.  Therefore, Jon looks like Lyanna.

One interesting note is Margaery is said to look like Lyanna.  I'm taking this from the Wiki though....I don't remember that from the books.  If so, I wonder if there's a connection

Edit: It's apparently here: In Chapter 27 of GOT Ned said that Renly had shown him a portrait of Margaery and had said that several people had remarked how much she looked like Lyanna.  When Ned said she didn't bear any resemblance at all, Renly had appeared very disappointed.  Ned said he thought this a very odd occurrence.

11/21/12 10:42 AM
Mencken
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I suppose it could be as simple as Renly wanted it in order to sway Robert into dropping Cersei for Lyanna.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.