UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Song of Ice+Fire Fan Theories plead your case here

11/30/12 6:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Awesomo4000
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata - 
Mencken - 

I don't buy that Dawn is Lightbringer.  There is literally nothing that suggests it, other than the theoretical link between Jon and House Dayne, and the fact that the Dawn and Lightbringer are unique swords.  Other than that, there isn't anything to suggest it 

Well the fact that Lightbringer and Dawn are similar in meaning.

Lightbringer brought an end to the Long Night. Dawn of course literally is the end of night.

I like the implications of this however, we know that Ashara was the last one with the sword and that she killed herself so its whereabouts are currently unknown but we can assume the sword is still with house Dayne.

Perhaps the name Darkstar is alluding to some sort of connection to the Others/The Great Other? It's unlikely I think since GRRM isn't always so obvious.

Darkstar and his lines were the best thing about AFFC in my opinion.

Darkstar had the distinctive features of a Targaryen too - silver hair and (dark) purple eyes. There might be something there

I agree that it's unlikely that he's connected to the Others. Seems more of a black sheep reputation thing than anything else at this point.

11/30/12 7:14 PM
Masturbasian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aint all daynes described as having valyrain feature.

Darkstar came off as a massive douche in AFFC. Red Viper was cool, darkstar = douche.

"most dangerous man in dorne"

- fails to kill little girl, then runs away.
11/30/12 7:16 PM
Flyers179

Zenoplata -
Kirkifan1 - im on the second book and one thing i don't like is how martin writes the sex scenes. i don't want that much detail lol

So... fan theory, Kirikfan1 is a homosexual?

On a more cheerful note:
Phone Post
11/30/12 7:22 PM
Masturbasian

however i do think that swann wont be coming out of dorne alive. i predict he will have the prolouge chapter and get killed by darkstar, this will also giv martin the chance to talk about the tower of joy incident more.
11/30/12 9:47 PM
Dagz
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope we finally get to meet Howland Reed soon. Phone Post
12/1/12 2:08 AM
mofugra
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Found this on GRRM's website.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html
12/1/12 2:13 AM
shootfighterbull

Kirkifan1 - not just penises entering vaginas, old penises entering 12 year old vaginas. what is his problem?
Bulbous penises. Get it correct. Phone Post
12/1/12 9:06 AM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd Phone Post
12/1/12 10:52 AM
MentalRage
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - 
Kirkifan1 - not just penises entering vaginas, old penises entering 12 year old vaginas. what is his problem?
Bulbous penises. Get it correct. Phone Post

Fat Pink Mast imo
12/1/12 12:26 PM
Zenoplata
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken - 
Zenoplata - 

Interesting, I never heard that theory about Ashara before Ari. Do you have any evidence? I'd love to read about it.

Are you referring to my mention of Ashara and Ned?  It's pretty blatantly suggested early on.  It's who Cat thinks is Jon's mother.  Someone brings Ashara up to Ned and he tells that person to never mention her again. 

No, the idea of Ashara still being alive and being the Septa with the C section.

12/1/12 12:33 PM
Zenoplata
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirkifan1 - anyone have pics of the new characters for season 3? i'd like to put faces to the names as i read storm of swords

i don't know why, but I've always envisioned Ramsay as having cold sores and pimples.

12/1/12 3:06 PM
homegrowncone
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy (supposedly) playing Ramsey was on a decent British Show called Misfits, he's creepy as hell.

12/1/12 3:10 PM
homegrowncone
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/01/12 3:10 PM

This Video has some of the other new cast members

12/1/12 3:17 PM
homegrowncone

Edited: 12/01/12 3:17 PM

Tormund Giantsbane

12/1/12 3:19 PM
homegrowncone

Mance  Rayder

12/1/12 3:21 PM
homegrowncone

Edmure Tully

12/1/12 3:21 PM
homegrowncone

K I'm done, sorry  for threadjack

12/1/12 3:42 PM
Zenoplata

Omg, Mance Rayder looks absolutely nothing like I imagined him.

I envisioned him quite a bit younger, skinnier and with long dark hair.

12/1/12 3:44 PM
Zenoplata

They got Jojen and Meera perfect. I like the casting for Beric, Thoros and Blackfish as well.

12/1/12 3:49 PM
DW
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im sure the costume department will make Mance look good, plus Ciaran is a great actor which is more important IMO.

12/1/12 4:00 PM
canuck34
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -

Omg, Mance Rayder looks absolutely nothing like I imagined him.

I envisioned him quite a bit younger, skinnier and with long dark hair.

Really? I imagined him looking almost exactly like that but in black and a but more ragged. Phone Post
12/1/12 4:03 PM
Mencken
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is Missandei

12/1/12 4:43 PM
Squatdog

1:30 mark

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh..."
12/1/12 4:53 PM
Flyers179

Willy the Coyote -  "Mance is a big man, long legged and lean, broad in the chest and shoulders. His once long brown hair is now gone mostly grey, laughter lines appear at the corner of his mouth. [1] He has a sharp face and shrewd brown eyes. [2] He is an unremarkable-looking man in his middle years, with a fondness for music."

Is that a picture from the show or another one of his roles. I would like it if he grew his hair out, as that also fits how a wildling leader should look. Phone Post

That picture is from HBO's Rome series, I believe.
12/1/12 4:53 PM
homegrowncone

Edited: 12/01/12 4:54 PM

The picture of Ciaran is from a godawful movie he was in, John Carter, definitely not GOT.  I think I read somewhere that he had grown out his hair.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.