UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

11/24/12 7:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zenoplata
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesomo4000 - 
Zenoplata - 

Catelyn sucks. She's my least favorite character. I would've been happy about the Red Wedding if it were just her and her retard bro getting butchered.

Hey, we agree!

There's the part in AGoT when Jon was leaving Winterfell to join the Night's Watch and he was saying goodbye to Bran, and she says "it should have been you."

That was also (I think) the first time Jon remembers her directly addressing him by his name.

Glad she's dead. I'll be pissed if she also kills my favorite character (Jaime) or even Pod. Brienne is whatevs.

Pod is awesome. When he saved Tyrion during the Blackwater battle I was going nuts. I don't know why they changed it in the show, it's Bronn that ends up saving him right?

11/24/12 7:48 PM
billydeewilliams
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 
Awesomo4000 - 
Zenoplata - 

Catelyn sucks. She's my least favorite character. I would've been happy about the Red Wedding if it were just her and her retard bro getting butchered.

Hey, we agree!

There's the part in AGoT when Jon was leaving Winterfell to join the Night's Watch and he was saying goodbye to Bran, and she says "it should have been you."

That was also (I think) the first time Jon remembers her directly addressing him by his name.

Glad she's dead. I'll be pissed if she also kills my favorite character (Jaime) or even Pod. Brienne is whatevs.

Pod is awesome. When he saved Tyrion during the Blackwater battle I was going nuts. I don't know why they changed it in the show, it's Bronn that ends up saving him right?

It is still Pod in the show, he drives a spear through ser mandon's(?) face right after he slashes Tyrion. Bron saves the Hound in the show though, with an arrow.
11/24/12 7:49 PM
Zenoplata
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, nevermind, I guess Pod did save Tyrion in the show. Bronn ends up saving the Hound. It seems odd they spent so much time building up a relationship between the Hound and Bronn... maybe something awaits for these two in the future.

11/24/12 7:50 PM
Zenoplata

billydeewilliams - 
Zenoplata - 
Awesomo4000 - 
Zenoplata - 

Hey, we agree!

It is still Pod in the show, he drives a spear through ser mandon's(?) face right after he slashes Tyrion. Bron saves the Hound in the show though, with an arrow.

Haha, ninja'd. Thanks dude.

Bronn is awesome in the show.

11/24/12 7:57 PM
TheCrow13
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The red viper was one of the biggest thugs in the history of literature. Went out like a g. That's my theory. Phone Post
11/24/12 8:00 PM
cmons
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
11/24/12 9:16 PM
Delorian
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheCrow13 - The red viper was one of the biggest thugs in the history of literature. Went out like a g. That's my theory. Phone Post
That's not a theory, that's fact! Phone Post
11/24/12 9:20 PM
Zenoplata

I didn't like how he died.

He was built up forever and basically just died in order to make everyone else mad and get them going. It was basically like Ned dying.

Beloved partiarch of one of the major families dies in order to cause all of their relatives to begin war-mongering.

11/24/12 9:56 PM
Dagz
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fucking love this thread Phone Post
11/24/12 11:26 PM
homegrowncone
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 

He was built up forever and basically just died in order to make everyone else mad and get them going. It was basically like Ned dying.

Beloved partiarch of one of the major families dies in order to cause all of their relatives to begin war-mongering.

I think you hit the nail on the head here, I also think that's entirely the point.  The Martells are also a little different than the other major houses, just like the starks.

11/24/12 11:54 PM
Evie
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Speaking of Bronn, I wonder if, and in what capacity, he will show up again? Last I remember, he was set up quite nicely with Lollys (sp?), the simple but wealthy girl at Court in KL, who got raped following Tommen's Procession.
11/25/12 12:09 AM
Zenoplata

homegrowncone - 
Zenoplata - 

I think you hit the nail on the head here, I also think that's entirely the point.  The Martells are also a little different than the other major houses, just like the starks.

I feel like the Dorne storyline has been pretty stagnant since Oberyn died. There was a very brief moment of excitement with Areo killing Arys and Darkstar running off, but I haven't been overly interested.

None of the characters in Dorne have been overly interesting since Oberyn, not to me at least.

11/25/12 12:15 AM
Zenoplata

Evie - 
Speaking of Bronn, I wonder if, and in what capacity, he will show up again? Last I remember, he was set up quite nicely with Lollys (sp?), the simple but wealthy girl at Court in KL, who got raped following Tommen's Procession.

Bronn wanted to name the rape-baby Tywin but Cersei refused so he named it Tyrion instead, in jest of Cersei.

Cersei ordered Falyse (Lollys' mother) to find a way to dispose of Bronn, but her husband Balman Byrch took it upon himself to challenge Bronn openly to single combat which Bronn accepted. Bronn used some sort of dirty tactic, killed Balman and Lollys went running back to Cersei. Cersei then had Falyse killed by Qyburn to keep her silent about why Balman tried to fight Bronn, leaving Lollys as the next in line to inherit Stokeworth.

Bronn being Lollys' husband is now suddenly Lord Protector of Stokeworth. Stokeworth is one of the main suppliers of food to King's Landing, so Bronn has the potential to starve out KL if he really wished to.

11/25/12 12:27 AM
Zenoplata

One very interesting thing of note is that Shagga and many of the other clansmen have not returned to the mountains near the Vale yet. The books are unclear about the fate of many of them, but it is explicitly stated that Shagga and the Stone Crows are in the Kingswood. The Moonbrothers were last seen being sent into the Kingswood to torment Stannis. The Black Ears attempted to reenter Kings Landing after the battle but were chased off and could very well still be near.

So there are potentially hundreds or thousands of mountain clansmen in the Kingswood near King's Landing. We already know that they have shown loyalty to Tyrion in the past - I feel it's possible that Tyrion rallies the clansmen once more, calls on Bronn to rally Stokeworth (if they're still boys like that) and either claims his rightful inheritance at Castle Rock, or provides his own host to attack with.

How will this play into the rest of the story? Well, Danaerys has her own host and is currently riding Drogon. If she arrives in Westoros with her Khalasar, shavepates, Unsullied etc. she can lead a main army... now if it's true that Tyrion and Jon Snow are the other dragon riders they each have their own potential armies.

Jon Snow may or may not still be in command of the Night's Watch. If he is, it's pretty obvious, if he is not, he may very well be the next heir of Winterfell. Or it's always possible that Stannis is killed by Ramsay and that Melisandre makes sure Jon is put in charge of his army. Either way, we can assume Jon Snow will probably have his own host.

That would leave Tyrion - between the clansmen and Bronn he could easily gather a decent amount of troops. Furthermore, if he is still in league with Aegon, they can always join together.

11/29/12 6:58 PM
Zenoplata

Can't let this thread die!

Bronn is a secret Targ!

11/29/12 7:11 PM
CyborgRoyce
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tyrion and Jamie duel at the end! 

11/29/12 8:50 PM
LittleKang
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -
Evie - 

Bronn wanted to name the rape-baby Tywin but Cersei refused so he named it Tyrion instead, in jest of Cersei.

Cersei ordered Falyse (Lollys' mother) to find a way to dispose of Bronn, but her husband Balman Byrch took it upon himself to challenge Bronn openly to single combat which Bronn accepted. Bronn used some sort of dirty tactic, killed Balman and Lollys went running back to Cersei. Cersei then had Falyse killed by Qyburn to keep her silent about why Balman tried to fight Bronn, leaving Lollys as the next in line to inherit Stokeworth.

Bronn being Lollys' husband is now suddenly Lord Protector of Stokeworth. Stokeworth is one of the main suppliers of food to King's Landing, so Bronn has the potential to starve out KL if he really wished to.

Bronn is such a bad ass lol. Went from a sellsword to lord in no time. He plays the game quite well Phone Post
11/30/12 10:21 AM
Zenoplata

Kirkifan1 - im on the second book and one thing i don't like is how martin writes the sex scenes. i don't want that much detail lol

So... fan theory, Kirikfan1 is a homosexual?

11/30/12 10:21 AM
Zenoplata

Kirkifan1 - im on the second book and one thing i don't like is how martin writes the sex scenes. i don't want that much detail lol

So... fan theory, Kirikfan1 is a homosexual?

11/30/12 12:15 PM
Mencken
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 
homegrowncone - 
Zenoplata - 

I feel like the Dorne storyline has been pretty stagnant since Oberyn died. There was a very brief moment of excitement with Areo killing Arys and Darkstar running off, but I haven't been overly interested.

None of the characters in Dorne have been overly interesting since Oberyn, not to me at least.

It's true that it's stagnant at this point, but Sarella and Darkstar are going to become major players, imo.  I don't think we'll see a ton of Areo, simply because he's just the captain of the guard of a guy that's basically bedridden. 

11/30/12 12:35 PM
CyborgRoyce
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^At this point in the story I don't want them making any more characters important. There's enough POV characters and competing factions as it is. He has two books to wrap it up. 

11/30/12 1:16 PM
HayemakeredByHaye
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CyborgRoyce - 

^At this point in the story I don't want them making any more characters important. There's enough POV characters and competing factions as it is. He has two books to wrap it up. 

Agreed.

As long as we were guaranteed getting them and a resolution to the story , I wouldn't care howw many books were left. As it stands I doubt we will even get the next one.
11/30/12 2:07 PM
Zenoplata

Yeah, when they introduced Aegon I was like, Oh great... more fucking people.

11/30/12 2:35 PM
Flyers179
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/30/12 2:35 PM
Yes but at least he set Aegon up in the previous books.
11/30/12 3:05 PM
Zenoplata

Ok, here's a theory we can discuss and it's implications.

Is Dawn - the sword that belongs to house Dayne also the sword formerly known as Lightbringer, which was said to have ended the Long Night.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.